LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe BSL would have dumped Mickey's body on the way to the hospital (at least nowhere near it) as he was trying to set up an alibi. If her body was ever found near the hospital, it would look bad for him.

This is the same reason I do not think she would have been taken anywhere near Texas.

I believe someone linked an article that said he arrived at the ER around 11 pm (around the same time he was interviewed by LE). He claims the attack occurred around 3 pm.

So he waited 10 or so hours after the stabbing (if Mickey did it and i hope she did)

I brought this up yesterday. It's a bit of a stretch, but if you want to go with that line of thought, considering BSL ended up in the ER at Ochsner on Jefferson Hwy (back of the hospital faces River Rd), I'd take a look at the murders committed by New Orleans area SK Russell Ellwood. (Of 26 murders, he was found guilty for two of them, but is a very likely suspect in the others)

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...PEyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=yAgGAAAAIBAJ&pg=6703,1614018

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/la-court-of-appeal/1294530.html

Thanks for posting about this case because of the area, bessie.

Some of the victims survived, even though he intended them to be dead and left them.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/la-court-of-appeal/1294530.html

Gilliam testified that when she awoke, she was in a pool of blood in a wooded, unfamiliar area.   She was transported by a passing motorist to the London Lodge Motel on Airline Highway.

Richmond testified that when she regained consciousness, she was being forced out of the car by the Spillway.   She landed face down in a mud puddle and pretended to be dead.
-------------
I think that is another reason why the time elapsed between the crime and finding the victim is so crucial.

And, I know, it is almost impossible for Mickey to be alive. So, no one needs to slam me with that again.

I guess I cling to hope.

Thanks.

Good point. What about a lie detector test? Is that a standard thing when arrested for murder? If so, the results won't come out in trial I'm guessing. Those tests don't really work very well though with psychopaths. Or is he a socio? I forgot what I learned in psychology

Much as I want LE to get a full confession out of him (if he is Mickey's murderer), lie detector tests are unreliable as some people (especially pathological liars) can pass the test - probably by remaining calm and of course, in their crazy minds they are speaking the truth, as they believe their own lies completely! JMO Also, interrogation/torture techniques can make anyone admit to anything, whether guilty or not. :slap:

We can only hope and pray that Brandon's visit to church was brought on by true remorse for all his wrongdoings and a deep need for God's forgiveness. I sense a real battle going on inside of him and I just wish the good side of him had won long before he ever hurt anyone.

I don't know how my whole reply to these posts got lost, but it did! To recap: Lie Detector tests are not very reliable, that is why they aren't allowed into evidence. Truth Serum also has proven to be less than perfect when used on certain "types" of individuals. I watched a foreign documentary not long ago that showed a psychopath lying his way through an entire interview while under the influence of truth serum. Dude even lied about his name!

Was it confirmed that he works for Wood Group? And if so, is it Wood Group PSN (a multi-national company that also does biz in the US)? If so, their website has a section for Careers. If you click on the link for American jobs, it states that "Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance available in a choice of affordable and comprehensive plans."

I would guess he opted for that benefit in which case, yes, he'd be able to seek medical care for non-workers comp related industries. His name, SSN, company name, insurance provider's name would be sufficient to get treatment.

I know someone who works offshore for a different firm and he receives excellent benefits.

Wood Group has excellent insurance benefits for their employees.

By placing himself in New Orleans, I think that the area around or on the way to NO can probably be ruled out, as well as the route to Spring, TX. So we are back to the Lafayette area, Whiskey Bay and the area of his home, IMO.

I am not clear on what time he arrived @ hospital.... The article said the same day Mickey went missing... Anybody know?

The article stated that bsl said he was mugged around 3pm on May 19th and that cops questioned him around 11pm that day. I've not found it mentioned anywhere what time he arrived at the hospital.

About 8 hours after the alleged robbery. About 21 hours or so after Mickey was last seen.

The police showed up at 11pm. There's nothing stating the time BSL got to the hospital. The police would not have been called until he was seen. According to what I've read, sometimes people have to wait for a good long while before they're seen, then time has to be allowed for the police to arrive.

The article stated that bsl said he was mugged around 3pm on May 19th and that cops questioned him around 11pm that day. I've not found it mentioned anywhere what time he arrived at the hospital.

Deputies took the report at Oschner Hospital on Jefferson Highway, said Col. John Fortunato, commander of the public information office.

KATC–TV reported Thursday that the incident report states Lavergne showed up at Oschner Hospital just after 11 p.m. on May 19. Lavergne, who had been stabbed in the chest, back, neck and hand, said he was attacked outside a gas station at 3 p.m. that day, the TV station reported.

Lavergne also claimed his wallet was stolen, KATC reported.

http://theadvocate.com/news/3334883-123/new-developments-in-shunick-case

By placing himself in New Orleans, I think that the area around or on the way to NO can probably be ruled out, as well as the route to Spring, TX. So we are back to the Lafayette area, Whiskey Bay and the area of his home, IMO.

He seems to be really good at following the rule of three. I'd almost think that we'd find Mickey somewhere removed from Whiskey Bay, New Orleans, or Texas. I'd be tempted to look in Mississippi or further east......lots of areas there to hide a body, and he certainly had enough time to travel there and back by the time he arrived at the hospital.

If anyone was really attacked at 3 p.m. why would they wait until 11 p.m. to tell the police? He didn't want police involvement, only treatment for his wounds. The hospital probably insisted on calling the police because of his story about being attacked, and so he had to quickly think up his imaginary gold-toothed tattooed robber/assailant. He is guilty as sin. :mad:
Sorry, but it's hard to be impartial in this case.

If anyone was really attacked at 3 p.m. why would they wait until 11 p.m. to tell the police? He didn't want police involvement, only treatment for his wounds. The hospital probably insisted on calling the police because of his story about being attacked, and so he had to quickly think up his imaginary gold-toothed tattooed robber/assailant. He is guilty as sin. :mad:

That is probably why his story is so preposterous. He hadn't planned on involving the police at all. And why would he? I don't think he wanted any attention, medical or otherwise, but he must have thought he could use the hospital as an alibi of sorts.

Could not agree with you more!!!.... Who waits 8 hours with stab wounds? Someone who is guilty

Just wanna mention that the advocate gets info wrong a lot and they area supposedly referencing the news station for their info so I would go back to the news channel and see how they reported the times.

Posted using the tapatalk2 app...forgive any typos please :)
I've already posted that one.

Just wanna mention that the advocate gets info wrong a lot and they area supposedly referencing the news station for their info so I would go back to the news channel and see how they reported the times.

Posted using the tapatalk2 app...forgive any typos please :)

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

On May 19th, Lavergne checked into Oschner Hospital on Jefferson Highway around 11:00 pm, claiming he had been attacked and stabbed several times by a stranger at an unknown gas station.

KATC..

He also needed an alibi for his wounds, and possibly really did feel they needed medical attention.

I agree, I think this crime was an impulse crime followed by a series of bad decisions due to him panicking. It almost seems manic. I'm not so sure its related to his intellect as much, although, I agree he may not be the sharpest tool in the shed. He was probably going on a lack of sleep, and was probably thrown off by Mickey being so tough to overpower and control. I think she delivered those wounds to him somehow, and everything went wrong from there. I think she attacked him in the truck shortly after the abduction, and he was left with several wounds he didn't expect and a truck that was now full of evidence he had to now deal with... I really don't think his wounds were self inflicted, I would think that would be the last thing an RSO would want on him after an attack. I don't think he would stab himself in the back... Any way I look at it, I can't find a plausible scenario for self inflicted wounds. I think his visit to the hospital was to cover his tracks when it came time to explain away his injuries. I don't think he expected the police coming in to question him. I'm sure that threw him a little, and probably increased his panic quite a bit. Add that to seeing his truck caught on surveillance the following week and again panic... 1st thing that came to mind, burn it... Come up with a quick story.

What if a concerned citizen tried to assist Mickey, and ended up deceased themselves?

I do find the locations and quantities of the injuries to be quite a large amount, for self-defensive wounds.

Deputies took the report at Oschner Hospital on Jefferson Highway, said Col. John Fortunato, commander of the public information office.

KATC–TV reported Thursday that the incident report states Lavergne showed up at Oschner Hospital just after 11 p.m. on May 19. Lavergne, who had been stabbed in the chest, back, neck and hand, said he was attacked outside a gas station at 3 p.m. that day, the TV station reported.

Lavergne also claimed his wallet was stolen, KATC reported. http://theadvocate.com/news/3334883-...n-shunick-case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neiljohnsavage