LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to say, I don't want to put the cart before the horse. Plenty of time to do that for trial. Why at this point is very low and subsidiary on my list to finding out:

Where is Mickey?

And yeah, where is Mickey, living or not where is she?

Those who believe she's still alive want to know where she is......and if they are wrong we all want to know where she is so that we can sure put the person who ended her life to justice.

The RSO site says he was verified on May 28, 2012. I suspect that they ask him if there were any changes address, vehicle, etc., including changes to his physical status (scars, tats). Braces aren't listed either (if that's accurate). They may have trusted his response without doing any body search. Be nice to find out what's what on this verification process.

Thats what I'm thinking. I think those scars are probably what he had when he left prison and since they have not been thorough. I don't think they body search RSO on verification visits

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Thats what I'm thinking. I think those scars are probably what he had when he left prison and since they have not been thorough. I don't think they body search RSO on verification visits

I personally think that his warrant for rso violation and arrest had a whole lot to do with his new truck not being registered with the rso people....like his new lisense plate number or reporting that he got a new truck......then all the stuff popped up about the burned truck and it had been reported stolen etc.

Just speculating.

Tier III Offenses (Level 2 Sex Offender) is the most serious designated sex offender. It includes those convicted of violent and non-violent acts, with minors or adults. Tier III offenses require being registered on the Sexual Offender Registry for the duration of the offender’s lifetime, with verification of the information on a quarterly basis.

http://www.sexcrimecriminaldefense.com/registered-sex-offender/

Wow in this article it says in canada only LE can see who are RSO!!

I personally think that his warrant for rso violation and arrest had a whole lot to do with his new truck not being registered with the rso people....like his new lisense plate number or reporting that he got a new truck......then all the stuff popped up about the burned truck and it had been reported stolen etc.

I dont think his RSO violation had anything to do with the scars. I think it was definitely the white our on the drivers license, and the new truck not being registered is definitely also possible. I was just stating I think whoever conducts RSO verification isn't as thorough as we think they are

[Editor's Note: This story has been altered to reflect that Bourriague says she is uncertain what type of cut was on Lavergne's neck, saying only that it could have been made by a knife.]

And lemme tell you, in a past life I was a hairdresser and I only passed out my phone number to clients that had big gashes in their necks like they had been in knife fights and in that past life when they got arrested I liked to talk about how they all wanted me and flirted with me......in my past life.....as a hairdresser......when neck knife wounds didn't raise any red flags at all......no you may not have my phone number! You got a big neck knife wound? Oh...OK....yeah....now I can give it to you.......here ya goooo!
You know....just to be on the "safe" side.....gotta set my standards high!!!
Lolololololololol

Do Sex Offenders in all US states have it stamped on their license? Just curious.

No. I looked it up and posted on it previously. LA, delaware, florida, and I believe the last one was ohio if I'm not remembering wrong. They are the only ones!

The RSO site says he was verified on May 28, 2012. I suspect that they ask him if there were any changes address, vehicle, etc., including changes to his physical status (scars, tats). Braces aren't listed either (if that's accurate). They may have trusted his response without doing any body search. Be nice to find out what's what on this verification process.

Do we know what the procedure is for 'verifying' or checking in? Could he have done it over the telephone as opposed to in person?

TIA

Kelly

how about punched out through and through the actual card? Hey you know what?.....kids and women who the rso might victimized are not going to check anyone's lisense before being victimized.......so I don't see any difference if the lisense says it at all IMO. Unless it is tattooed on the mfers forehead it doesn't make any difference IMO...
..sorry for the shark but seriously...

You have to show your license to potential employers, etc. and to LE. Also at bars, I would think bouncers and bartenders would keepa closer eye on you and tell any last you try to talk to for an extended period of time. so it does matter. But I definitely understand what you are saying!

----------------------

I find this interesting from a "rehabilitation" viewpoint.

From what I understand, he had a good job, one where he was paid well.

Maybe instead of that being a positive stabilizing factor providing for reintegration into society, and preventing crime, that income and ego boosting can contribute to invincibility in commiting further crimes.

If he didn't accidentally hit her and cover it up because of fear of repercussions, it was pure predatory behavior. A normal person who has been "dumped" within a relationship, begins dating again, may look for a one nighter or visit the bad side of town, but don't "disappear" a person....or physically force themselves sexually on someone. He's just a sick predator, imo. BTW, since I believe LE has more info to indicate otherwise...especially the burned out truck, there was no accident. IMO

JMO, his inner nature

Well I hate to disturb anyone, but we all have an inner nature. We all have an "id" we all have a self centered center that's all about sex and aggression.....so the only thing that saves us from our inner selves is our egos and superegos.....and its all theory.....but I can be honest...if I was ruled solely by my inner self and obeyed my id.....??????

There's some of that in all of us. That's why we lust and wana hurt peoples feelings and can't help it. Its the same thing that drives us to want to look good and make money...its all selfishness and greed.....just a few of us don't ever develop the ego or superego.....or don't ever develop them enough. Were all capable of losing our temper and murdering someone if put in the right position......think of a position such as self preservation or self defense or vengeance over a child or my fave.......adultery.......oooooooooo

Just my opinion.

