LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
why did he spend time in a mental institution in Central LA? is that true? also, where is this hospital?

Excellent post here! RSOs make and model of motor vehicle they drive and license plates are available online for all to see, makes it easy for them to be a target.

BUT if you look at BSL's registration, the plate number for his white truck is not listed. I wonder if/when that information was removed...

Okay, unless I am terribly mistaken, it was supposed him that had the bite mark on his hand, alledgedly, not that Mickey had his bite marks on her...so unless he bit himself, I would assume that the bite mark on his hand came from Mickey, so see no reason why he would need to change his bite. I do agree it could be to change his appearance, but I find that highly doubtful as well. JMO

I had a blonde moment. LOL

Pressure washers are what the crack addicts were after; the other business that almost burned that night was a pressure washer business. Mobile homes have concrete slabs which are an excellent reason to use a pressure washer. Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when one finds a trout in the milk. Or in this case a very bloody murder that had to be cleaned up by two people apparently.

I am not understanding what you are trying to say here at all. Please elaborate.

Are you now saying it was not BSL after the pressure washers and it was crack addicts? Or you think BSL got the pressure washers from crack addicts in Lafayette 18 days after the crime to clean the cement slab at his home in Lawtell ? Or burned the place himself or with an accomplice and stole them?

Why would they drive 30 miles to Lafayette to do this when there are places in Opelousas 7 miles away or Eunice, 14 miles away where he could have gotten one?

This is a link to the business that had the fire. It is located on University Ave and Taft St.

http://www.mlmurphydesign.com/

Here are three links regarding the fires that evening and the first one speaks specifically about the pressure washers.

http://www.katc.com/news/tool-shop-in-lafayette-burglarized-and-burned/

http://kpel965.com/lafayette-storage-facility-suffers-heavy-fire-damage-vandalism-suspected/

http://www.klfy.com/story/18721266/three-fires-over-night

I can't find anything about a pressure washing business. Maybe you can find a link for it. Thanks!

BUT if you look at BSL's registration, the plate number for his white truck is not listed. I wonder if/when that information was removed...

BSL's first white chevy truck did show up on the RSO site with a lic plate number - I personally saw it there the day he was arrested. Must have been removed during this past week. I am assuming that since his second truck was recently purchased, he may still have a temporary tag and the permanent lic plate had not yet been received. Just my guess - it can take up to 6 weeks for a new tag in LA to be mailed to the owner (personal experience).

Yet BSL had a facebook page.. Seems BSL would have been in violation due to omitting the G. from his last name. Wonder how many of his FB friends knew of his RSO status?

www.facebook.com/help/?faq=210081519032737
Convicted sex offenders are prohibited from using Facebook. Once we are able to verify a user's status as a sex offender, we immediately disable their acc.

http://www.pt-news.org/facebook-inc-fb-privacy-laws-and-cyber-predators/125954/
Louisiana has recently adopted a new law which would require convicted sex offenders to disclose their criminal status on Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) and other social networks before they can sign up.

I'll need to dig up the actual law to which the pt-news story is referring... As per the Louisiana State Police's site (same one I shared earlier),

LA 14:91.5. UNLAWFUL USE OR ACCESS OF SOCIAL MEDIA

The following shall constitute unlawful use or access of social media:

The using or accessing of social networking websites, chat rooms, and peer-to-peer networks by a person who is required to register as a sex offender and who was previously convicted of R.S. 14:81 (indecent behavior with juveniles), R.S.14:81.1 (*advertiser censored* involving juveniles), R.S. 14:81.3 (computer-aided solicitation of a minor), or R.S. 14:283 (video voyeurism) or was previously convicted of a sex offense as defined in R.S. 15:541 in which the victim of the sex offense was a minor.

If this is the law as it currently stands, the state of Louisiana does not prohibit him from using social media because his offense is not one of the four listed.

HOWEVER, you're correct - he was in violation of Facebook's TOS. Shame on him for trying to be sneaky... but then again we know from his multiple appeal attempts (and his upcoming hearing in August to remove his RSO stigma) he didn't feel he was really a sex offender anyway. That's pretty stubborn cocky thinking if you ask me.

Plus having a wife/girlfriend who does you laundry, cleans your house, makes your meals, cleans up the kitchen, etc. gives you plenty of extra time for your stalking adventures.

:what:

UHM....the only females that I know who do this are like over seventy!

I have often wondered if it was the same BL as well since it seems to be such a common name. And it makes no sense why he would burn his turn on the 31st, you'd think he'd want to file a stolen truck report and burn his truck as soon as possible to MS's disappearance so he could say well it wasn't me, I told ya it was stolen! Maybe the 31st was just the day it was found and it just happened to be another BL that just happened to rent a car near by?? Especially since he kept the car for so long, when he obviously didn't need to with all the other vehicles he has (if they are running). Who knows?? Maybe the poster can post for sure saying if his drivers license and address is also listed with the rented car info to be certain that it is the correct BL and not just the name?

It was said to have been returned to agency in Lafayette, LA. I don't think others would return the rent car to Lafayette if from other areas.

Excellent post here! RSOs make and model of motor vehicle they drive and license plates are available online for all to see, makes it easy for them to be a target.

Just like children are easy targets for them. :maddening:

Another something to share...

Sample RSO drivers license and mandatory ID card:
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

The white-out would only be in the very bottom right corner of his license. Yeah, it's an inch wide, but it might be low enough so that it would be concealed by the border of the clear window of his wallet.

I'd like to see this RSO indicator moved to somewhere more centrally located on the license, and printed over the holographic LA image.

justwannahelp-

I wrote a long post about BSL and Central State hospital yesterday and asked some questions of Aviatrix who stated he was there but I have received no response. Here's a ling to my post.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8132227#post8132227"]LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34 - Page 40 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

WOW! That is definately visible on there!

Thanks! I hadn't seen one before.

Ah, sorry - for some reason I remembered her being 18 ...?

Sex Offenses Against Minors
Offenses against minors are defined as criminal offenses against a victim who is a minor when the victim is under the age of 18 and the person is not the parent of the victim. A person convicted of one of the following offenses when the victim is a minor and not the child of the offender is a Child Predator.

I'm looking at the report and don't see her age listed. I guess I assumed b/c she lived with her mother and all the talk about her mother that she was under 18 but that might not necessarily be the case.

this is the 4th time i've asked this question and i still don't think anyone has answered me. i apologize for asking again if y'all have and i overlooked the answer. are the 2 trucks in front of circle K both brandon's truck?

They are not the same truck. Although it is confusing because they look very similar. The one in front of Circle K in which you can see all four doors is NOT BSL's truck. That is also the truck that is in the picture where people thought they saw Mickey but in reality were looking at a School Xing sign.

The one where the sign is partially obscuring the cab area IS BSLs truck. Apparently, it is not four doors but extended cab. At least, that is what I've gathered from the news/info that I have read.

IIRC, the white truck they showed in Laura's case, was not at all similar to his big extended cab silverado. The one they showed in LS's case was smaller and very different looking, and they found the driver, who stepped forward because he was coming home from a work shift in the area, and he had an alibi that proved that.

Actually, LE did say that they thought the truck in LAUREN's case was a Silverado or Colorado. Also, the driver that they interviewed said he was in the area picking up an employee and his story seemed legit so he was cleared. But just because someone is cleared in one moment doesn't mean they won't end up a suspect again later. So, I was wondering if it might be possible that BSL was the one cleared in Lauren's case. But I guess we would've heard by now if LE had interviewed BSL in Lauren's case. (Obv. long before he became a suspect in Mickey's case.) My guess is that it wouldn't be too difficult to say, "I wasn't doing anything wrong," and have the cops take your word for it because they don't have any evidence to the contrary.

I also wondered if it was possible that the truck owner that LE interviewed in Lauren's case was the driver of a similar truck but not the truck in the surveillance video. But again, LE have access to video where we only get to see blurry screen shots so I'm sure they have much more detailed accounts than we do.

Since BSL purchased another white Chevy truck after burning the one he had Mickey in, I thought it might be possible that he had done a similar thing previously. At first I thought it would be incredibly stupid to purchase the same type of vehicle after going through such lengths to rid yourself of the other one. But the more I thought about it the more I started to think that he probably thought that even if he was questioned because of (new) vehicle, there wouldn't be any sort of evidence in it and he probably thought that would completely clear him from any suspect lists. Dunno. JMO.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the white truck and that is not why I am bringing it up.

I am wondering about the two people that I assume are men at the station. You can see that the one with the white shirt is pumping gas. He is there in the photo of Mickey riding past and still pumping when Brandon drives by. In the third photo the white shirt guy appears to be walking at a fast pace, cannot be confirmed of course. And there is another guy that appears behind the car. I cannot determine which way he is going. May be standing still.

I question why the man in the white shirt would be going into the station after he pumps gas. I guess there could be many reasons. And then where would this other guy come from. Usually the person that pumps gas is the driver. Yet this guy appears to be heading to or from the drivers side.

Actually, LE did say that they thought the truck in LAUREN's case was a Silverado or Colorado. Also, the driver that they interviewed said he was in the area picking up an employee and his story seemed legit so he was cleared. But just because someone is cleared in one moment doesn't mean they won't end up a suspect again later. So, I was wondering if it might be possible that BSL was the one cleared in Lauren's case. But I guess we would've heard by now if LE had interviewed BSL in Lauren's case. (Obv. long before he became a suspect in Mickey's case.) My guess is that it wouldn't be too difficult to say, "I wasn't doing anything wrong," and have the cops take your word for it because they don't have any evidence to the contrary.

I also wondered if it was possible that the truck owner that LE interviewed in Lauren's case was the driver of a similar truck but not the truck in the surveillance video. But again, LE have access to video where we only get to see blurry screen shots so I'm sure they have much more detailed accounts than we do.

Since BSL purchased another white Chevy truck after burning the one he had Mickey in, I thought it might be possible that he had done a similar thing previously. At first I thought it would be incredibly stupid to purchase the same type of vehicle after going through such lengths to rid yourself of the other one. But the more I thought about it the more I started to think that he probably thought that even if he was questioned because of (new) vehicle, there wouldn't be any sort of evidence in it and he probably thought that would completely clear him from any suspect lists. Dunno. JMO.

I am no expert in Lauren's case but I am quite certain many feel that someone 'cleared' is responsible. All speculation but I think it is the person that drives that truck. They had an alibi but is still on the radar of those close. Just speculation on what I have heard. In interviews they always seem to be upset that some individuals didn't come forward with information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth