LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible scenario:

And, what if he did indeed take her to his mobile home, he had tied her up, did tie her up.
That would follow his procedure with his previous victimization.

Maybe he fell asleep at some point. Mickey could have had her bike tool, knife combo, whatever, in her pocket. Maybe she was able to free herself. He woke up. She stabbed him multiple times.

What if a concerned citizen tried to assist Mickey, and ended up deceased themselves?

I do find the locations and quantities of the injuries to be quite a large amount, for self-defensive wounds.

Would have thought there would have been blood found when searches were first done along the routes she might have taken that night...

So IMO he was stabbed and bitten later. Of course I'm just guessing, wishfully thinking Mickey was able to hurt him!

If anyone was really attacked at 3 p.m. why would they wait until 11 p.m. to tell the police? He didn't want police involvement, only treatment for his wounds. The hospital probably insisted on calling the police because of his story about being attacked, and so he had to quickly think up his imaginary gold-toothed tattooed robber/assailant. He is guilty as sin. :mad:
Sorry, but it's hard to be impartial in this case.

Uh-huh! And I suppose there were no employees or customers present at this 'gas station' where he was 'attacked' and 'robbed'. Glad LE didn't just blow him off and they filed a report!

I still find it hard to believe that such a narcissistic man (IMO) would consider scarring himself, particularly at a point when as far as he knew noone suspected him or was missing Mickey yet. I believe Mickey was smart and tough enough to fight back and inflict that damage. Also, maybe BSL had been drinking and wasn't as alert as he could have been at that hour.

I hope you are right! I hope she got him good.

My thinking is just that he likely cut his own finger just about off and she probably scratched him up in a bad way. And those are very, very common denominators in a person that just murdered someone.

For all we know, someone may have seen him at some point. He became paranoid and knew he had to come up with a good story.

He knew the police would question all sex offenders and what would they think when he had these classic wounds on him. This is exactly what they look for when they interview sex offenders in a woman's disappearance. He knew he had to have a story.

You're right, unless he got a replacement license right quick. We know he had whited out the *sex offender* part of his license when trying to purchase a new truck in Lafayette.

It just hit me... when an RSO purchases a new vehicle in LA is the dealership required to call LE and advise them of the purchase?
Their addresses must be verified. Probably what they drive too... :waitasec:

IMO he bought the SAME MAKE AND MODEL and whited out the sex offender in the license because he was hoping that it would slip by un-noticed!

Are laws regarding sex offenders different in TX?
That's "probably" also why he took the truck to TX to report it stolen and burn it out! HOPING... that TX wouldn't bother investigating it too much and would not advise LA LE.

I am not able to find out for sure about TX but....

http://www.lsp.org/socpr/registration.html
BINGO!!!
"A description of every vehicle registered to or operated by the offender, including license plate number and a copy of the offender's driver's license or identification card."

"Name and physical address of place of employment. If the offender does not have a fixed place of employment, the offender shall provide information with as much specificity as possible regarding the places where he works, including but not limited to travel routes used by the offender."

Well I'll be here's why LE knew his route from work! They could track him!
hmm... I may dig a little deeper.

The guy's got lawyers and they would in no way allow a lie detector test and the "truth" serum, well talk about a violation of one's civil rights. I am not at all taking up for BL, but it is what it is.

I research a lot of really old cases and was surprised to learn that back in the day, "truth" serum was used sometimes by LE. I don't know how reliable it was, or how often it was used.

I am behind today but....My thoughts.....

LPD has found blood somewhere.....either the house or the burned vehicle.....and
added to the fact that Mickey is not around, feel that he has taken her life. I hope that
they have found mixed DNA at either location.

There is another desolate location (other than Whiskey Bay) that is larger and known
to be a place where evidence is also discarded. It is the I-55/51 bridge between I-12 and I-10.

http://goo.gl/maps/C96O

By the way, I think BSL played football when he was in school.....wonder what his number was....maybe 24???

The length of the Causeway bridge across Lake Pontchartrain.....24 miles???....and it is a straight shot down Causeway Blvd. to Jefferson Highway and Ochsner Foundation Hospital.

http://goo.gl/maps/DMuo

Hope to catch up before the day is over. Sorry if these areas have already
been discussed.

I hope they did find some true unmistakeable evidence. If they have him on video kidnapping her then they could charge murder on the basis that she has not been seen or heard from again, has not used a bank account, etc. I have seen some cases like this. At least until DNA comes back from the lab.

All of BSL's "stories" remind me of Casey Anthony. The water was do muddied up with her storytelling, I think it really opened up the jurors to a lot of "what ifs" which they mistook for reasonable doubt.
Shoot, at one point I wasn't even sure if she was guilty.

"On June 4, Lavergne bought the same type of truck, a white Z71, from Don’s Wholesale on Johnston Street in Lafayette."

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...sey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

His clothes would have been bloody, imo..

BSL, would have to go home/somewhere to clean up & change clothes before being seen. Maybe whiskey bay or a nearby lake...but unless he had a change of clothes it would be futile..
Prolly went home first..

RE: up all night..
Was he tweeking/meth?

Just wondering if in fact he was "mugged or attacked" at the gas station which would be a crime as he went to the hospital and LE was called wouldn't they have taken his clothes as evidence for any future charges against the perp that attacked him? My best guess is there would be some trace evidence if he was in the truck when the attack happened! I hope they have his clothes in custody.

I'm with everyone thinking that blood, probably a large amount of blood was found in his residence and in the truck. Even if cleaned up, Luminol revealed.

And, in the burned-out truck? Yes, blood evidence can still be extracted. That thought was confirmed by a crime scene investigator on the NG program.
----------
Quoted my post about blood, because, another poster suggested that maybe blood evidence was present at the bike disposal site as well.

No it doesn't, its terrible. Especially if there's an emergency. I've had to drive an ambulance many times on that shoulder through stopped traffic.

Call me crazy but.... Let's just "say" he did stop on the bridge to throw the bike off at some ungodly dark hour~ and someone did drive past him.... upon seeing him "out of the vehicle" called 911 and reported a DWT stopped on the WB bridge... that was suspicious or in need of help? Maybe a driver that "looked" injured?

I know I would be thinking why in the heck is that dude stopped there!!!!

Would the DOT pull up cameras in the area and look for the DWT?
To see if it was still there or if it was rolling again?
Would they zoom in for a tag number and run it???

I have heard there is a police presence on the bridge... Someone mentioned a back road/dirt road he could take to get home is there a way he could have gotten off at the next exit?

The plate would come up as an RSO... but at the time no one knew MS was even missing!
Would there be a record of such a 911 call that we are not privy to?

Could this be why LE says THEY CAN PLACE HIM AT WB??:banghead:

What if a concerned citizen tried to assist Mickey, and ended up deceased themselves?

I do find the locations and quantities of the injuries to be quite a large amount, for self-defensive wounds.

I thought about this a while back but have not come across any other missing persons in the area.

I'm with everyone thinking that blood, probably a large amount of blood was found in his residence and in the truck. Even if cleaned up, Luminol revealed.

And, in the burned-out truck? Yes, blood evidence can still be extracted. That thought was confirmed by a crime scene investigator on the NG program.
----------
Quoted my post about blood, because, another poster suggested that maybe blood evidence was present at the bike disposal site as well.

Unless he studies crime investigstions! It is fairly easy to cover blood evidence if you know how. But surely he would have missed something.

Unless he studies crime investigstions! It is fairly easy to cover blood evidence if you know how. But surely he would have missed something.
----------

My bold above.

What I've learned from studying crime over the years is that some perps. use bleach, and it's fairly effective, but not as thorough as they would believe.

I have a question that came to mind reading all these posts about the offshore thing. Does LE KNOW where his offshore bag is? Could he have put Mickey into it and then gotten rid of the bag? Not necessarily off shore, but anywhere...should they be looking for an offshore bag instead of "body" (I hate to type that). Could he have put something in it to weigh it down?

May 26, 2012: BSL reports his truck as stolen in Montgomery County, TX.

May 31, 2012: BSL’s truck is found burned in San Jacinto County, TX.

May 31, 2012: BSL files motion to be removed from the sex offender registry. Hearing is scheduled for August 9th.

May 31, 2012, 9:51 a.m.: BSL rents a red Chevrolet Aveo in Spring, TX, through an insurance claim on said stolen truck.

So is it possible he drove the car he rented to the truck to set it on fire?

I don't believe BSL would have dumped Mickey's body on the way to the hospital (at least nowhere near it) as he was trying to set up an alibi. If her body was ever found near the hospital, it would look bad for him.

I agree NewYork.
I said a couple weeks ago, and another poster reiterated today, LE needs to look the exit before WB.
IMO Mickey is likely somewhere there.
Many places to hide something along that road.

I have a question that came to mind reading all these posts about the offshore thing. Does LE KNOW where his offshore bag is? Could he have put Mickey into it and then gotten rid of the bag? Not necessarily off shore, but anywhere...should they be looking for an offshore bag instead of "body" (I hate to type that). Could he have put something in it to weigh it down?
---------
Someone said that the bags get checked? Someone else said that the perp. probably wouldn't put a body in the gulf, thinking it may get washed ashore.

I don't know.

I can't post the link because I'm on my phone, but I posted this a few days ago. I'm glad to see my sources were correct. Our girl put up a fight. I heard they are searching from where they found his truck burned all the way to the New Orleans area. Again, no link, just what I heard.

A comment about putting up a fight...anyone ever see the scene from "9 to 5" where the lush keeps saying, "Atta Girl!" that's for Mickey...I would have fought to the end & then more!

Second thing, I saw he timeline & a BIG THANK YA for it, but is it going to be updated w/the new BSL info from Oschner's...Just figured I'd asked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23