LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we knew when he put the bike in WB. That would help with figuring where and what he did with Mickey. If it was the same night he kidnapped Mickey...then he may have did the crime there and got rid of the evidence . If it was later after the info came out about the bike ..then he may have taken her back to his house. I know LE has said they know when the bike was put there and he was in the area at the time..i wish they would tell us.

I wish they would streamline the registry and get rid of things like that. If a 19 yr old has sex with his 16 yr old girlfriend, that does not mean he is a dangerous predator.

There are a few kids at our local high school who just got caught up in a very stupid 'sexting' incident. A 15 yr old girl stupidly sent pix of herself naked from the waist up, to her obnoxious boyfriend, who of course, sent it to his cell phone log.

But now the girl and her boyfriend are going to be registered Sex Offenders. Is that really necessary for 2 15 yr olds to be designated as dangerous sex offenders for life, after making a stupid adolescent mistake? Obviously, some accountability is necessary. But people like this are just going to muddy up the rolls of RSO's, imo. I don't think that poor girl is a danger to anyone but herself at this point. JMO

There is no common sense!

hi guys. i've been away all day. anything new?

i have a a question about bodies for those of you who read about killers and follow lots of cases.

when a perp tries to HIDE a body, you know doesn't just dump the person on the side of the road in the open or leave the victim in a car etc, where are the most common places they are found IF they are found. buried, in water, in forests?

also, if in water, don't they almost always resurface by floating to the top? (if they aren't out in the middle of the Pacific etc.)

I hate to ask this, but if Mickey's body were to be found, what condition would it be in? not to go into detail, but there would still be flesh, right? not JUST bones?? i feel like the longer it goes, the harder it will be to see her due to decomposition.

i was driving along I-10 today and there is alot of swamp and land that is chained off that says "DTAP POSTED"or "DMAP POSTED" it is VERY overgrown with vines on the trees making it like a web almost that shuts out all sunlight. the vines drape over from tree to tree and cover everything in these areas, but it's along the interstate, so i doubt he would have parked on the side of the road.

Anyway, i don't think he would have taken the time to weigh her body down, so I don't think he did the water thing. I mean, I'm not certain, because WB seems like the most convenient to him with the bike, but then there's the whole weighing her down aspect of putting her in the water.

http://www.klfy.com/story/18959578/arrest-made-in

Each day we find out more about the man police believe is responsible for Mickey Shunick's disappearance. Wednesday, TV0 learned that at the time of his arrest, a woman known as Lavergne's girlfriend, was brought into police headquarters for questioning, and later released.

hi guys. i've been away all day. anything new?

i have a a question about bodies for those of you who read about killers and follow lots of cases.

when a perp tries to HIDE a body, you know doesn't just dump the person on the side of the road in the open or leave the victim in a car etc, where are the most common places they are found IF they are found. buried, in water, in forests?

also, if in water, don't they almost always resurface by floating to the top? (if they aren't out in the middle of the Pacific etc.)

I hate to ask this, but if Mickey's body were to be found, what condition would it be in? not to go into detail, but there would still be flesh, right? not JUST bones?? i feel like the longer it goes, the harder it will be to see her due to decomposition.

i was driving along I-10 today and there is alot of swamp and land that is chained off that says "DTAP POSTED"or "DMAP POSTED" it is VERY overgrown with vines on the trees making it like a web almost that shuts out all sunlight. the vines drape over from tree to tree and cover everything in these areas, but it's along the interstate, so i doubt he would have parked on the side of the road.

Anyway, i don't think he would have taken the time to weigh her body down, so I don't think he did the water thing. I mean, I'm not certain, because WB seems like the most convenient to him with the bike, but then there's the whole weighing her down aspect of putting her in the water.

Knowing what has been posted about BSL and his love for fires, to me that would be how BSL would have covered his tracks.

I thought I had posted this yesterday but maybe not:
http://www.lsp.org/socpr/registration.html#UNLAWFUL_PRESENCE

It's 1000 feet. But only when their victim was 13 years of age or younger. And for violating this, they only get $1000 fine and/or one year jail time with or without hard labor. A slap on the wrist.

but if you sell or are caught in possession of drugs you go away for many years... geez! Most of the RSO that live around me never even went to prison, they are just on probation. Also NC doesn't have a Tier system or at least it's not publicized. Some of them I can't even see what they did or how severe their crime was.

My somewhat related, slightly OT/JMO comment:

The world today just seems to be getting more and more dangerous for everyone. However there are certain forms of violence directed against females that are, too often, represented as though they are almost "normal".

You can see this for example, in urban combat type games and also in real warfare. This violent mindset is not only directed towards "the enemy's" females. There are reports of women in the military being raped/assaulted by men in who are supposed to be on the same side. TV dramas and movies have graphic scenes depicting females being raped, beaten, murdered. This is called "entertainment". I call it social disintegration.

Many cultures and societies have gradually accepted the debasement of their own women. Wanton violence is often portrayed as something that "just happens" in life. This will never be "normal", this is not "human nature" it is not something which cannot be changed! Men (and women, too) must choose what is acceptable, on TV, in the movies, in the streets, and in combat. Be aware, protect yourself and others! But, most importantly, don't buy in to the commercialization of violence, don't allow it to be acceptable or profitable.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now. Thanks for putting up with my rant.

:twocents::coffeews::candle:

IDTS? I (sheepishly) don't know what that means. :)

It took me forever to figure out LE and DWT. haha New here... and pretty sucky at remembering acronyms.

I've been reading DWT as d@mn white truck but I'm pretty sure I'm was off. Lol

Remember some time back there was an article about a woman who said a guy in a white truck had tried to pick her up. This supposedly happened before Mickey went missig but was reported afterward. I'm wondering now that BSL's photo has come out, if it was the same guy.

Tasha Patterson. When she saw the pics of BSL's truck, she said it was not the same truck she rode in. That was when the DWT pics first came out. Don't know if she's said anything since BSL's name/pic was released.

On the Find Mickey Now FB page it said local radio station's were releasing the latest on the case. I am not local so I didn't get to hear it. I don't know if they released anything we didn't already know though

On the Find Mickey Now FB page it said local radio station's were releasing the latest on the case. I am not local so I didn't get to hear it. I don't know if they released anything we didn't already know though

I think it is just the fact, posted above a while ago, that his girlfriend was initially questioned, and released, at the time of his arrest. JMO

While we've learned about his incarceration for a sex crime, and his history of domestic abuse, we've now learned during the Shunick search, Lavergne was in Crowley attending church.

The pastor at Northside Assembly of God, which is located in Crowley, says Lavergne first started attending services after he got out of prison.

Lavergne was first introduced to Northside through their prison rehabilitation ministries program, and up until recently, Pastor Singley says Lavergne had not been attending.

However he was at their church service June 4th of this year. Less than a month after Mickey Shunick went missing. Which was right in the middle of the massive search for answers.

http://www.klfy.com/story/18959578/arrest-made-in

Feeling guilty much?

If he did keep her, whether alive and bound or not, I think he would have put her under the trailer. If she was bound she wouldn't be able to get away. If she were not alive the animals couldn't get to her. He could have replaced the siding because either she was bound and could have tried to get out or been up against it leaving DNA or because he cut his neck on the sharpness of it getting to her. He wouldn't want that DNA in his house.

I am real curious if the police have had the thought to check for the old siding. Not sure this would go in the trash or some recycling place.

Yes, they did and I thought I read that they had removed a few pieces of the skirt and taken it with them. Maybe it looked suspicious. Don't you think they must have found something as the sheriff said it was a major crime scene? Why would he state that? I just hope she is found so the family can have closure, and if the worst has happened, she deserves a dignified resting place.

I wish we knew when he put the bike in WB. That would help with figuring where and what he did with Mickey. If it was the same night he kidnapped Mickey...then he may have did the crime there and got rid of the evidence . If it was later after the info came out about the bike ..then he may have taken her back to his house. I know LE has said they know when the bike was put there and he was in the area at the time..i wish they would tell us.

Many theories regarding this make sense to me. My #1 belief is that he dumped the bike and her that very night. Breaks my heart. I just think she was already a little banged up from being hit and then he strangled her. Likely right there at WB. That would account for the rumored bruises and cuts to his arms and hands.

For all we know someone did see this take place and he knew it and thought he could get pulled over at any time. He went on to the first place he could manage a potentially combative victim and got rid of all the evidence right there. Then he hightailed it on the back roads home. Once he saw that ole video he knew it was a matter of time and had to cover his tracks. Even if he did not murder her in that truck she might have bled from the accident injuries and that would tie him to her. He had no choice but to burn it as stupid as it was.

I think he knew he would be caught and at least that is less evidence. Same with the skirting.

Yes, they did and I thought I read that they had removed a few pieces of the skirt and taken it with them. Maybe it looked suspicious. Don't you think they must have found something as the sheriff said it was a major crime scene? Why would he state that? I just hope she is found so the family can have closure, and if the worst has happened, she deserves a dignified resting place.

i wonder if any neighbors have tried to peek in the windows

couldn't they just cut a deal with him - you get death penalty if you don't tell us where body is and life in prison if you do. would that work? i just want her family to be able to have a proper burial and do the best they can to heal

couldn't they just cut a deal with him - you get death penalty if you don't tell us where body is and life in prison if you do. would that work? i just want her family to be able to have a proper burial and do the best they can to heal

His lawyer is probably telling him they may not be able to prove anything. We'll have to wait to see what evidence they have. Maybe at some stage, he will be advised to work out such a deal, we can only hope.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor

Highlights from KATC files on 05/29/2012 @ 4:33PM:

~ The only visible damage to the bike belonging to missing Lafayette woman Mickey Shunick was the rear tire, according to Lafayette Police Cpl. Paul Mouton.

~ Investigators believe the bike was dropped off and not thrown from the bridge. Also, they believe the bike was dumped the morning Shunick went missing. Mouton says hopefully a forensic examination at the Louisiana State Police Crime Lab will provide more specific information. Besides the bike, police have gathered other "items of interest," but are not naming those items.

~ Police believe Shunick's disappearance is isolated. Investigators are checking with known sex offenders in the area where Shunick was captured on surveillance riding her bicycle. They're finding out where the sex offenders were when Mickey went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave