LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that story, as I didn't see it. Do you have a link? How did the person happen to see BL's license?

The poster at Tiger Droppings posted a thread, PRIOR to Mickey being abducted, asking for advice about a family matter. His sister in law was dating a guy who some family members had concerns about. The guy she was dating was Brandon Lavergne. The family discovered his RSO status and criminal record and confronted the woman who was defensive of BL, claiming he was wrongly convicted. Then, Mickey is abducted, and the stills released a few days later, and the Tiger Droppings poster, now knowing BL's criminal history, realizes BL drives the same kind of truck of as the VOI. The poster reported it and also told the board and arrest was coming down before it happened.

Yes I'm up to date with both WS and tiger dropping forums. The friend posted here about it, I don't have the patience to go back through the threads but if you go back to the day he was first arrested you will find this post.

I don't know that story, as I didn't see it. Do you have a link? How did the person happen to see BL's license?

The poster at Tiger Droppings posted a thread, PRIOR to Mickey being abducted, asking for advice about a family matter. His sister in law was dating a guy who some family members had concerns about. The guy she was dating was Brandon Lavergne. The family discovered his RSO status and criminal record and confronted the woman who was defensive of BL, claiming he was wrongly convicted. Then, Mickey is abducted, and the stills released a few days later, and the Tiger Droppings poster, now knowing BL's criminal history, realizes BL drives the same kind of truck of as the VOI. The poster reported it and also told the board and arrest was coming down before it happened.

I am not sure what posts they were, there were many, but I believe it is in the last thread. He went into the dealership looking to buy the same type of truck as his "stolen" one. He said his truck had been stolen and when he provided his Drivers License the RSO status was tampered with and covered with 'white out'.. she had made a copy of his license. She said he left in a hurry after that. She contacted LE and gave that copy to police. Chief Craft confirmed that his license had been altered in the press conference.

It was also mentioned here in the last thread about the relatives of his gf and the posts by AdamLSU on TD. Police were apparently contacted by them as well, in regards to his truck also. No details on exactly what. It seems they were apparently waiting for him to get back from being offshore to arrest him.

The way some posts are written is like it is some big conspiracy within LE so that's the way I wrote it

Well, I do believe that could be due to the conflicting statements between those that do believe the police would release such a picture and those that believe they would not. There are some, respectfully, that say police would never release a picture of a poor girl being ran over on this video. My opinion is that this side of the debate has not had the opportunity to witness a police investigation as an insider and they dont nearly watch any news on the tv. Y'all can turn on the daily news and see people being carjacked, ran over, shot and heads cut off. I will be darned it I did not see an entire man being completely run over on the news one night. This was not a picture it was a video and he goes flying through the air. And y'all don't think the police will show a picture of truck with a bicycle under it.

He appeared to have a new undisclosed pinkish healing scar on his neck in his latest mugshot that is not listed on his RSO status listing or appear in previous mugshots/photos.

I noticed that scar on his neck and it reminded me of my sons recent accident about 4 months ago...My son started off with pink scars and after about 2 & half months they turned a deep purple.

Thank you, however don't forget this is a Internet forum no one can see your facial expressions or hear your tone so some of your posts have come across in a way where personally I felt belittled JMO though.

Hun you are one of my favorite posters and I have enjoyed your posts immensely. I am like a drunk person that does not drink. The kind where you are kind of funny to yourself but to no one else!

I read he had a bite mark on his hand..could dental records be used to figure out who it came from???

I am not sure what posts they were, there were many, but I believe it is in the last thread. He went into the dealership looking to buy the same type of truck as his "stolen" one. He said his truck had been stolen and when he provided his Drivers License the RSO status was tampered with and covered with 'white out'.. she had made a copy of his license. She said he left in a hurry after that. She contacted LE and gave that copy to police. Chief Craft confirmed that his license had been altered in the press conference.

It was also mentioned here in the last thread about the relatives of his gf and the posts by AdamLSU on TD. Police were apparently contacted by them as well, in regards to his truck also. No details on exactly what. It seems they were apparently waiting for him to get back from being offshore to arrest him.

Now don't y'all forget that this car dealership worker also told police that this man had scratches on his hands and arms and this also made her suspicious.

I do not think the video footage that LE "picked up" on the day of BL arrest had actual footage of MS. Maybe just the bike in the bed/or damage to the truck that was not there in previous videos. I think if it did, this was POOR LE work. Why would they have that evidence and leave it there until the arrest day with the chance of it being "misplaced or lost"?

