Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No heart, he still raped her.

I never said he didn't rape her I said according to her testimony in the report said told him she was a virgin so he didn't rape her vaginally.

In our wonderful country you are innocent until proven guilty. It is for the judge and jury to decide. Just because someone is arrested doesn't mean their guilty. I myself feel he is guilty just from what I've read so far but he could be innocent and his past makes him a target. I don't know until all the evidence comes in. Some people said he was bullied in HS and has no male friends. Maybe somebody hated him enough to set him up for this crime. I'm just being open-minded and not a lynch mob until all the facts are in.

Seems like the material has been turned up - intentionally hiding it?

i'm sure his attys told him about it being an issue, so yes, it does look like the inside material of the collar was torn and turned up to hide it. sneaky *advertiser censored*. can i say that on here?

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...Mickey-Shunick-case?odyssey=mod|breaking|art2

Been re-watching, re-reading, etc., as I was rushing to get caught up on this thread yesterday.

One thing from the video linked above, which struck me as being of particular interest: the spokesperson stated that LE was treating the residence as a crime scene.

We also learned that the skirting was removed from the home by LE, and that a couple of pieces of the skirting were confiscated by LE.

So we have a crime scene. Question is: what crime was committed here?

I think he killed her and probably did some unmentionable things to her in that home. As for the siding, and their search underneath. I tend to believe he may have hid her under there until he could bring the body to another location, and possibly while he went off shore. Think about it, buzzards would still circle, but no one would find her in the field.

I think he killed her and probably did some unmentionable things to her in that home. As for the siding, and their search underneath. I tend to believe he may have hid her under there until he could bring the body to another location, and possibly while he went off shore. Think about it, buzzards would still circle, but no one would find her in the field.

I think he may have wrapped her in a tarp or put her inside some kind of container and transported her in the bed of his truck to some remote spot, possibly in Texas, or somewhere en route between his home and Coldspring, where his burned out truck was found. JMO

:tears:Aww.. he has PLENTY of time to sleep! In his cell all alone!!!

Seems the much-talked-about scar is not showing in this one.

Seems like the material has been turned up - intentionally hiding it?
:phone: I'm sure the "scar" is making him look bad!... IMO the "scar" IS RELATED to the case and LE has been advised because it is considered "evidence" it must be hidden from potential jurors!
I'm sure his attys told him about it being an issue

:nevermind:

:whistle:

Seems the much-talked-about scar is not showing in this one.

And it won't be showing in court with a coat and tie.

I liked the previous pic with the greasy forehead, five o'clock shadow, and Mickey's nail marks on his jugular!

Have no clue about Sharlo, never heard of it. But I see what you're saying, the crime scene was right next door and they were curious. You'd think the police would give SOME kind of information to people living in the immediate vicinity...but if something happened at my neighbor's and the police refused to tell me, I think I'd ask if I could be in danger--if they said yes, I'd pack my bags and leave! If they said no, I'd go back in my house and try to resist tampering with a crime scene. But I can see how a guy in his 20's would have a different approach than I would.

I think if he knew it was a crime scene of a murder he wouldn't have gone in. He didn't know what had happened until he saw where it had happened. That definitely freaked him out and he left.

If he has a juvenile record that has been sealed, under these circumstances a judge could open it correct? Just wondering if perhaps his fascination with fire has a history beyond rumor.

Just trying to understand why he did not return for his senior year of HS--or did he choose to leave the school or was he asked or was it recommended that he leave the school due to some er...activities?

Mooing very loud hear.

I never said he didn't rape her I said according to her testimony in the report said told him she was a virgin so he didn't rape her vaginally.

In our wonderful country you are innocent until proven guilty. It is for the judge and jury to decide. Just because someone is arrested doesn't mean their guilty. I myself feel he is guilty just from what I've read so far but he could be innocent and his past makes him a target. I don't know until all the evidence comes in. Some people said he was bullied in HS and has no male friends. Maybe somebody hated him enough to set him up for this crime. I'm just being open-minded and not a lynch mob until all the facts are in.

Yes, not convicted yet. There are plenty of wrongly convicted indivuals put to death and many more sitting in jail tonight.

I am quite certain he is responsible for Mickey's disappearance but I am not convinced how intentional it all was.

This may be a stupid question, but I read that the assistant district attorney will be prosecuting the case. I would think that in a city the size of Lafayette, that this would be considered a high-profile case. (it would be in most cities, I would think). Is it normal that an asst da and not the district attorney would prosecute such a case?

Yes, not convicted yet. There are plenty of wrongly convicted indivuals put to death and many more sitting in jail tonight.

I am quite certain he is responsible for Mickey's disappearance but I am not convinced how intentional it all was.

here's what i'm wondering

if the DA has good solid evidence that he killed her, could he try to say, well yes, i accidentally hit her while she was riding her bike. she was dead when i got out of the truck. i panicked and hid her body. you know the whole scenario that we talked about for so long before his arrest. could he lie and use this if they don't have evidence to prove otherwise. if he does do this, the charge would change from Murder 1, right?

BSL attending church the first weekend of June in Crowley fits in to my speculation that he drove back to Lafayette via I10 to return the rental car and stopped by his moms on the way It is possible he attended with his mother. She lives in Rayne, which is right next to Crowley. I think at one time he lived in Rayne himself. Northside Assembly of God church, as well as several other churches in the area work with InnerFaith Prison Ministry
( http://www.innerfaithpm.org/_/Home.html) and have people who go in to the prisons and talk to prisoners. He may have spoken with someone with the ministry prior to releaseand started attending this church when he was released. Where he currently lives in Swords it is now about a 45 minute drive for him if he is to go to Crowley to attend church, so it is understandable to me that he does not attend there regularly, not to mention he is probably offshore on many Sunday.

Something is wrong it appears with the date though,as June 4th was a Monday, and not a Sunday. June 4th was reportedly the date he returned the car to a Lafayette rental company, according to the timeline: June 4, 2012, 4:57 p.m.: BSL returns rental car.

While we've learned about his incarceration for a sex crime, and his history of domestic abuse, we've now learned during the Shunick search, Lavergne was in Crowley attending church.

The pastor at Northside Assembly of God, which is located in Crowley, says Lavergne first started attending services after he got out of prison.

Lavergne was first introduced to Northside through their prison rehabilitation ministries program, and up until recently, Pastor Singley says Lavergne had not been attending.

However he was at their church service June 4th of this year. Less than a month after Mickey Shunick went missing. Which was right in the middle of the massive search for answers.

http://www.klfy.com/story/18959578/arrest-made-in

Feeling guilty much?

This may be a stupid question, but I read that the assistant district attorney will be prosecuting the case. I would think that in a city the size of Lafayette, that this would be considered a high-profile case. (it would be in most cities, I would think). Is it normal that an asst da and not the district attorney would prosecute such a case?

i too wondered about this. what kind of nonsense is that!!??

High school drop out rate in Louisiana in 1997 was 11.6%

He wasn't the only one dropping out.

http://nces.ed.gov/pubs99/1999082.pdf

If he has a juvenile record that has been sealed, under these circumstances a judge could open it correct? Just wondering if perhaps his fascination with fire has a history beyond rumor.

Just trying to understand why he did not return for his senior year of HS--or did he choose to leave the school or was he asked or was it recommended that he leave the school due to some er...activities?

Mooing very loud hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member