LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone read anywhere that the stab wounds required any medical attention at all? Stitches, sutures or anything?

I read (peoples opinions on here) about it being too swollen for sutures and such... and since it probably happened at least 8 hrs before it was reported, I'm assuming the bleeding has stopped. (What is protocol for ER stab victims bleeding all over the place? Probably wouldn't allow someone to bleed all over the ER for hours on end huh?)

But my question is, why go to the hospital? If I got knifed (non life threatening) while committing kidnapping and murder, I would probably try to bandage it myself. Surely he had some bandaids or superglue hanging around. And with his profession its probably not his first cut to wrap up.

Why draw more attention to yourself? Why put yourself on the radar with this crazy far fetched story? (the day MS was taken) There's a reason he CHOSE to do this.

It seems like so many of the things he's done to "cover" his tracks has drawn more attention to him.

I feel like I'm onto something but I just can't quite figure it out. Does anyone else think that if they were in his shoes, they wouldn't go to the hospital unless it was life threatening?

Maybe he's become accustomed to playing the victim. People, by nature, are primarily attention-seeking and it may be attention/sympathy seeking behavior that his filling a void in his life or fulfilling some sort of need.

I think he knew he would be a suspect just being a RSO in the area with noticeable wounds on his body. Driving hours away to report a robbery that gave you those noticeable wounds probably felt safer to him or like a defense against any accusations. He probably reasoned that if anyone looked into him he could just shrug and say he was hours away filing police reports and being robbed.

Being that there is much more crime in New Orleans than Lafayette, that kind of incident might not stand out as much in NOLA as it would in Lafayette.

As for LE being so positive about placing BSL at WB, what if his wallet happened to fall out while he was disposing of the bike. He might not have noticed right away, but when he realized it was missing and he wasn't sure where it happened, he created the "my wallet was stolen" story to create an alibi of sorts.

For me, as a Christian, I think it would be worse to be the mother of a murderer. If my child was a victim it would hurt immensely but I'd have to trust that they are in a better place. If my child were a murderer I'd have to live with the fact that I would never be with them in the after life.

'As a Christian' you should know that Jesus died for ALL sin and even a murderer can turn to Him, ask forgiveness and be cleansed and go to heaven when they die. As long as they have breath...there is life and an the chance for everlasting life...there is no 'unforgivable' sin except rejection of God's greatest gift.

I would not want to be either mother...I think either would be horrible, however, the mother of the victim has lost the chance to ever see her child again in this life, lost all the joy of watching them grow up and live life as an adult. At least the mother of the murderer can still see her child, still pray for their salvation, still hope for a better future. Just moo of course

The whole bizarre story he apparently concocted about being mugged, the timing of his visit to the ER, the truck ending up in TX and his apparently renting a car...all of it says to me that he was very much on his own in this crime and feeling his way through afterward in a very clumsy, not too bright way. I also agree with a previous poster that he was probably not specifically "trolling" for a victim that night (just a guess on LE's part, IMO) but rather saw Mickey and his instincts took over, which is why everything else is such a mishmash afterwards. He didn't stop to think about video, about what he would do with her bike, with her body, etc...and then if he ended up with injuries, that was another thing he suddenly had to deal with somehow. And days later, seeing his truck on TV started the whole chain of events that led him to burn the truck.

This has always been about one perp, one random victim to me. Nothing preplanned to any degree, no stalking in advance, no ties to Mickey or her friends, etc...she was there, he drove by.

'Destiny'.. "I firmly believe that we all have a purpose in life"...

cluciano63, 'I agree Mickey Schunick's tragic abduction/murder was; 'stranger sexual predator, crime of opportunity'.. All indicators pointed to this from day one..

Sadly, this happens too frequently across the US, yet is seldom identified by investigators due to the overwhelming statistics pointing to spouses, family, friends, lovers, coworkers, acquaintainces, etc...

Sexual predators hide behind their cloak of anonymity. Allowing them to continue their deviant behavior, and imo Mickey Schunick; a kindred spirit and courageous fighter, refused to allow BSL, this opportunity to remain stealth...

"uh cha fuh lie uh"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atchafalaya

The word Atchafalaya (/ətʃæfəˈlaɪ.ə/) derives from the Choctaw term hacha falaia, meaning "long river". Atchafalaya can refer to. The Atchafalaya River in ...

That is partly why I think most of the wounds were self-inflicted. He wanted to be seen as another poster said for an alibi. Like I was not kidnapping and murdering this poor little girl because I was being robbed and stabbed many miles away.

Well if you want an alibi, why not just go to New Orleans and go in a bar or a Wal-Mart and get a receipt?

