LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the map that is shown with this house it is located right near downtown Churchpoint. BSL's home is north of CP close to Lawtell in the community of Swords.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/143-Elaine-Ln-Church-Point-LA-70525/2133139363_zpid/

I think the map is wrong because Elaine Ln is private so it goes to the middle of the city. Zillow uses a third party app to map and I've seen this happen all the time with new construction or private roads and the like.

I just emailed Nancy and laid out the importance of the altered driver's license - that this detail which Nancy poo-poo'd was the very item which caused a sharp employee to alert law enforcement to get on the trail of BSL. I kinda ripped Nancy a new one. :angel:

Thats...thats just beautiful. I hope you're a root beer.

I think the fact that the thread started on tigerdoppings that same date was a coinky-dink.

That guy who started the thread was known already as a member there. It would be just like a member here, who had been posting for awhile, would maybe start a personal thread seeking advice for a family issue.

The thread had NOTHING to do with Mickey's case at all, at first. It was only about this guy and his family being really upset,gy because a young woman with 2 young kids was wanting to marry a sex offender. So this guy posted the picture of Brandon and his RSO listing, and said " What can we do to keep my sister in law from marrying this creep?"

People began giving good advice, like call his PO, call the DA, call LE, etc.

Then at some point, the guy realized that the boyfriend drove a truck like the one that LE was looking for in that case. He stopped posting in that thread and it died out. Nobody was responding or bumping it up.

But behind the scenes, the family of the girlfriend was calling in tips about the truck and the boyfriend. So about a week before the arrest, the guy said everything was about to break and there was going to be an arrest in the Mickey case. People called him out, made fun of him, but turns out he was right. But he also had a 'gag' order after that and so he deleted everything he had posted earlier.

And also because so many people are now questioning him and his motives as well as insinuating and spreading various unpleasant rumors about him. People should cut him some slack...

I know! I think it's so creepy it was posted on here that mickey was warned by a hospital security guard not to ride alone at night there. Do we know where we got that info from?

Chicken Fried was told this by the guard when he was doing some research himself.

Been following multiple missing persons cases for some time now; first time posting.

I haven't noticed anything in recent threads wondering if BSL is also connected to the Lauren Spierer case. I know "authorities" said that the cases weren't linked a little while back, before they had a suspect. And they said the white truck wasn't one and the same. But what if it was? Or what if BSL had purchased the same type of truck more than once? I just never really got over the odds...white four-door truck being pictured in the surveillance videos for both of these young blonde woman who went missing in the wee hours of the AM. After reading the article in the Advocate (http://theadvocate.com/home/3290776-125/neighbors-shocked-by-arrest-mom) which says that the home that BSL lived in burned down about a year ago, it raised suspicions in my mind once again that there is a connection between these two cases. Lauren disappeared 6/3/11. So maybe BSL's house burned down because he was burning evidence linking him to Lauren!

http://maloriejanasek.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/this-blog-titled-jay-rosenbaum-needs-to-talk.pdf : (long article, the following was copied from about 3/4 down the page or so...)

June 17, Friday – Day 15
2:30 AM – Fire reported in Martinsville. Fire could be seen at least 10 miles
away. Barn that was part of discontinued old saw mill burned down. The
cause of the fire is unknown, and the current owner Sam Cramer, was out-of-state at the time. Along with the Martinsville fire department, 3 additional
fire crews from neighboring areas responded to the scene. Building is
reported a total loss. Cell phone tower was being checked for
damage. (There has been no report that this fire is in any way connected to
the disappearance of Lauren Spierer.)

Yep, good point about the mechanic aspect of him owning the vehicles, now that we know there were more than one in his yard. Maybe the 1991 Red Dodge Stealth was the only car that was licensed/insured/used on the road, as per RSO site.

My question would be, are there any unsolved crimes with a perp driving a vehicle similar to one of the vehicles in BL's backyard, specifically an old Red Stealth?

A thought I had while looking at the area around his home. Have any of the cars in the area been sent to a crusher lately? Sometimes around here if there are enough of them they will send a portable crusher for the job and load the cubes on a flatbed.

/I know thats not a pleasant thought. I think I know what happens with them then, but I won't post it as I'm unsure.

And also because so many people are now questioning him and his motives as well as insinuating and spreading various unpleasant rumors about him. People should cut him some slack...

I havent seen nasty rumors just speculation that there was more to his feelings about the SIL's BF then he let on in his first post.

