LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here BunnyHop.
I wish a local would ask permission to go and take a look... or the owners would take a walk out there..
Someone with the stomach for what may be found.

This neighbor lives right there. There are fields and woods all around. She is familiar with the usual activity, so for her to say that---- well.

The article did state LE had police dogs there.

It is possible he took her home that night. :moo:

Here's a map a member kindly provided

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...0&ll=30.50908,-92.244982&spn=0.00183,0.003484

JMO but I believe she was at BSL property due to the fact that he changed his skirting board, if she wasn't I'd say he is connected to another homicide.

No- DTL (Derek Todd Lee) watched women at cemeteries and abducted Trinesha Dene Colomb from her mother's grave in Scott, not BSL. Just trying to think of if perhaps sick minds think alike and BSL may have put Mickey by a cemetery he used to like to frequent.

Just a clarification: Dene's mother is buried at the Catholic church at Grand Coteau, in between Opelousas and Lafayette. Dene was abducted while mourning at the cemetery up there (her mom had only died of cancer two years or so previously), and her body was discovered at the back of a remote field off of Renaud Drive in Scott.

From what I was told when speaking to her father once, Dene was injured but alive when DTL drug her to where her body was eventually discovered. It had been raining, and the footsteps showed that Dene was stumbling and faltering, but certainly still ambulatory. Autopsy showed that Dene had been beaten to death.

It's much easier to move a living victim than it is to move dead weight...Even if the weight is only 100 lbs or so.

Megsy, in thread 33 you posted:

Things I'd love to add to the timeline (a girl can dream on some of these):

1. When the woman at the dealership reported that he'd altered his license.

2. When he purchased his new vehicle.

3. His exact work schedule.

4. What port he worked out of.

5. What was seen on the video from the Advertiser cameras (and at what time).

Do we have a link validating that a woman at a dealership reported BSL altered his license? Thanks!

He may have worked 24 hour call so he had no set schedule other than he may be going out for a week or two, or a few days.

He may have traveled to various platforms or rigs which would have had him taking a helicopter or boat out of various ports.

It has not been released what was seen on the Advertiser cameras.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Don't know if this has been brought up, but looking through BSL's Facebook account (before it got deactivated), I noticed that there was a guy on there who was previously listed as one of BSL's family member on his account. The family relation had been removed since the arrest (along with others).

The guy lives in Spring, TX. Doing some searching of the guy's name, he appears to own a meat processing company (e.g., for processing deer kills into meat). One of his properties is a vacant lot a bit south of the Sam Houston National Forest on a street called Deep Woods Trail (google it).

Interestingly, the guy's wife just two days ago "LIKED" KATC on Facebook (presumably to follow the story...).

The guy's wife is also friend with another Houston-area woman that also listed BSL as a Facebook friend.

Should I list any of these people's names, Facebook accounts, etc.? Or is that not allowed?

Please, no names and no Facebook links. Thanks.

This neighbor lives right there. There are fields and woods all around. She is familiar with the usual activity, so for her to say that---- well.

The article did state LE had police dogs there.
It is possible he took her home that night. :moo:

Here's a map a member kindly provided

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...0&ll=30.50908,-92.244982&spn=0.00183,0.003484

Thanks for the map link. I'll look at in in a moment.
Police dogs? Bloodhound or cadaver? :maddening:

Don't know if this has been brought up, but looking through BSL's Facebook account (before it got deactivated), I noticed that there was a guy on there who was previously listed as one of BSL's family member on his account. The family relation had been removed since the arrest (along with others).

The guy lives in Spring, TX. Doing some searching of the guy's name, he appears to own a meat processing company (e.g., for processing deer kills into meat). One of his properties is a vacant lot a bit south of the Sam Houston National Forest on a street called Deep Woods Trail (google it).

Interestingly, the guy's wife just two days ago "LIKED" KATC on Facebook (presumably to follow the story...).

The guy's wife is also friend with another Houston-area woman that also listed BSL as a Facebook friend.

Should I list any of these people's names, Facebook accounts, etc.? Or is that not allowed?

I would say no to posting names/links to fb out of protection to the innocent. However, interesting find of the property, I'm sure the owner will search or alert LE if there is a concern

Megsy, in thread 33 you posted:

Things I'd love to add to the timeline (a girl can dream on some of these):

1. When the woman at the dealership reported that he'd altered his license.

2. When he purchased his new vehicle.

3. His exact work schedule.

4. What port he worked out of.

5. What was seen on the video from the Advertiser cameras (and at what time).

Do we have a link validating that a woman at a dealership reported BSL altered his license? Thanks!

He may have worked 24 hour call so he had no set schedule other than he may be going out for a week or two, or a few days.

He may have traveled to various platforms or rigs which would have had him taking a helicopter or boat out of various ports.

It has not been released what was seen on the Advertiser cameras.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
We have a friend of hers reporting that on WS as well as Chief Craft answering a question about whether or not his license had been altered.

So in effect, no, there's no link :lol:

Thanks for the other info :)

:welcome:

I would say no to posting names/links to fb out of protection to the innocent. However, interesting find of the property, I'm sure the owner will search or alert LE if there is a concern

I honestly believe that entire account was fake. It also had a convicted serial arsonist/volunteer fireman from Acadia Parish as a friend.

I honestly believe that entire account was fake. It also had a convicted serial arsonist/volunteer fireman from Acadia Parish as a friend.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think it was fake?

BunnyHop, looking at the link you posted from another member, is his house on the same land as the burned out place?
Also looks like there are wooded areas there but not huge ones. More like strips of woods.
I pray they will all be searched again!
Especially after the findings I linked about vultures/buzzards and how long they will sometimes wait before descending on a food source.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think it was fake?

Tidbits only and putting it out there to support the TOS. Some people go great lengths to insert chaos into situations.

But since you asked, the misspelling and the arsonist friend, mostly.

add: I'm also relying on my memory which is on overload.

I don't think it was a fake because I found when the Spring FB friend friended the BSL account on the Spring friend's wall, and it was in late 2011, way before any of this happened. The other Houston-area woman that had friended the BSL account also had done so in 2011 (again figured out from her wall). It had 150+ friends (including his mom, a confirmed aunt and two confirmed cousins) where the people listed as family members had to have acknowledged the family relation at some time, no?

This map shows the general location of the property I referred to (no specific address). It would be consistent with BSL being familiar with the area. The Spring person also owns another property in the same general area.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Deep+Woods+Trail,+Conroe,+TX&hl=en&ll=30.130875,-94.630737&spn=1.810056,3.199768&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=52.505328,102.392578&oq=deep+woods+trail&hnear=Deep+Woods+Trail,+Conroe,+Montgomery,+Texas+77302&t=m&z=9"]Deep Woods Trail, Conroe, TX - Google Maps[/ame]

Ali Lowitzer disappeared from Spring, TX in 2010 walking from her bus toward home.

Not convinced that there's no correlation. Carrion is a term for rotting flesh, and is regularly used when describing the diets of birds of prey...like vultures. Perhaps these vultures were referred to as "carrion crows" by locals who didn't know better?

I was just saying that Carencro is not French. They are scavengers like buzzards do there is definitely that connection. Sorry if I came off any other way than helpful. I meant no disrespect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove