LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do not think Mickey was left in TX. I think he probably left Mickey the very night/morning he took her. I don't believe he took her to his home, either. He had a serious girlfriend, one never knows when one might pop in etc...or be there the next morning. I think this all happened within 2-3 hours and he went back to his house "finished" with everything, until it came time to get rid of his truck.

I think LE had to treat his home as a potential crime scene and take away anything that might tell them something. If a carpet had a stain, for example, they would cut part of that away, and take computers, any other devices, stained clothing, shoes, etc...but it does not mean that Mickey was there for sure. That is what they are trying to determine, IMO.

I think the truck held all of the evidence and even burned, may still hold enough. But as to Mickey's whereabouts-I think she must be someplace within a 25-mile range of where she was taken. A huge area to search, and hoping that pings, etc. can develop some specific locations to search soon.

http://www.katc.com/pages/katc-live-streams/
I tuned in at 5:05 and either missed or TS hasn't been on yet.

Was the burned vehicle ever shown on television?

TS was on at the very beginning of the newscast. He said something to the effect that it's not looking good because LE thinks she's dead but they're hoping she is. He was kept informed to the point LE told him they were narrowing in on a suspect but he did not know who the suspect was.
After TS, it's reportrd the money donated os going back to the Find MIckey center to print flyers. etc. They want to start up a foundation like Elizabeth Smart has to teach people self-defense and other ways to protect themselves.
There may have been more that I missed.

I have never seen the burned vehicle anywhere either on tv or in a picture on the internet.

Possibly some of Mickey's belongings were in the truck when he set it on fire. Was he adopted at an early age?

I'm in the middle of typing up a transcript of the radio interview corporal mccutie did on kpel. But I've got to feed the four people who call me mom first. Bbiab w the transcript! It's a great interview.

Possibly some of Mickey's belongings were in the truck when he set it on fire. Was he adopted at an early age?

Mrs. Lavergne stated that he was her adopted son from birth.
My name is Cynthia Lavergne. I am the Mother of Brandon Scott Lavergne. ... Brandon Scott Lavergne is my son however, he is an adopted son. I adopted Brandon at birth to give him the family he deserved. I am not saying this to minimize the relationship with my son.. I'm stating this so that no one else has the chance to say or reveal what is rightfully mine to do.

Now let's not get back into "why did she mention he is adopted" talk... PLEASE? I tried to include enough so that we won't have to get into that discussion again.

I'm in the middle of typing up a transcript of the radio interview corporal mccutie did on kpel. But I've got to feed the four people who call me mom first. Bbiab w the transcript! It's a great interview.

Thank you - my audio was painfully jerky. Probably the pathetic internet connection at my apt...

I cannot find it anywhere but I swear I read the truck had been 'stripped' - most thought this was to prove the truck was stolen...or perhaps it was stripped by someone actually robbing the truck where it was left, who knows. But youre right - someone in TX could be walking around with a cell phone or backpack belonging to Mickey. Or it could be burned in the truck. Since LE have the burned truck Im sure we would have heard if something major was in it...but maybe not?

Still looking for the quotes about the state of the truck when it was found - Im thinking that may have been comments and not in the article but I cant even find comments about it now!

I do not remember who or when, but within the last couple of weeks someone posted that they had spotted a pair of light grey jeans in the coulee near the bridge by the Cajun Dome on Souvineer Gate. I don't remember if they had heard back from LE and they were unrelated, or if they called them in and never heard anything. Does anybody else remember that? The "footbridge" is separated from the Souvineer Gate bridge by the sorority/fraternity houses.

I do not remember who or when, but within the last couple of weeks someone posted that they had spotted a pair of light grey jeans in the coulee near the bridge by the Cajun Dome on Souvineer Gate. I don't remember if they had heard back from LE and they were unrelated, or if they called them in and never heard anything. Does anybody else remember that? The "footbridge" is separated from the Souvineer Gate bridge by the sorority/fraternity houses.

I don't remember that.

<modsnip>

I don't remember this but it would be very interesting to hear. If the jeans are important, we'll hear about them at trial.

A lot of car rental places will come pick you up if you have a credit card.

How would he explain to them why he needed a ride? IMO, he ditched the truck and hitch hiked to rent a car and then returned to burn the truck. He would not want to burn the truck before he got a ride because it would draw too much attention from whoever gave him a ride. Somehow, i don't think he would have contacted anyone he knew because they would be able to place him in the area.
Just my opinion though.

I hear what you're saying about BSL needing to keep a secret - but I wish we knew more about how and how closely these guys are connected. We can only wonder how much BSL might have told a confidant...

IF in fact he did call a friend for help/a ride, I can totally see a spouse later tipping off LE.
^^this is total speculation on my part :moo:

I hear what you're saying about BSL needing to keep a secret - but I wish we knew more about how and how closely these guys are connected. We can only wonder how much BSL might have told a confidant...

IF in fact he did call a friend for help/a ride, I can totally see a spouse later tipping off LE.
^^this is total speculation on my part :moo:

With BSL's history, they may have written him off. Don't know about y'all but I have family members I try not to claim and they have never been in prison.

I agree with y'all that hitching or getting the car rental company to pick you up (and not involve anyone else) would be the rational thing to do, but I'm not sure that burning your truck, reporting it stolen and trying to get a carbon copy is a rational thing to do either. KWIM?

<modsnip>

I haven't seen or heard anything like that. Makes me feel kinda sick!

I agree with y'all that hitching or getting the car rental company to pick you up (and not involve anyone else) would be the rational thing to do, but I'm not sure that burning your truck, reporting it stolen and trying to get a carbon copy is a rational thing to do either. KWIM?

The part that piqued my interest is that the family member/friend deactivated their FB overnight. Just coincidence?

I'd delete my account. Who the heck would want to be associated with a like BSL? That said, I'd probably open another account using a nickname or my maiden name or something like that.

The part that piqued my interest is that the family member/friend deactivated their FB overnight. Just coincidence?
It reminds me of another case...when Dara Watson was sadly murdered by her fiance. That happened outside of Charleston. He took her body and SUV to the local national forest, buried her, burned the SUV and hitchhiked back to their house.

http://www.thestate.com/2012/02/18/2158266/police-looking-for-missing-mount.html

What happened with Lavergne is different because the national forest he went to is obviously not local to him, and I really doubt he took Mickey's body with him, but him taking a vehicle to the forest and burning it is similar and shows that doing so and hitchiking back is something that has happened before.

A tad off the beaten path, but if bsl 'paid' to have his car 'stolen' and burned, there are folks who would do that. They wouldn't exactly be law abiding citizens and he would be away from the crime and no need to involve people who would actually report bsl and that information. Seeing the news around the truck would mean someone with a record would not jump into help and open up to the 'assist' the investigation. (unless of course this benifitted them sometime in the future when they are in trouble with the law)

Obviously just speculating here and throwing out some off the beaten path thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne