LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's 249 on the map and 15 not on the map in the Lafayette area. Anyone else local want to help do this?

'All of the above'...

I was thinking about this yesterday. Why not identify all RSOs in our zip codes whether we live in LA or elsewhere. Then check to see if they have Facebook pages. If FB Pages are found, then we could notify FB of their violation and have their accounts cancelled.. It may not be a cure all, but it's a start...

http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=210081519032737

How can I report a convicted sex offender?

Convicted sex offenders are prohibited from using Facebook. Once we are able to verify a user’s status as a sex offender, we immediately disable their account and remove their account and all information associated with it.

Ohio doesn't for sure. Which they should have 2 everywhere

No. I looked it up and posted on it previously. LA, delaware, florida, and I believe the last one was ohio if I'm not remembering wrong. They are the only ones!

Whoops!! Yep you're right! I wasn't remembering right, Ohio is not one of them. So I went back and found my original post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8124239#post8124239"]LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33 - Page 40 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

It's Louisiana, Delaware, Florida, Alabama and Tennessee. I remembered Ohio because when I was doing research Ohio came up that the state wanted all RSO to have a bright pink licence tag to be placed around their licence plate on their vehicles and I found that humorous, but that bill did not pass.

How old was the victim when he was convicted of oral sexual battery?

Do we know?

I think she was 18.

ETA: I just saw that upthread someone said she was 19, so I may be incorrect. Either way, she was very young.

Well I know Mickey's case has further inspired me to take a concealed carry class next weekend. I don't know if it would have helped her. But I feel like it would at least give me a fighting chance if I ever come across someone like BSL. I am small like Mickey and just wouldn't be able to stand a chance against a 220lb like him.

I don't know that this guy is really a "sex offender" per se. I mean, he obviously has been convicted of a sex offense. But, I think maybe that was more of a "starting point" in his evolution as a killer. He has also been accused and committed arson, which is a sign of a serial killer.

I think you have to profile him differently than someone who may rape women, but not be particularly violent (although rape is a violent crime).

Nutkin, I have to vehemently disagree. Not really a sexual offender?
Brandon Scott Laverne displays all the characteristics of a sadistical sexual predator, imo..He has honed his skills while escalating over years/decades.

Sadistic psychopathic sexual predators are void of all human emotions and empathy.. BSL, obviously fits the bill due to the lack of empathy for innocent victim Mickey Schunick, her family, or humanity...

As an avid hunter/woodsman for over five decades, I analogize them as a mountain lion. Their traits are identical.

Their prey/victims are stealthly stalked, in a predetermined hunting territory, ambushed, returned to their den/safe haven where they are toyed with and torturous rituals are performed, and lastly the prey/victims are devoured, mind, soul, and spirit...

Research shows that sex is only minor in the predator's primary motivations for carry out their evil deeds.

I have TMJ and braces have never been recommended for me. The only options I have ever been given were a splint worn at night or surgery.

Brandon Scott Laverne displays all the characteristics of a sadistical sexual predator, imo..He has honed his skills while escalating over years/decades.

Sadistic psychopathic sexual predators are void of all human emotions and empathy.. BSL, obviously fits the bill due to the lack of empathy for innocent victim Mickey Schunick, her family, or humanity...

As an avid hunter/woodsman for over five decades, I analogize them as a mountain lion. Their traits are identical.

Their prey/victims are stealthly stalked, in a predetermined hunting territory, ambushed, returned to their den/safe haven where they are toyed with and torturous rituals are performed, and lastly the prey/victims are devoured, mind, soul, and spirit...

Research shows that sex is only minor in the predator's primary motivations for carry out their evil deeds.

He fits the profile of a psychopath or even potentially a sexual sadist. He doesn't fit the profile of a typical rapist.

I don't know that this guy is really a "sex offender" per se. I mean, he obviously has been convicted of a sex offense. But, I think maybe that was more of a "starting point" in his evolution as a killer. He has also been accused and committed arson, which is a sign of a serial killer.

I think you have to profile him differently than someone who may rape women, but not be particularly violent (although rape is a violent crime).

Until he is found guilty in a court of law the only conviction that I know of that we have is him pleading guilty to the oral sexual battery charge in order to not be tried for ??breaking & entering?? (don't recall now what it was). Am I missing some convictions somewhere? Thanks!

Well I know Mickey's case has further inspired me to take a concealed carry class next weekend. I don't know if it would have helped her. But I feel like it would at least give me a fighting chance if I ever come across someone like BSL. I am small like Mickey and just wouldn't be able to stand a chance against a 220lb like him.

It can help, for sure. Just make sure you get a lot of practice with your weapon. Also, make sure you feel very confident handling it and everything that entails. (i.e. loading, clearing, etc.)

Until he is found guilty in a court of law the only conviction that I know of that we have is him pleading guilty to the oral sexual battery charge in order to not be tried for ??breaking & entering?? (don't recall now what it was). Am I missing some convictions somewhere? Thanks!

No, you aren't missing any convictions. But, he set fire to his truck, so we know he has no problem setting fires. Other fires have reportedly been linked to him, though he hasn't been convicted of anything.

Mickey has inspired me to urge my same age daughter to start carrying. She is happy after all these years I finally agree w her.

Leave my BUSHIE boy alone yallllll. Nah just kiddin. :)

No, you aren't missing any convictions. But, he set fire to his truck, so we know he has no problem setting fires. Other fires have reportedly been linked to him, though he hasn't been convicted of anything.

I wonder what else we dont know about. Betting once charges are official some folks may feel safe to talk :moo:

OT here...but a question that I have often thought about.

Why do hunters think it is not okay to kill a human, but it is ok to kill an innocent deer, or rabbit, etc? As the more intelligent species, should the human not have more empathy for the less intelligent species?
TIA!

What about the domestic violence? I haven't seen where he was convicted of it though. Maybe b/c shortly after it happened he was locked up anyway.

It can help, for sure. Just make sure you get a lot of practice with your weapon. Also, make sure you feel very confident handling it and everything that entails. (i.e. loading, clearing, etc.)

Excellent advice nutkin. If you are not confident with handling and using your firearm, it becomes just another weapon that can be used against you.

In addition... first, be very sure that you WILL use your firearm, without hesitation, if you are in fear for your life or well being. That level of confidence will save your life. Second, when you pull the triger - make it count. Third, be sure you secure your firearm at all times, especially if kids are around.

Prayers answers will come soon on MS's whereabouts. Thanks all WSs for your ideas, maps, and work on uncovering details.

Ali Lowitzer has been missing from Spring, TX, since April 26, 2010. Lavergne has friends in Spring. In addition, there have been many teens/women who have gone missing along I-45, which runs through Montgomery County. Some have been found in their own burned out vehicles in the woods.

Thanks, for that.

It's my opinion that a geographical radius should be set, and we should compile a list of all unsolved missing persons cases that fit any part of RSL's known MO.

Mickey has inspired me to urge my same age daughter to start carrying. She is happy after all these years I finally agree w her.

Leave my BUSHIE boy alone yallllll. Nah just kiddin. :)

I tend to disagree with this thought process. As someone who USE to carry a 380 and a 25 for back-up, no longer do and have not for years.

I believe there is more of a chance that someone gets hurt versus the protection that may never be needed. Just look at some of the threads here.

"Gun left on piano in holster" etc.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123717&highlight=Gun+left+piano+holster

OT here...but a question that I have often thought about.

Why do hunters think it is not okay to kill a human, but it is ok to kill an innocent deer, or rabbit, etc? As the more intelligent species, should the human not have more empathy for the less intelligent species?
TIA!

what "makes it okay" for me at least is that most people who kill deer or rabbit do it for food. i don't agree with just doing it for the sport of it.

As per 1999 Charges, more info to add to RSL's history:

-He drove a 1993 Ford Pick-Up Truck at the time

-In Fort Polk, he was on military assignment to ADA Battery 2D ACR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads