LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the wounds looked fresh at 3pm, or looked like they'd occurred at an earlier time. If it was Mickey he was fighting and the wounds were fresh, that would mean he must have held her someplace after abducting her.
Guess his truck was "stole" while he was in the ER huh?

Does this mean that she is somewhere very close to the hospital???
At least in between where she was last seen and the hospital?
Narrows the areas to search IMO!

Also explains what took him so long to report his "stole truck" he was at home resting and licking his wounds!

I bet he had her bike in his truck while he was at the ER!!!:what:

On 05/19/12 at 11:00, Detectives from Jefferson Parish were called to Oschner's Hospital where BSL sought treatment for injuries....BSL claims he was attacked at a gas station by a white male on 05/19/12 at 3:00pm ...claimed to have been stabbed in the chest, back, neck, AND HAND...claims his wallet was stolen ...WHEN QUESTIONED BY OFFICERS, BSL CLAIMED THAT HE WASN'T SURE OF THE LOCATION OF THE GAS STATION WHERE THE ASSAULT TOOK PLACE.

http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-questioned-in-jefferson-parish-may-19th/

So let's say you're attacked at 3PM at a gas station (I presume it's open) wouldn't you call police right then and there? What a far-fetched story. :banghead:

so if we are to believe the perp he was randomly stabbed and robbed in NOLA at a gas station that he cannot recall and than, according to LE, was randomly driving around looking for people to victimize the night that Mickey went missing and his truck was last seen driving right behind her and than his truck is placed at the WBB where her bike was dumped and now that same truck was reported stolen and burned in texas and he bought another one just like it using a license (he says his wallet was stolen so I guess his license was too?) that was altered.

riiiiiiight.

Wow, if he didnt have anything to do with Mickey's disappearance and demise, maybe he should just plead guilty anyway...seems his luck inside prison cant be any worse than what he wants us to believe it is outside. JMO

Wait, so detectives talked to him in the hospital on 5/19? What time was this? Am confused...

Wow! He's quite the storyteller. I'm now of the opinion, based on the contents of this article above, that Mickey is somewhere between Whiskey Bay and New Orleans...but where??? I'm also hoping and praying that she fought off her attacker and inflicted enough damage to enable her to escape!!!!! :please:

Deputies say they arrived at Oschner Hospital on Jefferson Highway just after 11:00 pm on May 19, 2012 after a man showed up there after being stabbed. The victim, identified as Brandon Lavergne, told police he was attacked outside of a gas station.

They say Lavergne was unsure where the gas station was, so both New Orleans Police and Jefferson Parish deputies interviewed him at the hospital. The deputy who wrote the incident report says Lavergne told them the attack happened at 3:00 pm on May 19th. Lavergne allegedly indicated his GPS wasn't working, and he was driving around in an unknown area, so he stopped at a gas station to ask directions. The report says that's when a white male, with gold teeth, a neck tattoo, wearing a #24 Saints football jersey and a black hat covering most of his face, attacked him without warning. He was stabbed several times in the chest, back, neck, and hand. Lavergne's wallet was also reported stolen, in it was his license and $40. Lavergne then told deputies he drove around until he found the hospital.

I wonder if that broken GPS got him lost on the interstate and he somehow ended up in WB? LOL... actually I wonder if Mickey kicked it and broke it if it was in his truck. She sounds fierce!
I wonder if he was so angered by Mickey fighting back that he tried to tear her bike apart too?

On 05/19/12 at 11:00, Detectives from Jefferson Parish were called to Oschner's Hospital where BSL sought treatment for injuries....BSL claims he was attacked at a gas station by a white male on 05/19/12 at 3:00pm ...claimed to have been stabbed in the chest, back, neck, AND HAND...claims his wallet was stolen ...WHEN QUESTIONED BY OFFICERS, BSL CLAIMED THAT HE WASN'T SURE OF THE LOCATION OF THE GAS STATION WHERE THE ASSAULT TOOK PLACE.

After being stabbed at least 4 times, at 3:00 P.M. , it is EIGHT HOURS before BSL goes to a hospital?

Really????

He went to a hospital in New Orleans?
Does that mean Mickey could be somewhere on the way to New Orleans, and how far away is it from Lafayette?

so if we are to believe the perp he was randomly stabbed and robbed in NOLA at a gas station that he cannot recall and than, according to LE, was randomly driving around looking for people to victimize the night that Mickey went missing and his truck was last seen driving right behind her and than his truck is placed at the WBB where her bike was dumped and now that same truck was reported stolen and burned in texas and he bought another one just like it using a license (he says his wallet was stolen so I guess his license was too?) that was altered.

riiiiiiight.

Don't that boy just have the worst luck!!!!:what:

There was a good bit of blood somewhere, maybe his truck or home. Looks like some of it was his. Could have burned the truck because his blood was in it.
I am scared for Mickey and so very proud of her.

I'm conducting a little research to see if it is possible for luminol and like substances to detect blood/DNA after fire exposure. So far it looks promising but nothing facual to present just yet. If anyone has insight on this please chime in

Someones post seems to think I'm BL's brother which I am not.
I have submitted the form to verify.

About a week before she went missing, Brandon's father had some serious health problems and had to be hospitalized. He was in the hospital for a total of 2 weeks and she went missing about halfway through his stay. Towards the end of his hospital stay it was strange that Brandon wasn't around and when his father was being released and it was strange that he wasn't around to come pick him up from the hospital. Brandon said he was in New Orleans and had been robbed and stabbed and couldn't pick him up so his brother had to. one of his fingers had nearly been cut off.

Thank you for being willing to step up and do the right thing no matter how hard it is. I have 2 brothers (I realize you aren't BL's brother) that have been in and out of jail since they were 16 & 17 (they are currently 33 & 34, both incarcerated). My mother and now deceased father would lie, cheat and steal to protect the boys but I often found myself in the position of having to call LE and provide info I suspected they needed. It was never easy. I would cry myself sick for hours and the guilt I felt was enough to smother me but if the right thing was always easy none of us would never do wrong. I love my brothers with everything in me but I can't preach at my children to do the right thing and not model that behavior for them. I went through months and sometimes years where my parents would refuse to speak to me, time I will never get back with my father but I wouldn't change a thing. I couldn't and still respect myself.

My heart goes out to you and your family. Being related to and loving someone that the whole community considers a monster has to be tearing you in half. Just know that as you search for answers and the truth you can continue to love and be there for BL without supporting the things he has done. Take care and take time to step away and process as you need. This WS community will support you and help you every step of the way.

He went to a hospital in New Orleans?
Does that mean Mickey could be somewhere on the way to New Orleans, and how far away is it from Lafayette?

Right I'm back.......

Distance according to google (St Landry st to the hospital in New Orleans) 132 miles.

I'm still trying to figure BL's story out but there are lots of questions...

It sounds like Mickey fought hard and tore him up pretty bad. I can only imagine how much damage she inflicted to the inside of that truck. It must have been enough that he knew the only way to deal with the damage and evidence was to burn it.

Another thought about his injuries, his work schedule and our timeline. I wonder if he called off work because he was injured which would explain him not being offshore around the 31 of May when the truck was burned.

Guess his truck was "stole" while he was in the ER huh?

Does this mean that she is somewhere very close to the hospital???
At least in between where she was last seen and the hospital?
Narrows the areas to search IMO!

Also explains what took him so long to report his "stole truck" he was at home resting and licking his wounds!

I bet he had her bike in his truck while he was at the ER!!!:what:

Nope! I believe he dumped the bike off on his way to New Orleans, before *losing* Mickey, but I could be wrong. JMO

It MAY have taken police till 11pm to get to the hospital. I've called the cops and it's taken hours for them to respond. Just cause the article says the police questioned him at 11pm, it doesn't mean it took him 8 hours to get there. It could have been a good bit of time before the nurses even alerted authorities of a stab wound.
This guy will never get a fair trial in Lafayette. The lynch mob is already out.

His story is just ludicrous...I wish he had a sensible attorney who would convince him to just give it up already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3