LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They couldn't have issued a gag order until after seeing the video and ID'ing running man. I'm saying if running man had seen something to talk about, he'd have been talking about the very next day...long before the video was released.

Good point, I guess I just wanted there to be witnesses! He can't get away with this!

The family member stated they knew about his RSO status as they were concerned about her kids. This was BEFORE Mickey was kidnapped.

I don't think his girlfriends family knew about him being an RSO at the time Mickey was abducted. I believe they found out about his RSO status around the 25th and 26th, nearly a week later. Her family member started a thread about it on the afternoon of the 26th, and it seemed like they had just found out that he was a sex offender.

On the 26th Mickey's bike is found at Whiskey Bay
On the 26th Brandon Lavergne reports his truck stolen
On the 26th LE releases photographs of the white trucks
On the 26th this guy on Tigerdroppings starts a thread about this RSO since then he has deleted everything on that forum why?

bbm: I think there's been a kind of trade-off; what we have gained in speed of access, we have lost in accuracy, IMO. (And: not good.)

Yep... With today's technology, news is now delivered literally as it happens, and its become more of a race to be the "1st to break it to ya," with fact checking and grammar an afterthought....

I don't know if that was Brandons truck going the other way. I became so confused with DTWs and finding Waldo in them I finally quit looking at the trucks!

Before I was done I saw Mickey laying on the grass by the truck with someone leaning over her, a bike under the truck, a cartoon chipmunk in the backseat, a huge mans face in the back of the truck and Jesus in the wheel. I finally started questioning my sanity! Especially because when I looked at the normal views of the pics I didn't see any of these things!

On the truck: From the transcript Megsy typed up, I am going to say:
I think, no.

Cpl. Mouton:"If you remember correctly I believe we had three to four vehicles of interest that were in the immediate area that we were very interested in. And we eliminated three – "

Three Eliminated: Hoopty, University DWT, St. Landry Opposite Direction DWT.
Leaving: Z71 DWT belonging to BSL

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8131527#post8131527"]LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 * Timeline & Media Links ONLY * - Page 3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

On the 26th Mickey's bike is found at Whiskey Bay
On the 26th Brandon Lavergne reports his truck stolen
On the 26th LE releases photographs of the white trucks
On the 26th this guy on Tigerdroppings starts a thread about this RSO since then he has deleted everything on that forum why?

I think the fact that the thread started on tigerdoppings that same date was a coinky-dink.

That guy who started the thread was known already as a member there. It would be just like a member here, who had been posting for awhile, would maybe start a personal thread seeking advice for a family issue.

The thread had NOTHING to do with Mickey's case at all, at first. It was only about this guy and his family being really upset, because a young woman with 2 young kids was wanting to marry a sex offender. So this guy posted the picture of Brandon and his RSO listing, and said " What can we do to keep my sister in law from marrying this creep?"

People began giving good advice, like call his PO, call the DA, call LE, etc.

Then at some point, the guy realized that the boyfriend drove a truck like the one that LE was looking for in that case. He stopped posting in that thread and it died out. Nobody was responding or bumping it up.

But behind the scenes, the family of the girlfriend was calling in tips about the truck and the boyfriend. So about a week before the arrest, the guy said everything was about to break and there was going to be an arrest in the Mickey case. People called him out, made fun of him, but turns out he was right. But he also had a 'gag' order after that and so he deleted everything he had posted earlier.

It took me all night to make this, and now everyone's gone to bed! :banghead:

I worked up a map that shows the approximate locations where BSL burned his truck, reported it stolen, and rented a car.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=...d=202107962990138163229.0004c472a40b635aaea20
:star1::thumb: :star1: Did you post it in the search thread?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178155"]LA LA - Mickey Shunick Search *Brainstorming Thread* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

A question for the locals if you don't mind. I read through the threads daily. I believe it was the last thread, and I am now having a hard time finding the post to quote, a local poster mentioned that the area LE seems to think she may have been taken has shells all over the ground and could have been the reason for the gash in his neck.

I know the exact location is in question, however, it would be interesting to know. If so, coupled with the injury I would think that would help narrow down the spot of the accident/kidnapping.

Thanks!

Kelly

There are no oyster shells in that area.

-kelley

Been following multiple missing persons cases for some time now; first time posting.

I haven't noticed anything in recent threads wondering if BSL is also connected to the Lauren Spierer case. I know "authorities" said that the cases weren't linked a little while back, before they had a suspect. And they said the white truck wasn't one and the same. But what if it was? Or what if BSL had purchased the same type of truck more than once? I just never really got over the odds...white four-door truck being pictured in the surveillance videos for both of these young blonde woman who went missing in the wee hours of the AM. After reading the article in the Advocate (http://theadvocate.com/home/3290776-125/neighbors-shocked-by-arrest-mom) which says that the home that BSL lived in burned down about a year ago, it raised suspicions in my mind once again that there is a connection between these two cases. Lauren disappeared 6/3/11. So maybe BSL's house burned down because he was burning evidence linking him to Lauren!

As a side note, it sickens me that he filed a petition to fight the requirement that he register as a sex offender. Seeing as he did it May 31st, he probably thought getting off that list would keep him from the suspect pool. At any rate, I just pray that they find enough evidence to convict him of his crimes against Mickey and that he never sees the outside of a prison to offend again.

-kelley

Been following multiple missing persons cases for some time now; first time posting.

I haven't noticed anything in recent threads wondering if BSL is also connected to the Lauren Spierer case. I know "authorities" said that the cases weren't linked a little while back, before they had a suspect. And they said the white truck wasn't one and the same. But what if it was? Or what if BSL had purchased the same type of truck more than once? I just never really got over the odds...white four-door truck being pictured in the surveillance videos for both of these young blonde woman who went missing in the wee hours of the AM. After reading the article in the Advocate (http://theadvocate.com/home/3290776-125/neighbors-shocked-by-arrest-mom) which says that the home that BSL lived in burned down about a year ago, it raised suspicions in my mind once again that there is a connection between these two cases. Lauren disappeared 6/3/11. So maybe BSL's house burned down because he was burning evidence linking him to Lauren!

As a side note, it sickens me that he filed a petition to fight the requirement that he register as a sex offender. Seeing as he did it May 31st, he probably thought getting off that list would keep him from the suspect pool. At any rate, I just pray that they find enough evidence to convict him of his crimes against Mickey and that he never sees the outside of a prison to offend again.

It did cross my mind enough to try and see if his employer had offices or were associated there as well as look for any fb friends or relatives from there and didn't find a connection. Yet.

-LE was curious where there were oyster shells on the ground?

Oops. Nevermind..found the post.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8123941&postcount=858"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33[/ame]

Yes?

There are lots of oyster shells where I thought her diverted route/abduction was if not in front of circle k. The corner of St. Julien and Johnston. Behind the krooked nickel. Back by railroad ties in the parking lot next to the Mobil Station. I was hoping cameras from both businesses were checked too but never heard anything. I also hoped that old OLOL hospital and grounds were re-searched.

My first post, having followed from the onset. Why have the insurance companies not gotten wise to this guy who seems to have possessions torched. His parent's house, his former trailer and now his "stolen" truck ?
He is bound to have a record associating him with these fires. Are they not on to him yet ?? Seems he would have been charged with arson by now. Also i would investigate the tool shop fire to see where he was when this fire happened. He seems to be a criminal on several fronts but seems to stay under the radar. I haved enjoyed reading ws. My only negative is people od-ing a subject, such as the pix, streets, time lapses. Just when you think nothing else could possibly be said, it starts all over again. With all the intelligence on this sight, i would expect new theories & opinions to thrive, keeping this most interesting. Rather than the turn off of beating the same subjects to death day in and day out. I can understand people flatlining and needing to take a break because of bordem. Hope i don't seem too critical but it takes time to read thru the threads and it is a waste to keep reading the same discussions. Hope this criticism is taken as constructive and not being mean. Thanks.

I think this is why things get out of hand sometimes when a poster can't take no for an answer on an old subject. Beyond frustrating!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

One thing I will say about that photo, it gives me the creeps how deserted the streets look at that time in that area. When this case first started, a lot of locals said it was very common for students to ride alone at that hour of the morning, and it was pretty safe because of all the other traffic.

But from some of the pix we have seen, much of her route was very deserted at that time. I suppose if she had just been riding close to the campus, it would have been relatively safe. But this street looks very deserted and creepy. [ And that is a street sign--I remember that ol discussion way back upthread.]

I know! I think it's so creepy it was posted on here that mickey was warned by a hospital security guard not to ride alone at night there. Do we know where we got that info from?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member