I am curious about a couple things in regards to the mobile home.
1. Skirting being replaced. Now I am not aware of how it is all attached, but wondering if something was hidden there immediately after that he later dispossed of and he now had to replace?/MO
2. The fire to the previous mobile home on the property. Could he have been burning evidence from a previous crime too? Just a thought/MO

I think he purposely mispelled his name on the FB site to throw off anyone that might be looking him up on the RSO site. And because he was getting flack from the fiances/gf family, he tampered with his DL. It was apparant he did not want to be associated as being a RSO. MOO

I read he had a bite mark on his hand..could dental records be used to figure out who it came from???

Not sure where this came about "the bite on hand" but it was asked at the press conference and the police said they couldn't comment. He is also viewed to have a newly healed scar on his neck in his latest mugshot and it was reported he had scratches on his hands and arms

When BSL went to buy a new vehicle, the salesperson had to have his driver's license to make a copy. She saw that he had whited out his sexual offender registration. He saw her notice, got his license and left in a hurry. She contacted LE because she thought it was weird behavior and because he was attempting to break the law.
IMO, both the TD poster and this woman really did their civic duty by speaking to LE and shaahring what they knew.

Was the car sales woman in Louisiana? So, a WS poster said they knew the sales woman and got the story from her?

Do you know where the stories are coming from about his arms being scratched up or having bite marks? I've seen this repeated elsewhere and it seems to have originated here.

Was the car sales woman in Louisiana? So, a WS poster said they knew the sales woman and got the story from her?

Do you know where the stories are coming from about his arms being scratched up or having bite marks? I've seen this repeated elsewhere and it seems to have originated here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8118120&postcount=686"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32[/ame]

New here... This may have been addressed, but how does BSL get his vehicle to San Jacinto to disposed/burn the vehicle and get back to wherever without assistance? How far from "civilization" was the vehicle found? Did he bike/motorcycle out to wherever? Just wondering.....

IIRC, it's been stated he rented a car. Red Chevy Aveo. The rental Agent from Spring TX came forward.

1. The scratches on the arm and hands came from websleuths. A poster posted this information as their friend was the person to alert LE of Brandon and him whiting out his sex offender register on his drivers license. On the day of the arrests this person got a call from LE thanking them for the tip which helped them.2. The story of the bite mark on the hand I am unaware of where that information originated. However, in the press conference on Friday a reporter asked the chief if this was true which he answered with no comment/ or cannot comment at this time. For this information go and watch the press conference on YouTube or read scribe notes which is on many articles.

Just making people aware that alot of the same information is being asked and repeated. Megsy has put together a very informative timeline of all events if you are unsure you can check details with descriptions on the timeline. For this information go to bottom of page "tags" and press the tag timeline or updated timeline:) cheers

i wonder if that was maybe his way of trying to get around the new "no sex offenders on facebook " law, or has that not passed or not gone into effect yet?

Oddball, we discussed this weeks ago and determined that it is prolly only a political ploy since:

Statement of Rights and Responsibilities - Facebook
www.facebook.com/legal/terms

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&output...f.,cf.osb&fp=ce19979f0aca28f&biw=1024&bih=673

We encourage you to read the Data Use Policy, and to use it to help you make informed ... You will not use Facebook if you are a convicted sex offender..

Report Abuse or Policy Violations ... Once we are able to verify a user's status as a sex offender, we immediately disable their acc.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...fenders-must-identify-themselves-on-facebook/
Starting August 1, a new Louisiana state law will require sex offenders to disclose their status on social networks. But in theory, that shouldn't ...

I was also wondering if BSL inserted himself in the investigation? Was he out there with the search teams?

Is this considered a reliable source?

http://cajunradio.net/details-on-br...sappearance-coming-in-press-conference-today/

"Lavergne was pulled over by Louisiana State Police at the intersection of I-10 and I-49 in Lafayette at around 2:30 p.m. Thursday for a routine traffic stop. There was a warrant out for his arrest, so he was brought in for further questioning. It was revealed that Lavergne had altered his driver’s license to hide his sex offender status."

*I don't think there's any mention of "injuries" to BSL in this article, just the altered dr. lic.

For clarity;

There is a rental agent that came forward here from Spring Tx. They said he rented a red Chevy Aveo. Mods let the post stand as it seemed legit.

We do not know where the car was returned. IIRC

There was also a car salesperson who alerted LE, when RSL tried to buy a truck. This person noticed the white out on license (cuts and bruises?). I got the feeling dealer was in Lafayette, but not sure.

All press and timeline is on the first page.

eta: link posted earlier
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8118120&postcount=686"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32[/ame]

He was incarcerated at C. Paul Phelps Corrections Center in DeQuincey, LA. They have vo-tech facilities on the grounds of the prison. He would not have left the prison for classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member