LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else hearing that it was his mom who actually called and reported him what I'm hearing is that she saw the bite and scratch marks knew about his truck catching on fire an knows his past so she reported him wondering if anyone else is hearing the same stories ...

Haven't heard this but JMO I don't think she did just for the fact that she stated about how shocked the family was about his arrest in her statement to the public.

I don't think sexual predators need to get ideas from TV shows or from other crimes...they see a woman, they don't care if they are on a bike, on foot or getting into her car...and they react. JMO

I don't know if it's true that's why I was asking the girl who told me said that she got her info from someone working the case so it's down the line kind of stuff. My thought on her statement she could be talking about the process because I highly doubt she's just finding out her son just bought a truck an stuff of that nature as we are could be wrong idk ... An to me she made a public apology soon an most people usually go into shock an denial but Thats only my opinion

But even if there are several Brandon Lavergnes living in Houston, how many of them could have had a truck registered to them that was burnt in Texas, and then rented a car in Texas, and drove it to Louisiana and returned it? Most likely, it's the same guy...

Nothing in what the agent for the rental company stated says that he had information that the Brandon Lavergne renting the Aveo was renting it because a truck registered to the renter was stolen and burnt.

I also find the conflicting dates that the car rental person posted conflict with the dates that the trucks was reported stolen/burnt to be off.

There has been nothing "confirmed" by Admins, that the information given by the car rental person is infact confirmed as true.

There are many rental data bases that one could punch in the name Brandon Lavergne, and something come up. The car rental person said that was what they did. Just searched the name, and that was what they found.

IMO, ofcourse

It still bothers me that such a similar truck was found burned around the same time: http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/pasa...cle_b6926ad2-fd67-543c-a416-c53ec5a8b88e.html
Could LE have a reason for not wanting to be clear about where and the truck was found?
These lines in particular stand out to me:
"The vehicle was stripped of all of its contents, which could indicate that the truck was stolen before it was put on fire, Krueger said.

On Monday, a worker from a nearby industrial complex reported that his vehicle was stolen. He said he had just learned of the fire in the morning.

Krueger said it is unclear why the man hadn’t reported his vehicle stolen earlier."

Sorry if OT, but I was catching up.

I don't think the trucks are similar 2004-2008 extended cab vs 2011 4dr z71. I'm not great at posting pictures but they are different in length and doors. I thought they were specific on location too. There was more information at the link, plus vin nbrs show it was his truck in Texas. Here's the map where bsl truck was found

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...-truck-found-Texas?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

And the link again talking about bsl truck being found, the link you posted isn't connected to ms case to my knowledge.
http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-s-truck-found-burned-in-texas/

And with that I'm outta here for a while, I'm getting frustrated and that doesn't need to happen. Sorry

Just wondering. Has the levee road north of I-10 near WB been searched. It is a very dark road at night and leads up to Hwy 190 which would lead all the way back to where he lives. He could have dumped her somewhere between WB and Krotz Springs.

I wonder if there is any correlation between the accelerant used in the truck fire, and the accelerant used in BSL's white house that burned down (if it was determined to be arson?)
Detection of fire accelerants is the process that a fire investigator uses to determine if fire accelerants were used at a fire scene. This process involves a combination of both field work and laboratory analysis by fire investigators and chemists.

In order for a positive identification of a fire accelerant to occur both field work and laboratory analysis must take place. This is because when a fire accelerant is used only ignitable liquid residues (ILRs) remain at the scene.

It is the chemists job to identify these ILRs and the investigators job to determine if they were used as fire accelerants or just present at the scene under normal circumstances.

It's not surprising to me in the least, that one who is capable of sexual battery and possible aggravated kidnapping and 1st degree murder, is capable of lying to girlfriends. :moo:

agreed, but still the story is shocking because he obviously didn't "need" to force women to be with him. i know it's a control thing with predators, but he has lots of willing ladies in his past. why would a guy like this WANT to propose and marry? he was supposedly wanting to marry his girlfriend of i think 9 mos, yet all the while he kidnaps a woman and asks out another and who knows what other shenanigans he had going on?

I don't think sexual predators need to get ideas from TV shows or from other crimes...they see a woman, they don't care if they are on a bike, on foot or getting into her car...and they react. JMO

A sexual predator doesn't have to see an idea to develop it in their mind. Another poster asked if there was some place these people got ideas from since there have been 3 bump & grabs recently. I said they may have gotten it from watching a tv show. I find it unusual since there have not been many disappearances from bicycles that are known about that recently we have had 3 close together. So it is possible that some tv show this past spring had an incident that put the idea into the back of their heads.

Kseal- that truck is a different truck, not BSL's.

and hopefully LE already searched the levee road up to KS!

Nothing in what the agent for the rental company stated says that he had information that the Brandon Lavergne renting the Aveo was renting it because a truck registered to the renter was stolen and burnt.

I also find the conflicting dates that the car rental person posted conflict with the dates that the trucks was reported stolen/burnt to be off.

There has been nothing "confirmed" by Admins, that the information given by the car rental person is infact confirmed as true.

There are many rental data bases that one could punch in the name Brandon Lavergne, and something come up. The car rental person said that was what they did. Just searched the name, and that was what they found.

IMO, ofcourse

I thought that since the person who reported this here worked for a car rental he/she could probably also see address, and other info and was able to match it to what was known about the suspect.

I am also still confused about all of the various reports of when the vehicle was burned and will wait until LE clarifies it. I know they said it was the same day it was reported stolen, or that it was the same day that it was found, but not sure which is correct, or if in fact all three things happened on the same day, 5/31.

JMO - I think he was the one who had the knife, and Mickey turned it on him, wounding him. Any way that LE can derive how fresh that wound is?

The previous victim said that something sharp was pressed into her side.

i think this too. like an arm wrestle. the jaggedness of the scar makes it look like it was a struggled slice. not sure if i'm explaining myself well. :waitasec:

also, for those who think it looks like a 9 month old scar etc, i see your point somewhat, but i've noticed that scars will reach a certain point and stay the same reddish way for a while. 4 months from now that scar most likely will look very similar just more purplish rather than red, maybe. just tossing that thought out there

this is the 4th time i've asked this question and i still don't think anyone has answered me. i apologize for asking again if y'all have and i overlooked the answer. are the 2 trucks in front of circle K both brandon's truck?

Actually, we know he was going offshore the next day out of Venice and that he asked a woman for a date and had spoken to her on the phone.

We don't know if he always goes offshore out of Venice or always comes in there.

We don't know if he and the girlfriend were even together anymore. Supposedly her family was after her to stop seeing him, in which case, if she did, and they had split up, than he was not unfaithful to anyone.

We don't know that he was going offshore. We only know he said he was going offshore.

this is the 4th time i've asked this question and i still don't think anyone has answered me. i apologize for asking again if y'all have and i overlooked the answer. are the 2 trucks in front of circle K both brandon's truck?

That's been debated back and forth. The other day during the press conference the news channel showed both trucks in front of Circle k as the Chief was talking about the truck. Did they find out for sure tha it's the same, I don't know, sorry.

No, it is reportedly not the same truck, so in other words BSL did not go back out the way he came.

Edit to add: I think we have spent more time on the DWT than the media has!

There was the report that 3 vehicles were ruled out-so that had to be the east bound white truck,the hoopty, and the truck on university.

Birds of a feather... I am sure they "share stories" and if you can hire a "hit man " online... Some sort of scavenger hunt, geo-chaching, war on women sexual offender "game"? Yep I'd be willing to bet there is! ~moo

ETA: that was supposed to be a multiple quote to Wondergirl as well...

A sexual predator doesn't have to see an idea to develop it in their mind. Another poster asked if there was some place these people got ideas from since there have been 3 bump & grabs recently. I said they may have gotten it from watching a tv show. I find it unusual since there have not been many disappearances from bicycles that are known about that recently we have had 3 close together. So it is possible that some tv show this past spring had an incident that put the idea into the back of their heads.

i dont think there are many bicycle bump and grabs because it's just plain stupid. it leaves evidence on their bike. it leaves evidence on your vehicle. you are linked to the crime scene. there is just no way out of it unless you get rid of your vehicle or repair, which makes you look suspicious. so IE, they're all idiots

agreed, but still the story is shocking because he obviously didn't "need" to force women to be with him. i know it's a control thing with predators, but he has lots of willing ladies in his past. why would a guy like this WANT to propose and marry? he was supposedly wanting to marry his girlfriend of i think 9 mos, yet all the while he kidnaps a woman and asks out another and who knows what other shenanigans he had going on?

BBM

Dating and/or marrying is his cover life. BTK Dennis Rader was married and had two children, was very active in his church. Ted Bundy had a girfriend. Makes it easier to carry out their REAL life - it is misdirection - if you have a wife, children, or date regularly, no one looks close enough to suspect an alternate life.

idk if anyone knows for sure! i've seen people say that LE said they ruled at 3 VOI which would mean that would mean that the 2nd truck wouldn't be brandon's truck. but we are not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth