LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Dating and/or marrying is his cover life. BTK Dennis Rader was married and had two children, was very active in his church. Ted Bundy had a girfriend. Makes it easier to carry out their REAL life - it is misdirection - if you have a wife, children, or date regularly, no one looks close enough to suspect an alternate life.

makes sense. it just makes me so mad. i just Hate that these guys do this. it's like how many women do they need? it's awful, just awful. :tsktsk:

In the interview that took place just after we learned bsl's name, that was in front of his home, A reporter was asking questions to a Sheriff. My instincts/life experience/observation was that this Sheriff is a man with a lot of experience and composure and that he had seen something upsetting and was very angry. I think he had self control and did not show his feelings except to say that it was a major crime scene.
That stood out to me.

Thanks for pointing that out...... :what: LE must have collected valuable items at his home or on his property to validate a crime.

I think this is why things get out of hand sometimes when a poster can't take no for an answer on an old subject. Beyond frustrating!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

When someone believes strongly in something it IS ok that they continue believing it. In my opinion, everyone can have their opinion regardless of how ridiculous it may be to others. I don't think any of us are here to say NO you cannot have that opinion. That is when people agree to disagree.

I've been lurking and reading posts about this. Very glad they arrested somebody. Just a quick ? I know cops said MS's bike was hit by a car but how do we know that this guy hit it? He could have just grabbed her and knocked her out and threw her bike out beside the road and somebody else could have hit it? Unfortantuley I think he killed her but we always have to have faith. He's a scum bag though :( Praying for the missing!

The wound on his neck makes me feel that MS didn't go easily or willingly. By the size of it, it probably bled profusely..and it sure doesn't look like it felt good. It had to be somewhat painful. There was probably too much forensic evidence in that truck to clean up.

I hope they find her soon. Continued prayers for peace for the family.

Kelly

I wonder if there was a fight over the knife. didn't think about it, but that wound would have bled a lot. Facial and neck wounds bleed a lot because there are tons of capillaries in those locations. You are right, there would have been a lot of blood in the truck or wherever -- enough for two pressure washers.

And btw I'm sure if LE didn't know for sure he had something to do with the disappearance I don't think they would have charged him 4 the crime. I feel so sorry for her family and her friend who she was last with :(

i dont think there are many bicycle bump and grabs because it's just plain stupid. it leaves evidence on their bike. it leaves evidence on your vehicle. you are linked to the crime scene. there is just no way out of it unless you get rid of your vehicle or repair, which makes you look suspicious. so IE, they're all idiots

I know he took the bike with him because he was removing evidence ,but I bet he was a bit stunned to see Mickey pictured on the bike in the media. Most people do not have pictures of them one their bikes. I bet it isnt the missing picture he expected to see so soon after her abduction.

I've been lurking and reading posts about this. Very glad they arrested somebody. Just a quick ? I know cops said MS's bike was hit by a car but how do we know that this guy hit it? He could have just grabbed her and knocked her out and threw her bike out beside the road and somebody else could have hit it? Unfortantuley I think he killed her but we always have to have faith. He's a scum bag though :( Praying for the missing!

welcome.

LE says they can place Brandon's truck at WB at around the time the bike was dumped there. they have his GPS and cell phone. i'm still not sure if it is the physical GPS machine thingy that they have or if it's the records from On Star or whatever built in system he may have had.

did we ever figure that out? i think it's a garmin type moveable GPS, but i can't say for sure

I thought sex offenders where not suppose to be near children ... Am I wrong on this ... An for any kids that have left alone with him I hope rape test are performed! Makes me sick to see such nasty person next to such a innocent young child!!!!

welcome.

LE says they can place Brandon's truck at WB at around the time the bike was dumped there. they have his GPS and cell phone. i'm still not sure if it is the physical GPS machine thingy that they have or if it's the records from On Star or whatever built in system he may have had.

did we ever figure that out? i think it's a garmin type moveable GPS, but i can't say for sure

Either garmin or my iPhone has gps and if location is turned on then you can trace the gps I believe! And thanks 4 the welcome :)

I thought sex offenders where not suppose to be near children ... Am I wrong on this ... An for any kids that have left alone with him I hope rape test are performed! Makes me sick to see such nasty person next to such a innocent young child!!!!

It's not black and white. There's lots of grey. It SHOULD be black and white. But, not all RSO's are child predators.

Sad O/T story: In college I met a girl whose stepfather molested her as a child. He served time, and when he got out he moved right back in with her and her mother! Had a sign up in the yard. She was embarrassed, everyone knew what he did to her, and he made her feel uncomfortable in her home until she finally moved out at 17 or 18. WHY WHY WHY did the mother move him back in the house after he hurt her little girl?! Some people just make me sick.

I'm attaching the recent booking mugshot with the red hypertrophic/ keloid type scar that is seen on the right side of BSL's neck. To me this scar seems to extend much further back on his neck than I first thought. The scar running back up his neck (behind the keloid area) is white in appearance to me. Do you all see this? This is a pretty long scar all in all. The keloid (red) area is at the end only and appears to be much deeper (and maybe wider) of a cut than the rest of the injury, JMO.

URL]

BSL's RSO record does not include this scar (I know this has been stated); his last verification date was May 28, 2012. Scars/Tattoos: Scar on Ribs (1 inch Surgical Scar on Left side) , Scar on Ribs (1 INCH SURGICAL SCAR ON L SIDE) , Scar on Hand (Surgery on right hand)
http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=1417897&AgencyID=54450

My point is that this is a long scar and the red area is very noticeable; if it's old, it would have been included in his RSO file. I think it's recent and the tip of it healed as a keloid scar. Wonder what his explanation is for this?

It's not black and white. There's lots of grey. It SHOULD be black and white. But, not all RSO's are child predators.

Sad O/T story: In college I met a girl whose stepfather molested her as a child. He served time, and when he got out he moved right back in with her and her mother! Had a sign up in the yard. She was embarrassed, everyone knew what he did to her, and he made her feel uncomfortable in her home until she finally moved out at 17 or 18. WHY WHY WHY did the mother move him back in the house after he hurt her little girl?! Some people just make me sick.

good gracious! that should be against the law. that's child endangerment! i've heard of the weak women that know their child is being molested but they are too afraid to report it or they "love" their husbands too much or whatever - weak weak weak, but to report it then have him move back in??!!! i've never heard of that one! i can't believe that's not against the law

Thanks for attaching the link to this photo of BSL at the beach. April 2011, right? I don't see the neck scar either and I think it's bigger than just the red part.

I'm attaching the recent booking mugshot with the red hypertrophic/ keloid type scar that is seen on the right side of BSL's neck. To me this scar seems to extend much further back on his neck than I first thought. The scar running back up his neck (behind the keloid area) is white in appearance to me. Do you all see this? This is a pretty long scar all in all. The keloid (red) area is at the end only and appears to be much deeper (and maybe wider) of a cut than the rest of the injury, JMO.

URL]

BSL's RSO record does not include this scar (I know this has been stated); his last verification date was May 28, 2012. Scars/Tattoos: Scar on Ribs (1 inch Surgical Scar on Left side) , Scar on Ribs (1 INCH SURGICAL SCAR ON L SIDE) , Scar on Hand (Surgery on right hand)
http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=1417897&AgencyID=54450

My point is that this is a long scar and the red area is very noticeable; if it's old, it would have been included in his RSO file. I think it's recent and the tip of it healed as a keloid scar. Wonder what his explanation is for this?

right. it's jagged both as a line and depth wise, like a struggled gash - not straight and varying depth.

when do they make these notes of scars on the RSO sites? when would the last note of scars have been made?

For the locals--Counter Culture Frozen Yogurt will donate a percent of sales from Friday July 13th at 5pm to Sunday July 15th at 8pm to help find Mickey.

good gracious! that should be against the law. that's child endangerment! i've heard of the weak women that know their child is being molested but they are too afraid to report it or they "love" their husbands too much or whatever - weak weak weak, but to report it then have him move back in??!!! i've never heard of that one! i can't believe that's not against the law

Oh, it was totally illegal! He was not supposed to be around the girl. But the mother was one of those women who put her man before her child. I know he registered that as his address, b/c there was a sign in the yard. But I think what the mother did was, claim the girl was now living with a relative. Only she wasn't, she lived in the house with the mother and the sicko. But the state didn't know that. I can't believe a neighbor or family member didn't turn the mother in.

agreed, but still the story is shocking because he obviously didn't "need" to force women to be with him. i know it's a control thing with predators, but he has lots of willing ladies in his past. why would a guy like this WANT to propose and marry? he was supposedly wanting to marry his girlfriend of i think 9 mos, yet all the while he kidnaps a woman and asks out another and who knows what other shenanigans he had going on?
Well, to be fair, all we know is that his girlfriend was "talking marriage" not that he was. Who knows what that meant, kwim? It could have been her saying she could see herself marrying this guy, not that they were talking about it together or that BSL had any intention of marrying her.

But aside from that, I don't really know why he would want to (because we know he'd married in the past). Maybe he battles internal demons and wants to do normal things hoping that would make him normal. Or maybe he was trying to portray normalcy to be a better predator. Either way, he's a sick dude.

right. it's jagged both as a line and depth wise, like a struggled gash - not straight and varying depth.

when do they make these notes of scars on the RSO sites? when would the last note of scars have been made?

The RSO site says he was verified on May 28, 2012. I suspect that they ask him if there were any changes address, vehicle, etc., including changes to his physical status (scars, tats). Braces aren't listed either (if that's accurate). They may have trusted his response without doing any body search. Be nice to find out what's what on this verification process.

Still catching up and I apologize if someone has addressed this. It may be a state law, I do not know. But I believe high level sex offenders are prohibited from being around children for so many years after their release. This applies even if their crime had nothing to do with children.

This may not be the case here. A friend lives in Illinois and it is definitely a law there. Quite certain it has nothing to do with probation term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman