LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The truck found burning underneath an overpass was in LaPorte, which is not even near San Jacinto County, so that wasn't his truck.

Depending on where the truck was left, the fire may or may not have been reported. There are a lot of people in Texas, but there are also a lot of non-populated areas. It could've been days before anyone noticed it depending on where it was. And, at least in my part of Texas, people tend to "mind their own business." Even if someone had seen the truck earlier, they likely wouldn't report it because it wasn't their business.

People in Texas, particularly younger white people, don't get the whole "southern hospitality" thing. And I am not biased because I am reasonably younger, white, and have lived in Texas for all but 6 months of my life. People are generally rude, abrupt, and pay no attention to the events going on around them.

People in Texas, particularly younger white people, don't get the whole "southern hospitality" thing. And I am not biased because I am reasonably younger, white, and have lived in Texas for all but 6 months of my life. People are generally rude, abrupt, and pay no attention to the events going on around them.

Glad I am in Central TX, I have lived here for 12 years, around here peeps are very friendly (talk to you in line at the store, parking lot waves, drive down the road waving etc.) When there was a robbery in our little neighborhood, we were contacted by the neighbors before the cops even showed up. Might just be our little town though.

The braces are pretty odd. What would make a 33-year-old MAN suddenly want braces anyway? It isn't as if he is an aspiring actor or model. He works offshore.

Where did the 'braces on his teeth' info come from? I don't remember seeing them in his mug shot or any other recent photos of him...are we sure that is not just a rumor?

The braces are pretty odd. What would make a 33-year-old MAN suddenly want braces anyway? It isn't as if he is an aspiring actor or model. He works offshore.

Yes. Almost like he was trying to reinvent himself. Physically. Appealing his RSO status etc. And not for anything but nefarious intent :moo:

I agree Backwoods! That makes a lot of sense to me.

I'm way back in the thread still, but just had another thought on the braces and want to post before I forget -- so sorry if this lands in a weird spot or has already been discussed:

Someone earlier posted several pictures from BSL's school days -- in them, he is non-smiling or smiling a very small, close-mouthed smile. To me, looks like he may be hiding a dental problem -- maybe a severe, as-yet-untreated malocclusion ... or maybe he already was being treated for such with braces at the time. (Could something like this be part of the source for the severe teasing/bullying some have reported he underwent in school?)

In this scenario, possibly at some point, he had his bite corrected with braces, but, as so many don't, didn't wear a retainer (especially likely considering his prison time) and his teeth began to shift again. Then later, with a good-paying job, probably good insurance, and the availability of the much-less-conspicuous "clear" braces of today, he may have decided to undergo treatment again to correct the shift, lest it become severe again.

Glad I am in Central TX, I have lived here for 12 years, around here peeps are very friendly (talk to you in line at the store, parking lot waves, drive down the road waving etc.) When there was a robbery in our little neighborhood, we were contacted by the neighbors before the cops even showed up. Might just be our little town though.

People are more friendly in Central TX. Maybe it is the fumes from the chemical plants over here or something.

Yes. Almost like he was trying to reinvent himself. Physically. Appealing his RSO status etc. And not for anything but nefarious intent :moo:

Exactly! The RSO from Louisiana I mentioned a few days ago that moved to my area about a year ago and failed to report his new address (the police don't seem to care!), also has changed his appearance extensively. He has begun to work out, dyed his hair, began wearing contacts instead of glasses, and I believe he has had some dental work done as well.

The lengths these people will go to!

Why can't they just be required to wear some sort of ankle bracelet or implant with a GPS for the rest of their lives? That way authorities KNOW exactly where they are at any given time?

I know that doesn't keep those who haven't been caught yet from committing crimes, but maybe it would make them think about it a little harder before doing it.

Also, didn't the report from his battery conviction say he had a distinctive voice? Would correction with braces potentially change a person's voice? It seems far-fetched to me, but maybe if a person held their mouth differently when they talked, their voice might be different too.

Also, didn't the report from his battery conviction say he had a distinctive voice? Would correction with braces potentially change a person's voice? It seems far-fetched to me, but maybe if a person held their mouth differently when they talked, their voice might be different too.

your right about the distinctive voice on the report, I have known peeps who got braces and their voices didn't change, at least I didn't think they talked /sounded any different.

Have any Lafayette area locals noticed any searches going on around there or BSL areas, yesterday or this morning?

I had adult braces from 2007-2009. It was a nightmare having adult braces but it does not change your voice. It gives you a stupid lisp though and makes you spit when you talk. That was about all I remember besides the pain of getting them off. Putting them on and adjusting them during the 2 years was NOT a big deal at all. When they put a high speed drill to my teeth to get the glue off, I wanted to scream. I moved so much that tore up my gums from me squirming. Needless to say, this dude is not going to be receiving orthodontic treatment in jail I'm guessing.

Where did the 'braces on his teeth' info come from? I don't remember seeing them in his mug shot or any other recent photos of him...are we sure that is not just a rumor?

The lady that cut his hair commented on them in her interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman