LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT here...but a question that I have often thought about.

Why do hunters think it is not okay to kill a human, but it is ok to kill an innocent deer, or rabbit, etc? As the more intelligent species, should the human not have more empathy for the less intelligent species?
TIA!

There is a big difference between murdering and killing, first of all, and second, what makes you assume that hunters do not have empathy for animals?

It's ok to kill a deer bc I am going to eat it, it's going to feed my family. Not to mention that deer do not have as many natural predators due to endangered species, and without hunting them they breed like rabbits and endanger our highways and ourselves.

You realize, of course, that when you eat a carrot, you are ingesting something that was alive. Just saying.

This is OT, but I had to address that.

Hey everyone! I'm relatively new to this website. I've been following the Mickey Shunick case since the beginning but just found this site by googling BSL the day he was arrested.

I must say I am thoroughly impressed with the level of wit and "out of the box" thinking that most of y'all possess. And want to thank you all for such dedication to finding answers for this poor family. I've never heard of the Shunicks before this, but have a niece that goes to ULL (and was in college at LSU during DTL) and could only hope that if something like this ever happened to myself or anyone in my family that I would have people like y'all sleuthing behind the scenes and keeping the case alive and fresh.

I was wondering though, if this type of forum has ever had any kind of negative repercussions during trials. I know many of y'all have talked about the change of venue thing, but I'm wondering if any of this could affect the actual case at all?

Also, is there any chance that if this case does go to trial it will be televised? I was pretty addicted to the Casey Anthony trial. Not sure if we have the laws here in LA that allow THAT public of a trial.

Thanks again and it's good to know that there are so many people out there like y'all kicking *advertiser censored** and takin names!! :)))

Welcome to our shindig. :party:

'All of the above'...

I was thinking about this yesterday. Why not identify all RSOs in our zip codes whether we live in LA or elsewhere. Then check to see if they have Facebook pages. If FB Pages are found, then we could notify FB of their violation and have their accounts cancelled.. It may not be a cure all, but it's a start...

http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=210081519032737

How can I report a convicted sex offender?

Convicted sex offenders are prohibited from using Facebook. Once we are able to verify a user’s status as a sex offender, we immediately disable their account and remove their account and all information associated with it.

There is a user that has posted in the Kelli Bordeaux threads named Todd Picuyane that has done something similar for North Carolina, I believe . . . IIRC, he has a program that assists with this? Maybe he would have some input or tips on doing what you've mentioned above?

Here is a link to one of his related posts:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7816539&postcount=11"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7816539&postcount=11[/ame]

It might have started with BSL’s delusional notion that he’d gently bump the young lady on her bicycle, act apologetic and ever-so charming, offer her a lift home and she would simply acquiesce to his salacious advances inside his vehicle. But this young lady fought back and everything went horribly wrong…

I posted earlier the same situation. I really think this is how it went down too. Had a fight with the GF and her family and he was looking for some love.

The braces are pretty odd. What would make a 33-year-old MAN suddenly want braces anyway? It isn't as if he is an aspiring actor or model. He works offshore.

To correct his bite. Some people grind there teeth at night due to TMJ pain.

Why do hunters think it is not okay to kill a human, but it is ok to kill an innocent deer, or rabbit, etc? As the more intelligent species, should the human not have more empathy for the less intelligent species?
TIA!

You've got to be kidding me.

Just to be clear...did you just compare hunting a deer or rabbit to that of killing a human? :banghead:

TIA!

Woah! That's quite a leap! :)

I think, like with most everything, it's a personal choice. I grew up in a family that has always had hunting camps, and fishing camps and cows and chickens and dogs and pigs and horses. (Animal Lovers)

I use to hunt when I was a teenager with my daddy. (have killed a few deer myself, as well as snakes and even roaches and mosquitos!) Where do you draw the line??

In the south (which with a name like Boudin, I'm assuming you know this ;) ) It's just a way of life, passed down for generations (like my great grandmothers sweet iced tea recipe) Just because you can go out and buy iced tea in a jug from the walmart doesn't mean everybody has to all the time. Sometimes its good to get back to your roots and remember where ya came from! And some peoples roots just happen to be a little deeper in the woods ;)

With all that said, I'm completely positive that 100% of the hunters I know have never and WILL NEVER make that huge leap that you suggested. ;)

The prosecutor presents enough information for the grand jury to indict and that's it. Neither the defendent nor his attorney have to be in court.Grand jury proceedings are not always held in a courtroom and no judge is present. Most of the time, the only persons who attend the grand jury hearing are the grand jurors, the District Attorney and the witnesses, who testify one at a time.

You also have to show your license when applying for mortgages, loans of almost any type, often when writing a check, or even using a credit card.

to add to both of yours, a little more off the wall but: *advertiser censored* stores, smoke stores, doctor appointments (we do in IL at some of ours), drug tests, concerts, to adopt a pet, to visit someone in a school, etc etc etc. I think this is a great idea along w/ other license plates (although, not all perps drive).

I have a few friends who are around 25-35 that don't even have a state id. Their license was taken years ago and they never got it back, nor opted for a state id?! I do not think it's a law to have an id....most people need theirs though, but for this reason, I'm for tagging the a$$Holes in someway! If you abuse ANYONE (animals included), you should be branded for life IMO

Can someone open a hunting thread in the "Jury Room"...to discuss that, if so inclined...

Why do hunters think it is not okay to kill a human, but it is ok to kill an innocent deer, or rabbit, etc?

Deer and rabbit taste better?

Hey everyone! I'm relatively new to this website. I've been following the Mickey Shunick case since the beginning but just found this site by googling BSL the day he was arrested.

I must say I am thoroughly impressed with the level of wit and "out of the box" thinking that most of y'all possess. And want to thank you all for such dedication to finding answers for this poor family. I've never heard of the Shunicks before this, but have a niece that goes to ULL (and was in college at LSU during DTL) and could only hope that if something like this ever happened to myself or anyone in my family that I would have people like y'all sleuthing behind the scenes and keeping the case alive and fresh.

I was wondering though, if this type of forum has ever had any kind of negative repercussions during trials. I know many of y'all have talked about the change of venue thing, but I'm wondering if any of this could affect the actual case at all?

Also, is there any chance that if this case does go to trial it will be televised? I was pretty addicted to the Casey Anthony trial. Not sure if we have the laws here in LA that allow THAT public of a trial.

Thanks again and it's good to know that there are so many people out there like y'all kicking *advertiser censored** and takin names!! :)))

Excellent first post and food for thought, SLBG.

RE: but I'm wondering if any of this could affect the actual case at all?

'Imo, forums such as websleuths can be a valuable resource for the prosecution, as well as the defense, to insure that fair and impartial Justice is served. Especially when many locals participate in the discussions..

Due to the awareness these forums create and the many questions raised, the MS media are forced to ask LE the hard questions which lead to more questions and answers. This process also insures a thorough and complete investigation for the innocent victim and their family..imo

'Interesting read on cameras in the courtroom from 1986'.. Twenty years later with Court TV & live stream capabilities, many trials are now televised in high profile cases. Imo, from past cases in other states, there is usually live stream allowed, although the Judge has the final say.jmo

United States Court of Appeals,
Fifth Circuit.

March 31, 1986.

http://openjurist.org/785/f2d/1293/united-states-v-w-edwards

Given the Supreme Court's indication that the First Amendment right of access to criminal trials does not extend to include a right to broadcast such trials..
Read more

I believe with a neck gash like bsl has that (hopefully :great: from Mickey getting weapon from him) he sought some medical attention away from Lafayette.
Possibly continuing farther east after he dumped Mickeys bike at WB.

My continued prayers for Mickeys return to her family. :angel: may God Bless them all.

I wonder if LE contacted hospitals, clinics, etc in case BSL sought medical attention soon after the Mickeys disappearance. Also BSLs coworkers, bosses, girl friend (if she was still around) etc about any noticed injuries that Mickey inflicted on him in the kidnapping. I believe Mickey fought tremendously to get away. JMO

My prayers for Mickey and her family. :angel: God Bless them all.

http://techetoday.com/bookmark/19268705

Link is to Eyes on Whiskey Bay, an article on techetoday.com.

It reads in part...

"According to a spokesperson from the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development, the cameras mounted high in the median at the Whiskey Bay exit are part of a statewide network of traffic cameras monitored in real time by DOTD employees to spot traffic jams on the long stretches of elevated roadway common in this state.

Go to www.trafficland.com and click through the “Live Traffic” prompts to see for yourself.

They are not designed for security or surveillance, she said. They provide a snapshot every 10 seconds. And she said the images are not archived so that investigators could go back and scan them.

Only in the unlikely event that one of the traffic monitors happened to notice and remember a white Z71 exit at Whiskey Bay – in the distant background of the camera’s view – could such a traffic camera provide damning evidence in the case. The other possibility besides an eyewitness is that the cameras have a functionality beyond that available to the public, or that there are other cameras in the vicinity."

Hmm, what if bsl started working on the skirting around his house to justify these cuts and bruises. In other words, if he sustained injury during the abduction a little remodeling would certainly 'cover' his fresh cuts and bruises. If neighbors saw him working out there they would be potential witnesses for the defense.

This of course makes me ill but he spends a lot of time attempting to stay ahead of LE and covering his tracks.

If frog legs are done correctly they taste better than fried chicken... JMO

Lot of frog giggers in these parts...

I'm still trying to find a link that says animals are less intelligent than humans..
From my experience, the opposite is true...

thanks guys for all your advice. i already have a handgun but only keep it in the house, but i am very comfortable with that one and have practiced with that one lots. i would need to have a smaller one to carry. so i would need to practice with the new one i get. and i plan to take an advanced carry course after the initial course as well that further trains you on close combat, how to take it out of your holster faster, etc. so i plan to take all your advice to heart!!

and i am very aware of the dangers of carrying as well. i've always had a stun gun but i'm wary to how strong they really are. and when you need to use it is not a good time to find out if it's not strong or not!! and there's really not a good way to test it!

I have a 9mm Taurus (the slim variety) and I am very comfortable with it. Before that, I had a much larger .40 caliber and I didn't like it nearly as much.

I always wear it in a holster. I would never carry a gun in my purse, with all of the random dust and stuff that could get into the barrel.

Another good habit is to have it loaded with hollow points. Full metal jackets tend to carry and could potentially go through a wall and into some innocent person's house.

My children have been raised around guns since they were tiny. Never once have they touched one without permission. They are not curious about them because they've always been given the chance to learn about them, gun safety, and even shoot at a gun range. The dangerous thing about kids with guns is when they are not taught or given access to the them because then the "danger" isn't real to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member