LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you are 100% correct. I mentioned that a long time ago when I was just trying to think where to hide a body. But I didn't know his connection with cemeteries. IMO now all of them in the area need to be searched. At night I believe he could bury her in a new grave where the dirt wasn't settled yet and easy to shovel. It shouldn't be hard to look up all the deaths and where they were buried in the past month or two before Mickey was abducted. I think so anyway. I don't think death certificates show the cemetary, but obituaries do. Just a thought and JMO.

That is a good thought, but aren't graves above ground over there? I know in Terrebonne Parish and most of South, LA they are above ground. It might make the search a little more difficult there. Not saying that your theory is wrong, just saying it may complicate that type of search. :)

That is a good thought, but aren't graves above ground over there? I know in Terrebonne Parish and most of South, LA they are above ground. It might make the search a little more difficult there. Not saying that your theory is wrong, just saying it may complicate that type of search. :)

Some are in ground. My dad and grandparent are buried in New Orleans in ground, But, if I remember there is a concrete wall and floor in the ground. Not sure what determines place of burial, but think it has to do with what can be afforded.

A question for the locals if you don't mind. I read through the threads daily. I believe it was the last thread, and I am now having a hard time finding the post to quote, a local poster mentioned that the area LE seems to think she may have been taken has shells all over the ground and could have been the reason for the gash in his neck.

I know the exact location is in question, however, it would be interesting to know. If so, coupled with the injury I would think that would help narrow down the spot of the accident/kidnapping.

Thanks!

Kelly

Now that will depend on how desperate they all are. They will use what they have. In this case they need to identify that boys truck and they only have one picture of it that provides a good look then they will use it. I have to laugh when y'all say those police will not show a picture if a crime is on it. Y'all must not know any police. They all have families and they want those same answers y'all do. If they have to fuzz up a photo to get the word out there then that is what they will do. Our fine city has a darned good police force.

We didn't say they won't show a picture with a crime being committed. We say they won't show a picture with a crime being committed without telling the public that one is being done so in the picture. It would be disrespectful to the family to release a picture of their daughter being ran over by a truck if they are simply just looking for the DWT. At the time they just said it was a VOI to talk to. If it was obvious as you guys are saying, which it should be since police have much more sophisticated technology than we have, then they would see it to and that DWT would not have been a VOI, it would have been a perp from day one and i'm sure BSL would have been found out much sooner. But seriously even after releasing info that she was taken further away from the Circle K people still believe she was taken in front of Circle K so I guess even info from LE won't clear up the DWT photos.

I totally agree. My assertion was that I didn't think they'd release a picture of her underneath a truck and then pretend like they had no idea what happened to her. And that the laws of physics did not bode well for the "bike is under the truck" theory. Of course that's just my opinion.

Btw 1:47 is the time she was in the Versailles pic.
Also I think it is a big leap to assume the bike had damage to it immediately after MS was last seen.

I have seen the word dropped at WB used. Depending on how bike was disposed of could account for damage.

So the white truck was driven to Texas and then burned? Hmmmm...wouldn't it be less noticeable to just drive it to Texas and leave it in some big parking lot or out in the middle of nowhere? Burning the truck just draws more attention to it. Burning it, to me, means only one thing, her DNA/evidence was in that truck. I anxiously await news of the conditions inside that truck.

do we know where the truck is now? did they bring it back to LA? also what remains after a truck is set on fire? is ther something towable left? i'm not familiar with fires other than in a fireplace for warmth or for cooking on a gas stove ;)

First of all MS didn't die because he ran over her with the truck! If that was the case and LE has a video of her under the truck...they wouldn't charge him with MURDER 1. It would be vehicle homicide would it not?

What I have been wondering is why or has only posted still shots off that night? There must be some reason why the actually footage of that evening has not been released. IMO le has the actual abduction but they are picking and choosing what should be shown to protect the fam! I really hope they release the actual footage! Fingers crossed!

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I see bike on ground under car and bike on ground in front of car.

None of them also include shots of rider on upright bike several feet ahead and seconds/minutes before - which is what has been pointed out multiple times in these threads as the reason that a collision in front of the Circle K is PROBABLY not possible.

Plus, hasn't Craft outright said that she was picked up at another location?

Correct me if I'm wrong..?

I see some rather disturbing photos of the aftermath of vehicle/bicycle accidents, but I see nothing which offers any sort of clues as to the position of either the vehicle or the bike before or at the exact point of impact.

It's difficult to determine what happened unless there are some "before" pics. For one, it's highly likely (almost guaranteed) that both the vehicle and the bike involved in each situation had moved after impact. The vehicle likely rolled tens of feet, even in the act of stopping suddenly. And this, of course, would likely leave the rider either beside or behind the vehicle, if not directly on top of it.

And to your second point, yes, Craft stated that they feel strongly that she was taken "somewhere between St. Landry & St. Mary and Blackham Coliseum".

First of all MS didn't die because he ran over her with the truck! If that was the case and LE has a video of her under the truck...they wouldn't charge him with MURDER 1. It would be vehicle homicide would it not?

The doubtful charge would be kidnapping in that scenario. Muder 1 would still be a go if it was deemed intentional.

Some are in ground. My dad and grandparent are buried in New Orleans in ground, But, if I remember there is a concrete wall and floor in the ground. Not sure what determines place of burial, but think it has to do with what can be afforded.

Most of what I see is a combination of above ground, and under ground, but the "underground" ones are all covered with a raised cement tomb covering it. I know not too far from here, they actually have true inground cemeteries. Just not sure if they are as close as Lafayette.

A question for the locals if you don't mind. I read through the threads daily. I believe it was the last thread, and I am now having a hard time finding the post to quote, a local poster mentioned that the area LE seems to think she may have been taken has shells all over the ground and could have been the reason for the gash in his neck.

I know the exact location is in question, however, it would be interesting to know. If so, coupled with the injury I would think that would help narrow down the spot of the accident/kidnapping.

Thanks!

Kelly

i THINK that area is around Souvenir Gate along Coliseium Road. There is a field that a local said was searched a while back with crime scene tape put up that was behind the Cajundome. I'm wondering if that field is near the gravel? I am going to watch Bayou Becky's video again to see the route on camera.

For any newcomers, be sure to check out Bayou Becky's video. It's linked at the start of every thread I think.

Originally Posted by CajunStrong
Y'all have not dicounted this theory yet. And I am going to figure out how to post these pictures for y'all <modsnip>.

HouDat....
The photos are great. Obviously you're interpreting them in one certain way. Can you elaborate on what it is you think you see here, in each of these?

I like the way you think.......

Clearly I've stated I'm from Australia another country do I am unaware of your local knowledge and what is considered
To be normal. I was simply stating some examples as to how bsl got back to tx or home when his vehicle was "stolen/burnt" I wasn't asking for a debate or criticism.

I saw where you felt you were being attacked earlier. Some posters word things in ways that come acrosss pretty blunt.

But Boudin wasn't debating or criticizing you at all. He was just adding his "local" knowledge that taxicabs are not found in parks in this area, so I hope you take him the right way.

It is possible that he could have hired a taxi to pickhim up in the forest, yes. But it would have had to come a long way to get to that remote area, and to me, would have aroused suspicion. It's possible that he found a way (hitchhiking?) to get from the forest to somewhere more habited and called a cab from there.

With all due respect I do not think the word is conspiracy. This is an ongoing investigation. That isn't a cover up it is not releasing information that can be used at trial.

*nods vehemently* During an ongoing investigation, police are not required to release every bit of information to the public. Doing so would jeopardize current investigations, as some leads can and often do become red herring leads or completely irrelevant down the road. During trial, those same publicized "bad leads" can be used to point out perceived incompetency within the investigation by defense (DTL's defense used that angle, if I remember correctly).

I know we all want to know everything that's going on, and we want to know yesterday, but we as the general public can't have it both ways. The departments have to be quiet about certain things. From my personal point of view, after viewing so much of the media circus for the DTL investigation, it's refreshing to see the agencies involved in the Shunick investigation practicing a bit of discretion. A conspiracy has connotations of wrongdoing by the police department, and I just don't think that is the case here. Mr. Bobby is a man of integrity, and seeing St. Landry cars at that Elaine Lane home made me smile, albeit a bit grimly. St. Landry Parish Sheriff Department is a small, underfunded agency whose investigators fiercely love their jobs/callings. I don't trust many police organizations, but this one I trust. There are good people there, and I mean that in the Cajun sense of "good people".

Please also keep in mind that there is a very, very strong sense of community involvement around here regarding Mickey and her family. Almost every streetpost in the carea has her smiling face plastered on it, everyone talks about her and we're just relieved that, unlike so many missing women, she is not being forgotten and relegated as just another "cold case". You can't watch what her family has done/is currently doing and not be heartbroken/proud of them for all they are enduring. They didn't ask for their loved one to go missing. They didn't ask to be thrust in the spotlight like this. They're just normal people who are responding extraordinarily to horrifying circumstances.

I believe you are 100% correct. I mentioned that a long time ago when I was just trying to think where to hide a body. But I didn't know his connection with cemeteries. IMO now all of them in the area need to be searched. At night I believe he could bury her in a new grave where the dirt wasn't settled yet and easy to shovel. It shouldn't be hard to look up all the deaths and where they were buried in the past month or two before Mickey was abducted. I think so anyway. I don't think death certificates show the cemetary, but obituaries do. Just a thought and JMO.

Lafayette is very like New Orleans in burial practices: most of the graves consist of a concrete crypt partially sunk (3-4 feet) into the ground, with the concrete vault completely visible aboveground. The vault is sealed with cement mortar and an airtight seal is achieved this way. We have a very high water table here and occasionally we have floods. It's not unheard of for caskets to pop out of the ground and float away on a new adventure when the floodwaters rise. Caskets actually have a little sealed vial with funeral home, cemetery and decedent information on them for identification should they take an unauthorized "cruise" during the next hurricane. :)

There are a few places around here which do deep belowground burials. Bellevue Memorial in Opelousas comes to mind, as does Greenlawn in Carencro and the one here in Lafayette off of Pinhook.

For those with a morbid bent, here's a list of Lafayette Parish cemeteries:

http://www.la-cemeteries.com/Cemeteries Lafayette Table.shtml

Oddball, we discussed this weeks ago and determined that it is prolly only a political ploy since:

Statement of Rights and Responsibilities - Facebook
www.facebook.com/legal/terms

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&output...f.,cf.osb&fp=ce19979f0aca28f&biw=1024&bih=673

We encourage you to read the Data Use Policy, and to use it to help you make informed ... You will not use Facebook if you are a convicted sex offender..

Report Abuse or Policy Violations ... Once we are able to verify a user's status as a sex offender, we immediately disable their acc.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...fenders-must-identify-themselves-on-facebook/
Starting August 1, a new Louisiana state law will require sex offenders to disclose their status on social networks. But in theory, that shouldn't ...

I dont know about other states but in NC RSO can not have a social media account of any kind. They can go to jail if they are found out! I didn't know facebook didn't allow it though.

Hey guys, sorry I've been so scarce lately, between work and buying a house (yea!!!), I haven't had as much of a chance to post here, but I've been keeping up through the news and my SIL. When my mom called me and told me there was an arrest, I was absolutely shocked. It's frustrating not having more information, and that's where my question comes in. I know in some cases, like the Casey Anthony one, we had a lot of information before the trial. Is that because of Florida's laws, or is that something we can expect here too?

I so hoped that when an arrest came, Mickey would too. This is hurting her family and friends so much. Please let them get the closure they so desperately need.

Dunno if this is just strange coincidence, but the FB page of the Spring/Conroe man that was a Facebook "family member" on the misspelled BSL account was deactivated overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3