LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
we are only now seeing a glimpse into what LE has on this guy...

now we know he was treated for injuries and also claims he was robbed

well, there are cameras in NOLA and I can just bet that is part of what LE has on this guy. I am sure they are reconstructing his "trail" if you will and have a lot of information on where he went.

I am also pretty sure that his broken gps was turned off by him and that will able to be determined by the provider.

We also have a better timeline now if his report is to be believed:

1) he was in laffy right behind Mickey when she was abducted around 1-2 am

2) he was at WBB next (truck has been linked there)

3) he could have went home in between 1 and 2

4) by 11pm he alleges he was being robbed at a gas station he cannot recall and stabbed in multiple places at 3pm

5) and than goes to a hospital for treatment

(of which in the pictures it does not seem that he had stitches..as it is keloid in nature and I cannot see suture lines.. so it was most likely superficial and was butterflied imhoo)

**random thought: was the reason why he altered the ID because he had reported it stolen with his wallet? Or rather because he thought that by reporting it stolen he could get away with it?

Wait, so detectives talked to him in the hospital on 5/19? What time was this? Am confused...

Mickey was last seen at about 2 AM on 05/19/12. BSL arrived at the hospital at about 11 PM on 05/19/12, claiming to have been attacked at 3 PM on the same day.

I know this is probably a long shot, but has law enforcement checked hospitals outside of Lafayette for Jane Doe's? I'm still clinging to the hope that Mickey is alive out there somewhere. Maybe she doesn't have ID because he kept it?

I wonder if he said 3 o'clock as a subconscious association with when he perhaps really sustained the injuries, around 3am

I would think so too, however, BSL told them his wallet, including his drivers license was stolen, so they would not know he was a RSO. I guess if this is true, he must have used the white out on his new license.

ETA He said the attack happened around 3 PM and he arrived at the hospital at 11 PM because he said he was driving around looking for a hospital? I don't think it would take 8 hours to find a hospital in New Orleans....

Deputies say they arrived at Oschner Hospital on Jefferson Highway just after 11:00 pm on May 19, 2012 after a man showed up there after being stabbed. The victim, identified as Brandon Lavergne, told police he was attacked outside of a gas station.

That's what I thought too, but re-reading Deputies arrived at 11PM. Let's remember (I think) Mickey has not yet been reported missing at this time.

:banghead:

ETA: He claims we was attacked at 3PM, Deputies question him at 11PM---my timing may be off, but MS has just been reported missing.

Sounds to me like he took Mickey at a gas station and she stabbed him!

The report says that's when a white male, with gold teeth, a neck tattoo, wearing a #24 Saints football jersey and a black hat covering most of his face, attacked him without warning
A lil truth in every lie?? Mickey attacked him without warning becuase he abducted her!???
moo

They need to look for Mickey between new Orleans and Venice. This is a route he prObably traveled often and he would know the areas pretty well.

ETA: Venice is a town south of NO where many offshore workers go in and out off to go offshore. It is many miles of not much of anything/deserted to get there. According to the hairdresser BSL was going out of Venice on the 20th of June so he has travelled that road (about 75 miles) to Venice probably several times.

It sounds like Mickey fought hard and tore him up pretty bad. I can only imagine how much damage she inflicted to the inside of that truck. It must have been enough that he knew the only way to deal with the damage and evidence was to burn it.

Another thought about his injuries, his work schedule and our timeline. I wonder if he called off work because he was injured which would explain him not being offshore around the 31 of May when the truck was burned.

I wondered the same thing. Surely if his stab wounds were serious enough to require emergency room treatment, it seems logical to think that he may well have missed some work because of them.

"He was stabbed several times in the chest, back, neck, and hand. Lavergne's wallet was also reported stolen, in it was his license and $40. Lavergne then told deputies he drove around until he found the hospital."

Oh! You mean the one that states he is a registered sex offender?
The license he DIDN'T HAVE to show LE???
It is becoming VERY clear what happened.:maddening:
http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-questioned-in-jefferson-parish-may-19th/

Just jumping off your post, but you would also need that driver's license to pick up pain pills from the pharmacy! Wonder where he went to pick up meds after the ER?

I wonder what the issue date on his drivers license is? Luckily LE has his license in their custody already. If it was issued any time before May 19th, that pretty much blows his whole cover. That is, unless he did obtain a duplicate from the DMV to corroborate his story and torched (or got rid by other means) his "stolen" license. I'm thinking it's prob the latter

just my :twocents:

in my opinion he was not robbed and stabbed in NOLA.. he was making excuses for his injuries

this guy was setting up his stories if you will along with the elaborate scheme with his truck (why he had to buy a new one).

I also tend to believe that the DA has a lot more on him that we don't even know about yet. While he thought he was pretty clever it sure caught up with him, didn't it.

:moo:

this guy's actions set back the investigation but only for a bit....

I don't personally think he will "talk" until a true bill comes down and his defense team presents him with the evidence the state has. If he ever talks about where he put Mickey it will be after that.. when there is some deal making going on about the death penalty.

again :moo:

Mickey disappears 5/19.
Dad in hospital for 2 weeks and about halfway through his stay, Mickey disappears on 5/19.
BSL claims to be in NO when his dad is released and can't pick him up, which, according to this info would have been one week after Mickey disappeared, or 5/26, the same day his truck is reported stolen. Even if its off a day or 2, makes it all VERY unlikely. MOO of course.

I wondered the same thing. Surely if his stab wounds were serious enough to require emergency room treatment, it seems logical to think that he may well have missed some work because of them.

Yes, it's hard to do mechanic work with an almost severed finger.

Right I'm back.......

Distance according to google (St Landry st to the hospital in New Orleans) 132 miles.

I'm still trying to figure BL's story out but there are lots of questions...

Maybe Mickey stabbed him at 3:00 p.m.

I'm conducting a little research to see if it is possible for luminol and like substances to detect blood/DNA after fire exposure. So far it looks promising but nothing facual to present just yet. If anyone has insight on this please chime in

I seem to remember special dogs being brought in that could "smell" through ashes?

If this is all true then the person who told me had connections is telling the truth that same person told me that it was his mom that turned him in I posted this two days ago wondering if this is also true?!?

I wonder if he said 3 o'clock as a subconscious association with when he perhaps really sustained the injuries, around 3am

that is what I am thinking ACI

either way... time between her abduction and his "show his face" in the ER with his FIRST cover story was 21 hours later

21 hours to do whatever he did, think about it, and try to cover his defensive wounds and get rid of the bike.

I don't think he ever planned on that bike being found.

I am pretty sure based on those gps comments about it being broken that he most likely disabled it at some point so following him around where he might have went from the bike dump is going to be a difficult task imhoo.

I hope they are interviewing friends and family to see if they have any camps or if he had any favorite spots he frequented. This guy, while a little bit savy, does not seem to **** too far outside his sandbox imhoo.

Deputies say they arrived at Oschner Hospital on Jefferson Highway just after 11:00 pm on May 19, 2012 after a man showed up there after being stabbed. The victim, identified as Brandon Lavergne, told police he was attacked outside of a gas station.

That's what I thought too, but re-reading Deputies arrived at 11PM. Let's remember (I think) Mickey has not yet been reported missing at this time.

:banghead:

Wasn't she reported about 6:30PM on the 19th?

I wonder what the issue date on his drivers license is? Luckily LE has his license in their custody already. If it was issued any time before May 19th, that pretty much blows his whole cover. That is, unless he did obtain a duplicate from the DMV to corroborate his story and torched (or got rid by other means) his "stolen" license. I'm thinking it's prob the latter

And the lady at the car dealership made a photocopy right?

Nope! I believe he dumped the bike off on his way to New Orleans, before *losing* Mickey, but I could be wrong. JMO

No you aren't I don't know the area! That makes total sense!
130 miles give or take to get to NO... about a 2 hour drive?
Would he have had time to get to his home with her?
Wonder where he went until 11 pm

anyone notice gold teeth, black hat??? What color was Mickey's bike?
3:00 pm not 3:00 AM Guess we know what time he got stabbed now! or 3 pm could be true! :( but that would mean he had her (alive)over 12 hours... with NO FAMILY TO COME KNOCKING!!!
I wonder if the #24 is significant in any way???

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member