LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not me.

I have sadly resigned myself to the fact that much to my dismay,unless another person is involved, or they have the wrong person, I don't see how she can still be alive. Even if BSL left her with food and water locked in a building somewhere,it has now been almost 2 months.

Recent articles are stating that not only have they been watching/following BSL since he came in from offshore, but even prior to that-possibly even before 6/14. He apparently has not gone anywhere that has led LE to Mickey sequestered alive somewhere.

My heart breaks for Mickeys family and the loss of their precious child, for our community that many innocently believed to be safe from predators, and for BSLs family, who out of love and compassion willingly accepted BSL into their lives. This is a tragedy for everyone involved. There are no winners here.

no. not that they will find her alive, just her body. i am encouraged about the leads and searches that the article talked about. before that article, i was afraid they wouldn't find her body, but i think they will

This is not a fact but floating around town is that he did not only have a bite mark but also scratches he had went to new Orleans to seek medical help ... Again I don't know how true this is I know the bite mark has been brought up but not sure of the rest

Hi y'all, i heard that too! I heard he went to the hospital either in Metarie or Kenner (I can't remember which one)
Not sure how true it is.

Not that it really matters either way, but I noticed that people are referring to BSL's mother as his step mom, does that mean that BSL's father is the bio father & his wife adopted BSL that way?
Would that mean that his brother is his half brother?

Hi y'all, i heard that too. I think it was Kenner.
This is my very first post on a forum, ever. Forgive me if I mess up.

He went to alot of trouble to cover things up including whiting out his RSO status on his license, reporting his truck stolen, burning up his truck, buying an identical truck, filing a hearing date to have his RSO status removed.

Do you honestly think he wouldn't hide a knife scar on his neck, bite wound or scratches if any of those were related to his attack on Mickey? I'm sure he can back those up or they would have been covered up too. He's not that stupid.

He is a mechanic. Could be related to that.

no. not that they will find her alive, just her body. i am encouraged about the leads and searches that the article talked about. before that article, i was afraid they wouldn't find her body, but i think they will

I hope they do, and soon, but don't feel very confident about it. But I am hoping they have some good data that they are working off for the searches. I can't help thinking she is not too far from where her bike was left; I am trying to picture him on that night and can't imagine he would want to pull over too many times and take the risk of being seen. We know (more or less) that he must have done so at WB. Would he stop again?

If there was a violent altercation between him and Mickie, I think it is more likely that he disposed of her quickly, i.e. not take her to his home.

Not that it really matters either way, but I noticed that people are referring to BSL's mother as his step mom, does that mean that BSL's father is the bio father & his wife adopted BSL that way?
Would that mean that his brother is his half brother?

no. if i'm not mistaken. cynthia lavergne is the woman who adopted him at birth. the father situation i'm not sure of, but Joshua, the brother is Cynthia's biological son to a Mr. Lavergne who is either sick or dead. I still haven't gotten the father stuff straight because i think she married twice.

He went to alot of trouble to cover things up including whiting out his RSO status on his license, reporting his truck stolen, burning up his truck, buying an identical truck, filing a hearing date to have his RSO status removed.

Do you honestly think he wouldn't hide a knife scar on his neck, bite wound or scratches if any of those were related to his attack on Mickey? I'm sure he can back those up or they would have been covered up too. He's not that stupid.

no i don't think he'd cover it up, i think he'd just lie about it. he can't walk around in turtle necks and long sleeves with gloves on with 110 heat index

i think that scar on his neck looks like an older scar. After only 5 or 6 wks..wouldn't it still have some red around it or completely not healed being that deep?

To me it looks like a hypertrophic scar. They can remain red.

Not much more new information, but...per KATC broadcast

Since conference, tips to Adella have doubled; he’s brought on more staff and has teams of ATV’s in and out of state.

Calls to tip line have more susbstance per Mouton – more direct; have areas and more information about him of where he’s been or might have gone.

this is good news! i'm thinking that anyone who saw him - at a gas station, at a fast food joint, wherever, is going to remember him if he really was cut up. their recollections will help LE and Abdella put together a timeline of his whereabouts. Hopefully it can shed some light on where he put Mickey and or rule out places - hopefully that Texas forest can be ruled out. Yikes, i'd hate to think they'd have to search there, but i'm afraid they will

I am well aware of all of his attempted coverups. Which is why, if it is true, he went out of town to seek medical attention.

Again, wish we knew when he got them because if it was recent you bet your sweet bippy that he is trying to realign his teeth to cover from a bite mark, rumored on MS.

Okay, unless I am terribly mistaken, it was supposed him that had the bite mark on his hand, alledgedly, not that Mickey had his bite marks on her...so unless he bit himself, I would assume that the bite mark on his hand came from Mickey, so see no reason why he would need to change his bite. I do agree it could be to change his appearance, but I find that highly doubtful as well. JMO

no i don't think he'd cover it up, i think he'd just lie about it. he can't walk around in turtle necks and long sleeves with gloves on with 110 heat index

My son has a big scar like that from a jet ski accident caused from a handle that cut his neck. It looked like that about 9 months after. I don't think it was from Mickey.

He could wear a bandage to hide it or even make up. My sister is a nurse anesthetist and works for a plastic surgeon. She said they have make up to cover scars like that.

Some shirts made could cover that too and doesn't have to be a turtle neck.

This is not a fact but floating around town is that he did not only have a bite mark but also scratches he had went to new Orleans to seek medical help ... Again I don't know how true this is I know the bite mark has been brought up but not sure of the rest

It's possible. I have wondered if he was on his way offshore and had to be at a heliport for 6 or 7AM or so and swung through Lafayette on his way to wherever he was going. He may have gone onto I10, WB and to an ER on his way offshore if that is the case, especially if he went out of Venice.

http://www.theind.com/news/10922-crowley-hairdresser-lavergne-had-knife-wound-on-neck

Crowley hairdresser: Lavergne had ‘knife’ wound on neck

Written by Leslie Turk **
Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Brandon Scott Lavergne’s last hair appointment with Holly Bourriague was June 20, one month after 21-year-old Mickey Shunick went missing. The stylist noticed a cut on his neck that she says appeared to be a knife wound.

<modsnip>

WOW! :what: so now we know that he shipped out from Venice and that he wasn't very faithful to his girlfriend either.

no. if i'm not mistaken. cynthia lavergne is the woman who adopted him at birth. the father situation i'm not sure of, but Joshua, the brother is Cynthia's biological son to a Mr. Lavergne who is either sick or dead. I still haven't gotten the father stuff straight because i think she married twice.
According to Mr. lavergne's obituary, both boys were his stepsons and he also had a bio daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3