Does anyone know what Ochsner he actually went to? as there is 1 in new orleans but also one in Gretna...I'm asking because if it was the one in Gretna he should have known exactly where it was located as he would have traveled in front of it often going to catch his boat for work...JMO

There are more than two:
1) 1514 Jefferson Hwy., New Orleans, LA 70121
2) 2700 Napoleon Ave., New Orleans, LA 70115
3) 180 W Esplanade Ave, Kenner, LA 70065
4) 1514 Jefferson Hwy., New Orleans, LA 70121
5) 2500 Belle Chasse Hwy., Gretna, LA 70056

http://www.ochsner.org/emergency/

I did not realize since I moved away Oschner bought some of the other hospitals. The one in Kenner is in Jefferson Parish and right off of 90 as well.

Does anyone know what Ochsner he actually went to? as there is 1 in new orleans but also one in Gretna...I'm asking because if it was the one in Gretna he should have known exactly where it was located as he would have traveled in front of it often going to catch his boat for work...JMO

Deputies took the report at Oschner Hospital on Jefferson Highway, said Col. John Fortunato, commander of the public information office.

http://theadvocate.com/news/3334883-123/New-Developments-in-Shunick-case

Why can't they just give this perp the "truth serum"? So we can finally get to the bottom of this madness...

FWIW Going back to BSL's story about his attacker - I'm no expert on this, but I've honestly never seen a white man with gold teeth. Have any of you? Still, after googling just now, I found some reference to gang violence, *white chocolate*, and this story out of San Antonio from May 2011:

A couple driving a blue truck loaded with lawn equipment say they pulled into the Target store to shop. They said after they went into the store, a man pulled up to the truck and began to steal a weed-eater from the back of the truck.

That's when an off-duty Alamo Colleges police officer spotted the alleged thief. The officer says he identified himself as law enforcement and instructed the suspect to stop.

The officer then allegedly pulled out his weapon and shot at the suspect's black Camaro. Police say the suspect then tried to run down the officer.

At this time, police are searching for the suspect, who is described as a White man with gold teeth.

Police have ID'd the suspect, who, they think may have been injured by gunfire.

The officer is said to be in good condition.

http://www.kens5.com/news/SAPD-sear...with-gold-teeth-near-San-Pedro-121397669.html

O/T a little! I have seen this several times!
How is this pronounced? Atchafalaya .... Phonetically?
Is the At silent?

A 24 mile bridge with no land around? :hills:
No! Thank you

A 24 mile bridge and the #24 jersey. Hmmm...

Well if you want an alibi, why not just go to New Orleans and go in a bar or a Wal-Mart and get a receipt?

Precisely. Besides, it’s pretty difficult to deliver self-inflicted wounds to one’s back, so I don’t think that any those gashes were by his own hand.

Why can't they just give this perp the "truth serum"? So we can finally get to the bottom of this madness...

Where is Prof Snape when we need him? Life would be so much easier if we could not get away with lies.

Being that there is much more crime in New Orleans than Lafayette, that kind of incident might not stand out as much in NOLA as it would in Lafayette.

As for LE being so positive about placing BSL at WB, what if his wallet happened to fall out while he was disposing of the bike. He might not have noticed right away, but when he realized it was missing and he wasn't sure where it happened, he created the "my wallet was stolen" story to create an alibi of sorts.

I thought the same thing about his wallet falling out at WB but if that was the case then LE would have known it was BSL around May 26-30 when they found her bike and searched....that is unless they didn't find the wallet until later on.

There are more than two:
1) 1514 Jefferson Hwy., New Orleans, LA 70121
2) 2700 Napoleon Ave., New Orleans, LA 70115
3) 180 W Esplanade Ave, Kenner, LA 70065
4) 1514 Jefferson Hwy., New Orleans, LA 70121
5) 2500 Belle Chasse Hwy., Gretna, LA 70056

http://www.ochsner.org/emergency/

I did not realize since I moved away Oschner bought some of the other hospitals. The one in Kenner is in Jefferson Parish and right off of 90 as well.

Jefferson HWY I believe

Due to BSL dumping MS's bike at whiskey bay. His deflective & calculative nature. Would he have possibly used DTL or the Jennings serial killer's MO & locations for the body dump?

Since DTL, is locked up. This would indicate a possible copycat and terrorize the community all over again..

The Jennings serial killer hasn't been identified. This would also terrorize the community creating the illusion that he is active again after a brief sabatical...

As BSL's dominoes continue to fall, guess, time will tell, huh?

Good point. What about a lie detector test? Is that a standard thing when arrested for murder? If so, the results won't come out in trial I'm guessing. Those tests don't really work very well though with psychopaths. Or is he a socio? I forgot what I learned in psychology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amandalynn72