LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere here there is a picture of BSL wearing a blue shirt and smiling. It is also on his mothers FB page dated Oct. 2010. If you enlarge the picture you can see he has clear braces on the sides of his teeth, not directly on the front.
photo.php

Just because she stated he has braces now does NOT mean he got them in the last few weeks. Getting braces usually involves several trips to the dentist. The hairdresser did say she'd only cut his hair about 5 times in 3 years. It may have been 6 months or more since the last time she saw him and she cut his hair. Or longer.

I'm way back in the thread still, but just had another thought on the braces and want to post before I forget -- so sorry if this lands in a weird spot or has already been discussed:

Someone earlier posted several pictures from BSL's school days -- in them, he is non-smiling or smiling a very small, close-mouthed smile. To me, looks like he may be hiding a dental problem -- maybe a severe, as-yet-untreated malocclusion ... or maybe he already was being treated for such with braces at the time. (Could something like this be part of the source for the severe teasing/bullying some have reported he underwent in school?)

In this scenario, possibly at some point, he had his bite corrected with braces, but, as so many don't, didn't wear a retainer (especially likely considering his prison time) and his teeth began to shift again. Then later, with a good-paying job, probably good insurance, and the availability of the much-less-conspicuous "clear" braces of today, he may have decided to undergo treatment again to correct the shift, lest it become severe again.

right. it's jagged both as a line and depth wise, like a struggled gash - not straight and varying depth.

when do they make these notes of scars on the RSO sites? when would the last note of scars have Abeen made?

I believe with a neck gash like bsl has that (hopefully :great: from Mickey getting weapon from him) he sought some medical attention away from Lafayette.
Possibly continuing farther east after he dumped Mickeys bike at WB.

My continued prayers for Mickeys return to her family. :angel: may God Bless them all.

Bringing this over from the last thread:

I think the cemetery angle could be very important (given what locals have said about BSL digging up old cemetery plots & for example, DTL's known fondness of watching women at cemeteries & even abducting one victim while she was visiting her mom's grave in Scott).

Maybe not THAT cemetery by the Saints Streets (I'm just assuming it was searched & I think it is frequented by a lot of people who would have noticed something), but maybe rural ones around Church Point....
OK I think and I wana stress the word think that the graves that he was caught vandalizing were in a cemetery in branch Louisiana called bee tah boy.......I do not have any idea how that is spelled but I think its French or something and is pronounced bee tah boy....I will look up to see if I can spell it correctly.

I might have missed something, but if he went to Texas to dump his truck and burn it, did he go and come right back cause from may 26-may 31 is almost a week. His girlfriend must have suspected or even if not, where was he staying during that time? Hotel? Friend in Texas? If it was a hotel that he was staying in, surely there would be no evidence left by this point due to other occupants since him staying in assumed hotel room. I'm dying to know what he was truly doing from may 26 - may 31.

I'd like to know if he has any family or friends in Texas.

Interesting new article about BSL
Even tells the name of his ex-wife, and more details about their marriage

http://www.dailyworld.com/article/2...avergne-go-before-grand-jury?odyssey=nav|head

"hit her on the head with his fists" several times and tried to smother her on Dec. 24, 1999, causing her to seek emergency care at Fort Polk Hospital"

:tyou: I also found it interesting.

"Lavergne's defense team, including Lejeune and Burleigh Doga, met with prosecutors Monday and discussed the possibility of moving for a change of venue if a trial is held, Lejeune said. The quandary is, with so much local, state and national media attention, there are few places the trial could be relocated where the potential jury pool has not heard of the case, he said."

"Publicity also is a concern for Harson, who said in an e-mail Tuesday to The Daily Advertiser that plans for a rally or gathering July 18 at the courthouse "may end up being evidence used by the defense in their attempt to get a change of venue which I believe nobody wants. Perhaps a quiet vigil at a location away from the courthouse would be more appropriate."

Cheryl Perret and Margaret Bearb, volunteer coordinators with the Mickey Shunick effort, had not heard about plans for a rally as of Tuesday afternoon."

I believe with a neck gash like bsl has that (hopefully :great: from Mickey getting weapon from him) he sought some medical attention away from Lafayette.
Possibly continuing farther east after he dumped Mickeys bike at WB.

My continued prayers for Mickeys return to her family. :angel: may God Bless them all.
-----------------
My post #1420, from yesterday:

JMO - I think he was the one who had the knife, and Mickey turned it on him, wounding him. Any way that LE can derive how fresh that wound is?

The previous victim said that something sharp was pressed into her side.

Bringing this over from the last thread:

I think the cemetery angle could be very important (given what locals have said about BSL digging up old cemetery plots & for example, DTL's known fondness of watching women at cemeteries & even abducting one victim while she was visiting her mom's grave in Scott).

Maybe not THAT cemetery by the Saints Streets (I'm just assuming it was searched & I think it is frequented by a lot of people who would have noticed something), but maybe rural ones around Church Point....

WTF? He was a freaking grave robber?! Where's the link on that and on abducting a woman from a cemetery?

Interesting new article about BSL
Even tells the name of his ex-wife, and more details about their marriage

http://www.dailyworld.com/article/2...avergne-go-before-grand-jury?odyssey=nav|head

"hit her on the head with his fists" several times and tried to smother her on Dec. 24, 1999, causing her to seek emergency care at Fort Polk Hospital"

On page 5 it says he sought visitation with his daughter, after he got out of prison. Unreal. He sought to get his RSO status removed and he made several appeals of his conviction while stewing in the joint. The man is relentless. Do not expect a confession or a plea in exchange for Mickey's location.

Did Mickey go by the cemetary on her bike route..maybe thats where he was sitting in his truck and first noticed her?

I'd be very surprised if a cemetery in the middle of Lafayette has anything to do with anything. Brandon lavergne lives in the boonies. The middle of nowhere to the point that they have to borrow a name of a nearby town to give him an address. Whiskey bay is actually less secluded than where he lives IMO.

WTF? He was a freaking grave robber?! Where's the link on that and on abducting a woman from a cemetery?

I think there have been some (unconfirmed) rumors about cemetery vandalism by BSL.

The reference to abducting a woman from a cemetery, though, is speaking of serial killer Derrick Todd Lee.

No no no. Slow down dtl abducted a woman from a cemetery.....bsl. vandalized graves a long time ago according to rumor but if the RUMOR is true there would be no links because he was a minor to the best of my knowledge. To the best of my knowledge he would not be the first or the last to desecrate graves at the cemetery that they are talking about. The graveyard is a graveyard for slaves and there is lots of legends and ghost stories and its been visited by vandals a whole lot. Imo

I just really thought that there would be significant change in how these cases and investigations are handled since the murder of the beautiful person, Ms. Dru Sjodin, in 2003!

I was very much involved in trying to find her (online crime forum).

Dru just radiated sunshine, much the same as Mickey, much the same...

Maybe Mickey is still alive. We don't know yet. Odds are in the favor that she is not alive, but, I find that people who vehemently demand you think she's dead, might be trying to derail the search for her.

It sounds to me and I'm only speculating here that he needed a trigger to get him going on his crimes with woman. So maybe he makes dates with woman, hoping they either shun him, break up with him, or put him down, something like that triggers him. I'm wondering right before MS was snatched, what went on with the GF and Him? I bet there is a big trigger there.

I will risk a t.o. to talk about a fb page (NOT LINK IT) he has an ex from a good while back that has a previous little girl with CURLY BLONDE HAIR JUST LIKE MICKEY IMO.....and if you ask me to link it I definately will not!

I just really thought that there would be significant change in how these cases and investigations are handled since the murder of the beautiful person, Ms. Dru Sjodin, in 2003!

I was very much involved in trying to find her (online crime forum).

Dru just radiated sunshine, much the same as Mickey, much the same...

Maybe Mickey is still alive. We don't know yet. Odds are in the favor that she is not alive, but, I find that people who vehemently demand you think she's dead, might be trying to derail the search for her.

Well, it's the state that brought the murder charge and have indicated they have something to make them believe she was killed. Why would they want to derail a search if they thought she could be found alive?

This guy is a piece of work isn't he? My Lord what an evil guy. The more I learn the more I bet he killed many women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3