LE reported 2 different tips on the same person which made them more inclined to trust those tips, without him another woman could have came up missing in a year or less. Plus he saved his SIL from become a DV victim. So he shouldnt concern himself with whatever he reads as nastiness about him from people who do not know as much as he does about the time period in question. JMO

Oops. Nevermind..found the post.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

Yes?

There are lots of oyster shells where I thought her diverted route/abduction was if not in front of circle k. The corner of St. Julien and Johnston. Behind the krooked nickel. Back by railroad ties in the parking lot next to the Mobil Station. I was hoping cameras from both businesses were checked too but never heard anything. I also hoped that old OLOL hospital and grounds were re-searched.

If you look at an aerial map, you'll see an area of gravel/shells at the intersection of Coliseum Rd and St. Landry.

I havent seen nasty rumors just speculation that there was more to his feelings about the SIL's BF then he let on in his first post.

LE reported 2 different tips on the same person which made them more inclined to trust those tips, without him another woman could have came up missing in a year or less. Plus he saved his SIL from become a DV victim. So he shouldnt concern himself with whatever he reads as nastiness about him from people who do not know as much as he does about the time period in question. JMO

Right. And thats the only thing that people should be concerned with. The fact that his information may have saved a future life and was possibly instrumental in solving this case.

During his time in prison, he completed the adult sex offender program during which time he impressed the program’s director so much that he wrote him a glowing letter which was sent to the Louisiana Adult Probation and Parole Districts. Lavergne was referred to as ‘a man who assists other inmates with their workbooks, handouts, videos, etc. He is prompt, reliable and maintains a positive attitude in his work.’

http://www.crowleytoday.com/view/fu...rgne-s-violent-nature?instance=home_news_lead

I would suspect that he is also attempting to shield his sister in law from public scrutiny. I'm pretty sure she's been interviewed and possibly investigated by LE, and you know reporters are trying to get to her. If she was my family member, I'd tell her to lawyer up even if she is totally innocent of any involvement.

I would suspect that he is also attempting to shield his sister in law from public scrutiny. I'm pretty sure she's been interviewed and possibly investigated by LE, and you know reporters are trying to get to her. If she was my family member, I'd tell her to lawyer up even if she is totally innocent of any involvement.

Exactly. Himself as well. He said when he made that first post he really hadnt madr any connection yet and was just asking for advice about this situation she was in. So he really wasnt prepared for what followed. And if public scrutiny isnt something you're used to or prepared for, it can be overwhelming. Now I think they're just trying to lay low and keep to themselves. He's already done his part for this case

During his time in prison, he completed the adult sex offender program during which time he impressed the program’s director so much that he wrote him a glowing letter which was sent to the Louisiana Adult Probation and Parole Districts. Lavergne was referred to as ‘a man who assists other inmates with their workbooks, handouts, videos, etc. He is prompt, reliable and maintains a positive attitude in his work.’

http://www.crowleytoday.com/view/fu...rgne-s-violent-nature?instance=home_news_lead

Good Lord. Could this Professional not see :what: I would think more along the lines of manipulative,self serving etc. etc. :banghead:

Does this remind anyone else of Edmund Kemper? Seriously creepy. I think they should have seen this coming. Common Psychopathic manipulation.

Not being snarky - I still feel like I'm playing Where's Waldo. The only thing I see in front of the truck is a school zone crossing sign.

Seriously, y'all, am I blind?

Naw you ain't blind. Looks like you got perfect eyesight or you wear the correct glasses like I do.
:Banane17:​

He can be my honorary brother-in-law any ol' day of the week! He was worried about his SIL’s boyfriend and reached out to good people via the Internet who gave him sage advice and support, which caused him to phone in an extremely useful (perhaps pivotal) tip to the police concerning the DWTIQ and BSL.

Some people’s family might have buried their heads in the sand and whispered amongst themselves, “she’s an adult, she knows what she’s doing” and then when the young woman disappeared off the face of the earth could have sat back and told everyone, “well, I warned her but she didn’t listen”.

As far as I’m concerned “Adam” :yourock:

I'm still digesting Mouton's interview on KPEL. This part stuck out to me:
If you remember correctly I believe we had three to four vehicles of interest that were in the immediate area that we were very interested in. And we eliminated three – look, they were in the area, they confirmed they were in the area, but they all had, you know, credible stories and credible information that we felt they were not involved. But we never could find the Z-71. Not the driver, not the person, why wouldn’t that person come forward?
Three vehicles eliminated says to me that the white truck traveling the opposite direction of Mickey on St. Landry was not BSL's truck. What does it say to you?

I know it doesn't really matter at this point but it's interesting nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laznsher