LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Wondergirl, thanks for posting the trailer pics in post 1566. I now see how they removed siding. I just have to add this.... we need some smile relief... look at the lower photo of the trailer and see the steps to nowhere. What is that about?

My guess is they are for people with no particular place to go.

I really do hope the area around his prior home is also searched. The one on N. Brasseaux. This would be a comfortable area for him.

Seems from post responses that it had not been verified that the BSL's DWT had a bed cover. Unless verified as fact....am taking that data out of the situation.

Also seems there were are possibilities (inc ins.) on methods for purchasing new DWT.

Anyone have any verified facts on the TX trip?

@ Wondergirl, thanks for posting the trailer pics in post 1566. I now see how they removed siding (i mean skirting). I just have to add this.... we need some smile relief... look at the lower photo of the trailer and see the steps to nowhere. What is that about?

I saw that too! I was just trying to find a satellite map of his house. I know it's not listed on google maps!

2 of my friends once got maced by police officers, 2 days later they both had very sore red eyes and said they thought their eyes were on fire it burnt so much. I couldn't help but laugh at them silly drunk boys at the time:)

My son was at one time LE and he was maced in training. His eyes were red and burned, but that didn't last all that long. To carry mace as a LEO, you must get maced. To carry a tazer, you must be tazed...they all carry guns, but that don't have to get shot...deviation from the script a bit there.:D

That is what I am confused about. I am still catching up, but, I am under the impression that someone posted that BSL was a person of interest in another murder and that the Person of interest (Possibly BSL) was in jail at the time. IF he was the suspect, he was in jail, and they had DNA, it seems they would have cross checked it. Is it confirmed that he was a suspect in a previous murder? I must have missed alot this afternoon!

There was only the victims DNA on the body.

IMO I think he injured his finger while tossing the bike into WB. The neck wound could have been done by MS and the other wounds self inflicted as a needed cover story.

Seems from post responses that it had not been verified that the BSL's DWT had a bed cover. Unless verified as fact....am taking that data out of the situation.

Also seems there were are possibilities (inc ins.) on methods for purchasing new DWT.

Anyone have any verified facts on the TX trip?

The only fact I have heard is that LE said they know how he got back from TX.

I do wonder if they have flown over the possible search areas to look for disturbed ground. I have heard that they can compare satellite images for different time frames to check for areas of disturbed land.

I do wonder if they have flown over the possible search areas to look for disturbed ground. I have heard that they can compare satellite images for different time frames to check for areas of disturbed land.

With so much swamp...how could they possibly tell, unless by chance she was placed in a non-swampy area...I can't picture him digging much if he had truly injured his hand.

A few threads back someone suggested that we look at sex off offenderrs in our area and try to determine if they have a social media acct such as Facebook. Bsl had a fb acct and used a different spelling of his last name. RSO's are not supposed to have fb accts so if we found one we can alert le.
Yesterday I tried this with 5 RSO's in my area. Georgia lists them as preditor or not. The ones I chose are considered preditors.
Well, 4 of the 5 possibly had fb accts. If I was looking for the name, for example, William Brown I would try will or Bob Brown. Sometimes I would find someone with the same name who is clearly not the person I was looking for. But 4 of the 5 turned up something interesting. None had a profile pic of a person. 2 had cartoons as profile pics. It happens that the men I was looking at we're convicted of child molestation. I did not pick 5 child preditors on purpose it just happens to be the most common RSO I had to choose from.
Anyway, I want to ask if anyone has any advice...I need more info. Anyone more fb savvy than me?

I guess one of my main reasons for not believing he just hit her in a drunken accident is the way the damage is described. LE believed he bumped her lightly from behind, and bent her rear rim. That does not sound like a drunken hit to me. If he was drunk and hit her by accident, I imagine it would be more of a side ways brush or a full on run over, not a perfect bump from behind. JMO

bbm: Can you point me to the source for this statement from LE?

ETA: Sorry -- now I see someone already asked about this part.

It makes no sense to me, either Clu and Katy.

There have been no previous reports of him drinking, right?
There is at least one previous report of him being a sex offender.
There is another report of him acting violently toward a woman (his ex).

I also don't understand the point of suggesting it was an accident in the first place.

I am confident LE in this case knows enough to know that it was not an accident, and it was first degree murder. That is what they are charging him with. They have all of the evidence.

(This is my second, but final post on the subject of an accident.) I am here in the hopes of somehow helping find MS.

bbm: What I have done is suggest that, with the evidence we have at this point, it may have been. The point is to find the truth of what happened.

But, I was hoping to do some research tomorrow since I am off to see if it would be similar to Onstar or if boats have a different GPS that makes it all possible. If it is similar, then quite possibly LE has much more information of his

Kelly

This has lots of informative info on the use of technology in investigations from a LE and suspect perspective. Not sure if it has the info you are looking for. I was interested in how it's utilized.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/213030.pdf

Thank you for that. Perhaps I should have reread it rather than go on my recollection of what was saaid. If they did indeed say "maybe", I will concede that it is not definite, though I would still be willing to believe that they based that on behavior that would be consistent with someone trolling. Just for my info, how can I delete a post I make in a case such as this, or can I?

SteveP, for a certain amount of time, a post you make will have an "edit" button if you are logged in -- you can choose that and be taken to a screen where you can make corrections, etc. After the edit button is gone, though, I'm not sure.

Snipped by me:

I don't think the weather was really that bad here for Katrina. Just a little wind and rain.

I agree. During Katrina, my family evacuated to the Lafayette area (the residents were very gracious, btw). To keep the young ones amused - and to unglue us adults from the TV coverage - we'd explore the area by car. Very little rain, as I recall.

My son was at one time LE and he was maced in training. His eyes were red and burned, but that didn't last all that long. To carry mace as a LEO, you must get maced. To carry a tazer, you must be tazed...they all carry guns, but that don't have to get shot...deviation from the script a bit there.:D

My husband is a former LEO and I recall the same. I remember asking him, what next? Are they going to shoot you, so you'll know how that feels and gauge how you'll react?

Katrina wasn't bad, but Rita and Gustav did some damage

Rita and Gustav got us pretty good!! Our home is off the ground, and we have a very large room in the back (my husbands workshop). The floors looked like a river rippeling. LOL

bbm: Can you point me to the source for this statement from LE?

ETA: Sorry -- now I see someone already asked about this part.

I am still looking for that statement, because I do remember reading something along those lines.

But if you read the following comments, and put it all together it sort of implies the same thing:

Shunick’s bike was later found near Whiskey Bay with damage that would be considered consistent with having been hit from behind by a vehicle, according to Craft.
"Detectives were able to positively identify the truck, which followed behind Mickey in the video, as belonging to Lavergne," said Craft.
Police said they don’t expect any other arrests in the Shunick case as they believe Lavergne acted alone. They said he may have been out in his truck that night, looking to find a victim.
http://www.wwltv.com/news/Person-in-custody-in-missing-Lafayette-woman-case-161495455.html

ETA: Putting this all together, LE believed it was a Bump'N'Grab, and NOT a drunken accident. I am sure they have reason to believe so, like video of him trolling the area, and forensics which would show how the bike was damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody