LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I know in the past you never hear from the grand jury members but sometimes things leak from people who are brought in to testify. I wonder if they will be under a gag order as well?

ACI, would you know if he would have had to appear in person to verify or if that could be done over the phone? Since it was not a registration and more or less just a check in that nothing has changed (since he hadn't updated his new truck info yet?)

Kelly

It varies. Sometimes it's over the phone and sometimes it's in person. Early on LPD said they were checking into various RSO's whereabouts that night. He may have briefly been checked on for that reason. No way to really tell

I was under the impression it was reported stolen on the 26th and found brning under an overpass on the 31st but I don't know where I I read that or why I thought that but okay. I realize that was besides the PURNT of your post which was technology played several roles in tripping up bsl.
It seems as if technology could have played a big part in tripping up BSL:

1) Cameras at the LCG building and probably elsewhere (not revealed by LE to the general public).

2) Perhaps an on-board GPS system that indicated he was in the vicinity of WB the morning of May 19th and also gave an indication of the time the truck burned in San Jacinto County, TX on May 26th? Since the burned out truck apparently wasn’t discovered until May 31 there must be a really clear indication that it was torched on the 26th. I doubt if there were any witnesses on the 26th because I think if anyone saw a truck fire they would have called it in immediately in case the blaze caused a forest fire or spread to adjacent property.

3) Cell tower data dumps: the cell tower at WB is north of the bike drop-off location by 4/10th of a mile just to the east of State Route #975. I wonder if after the bike was discovered at WB on the 27th (or 26th) that a data request from the WB tower indicated prolonged activity by a certain subscriber? I gather that if BSL had a smart phone and even if it was turned off that it could still be traced… am I assuming correctly? Corporal Mouton stated in the PC on May 29th that LE was certain the bike was dumped there the morning of the 19th and I doubt BSL left a business card or that there were witnesses. It sounds as if technology may have helped make that determination.

4) Information traced from a transponder. Maybe BSL had a GeauxPass and used it to travel over the CCC (Crescent City Connection Bridge) in New Orleans that morning en route to a hospital to seek medical attention? He departed for offshore from Venice on June 21st but perhaps at one time he left from Port Fourchon, ergo the GeauxPass?

i had a few thoughts this morning on this case and wanted to throw them out there... much is based on rumor which i know is not allowed here but my intent is not to spread these rumors... i have no inside information and have no relation to this case...

i thing the general opinion is this was carefully preplanned by the perp and that this victim was sexually assaulted, then carefully disposed of... i think that may not be the case here... i think she may not have been sexually assaulted (as planned) at all. if this opinion has been discussed here i have not seen it...

perp hits or otherwise abducts victim...
victim fights back once inside the truck and causes a serious neck injury to perp. causing massive blood loss, possible dizziness etc, and perp has to prematurely murder his victim at the abduction location...
perp returns to his house (body still in truck) to try to patch his wounds and stop the bleeding but needs immediate medical attention...
perp drives to another county to seek medical attention and hastefully disposes of bike/body along the way...
after being patched up, perp returns home...
then seeing the search effort is way more than he imagined, knowing he will be investigated because of his SO status, he starts to get spooked and comes up with the plan to dispose of his truck and comes up with the plan to dispose of it in the other direction (tx) and files to have his SO status lifted... etc...

again i do not know many of the details, but from what i have read, this sounds like a likely possibility...

It varies. Sometimes it's over the phone and sometimes it's in person. Early on LPD said they were checking into various RSO's whereabouts that night. He may have briefly been checked on for that reason. No way to really tell

That is what I understood as well, but since it was possible he left the area for either Texas or offshore, he may have missed an in person type check. All the information I can find regarding verification leaves open the posisibility that he did call in as opposed to appear in person. In NC, as I know someone who has to check in quarterly (he is registered as a sex offendor because of a relationship with an underage girl when he was 18) and he does it by phone if his address and everything is the same.

It will be interesting to know for sure if LE saw him/interviewed anytime after the 19th and before the verification. If he checked in by phone to say nothing had changed, possible the cut on his neck is in fact from the abduction.

There are so many unanswered questions...I really do feel that LE has a lot of information that we do not that gives them reasonable cause to charge him with the offenses.

[First off nobody seems to care ifyou post rumors or outright lies opinions or speculation AS LONG AS YOU LABEL IT AS SUCH ;)

ANYWAY, it actually has occurred to me that maybe the whole thing was not at all sexually motivated at all and possibly would have been a hit and run had it not become complucated possibly by her trying to hurt him (possibly confused because of a bump on the head or more likely very p***** off) mmmk...i think everyone jumped on the bandwagon of it being sexually motivated just because shes a female and in the opinion of most attractive. All my opinion only

Now, i realize that bsl does have a prior record but it is not like the other girl was a complete stranger. It was not at all random.

And as far as the arsons go, they have another firebug in the family that could be responsible (family member was actually convicted of at least 10 Parsons...he liked fire A WHOLE LOT) IMO

and as far as the grave robbing goes....I have friends fromthe same area and more high school kids have been to that graveyard than haven't because it is supposedly haunted (and that's just a rumor anyway) another popular stop is the radio tower which is also supposedly haunted.

I'm just playing devils advocate for a second but if all le has. Is what we know they have nothing. (Just like us) so I hope and pray they have some type of DNA evidence and an airtight case
and I hope somebody somewhere can provide him with a reason to want to live so that if they threaten him with the death penalty he goes ahead and tells where the body is.....of course that's a guilty plea or confession and imo he's still thinking he's got choices.

Maybe he didn't act alone.

All my opinion.
.B][/B]
i had a few thoughts this morning on this case and wanted to throw them out there... much is based on rumor which i know is not allowed here but my intent is not to spread these rumors... i have no inside information and have no relation to this case...

i thing the general opinion is this was carefully preplanned by the perp and that this victim was sexually assaulted, then carefully disposed of... i think that may not be the case here... i think she may not have been sexually assaulted (as planned) at all. if this opinion has been discussed here i have not seen it...

perp hits or otherwise abducts victim...
victim fights back once inside the truck and causes a serious neck injury to perp. causing massive blood loss, possible dizziness etc, and perp has to prematurely murder his victim at the abduction location...
perp returns to his house (body still in truck) to try to patch his wounds and stop the bleeding but needs immediate medical attention...
perp drives to another county to seek medical attention and hastefully disposes of bike/body along the way...
after being patched up, perp returns home...
then seeing the search effort is way more than he imagined, knowing he will be investigated because of his SO status, he starts to get spooked and comes up with the plan to dispose of his truck and comes up with the plan to dispose of it in the other direction (tx) and files to have his SO status lifted... etc...

again i do not know many of the details, but from what i have read, this sounds like a likely possibility...

I was under the impression it was reported stolen on the 26th and found brning under an overpass on the 31st but I don't know where I I read that or why I thought that but okay. I realize that was besides the PURNT of your post which was technology played several roles in tripping up bsl.

My understanding from Corporal Mouton’s interview that it was burned (26th), reported stolen (26th), discovered burned out somewhere in San Jacinto Co. TX (31st):

"And so we started investigating his background, with the plate, with the owner Lavergne and his background and then based off of that we were able to discover that, in fact, the vehicle had been burned and then after it was burned, that same day that it was reported stolen. You know, that’s some powerful information on top of some other things that we have that we haven’t released yet.”

http://kpel965.com/new-details-about-lavergne-traffic-stop-investigation-process-audio/

You’re right though, I was just trying to establish that LE must have been able to make a technological connection to the torching on the 26th — i.e. a GPS that went dormant on the actual day the truck was burned which seems to be the 26th of May.

[First off nobody seems to care ifyou post rumors or outright lies opinions or speculation AS LONG AS YOU LABEL IT AS SUCH ;)

ANYWAY, it actually has occurred to me that maybe the whole thing was not at all sexually motivated at all and possibly would have been a hit and run had it not become complucated possibly by her trying to hurt him (possibly confused because of a bump on the head or more likely very p***** off) mmmk...i think everyone jumped on the bandwagon of it being sexually motivated just because shes a female and in the opinion of most attractive. All my opinion only

Now, i realize that bsl does have a prior record but it is not like the other girl was a complete stranger. It was not at all random.

And as far as the arsons go, they have another firebug in the family that could be responsible (family member was actually convicted of at least 10 Parsons...he liked fire A WHOLE LOT) IMO

and as far as the grave robbing goes....I have friends fromthe same area and more high school kids have been to that graveyard than haven't because it is supposedly haunted (and that's just a rumor anyway) another popular stop is the radio tower which is also supposedly haunted.

I'm just playing devils advocate for a second but if all le has. Is what we know they have nothing. (Just like us) so I hope and pray they have some type of DNA evidence and an airtight case
and I hope somebody somewhere can provide him with a reason to want to live so that if they threaten him with the death penalty he goes ahead and tells where the body is.....of course that's a guilty plea or confession and imp he's still thinking he's got choices.

Maybe he didn't act alone.

All my opinion.
.B][/B]

i was actually implying that it WAS sexually motivated but due to being badly injured by the victim (neck injury), it did not go down as he planned...

I just found five tier three RSOs in my zip code. What to do? Send out fliers? Hire a hit man?

'All of the above'...

I was thinking about this yesterday. Why not identify all RSOs in our zip codes whether we live in LA or elsewhere. Then check to see if they have Facebook pages. If FB Pages are found, then we could notify FB of their violation and have their accounts cancelled.. It may not be a cure all, but it's a start...

http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=210081519032737

How can I report a convicted sex offender?

Convicted sex offenders are prohibited from using Facebook. Once we are able to verify a user’s status as a sex offender, we immediately disable their account and remove their account and all information associated with it.

I was thinking about bsl having braces now and it made me think of something my hubby told me awhile back. My hubby was in a very minor car accident, he was not wearing a seat belt. His mouth hit the steering wheel but otherwise he was not injured. Anyway, it caused his front teeth to be angled slightly towards the back of his mouth, but there was no blood. When he was a teen, one of his friends was kicked in the mouth and it caused his friend's perfectly straight teeth to become angled towards the back of his mouth. His friend had to get braces. And another incident when my hubby was just 7 years old, he hit another boy in the mouth on accident with a golf club, it caused the other little boy's front teeth to be angled towards the back of his mouth.

Is it possible that bsl is now wearing braces because he was kicked in the mouth? I would like to know when he got those braces and why. It could be important information.

I can easily see Micky spraying him with her mace (some commercial mace is very weak), kicking him in the mouth and grabbing the knife - causing his neck injury. I can also see how his reaction could have easily resulted in her being killed very early on during a struggle inside that truck.

I was thinking about bsl having braces now and it made me think of something my hubby told me awhile back. My hubby was in a very minor car accident, he was not wearing a seat belt. His mouth hit the steering wheel but otherwise he was not injured. Anyway, it caused his front teeth to be angled slightly towards the back of his mouth, but there was no blood. When he was a teen, one of his friends was kicked in the mouth and it caused his friend's perfectly straight teeth to become angled towards the back of his mouth. His friend had to get braces. And another incident when my hubby was just 7 years old, he hit another boy in the mouth on accident with a golf club, it caused the other little boy's front teeth to be angled towards the back of his mouth.

Is it possible that bsl is now wearing braces because he was kicked in the mouth? I would like to know when he got those braces and why. It could be important information.

I can easily see Micky spraying him with her mace (some commercial mace is very weak), kicking him in the mouth and grabbing the knife - causing his neck injury. I can also see how his reaction could have easily resulted in her being killed very early on during a struggle inside that truck.

Interesting point you made here.

I wonder if they were "braces" or maybe just "retainers" that can be popped in and out, and, as you suggest, BSL put them "back" in because maybe he had a few teeth kicked/knocked out, and he wanted to obscure that with the "retainers"?

Seems that it was reported that there was in excess of 300 RSOs reported in the vicinity of BW's home and Mickey Schunick's home. Would the RSO net extend out another twenty miles to include Brandon Scott Lavergne's residence?

Imo, maybe eventually, but due to the sheer numbers, it may have taken weeks or months, if ever. Thanks to the publics awareness & tips, BSL's shenanigans, and the tremendous amount of investigative agencies and resources. To his surprise, the net was dropped on BSL much sooner than expected..

They're not supposed to talk about it at all. But that information will get out one way or another. People like to talk

I was on the grand jury back in the 90's in colorado, every monday for six months to listen to cases (very very interesting for a young person). We were never told not to talk to anyone about the cases we sat in on. (that I can remember). However, after googling grand jury I found that they are all secret. I swear I don't remember anyone telling us we couldn't talk to anyone about it.

I was thinking about bsl having braces now and it made me think of something my hubby told me awhile back. My hubby was in a very minor car accident, he was not wearing a seat belt. His mouth hit the steering wheel but otherwise he was not injured. Anyway, it caused his front teeth to be angled slightly towards the back of his mouth, but there was no blood. When he was a teen, one of his friends was kicked in the mouth and it caused his friend's perfectly straight teeth to become angled towards the back of his mouth. His friend had to get braces. And another incident when my hubby was just 7 years old, he hit another boy in the mouth on accident with a golf club, it caused the other little boy's front teeth to be angled towards the back of his mouth. Is it possible that bsl is now wearing braces because he was kicked in the mouth? I would like to know when he got those braces and why. It could be important information. I can easily see Micky spraying him with her mace (some commercial mace is very weak), kicking him in the mouth and grabbing the knife - causing his neck injury. I can also see how his reaction could have easily resulted in her being killed very early on during a struggle inside that truck.

It might have started with BSL’s delusional notion that he’d gently bump the young lady on her bicycle, act apologetic and ever-so charming, offer her a lift home and she would simply acquiesce to his salacious advances inside his vehicle. But this young lady fought back and everything went horribly wrong…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member