Now don't y'all forget that this car dealership worker also told police that this man had scratches on his hands and arms and this also made her suspicious.

I am a little behind after a busy couple of days (But trying madly to catch up!!) What an astute sales person. I wonder if LE had the foresight to alert all car merchants / dealerships to be on the lookout for people trying to sell / trade DWTs in LA after the footage was released to the public?

Still hoping and praying everyday for Mickey to come home!

It seems as if technology could have played a big part in tripping up BSL:

1) Cameras at the LCG building and probably elsewhere (not revealed by LE to the general public).

2) Perhaps an on-board GPS system that indicated he was in the vicinity of WB the morning of May 19th and also gave an indication of the time the truck burned in San Jacinto County, TX on May 26th? Since the burned out truck apparently wasn’t discovered until May 31 there must be a really clear indication that it was torched on the 26th. I doubt if there were any witnesses on the 26th because I think if anyone saw a truck fire they would have called it in immediately in case the blaze caused a forest fire or spread to adjacent property.

3) Cell tower data dumps: the cell tower at WB is north of the bike drop-off location by 4/10th of a mile just to the east of State Route #975. I wonder if after the bike was discovered at WB on the 27th (or 26th) that a data request from the WB tower indicated prolonged activity by a certain subscriber? I gather that if BSL had a smart phone and even if it was turned off that it could still be traced… am I assuming correctly? Corporal Mouton stated in the PC on May 29th that LE was certain the bike was dumped there the morning of the 19th and I doubt BSL left a business card or that there were witnesses. It sounds as if technology may have helped make that determination.

4) Information traced from a transponder. Maybe BSL had a GeauxPass and used it to travel over the CCC (Crescent City Connection Bridge) in New Orleans that morning en route to a hospital to seek medical attention? He departed for offshore from Venice on June 21st but perhaps at one time he left from Port Fourchon, ergo the GeauxPass?

It seems as if technology could have played a big part in tripping up BSL:

1) Cameras at the LCG building and probably elsewhere (not revealed by LE to the general public).

2) Perhaps an on-board GPS system that indicated he was in the vicinity of WB the morning of May 19th and also gave an indication of the time the truck burned in San Jacinto County, TX on May 26th? Since the burned out truck apparently wasn’t discovered until May 31 there must be a really clear indication that it was torched on the 26th. I doubt if there were any witnesses on the 26th because I think if anyone saw a truck fire they would have called it in immediately in case the blaze caused a forest fire or spread to adjacent property.

3) Cell tower data dumps: the cell tower at WB is north of the bike drop-off location by 4/10th of a mile just to the east of State Route #975. I wonder if after the bike was discovered at WB on the 27th (or 26th) that a data request from the WB tower indicated prolonged activity by a certain subscriber? I gather that if BSL had a smart phone and even if it was turned off that it could still be traced… am I assuming correctly? Corporal Mouton stated in the PC on May 29th that LE was certain the bike was dumped there the morning of the 19th and I doubt BSL left a business card or that there were witnesses. It sounds as if technology may have helped make that determination.

4) Information traced from a transponder. Maybe BSL had a GeauxPass and used it to travel over the CCC (Crescent City Connection Bridge) in New Orleans that morning en route to a hospital to seek medical attention? He departed for offshore from Venice on June 21st but perhaps at one time he left from Port Fourchon, ergo the GeauxPass?

I also think Technology is what caught him once the police knew who he was. He was in prison from 2000 to 2008 or so. Technology has changed a GREAT deal since that time. Look at Onstar. I have had Onstar in my vehicles since 2004. I never even knew that even with Onstar not subscribed to in my vehicle it still can track GPS. I suspected it was the case, but never really knew.

He tried to cover other things up so much, i can't really believe that he didn't think he thought of everything. It would be interesting to see what they removed from his home and if a computer/laptop was found. Maybe there are searches.

I just wish, if if if if...but he obviously from past behavior (trying to change his RSO status etc) doesn't really like to take responsibility for his behavior. Probably feels MS deserved it..which she didn't. I can only pray that he gives the information where she is. I keep hoping his mother or his brother can talk him into that. It seems with the facebook apology they have some knowledge that convinces them he is probably guilty. Most family members are in denial and talk about how this person could not have done it etc. They came out of the gate saying sorry. They definitely must know something that is pretty convincing LE has the right guy.

Again, IMHO.

Kelly

They're not supposed to talk about it at all. But that information will get out one way or another. People like to talk

Exactly. I know in the past you never hear from the grand jury members but sometimes things leak from people who are brought in to testify. I wonder if they will be under a gag order as well?

ACI, would you know if he would have had to appear in person to verify or if that could be done over the phone? Since it was not a registration and more or less just a check in that nothing has changed (since he hadn't updated his new truck info yet?)

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member