LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first I have heard of this and don't think it is a fact.

Yeah, I think someone speculated that an adult could be kept in a vehicle if the interior handle was removed, but it has never been reported that was done in this case.

It dawns me on at this point three things:
1. This guy spent time at Central Louisiana State Hospital. For those who are not familiar with this hospital, it houses severely criminally insane folks. I personally visited their forensics unit. which housed at the time probably 20 adult men. I was told by the nurse in charge as I walked throuh the door: Do not lay your keys down. Charles will eat them. While I was visiting one patient put his fist through the door window because another patient had peaked through it and it set the patient off. Hannibal HAS NOTHING on these guys.
2. Someone was paying for all those appeals (4 to 5) when BSL was in prison. Lawyers are not cheap.
3. I first thought that BSL had a female accomplice, and I still believe that. However at this point I believe it is very possible he had a male accomplice also. Someone was funding this behavior and someone else was doing some thinking for him. I say that because there is two different lines of thinking going on here. The first line is whiting out the SO on your driver's license. Not so bright. However, the second line of thinking -- going out of state to buy a truck that was a silverado and not a Z71 so that your friends would think you always drove a Silverado and that was NOT your truck in the video -- now -- that kind of thinking is a different thought process. It is coming from a different mindset. I am sure there is some different contributions here -- I am just not sure where they are coming from. The reason I say this is because the kind of guy who spends time at that particular hospital is the kind of guy who would bump a girl off her bike and kill her, but he is not smart enough to cover his tracks this well by himself.

I also think it is important to find the dates that those houses burned and match them up with the dates someone in that area went missing and was never found. I think he burns to get rid of evidence.

His hospitalization would have taken place before he joined the army. In another post, I said there was (not sure anymore) a boot camp for troubled boys in Pineville. Is it possible that he was sent here instead and it was just a rumor that he was in the mental institution? I cannot see the armed forces admitting a mental patient into their ranks. It's also said he did not graduate from Church Point high school which is what makes me think that this might have been the time he would have ben sent to a boy's boot camp.

BBM
I wondered the same thing. However, according to Megsy's terrific timeline:

1. He ditched the truck somewhere in San Jacinto Co. on or around May 26.
2. On May 26, he reports the truck stolen in Montgomery Co. (about 35 miles away from where he ditched the truck)
3. On May 31, at 9:51 am, he rents a car in Spring, Tx, which is in Harris Co.
(about 20 miles from where he filed the police report, and over 50 miles away from where he ditched the truck)
4. The burned truck was discovered on May 31. We don't know the time of day, or if it was actually burning at the time of discovery.

There was time for him to set fire to the truck after he rented the car. However, he had already reported it stolen 5 days before it was found, and he was on the move and very busy for those 5 days.
IMO

This is true. he would have needed wheels, a driver, or a place to stay during that time.
Thanks for the timeline reminder!

Being committed to a mental institution or having a mental illness does not mean a person is less intelligent. In fact, studies have shown no correlation between mental illness and intelligence.

I have had no luck finding the stolen truck report either.

I searched also. The only thing I can find on Montgomery County website is that police reports are available to the public unless involved in a crime... That ended my search!

In many cities in Texas, you can report a non-violent crime online. You never have to go into a police station or show ID or anything. You can actually request, pay for, and print out a copy of the police report from any computer.

I found the last part of the interview, ".....continue to interview witnesses...." very interesting!

Please don't think I trying to dispute you on anything you are saying. I am new on here so I wouldn't presume to have any better opinion than anyone else without cold hard facts. My thinking, though, is that if she had been hit in front of the station, there would have been witnesses. I may be wrong but wasn't there people at the gas sation? I just think it would be hard, especially at that time of night with so little traffic, for one of them not to notice if that happened in that area. Once again, I'm not arguing against your point. There may be info that I haven't heard or seen as I am still trying to catch up with everything, being new on here and all.

My assumption would be that someone did hear or see something and report it and LE has that information but CAN'T release it as the information will need to be kept quiet and will come out in the trial. Just because we haven't heard about it doesn't mean that the statements aren't there.

Being committed to a mental institution or having a mental illness does not mean a person is less intelligent. In fact, studies have shown no correlation between mental illness and intelligence.

Just saying the army would not want to have someone who might have a meltdown and go postal on them.

Just saying the army would not want to have someone who might have a meltdown and go postal on them.

I am with you there. I was responding to the post you quoted.

I'd be curious to know the date that his house burned down and any unsolved murders that occurred around that same date...

Y'all might want to turn your TVs to HLN (and turn your volume down a few notches) - word is Nancy Grace is featuring Mickey on her show again tonight - starts in about 5 minutes.

Maybe when they searched WB, they found her backpack? Maybe his DNA was on it and they just got the results back?

There was a interview with one of the workers at the center and they said they cross-checked all of the lists of names and did not find him...can't recall if it was a newspaper or a clip...

In the first few days all you needed to do to voulunteer was sign your name on a paper, then get an area to search. Later in the week when Equusearch came and they had moved to the Cajun Dome you had a full page form you had to fill out as well as show your DL. I know from a friend there was at least one guy that left when asked for his DL. I wasn't there so couldn't say what he looked like.

snipped by me
3. I first thought that BSL had a female accomplice, and I still believe that. However at this point I believe it is very possible he had a male accomplice also. Someone was funding this behavior and someone else was doing some thinking for him. I say that because there is two different lines of thinking going on here. The first line is whiting out the SO on your driver's license. Not so bright. However, the second line of thinking -- going out of state to buy a truck that was a silverado and not a Z71 so that your friends would think you always drove a Silverado and that was NOT your truck in the video -- now -- that kind of thinking is a different thought process. It is coming from a different mindset. I am sure there is some different contributions here -- I am just not sure where they are coming from. The reason I say this is because the kind of guy who spends time at that particular hospital is the kind of guy who would bump a girl off her bike and kill her, but he is not smart enough to cover his tracks this well by himself.

BBM: I thought he bought a truck locally?

Wrong truck Nancy!

ETA: And the most current mug shot would have been nice.

ETA (again): There's the greasy forehead mugshot!

Nancy just slammed shut the white out story like it was nothin'.

Cannot believe her sometimes all the time at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member