LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a list of other late teen/young adult women missing/murdered in the area since he was released from prison? After hearing about V#1 and the spouse abuse, I am wondering if he really was dormant all this time. There is an endangered runaway from Basile who was last seen in late April and thought to be traveling to the Carencro area. That would potentially put her passing near his home. http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1194227&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Does anyone have a list of other late teen/young adult women missing/murdered in the area since he was released from prison? After hearing about V#1 and the spouse abuse, I am wondering if he really was dormant all this time. There is an endangered runaway from Basile who was last seen in late April and thought to be traveling to the Carencro area. That would potentially put her passing near his home. http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1194227&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Ali Lowitzer has been missing from Spring, TX, since April 26, 2010. Lavergne has friends in Spring. In addition, there have been many teens/women who have gone missing along I-45, which runs through Montgomery County. Some have been found in their own burned out vehicles in the woods.

interesting (to me anyways)
http://www.gao.gov/assets/280/271597.html

As of July 2007, 22 of the nation’s 50 states were using some form of
driver’s license-related process to encourage registration or provide
additional monitoring of convicted sex offenders. For example, nine
states specifically require convicted sex offenders to obtain a
driver’s license, an identification card, or a sex offender
registration card issued through driver’s license-related processes,
and five of these nine states also label the respective document with
an annotation that identifies the person as a sex offender. One of the
22 states—Nevada—has a process for screening every driver’s license
applicant against the state’s sex offender registry before issuing a
license. However, no state has a screening process whereby all
applicants are screened against both the respective state’s sex
offender registry and the FBI’s national registry before being issued a
driver’s license
BBM

I know there are some counties in CA that use a GPS device to track RSOs. I really wish it became a national thing.

Ali Lowitzer has been missing from Spring, TX, since April 26, 2010. Lavergne has friends in Spring. In addition, there have been many teens/women who have gone missing along I-45, which runs through Montgomery County. Some have been found in their own burned out vehicles in the woods.

omg-that is not good news by any means

Texas seems to have some of the most relaxed laws regarding RSOs that I have seen.

No clue. I know I'm disgusted about them living among the rest of us, though.

Here is a part of an excellent study on sex offenders I highly recommend reading.

It is from the Center for Sex Offender Management, US Justice Department.

Understanding Sex Offenders:An Introductory Curriculum.

Common Characteristics of Sex Offenders

http://www.csom.org/train/etiology/3/3_1.htm

The following curricula are available:

Understanding Sex Offenders: An Introductory Curriculum
Supervision of Sex Offenders in the Community
An Overview of Sex Offender Treatment for a Non–Clinical Audience
The Effective Management of Juvenile Sex Offenders in the Community
The Role of the Victim and Victim Advocate in Managing Sex Offenders
Educating the Community about Sexual Assault and the Management of Sex Offenders in the Community
Secondary Trauma and the Management of Sex Offenders

I don't know that this guy is really a "sex offender" per se. I mean, he obviously has been convicted of a sex offense. But, I think maybe that was more of a "starting point" in his evolution as a killer. He has also been accused and committed arson, which is a sign of a serial killer.

I think you have to profile him differently than someone who may rape women, but not be particularly violent (although rape is a violent crime).

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18559_162-20124020/the-real-life-mystery-of-texas-killing-fields/

Since the 1970s, over 30 young women and girls have disappeared or been found murdered in the 50-mile desolate area between Houston and Galveston - a stretch of land that some call a highway of hell.

There is a dedicated forum here where those crimes are discussed.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467"]Texas Killing Fields and Mysteries Along I-45 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

i had a few thoughts this morning on this case and wanted to throw them out there... much is based on rumor which i know is not allowed here but my intent is not to spread these rumors... i have no inside information and have no relation to this case...

i thing the general opinion is this was carefully preplanned by the perp and that this victim was sexually assaulted, then carefully disposed of... i think that may not be the case here... i think she may not have been sexually assaulted (as planned) at all. if this opinion has been discussed here i have not seen it...

perp hits or otherwise abducts victim...
victim fights back once inside the truck and causes a serious neck injury to perp. causing massive blood loss, possible dizziness etc, and perp has to prematurely murder his victim at the abduction location...
perp returns to his house (body still in truck) to try to patch his wounds and stop the bleeding but needs immediate medical attention...
perp drives to another county to seek medical attention and hastefully disposes of bike/body along the way...
after being patched up, perp returns home...
then seeing the search effort is way more than he imagined, knowing he will be investigated because of his SO status, he starts to get spooked and comes up with the plan to dispose of his truck and comes up with the plan to dispose of it in the other direction (tx) and files to have his SO status lifted... etc...

again i do not know many of the details, but from what i have read, this sounds like a likely possibility...

I'm currently in medical school training to become a physician and previously I was employed in the medical field and have treated many lacerations so I am educated in this area. This scar on BSL's neck is nearly white/near normal skin color. New scars that would fit into the time frame of Mickey's disappearance would be more fresh looking, it would be more red/purple because it be less mature in it's healing phase. Also it is true that head/scalp injuries bleed a lot due to the great amount of capillaries and blood vessels in the head. However, this is not so much the case in the neck, although of course it will still bleed, just not as profusely as some may believe. It is true that you can have major blood loss if you hit a major blood vessel in the neck, which can lead to death. But this scar location is not in proximity to either the jugular vein or carotid artery or even the subclavian artery or vein that is lower in the neck/shoulder area. I do not believe this injury would have caused him to become dizzy or lose a lot of blood and I don't believe it happened 6 weeks ago.
JMO
brandon_scott_lavergne_new.jpg

I'm like that and I'm in my 20's so maybe you're looking in the wrong places....LOL.....but trust me homeboy ain't stalking anyone. Maybe me but I enjoy it......lol

OT but...
I am all for equal rights for both sexes. If you stay at home all the time and the "household chores" are your job, then I support that. I do not support two income families where the wife works one job outside the home, and then has a second fulltime job in the home while the husband sits,eats, and watches football games and or goes out chasing women!

I can't believe that Mickey is his only victim. I think the cases with the victims being found in their burnt out cars should be a red flag to LE and something to look into. He's obviously a pyromaniac too.

So his case is going to the grand jury on the 18th. Although this is closed to the public, will we get any answers to the hundreds of questions we have been asking? Is there a chance we can find out some more information about what evidence they have against bsl, or will this remain confidential?

The prosecutor presents enough information for the grand jury to indict and that's it. Neither the defendent nor his attorney have to be in court.Grand jury proceedings are not always held in a courtroom and no judge is present. Most of the time, the only persons who attend the grand jury hearing are the grand jurors, the District Attorney and the witnesses, who testify one at a time.

You have to show your license to potential employers, etc. and to LE. Also at bars, I would think bouncers and bartenders would keepa closer eye on you and tell any last you try to talk to for an extended period of time. so it does matter. But I definitely understand what you are saying!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

You also have to show your license when applying for mortgages, loans of almost any type, often when writing a check, or even using a credit card.

I can't believe that Mickey is his only victim. I think the cases with the victims being found in their burnt out cars should be a red flag to LE and something to look into. He's obviously a pyromaniac too.

I am sure the Montgomery County SO is on it. They are prolific in closing cold cases. I just hope those who are being convicted are actually the guilty ones.

Where did the 'braces on his teeth' info come from? I don't remember seeing them in his mug shot or any other recent photos of him...are we sure that is not just a rumor?

It came from the article in which his hairdresser he was flirting with was interviewed. She said they joked about his braces. Also some say they see his braces in his pictures from his mother's facebook.

West Virginia makes RSO have signs out in your front yard. Or at least they were trying to pass it a few years ago!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member