LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my situation there was no special place. It was all convenience. I think they get smug in that it won't be tied to them, and it most cases it isn't, so it can be wherever is on the way home or to work.

A lot of killers dump bodies close to their homes and it isn't to watch them or get a thrill from it, it's because it was convenient. Almost all ties to the victim is gone once the act is over. Then they are nothing but a piece of trash they need to discard. I mean that literally as in like a candy wrapper they throw out the window.

Again, that's in my situation. I know there are others that do have post attachments to the victims.

BBM

what do you mean by "your situation"?

Bsl was rumored to have dug up old bones and skulls. Dtl was the SK That observed many victims either mourning in the cemetery (spelling?) or he would watch his victims from there into their homes. There was a specific one in the Zachary area.

Not related but bsl has already mimicked dtl in his whiskey bay drop. Jmo.

Thank you. I did not know that about DTL. creeeeeepy!!!

That goes along with my theory that the robbery had to do with hiding the body. It happened around the time the buzzards were seen.

i too was curious about the stolen truck parts, pressure washer, wood tools situation that ultimately ended in fire. but when it happened ACI looked into it and said that it appeared to be unrelated. i wonder if we could get him to elaborate so that we can rule it possibly in or possibly out

Thank you. I did not know that about DTL. creeeeeepy!!!

No problem! I finished reading blood bath (ab dtl) a couple of weeks ago.
Grown up in br my whole life and recently worked in the laffy area for several years. Whiskey bay was always creepy bc of that and bc Pam k's mom was so vocal ab it.

i too was curious about the stolen truck parts, pressure washer, wood tools situation that ultimately ended in fire. but when it happened ACI looked into it and said that it appeared to be unrelated. i wonder if we could get him to elaborate so that we can rule it possibly in or possibly out

I asked him yesterday about it and he said it was very possible.

Yes, prior to his prison term! While he was in high school... The girls remains we're located by a "camp" BSL was seen in the area the girl went missing as well as linked to a car accident the same night and same location.
His friend was in a wheel chair for many years after the accident. It was said his friend (female) knew something of that night and was threatened if she ever said anything he would burn her house down with her family in it.

I think that "threat" came from his prior conviction.
Is there a link to that fire in Branch?

eta: are these rumors? Branch fire? :waitasec:

D*mn, he is one scary dude.

Do you know this female friend who is in a wheel chair? I'm thinking this is her chance to come forward with any and all she knows (and it may help us find Mickey if she has areas she suspects he puts victims), because I think BSL is going away for a LONG time and she'll be safe. In fact, she could help slam his cell door shut at Angola and bring Mickey home.

Yes, there no longer friends

b

I too would like to see it checked again. Even if Mickey was not dumped there, and I seriously doubt that she was, God only knows what else or who else he may have dumped back there. I think at this point we would largely agree he is capable of most anything. JMO

Just a hunch that many of BSL's neighbors saw the buzzard activity and contacted LPD's tip line due to the tremendous amount of awareness in this case.
If the neighbors witnessed this, it would be reasonable to conclude that BSL also noticed them..

Even if he didn't dispose of her remains in the pasture, this coincidence would have caused a focus on him by LE, and uncontrollable paranoia by BSL, imo.

I've been hearing from insiders that say video has been reviewed and she is shown riding farther down St.Landry.. and the most recent press conference seemed to call our attention to that area.. I'm sticking with my unpopular idea that both Mickey and the bike are in the picture with the Z71. I continue to see light from the gas station coming through the window of a driver-less drivers side door. I think I see a hooded person with sunglasses looking out the passenger side. I also think I see the reflection of the road sign in the 2nd passenger window. We seem to be right about the tool box on the wheel well, and it's usefulness to a mechanic.

I might be changing my mind about who the person is that I think I see under the roadwork sign. Right now I'm considering that it might be perps girlfriend, and Mickey may be under the truck after all. That is to say, one impression I get from the Z71 still is a woman cradling an injured woman, perhaps fatally injured. On or around this night Brandon's girlfriends' family was getting involved in their relationship. I'm wondering if Brandon drank, and if he drank when conflicts arose.

I'm seeing a couple of different personalities in Brandon Scott Lavergne
One is a loner who was relentlessly teased in junior high and high school, according to a neighbor/fellow student (The Advertiser), who claimed he was involved in consensual sex. Obviously the victim did not agree , and he went on to serve his time, while learning to be a mechanic. And I'm thinking, is this just someone who didn't fit in, and repaid his debt to society, just to keep not fitting in? Or is this someone who has a more wicked past than has yet been revealed? He may have been upset on the early morning of May 19th and spinning his wheels, or he may have been stalking. My problem with the stalking angle is that he seems to stay out of trouble for many years. The burned houses he's associated with have yet to provide any links to crimes.

If he avoided the light on University, taking either side street to get onto University with a quick right or left onto Saint Landry, that says 'intent' to me. The first press conference Officer Moulton says the Z71 'turned onto Saint Landry, directly behind Mickey'. If it was a right turn (having gone right on Convent, left on University, right on St.Landry) and he was going to fast, he could have clipped the back of the bike before he even noticed it. He'd have a better view taking a left on Hamilton Place, right on University, left on St. Landry.

I'm not convinced Brandon Laverngne traveled alone on the morning of May 19th, and I'm not convinced we are not seeing 3 people in the Z71 image.
1) In the front passenger window
2) Under the road sign and
3) Under the truck (as far as point of view), as legs bent backwards.

I think I see a woman comforting an injured woman. I've been told otherwise many times by insiders, but we've come this far down the line and it appears to be a fact the z71 hit the bike. I think he may have been stalking, but it may have been an accident that he (in my opinion) ran over Mickey and her bike right in front of the consolidated government building. I reserve the right to change my opinion at any time. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/moo.gif

And damn this is depressing. Wow.

Yes, prior to his prison term! While he was in high school... The girls remains we're located by a "camp" BSL was seen in the area the girl went missing as well as linked to a car accident the same night and same location.
His friend was in a wheel chair for many years after the accident. It was said his friend (female) knew something of that night and was threatened if she ever said anything he would burn her house down with her family in it.

Do you remember if this girl had been sexually assaulted? (the deceased girl) I hope a local reporter will look into this. I wonder if his friend would feel comfortable talking about it "off the record". I would also like to know the date of the fire at his parents' house, and if any women went missing shortly before.

Once again, that definition:

pareidolia: a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random
stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant.

Wiki

Don't leave, aussie_girl88! I enjoy reading your posts and we need you to stay and help find Mickey.

Did you PM a moderator to find out what happened to your post? Please ask them before you decide to leave.

...but where does this rumor come from concerning BSL? I've not seen that any place but here.

i definitely did read about the Acadia bones in one of the news articles. all it said was something about him being a suspect to them, but they couldn't pin in on him

the bodies in the fire so far i have not seen in news, but i have heard it a couple of places

i just saw this in the news. i doubt it's related, but shoot, you never know with this guy

http://www.crowleypostsignal.com/vi...ichard?instance=secondary_stories_left_column

i definitely did read about the Acadia bones in one of the news articles. all it said was something about him being a suspect to them, but they couldn't pin in on him

the bodies in the fire so far i have not seen in news, but i have heard it a couple of places

i just saw this in the news. i doubt it's related, but shoot, you never know with this guy

http://www.crowleypostsignal.com/vi...ichard?instance=secondary_stories_left_column

WOW! In Richard, of all places?
And you're right, probably not related to Mickey. Although I am not sure I put anything past BSL.

bbm Laffy that threat came from his prior conviction iirc.........

Is there a link to the Branch fire?
Thanks

http://www.wbrz.com/news/retired-detective-profiles-shunick-suspect-weeks-before-arrest

Retired detective profiles Shunick suspect weeks before arrest

BATON ROUGE - News 2 first interviewed retired Baton Rouge Police Detective Major Dennis Kelley about 22-year-old Mickey Shunick's disappearance on May 28, 2012.

He was aware of the search of Whiskey Bay and the vehicle descriptions released by Lafayette Police.

At the time, Kelley said Lafayette Police will probably be looking for, "a white male, around 30 years old, he has a job, might be offshore, he's a night person, probably lives alone, he's a bragger. Obviously the perpetrator has plenty of mobility, and he probably wears boots."

Thanks guys it was yesterday evening my time and would've been at 4 am your time. It stayed up for about 1-2 hours then was deleted. The only piece of information I added was his fathers name (after researching) I came up with everything we know about bsl all the information on hos previous crimes etc. also put information on what people said he was like, his past and what people had been saying crimes he may of committed eg arson, other murders and stated that it was speculation and hadn't been verified. I posted the question asking why it was deleted and checking that this morning it wasn't answered but there was a post which may have been directed towards myself. And funny the post asking why was also deleted as well. I only joined WS for ms case and I don't know how to email a mod that is why I posted the question. I can understand if they deleted the fathers name because as I'm aware that isn't out there ATM. I put alot of time actually a few hours into that post, and as I understand we can only do ms timeline now I am unsure of why this is, seeming the rules state we can sleuth the person arrested! I don't want to leave but this scenario left me frustrated and this is not how I want to feel, it isn't who I am and I am not going to let a Internet forum make me feel this way. Like the rest of you I have taken away from my own life, I jeopardize my exams for this because I rather be here and try to help did Mickey rather than worry about my own career. I respect every single one of you. You are the kind of people that will help change this evil world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx