LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do scars after a swan ganz catheter/picc line (or other jugular access) look like? Does anyone know? I've only seen them put in... It crossed my mind but I'm thinking his scar is too low for that... AND he would have had to be in a VERY DIRE situation to have had one of those... just trying to figure out that scar...
moo

ETA: for those wondering about placement... this is what I am talking about.
http://crashingpatient.com/wp-content/images/part1/new supraclav technique2.jpg

I have had several Subclavian central lines, several years ago, and the scars I have are very small and look like chicken pox scars. I don't know if this is what you are talking about though.

WOW! :what: so now we know that he shipped out from Venice and that he wasn't very faithful to his girlfriend either.
It's not surprising to me in the least, that one who is capable of sexual battery and possible aggravated kidnapping and 1st degree murder, is capable of lying to girlfriends. :moo:

For what it's worth, I am of the understanding that there are 3 relevant family men. Hopefully this will eliminate some confusion, sorry I'm not allowed to share links:
- birthfather/biological father, whatever you want to call it - we know nothing about him and we don't even know if BSL knows anything himself
- adoptive father - Mrs. Lavergne's ex-husband (they must have gotten divorced fairly early in BSL's life), apparently still alive but sick
- adoptive stepfather - Mrs. Lavergne's deceased (2009) husband whose obituary some posters here have referred to - from what I gather he married her when the boys were young and adopted both (they have HIS last name)

Mrs. Lavergne is both a divorcee and a widow.

I'm adopted and in no way biologically related to my adoptive parents... everyone says I look JUST like them and nobody ever suspects I'm adopted :)

My oldest daughter is forever being told she looks just my husband who I didnt met until she was 4.

The obituary that I found for the husband refers to one daughter and two stepsons (BSL and brother). I came across it a few days ago and was confused by the fact that they share the same last name, but are referred to as step sons (also a granddaughter w/ same last name in Texas). I can't link it, because it requires a subscription to Ancestry.com, but it was published in the Advertiser on August 28, 2009. I did print it, but not sure if I can upload a scanned copy. JMO

Originally Posted by kseal07
http://www.theind.com/news/10922-cro...-wound-on-neck

Crowley hairdresser: Lavergne had ‘knife’ wound on neck

Written by Leslie Turk **
Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Brandon Scott Lavergne’s last hair appointment with Holly Bourriague was June 20, one month after 21-year-old Mickey Shunick went missing. The stylist noticed a cut on his neck that she says appeared to be a knife wound.

'BSL, may have went to Holly Bourriague, rather than go to his regular hairdresser, due to the recent cut on his neck'. The recent cut would have prolly raised his regular hairdresser's hinky meter. Hair shops are mini Cajun Nets...

The wound on his neck makes me feel that MS didn't go easily or willingly. By the size of it, it probably bled profusely..and it sure doesn't look like it felt good. It had to be somewhat painful. There was probably too much forensic evidence in that truck to clean up.

I hope they find her soon. Continued prayers for peace for the family.

Kelly

Too bad Mickey didn't hit his jugular with her bite!

Currently twice as many guests viewing than members participating -- register and get involved!

WOW! so now we know that he shipped out from Venice and that he wasn't very faithful to his girlfriend either.

Actually, we know he was going offshore the next day out of Venice and that he asked a woman for a date and had spoken to her on the phone.

We don't know if he always goes offshore out of Venice or always comes in there.

We don't know if he and the girlfriend were even together anymore. Supposedly her family was after her to stop seeing him, in which case, if she did, and they had split up, than he was not unfaithful to anyone.

First post and not trying to changed the subject. I've spent days trying to read up on this case and hopefully I didn't miss this info. Apologies if I missed this earlier.

Does anyone know if BSL owns a 4wheeler? Was wondering if he could have had one in the back of WT? (then had a way to leave the area where he burned the truck).

Anyone else hearing that it was his mom who actually called and reported him what I'm hearing is that she saw the bite and scratch marks knew about his truck catching on fire an knows his past so she reported him wondering if anyone else is hearing the same stories ...

http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-s-truck-found-burned-in-texas/

Lavergne's truck found burned in Texas
Posted: Jul 6, 2012 7:41 PM by Erin Steuber
Updated: Jul 7, 2012 4:41 PM

There are multiple updates to this story. Please click here to get the latest information.

As you recall, a white Chevy Silverado, possibly a model Z-71, was identified as a vehicle of interest after surveillance video was released; Showing Mickey riding her bike at the same time the truck was headed down St. Landry. Police say that truck was Lavergne's and he was driving. Police believe he quickly dumped the vehicle, days after those pictures were released. Deputies in San Jacinto Texas say they found a truck in their county, on May 31, burned. But Lafayette police didn't get the tip until the middle of June.

San Jacinto is approximately an hour's drive north from Houston. Lavergne's truck was found burned only days after Lafayette police released photographs of the truck as a vehicle of interest. But it wasn't until June 14th, when an unknown caller phoned the tip line, relaying the information about the burned truck in Texas.
It still bothers me that such a similar truck was found burned around the same time: http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/pasa...cle_b6926ad2-fd67-543c-a416-c53ec5a8b88e.html
Could LE have a reason for not wanting to be clear about where and the truck was found?
These lines in particular stand out to me:
"The vehicle was stripped of all of its contents, which could indicate that the truck was stolen before it was put on fire, Krueger said.

On Monday, a worker from a nearby industrial complex reported that his vehicle was stolen. He said he had just learned of the fire in the morning.

Krueger said it is unclear why the man hadn’t reported his vehicle stolen earlier."

Sorry if OT, but I was catching up.

http://www.theind.com/news/10922-crowley-hairdresser-lavergne-had-knife-wound-on-neck

Crowley hairdresser: Lavergne had ‘knife’ wound on neck

Written by Leslie Turk **
Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Brandon Scott Lavergne’s last hair appointment with Holly Bourriague was June 20, one month after 21-year-old Mickey Shunick went missing. The stylist noticed a cut on his neck that she says appeared to be a knife wound.

This mugshot from the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center shows what appears to be
a scar healing on Lavergne's lower right neck.
“It kind of looked like he would have gotten stabbed or something,” says Bourriague, who works at the SmartStyle salon in the Crowley Walmart. “It looked like it had been the size of a knife [cut].” Bourriague says she could not tell how old the wound was but does not remember noticing it before.

<modsnip>
[Editor's Note: This story has been altered to reflect that Bourriague says she is uncertain what type of cut was on Lavergne's neck, saying only that it could have been made by a knife.]

Anyone else hearing that it was his mom who actually called and reported him what I'm hearing is that she saw the bite and scratch marks knew about his truck catching on fire an knows his past so she reported him wondering if anyone else is hearing the same stories ...

Hadn't heard that, but interesting nonetheless. If she did, that was mighty brave of her.

Have not heard or read anything like this - source?

ETA: I thought Mrs. Lavergne said in her statement to KATC that she and her family were finding out about all of this one article/FB post at a time just like everyone else...
Leads me to believe she probably wasn't THE main tipster, though she has said she will cooperate with questioning.

Maybe the rumor mill has its wires crossed...

JMO - I think he was the one who had the knife, and Mickey turned it on him, wounding him. Any way that LE can derive how fresh that wound is?

The previous victim said that something sharp was pressed into her side.

I know this is likely just a stretch of the imagination, but, tell me, is there some sort of Internet Forum where these freaks are posting how to abduct a woman to attack her or what?

This crime sounds eerily similar to what could have happened to Mickey. :(

ETA: The perp has since been arrested.

The woman was riding a bicycle west on Stafford Avenue, near Cameron Village, around 2:30 a.m. June 18, when a man driving a small, dark SUV hit her rear tire as she approached the intersection of Stafford and Chamberlain Street, police said Thursday.

The man put the bike on top of his SUV and offered her a ride home, but instead, he drove less than a half-mile to Horse Track Alley off Clark Avenue and tried to rape her.
Investigators said the woman was able to escape but left behind the bicycle.

Police released two surveillance photos of the man and his SUV, although they did not say where the photos were taken.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/11262355/

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/07/02/2174839/man-arrested-in-attempted-rape.html#storylink=rss

The other day I made a comment here on how I thought she was a very brave woman who made a statement such as she did a few days ago.

IF what you say is true, I commend her again. That was a brave thing to do as well.

The young lady in NC was riding a bike as was Tara Hawkins in Jacksonville, FL was as well. There was some discussion here if they were connected as I10 goes to Jacksonville and up the coast to close to Raleigh NC.

Maybe they see these ideas on tv shows, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3