LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he were being monitored closely by LPD since the hospitital visit, wouldn't the officer conducting the RSO interview have knowledge of this and therefore go out and check his white Chevrolet Z71 with the picture having been released 3 days prior?
I do beleive that LE has done a supurb job, but I am just wondering about the RSO interview. Did he take his other car to this? And if so, wouldn't that also be suspicious?

I was thinking about this too. Just from what I've gathered from following the threads, and news coming out (all this is my speculation of course) is that one of the people on the forum was sluthing and found that the RSOs they looked into had been looked in on around the same time as BL. This is so far back I don't even remember which thread or who it was, sorry about that.

To me it seems they wouldn't want to tip him or anyone else off that they may be a suspect because they didn't have enough evidence (circumstantial or otherwise) so even if things were noticed they were just noted and shared with LE or whoever the information needed to go to.

They may not have known about the hospital visit until he met with the RSO people, because the hospital was in another county/parish. This check may be what started things rolling. All of this is just moo. Sorry I'm behind here I hope I'm not repeating something that has already been on the thread.

I am doing a Google Historical Search on the remains found in 1999, and since Acadia Parish is just not working for key words, I thought I would determine the names of the towns and cities in this Parish.

For anyone interested, here is a geographical map of Acadia Parish:

Map_of_Acadia_Parish_Louisiana_With_Municipal_Labels.PNG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ia_Parish_Louisiana_With_Municipal_Labels.PNG
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acadia_Parish,_Louisiana

If your curious as to what is or isn't in Acadia Parish just pm me. I am very familiar.

Just to clarify: I knew they'd said the damage was consistent with being hit by a vehicle -- just had never heard that LE stated they felt it was a "light hit". Thanks.

Well, when ABC News reported the bike was "badly damaged" Charlie posted a reply saying that was a bit of an exaggeration, that it wasn't "badly" damaged.

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10

If you scroll down the page to Thursday's story headlined as
Possible grave site found in St. Landry Parish near Brandon Lavergne's property

and check out the comments - one in particular caught my attention!

<modsnip>

Thanks for the tip I will Remember that when I'm working as a nurse in 6 months and pass it on:)

It is all about bases and acids and pH. Remember those? Mace is an acid, milk is an alkaline and thus milk neutralizes acids. Milk also works as an antidote to some other acid ingestions. Put that also in your nursing notes.

There was a captain of Sayeret Matkal, Israel's special anti-terror and assassin unit, on flight 11. His name was Captain Daniel Lewin. Out of every 2500 Israelis who try to make this unit, only 25 make it and one is chosen captain. Captain Lewin could reportedly bench press more than 300 pounds and squat nearly 500. Yet, he was reportedly killed by Satam al-Suqami, one of the skinniest highjackers, armed only with a box cutter.

That being said, my guess is the injury on Lavergne's kneck was caused by Shunick desperately grabbing and, out of desperation and with a rush of adrenalin, pulling and actually causing a deep tear in his skin.

Hrm. Maybe. Torn skin does have that pinkish gap. However, I think the nail indentations would be deeper if the skin was torn apart like you are theorizing. So far it looks like a shallow blade cut to me. But I bet that bled something fierce.

Interesting how silent the people in BSL's life are. His mother and brother have issues statements sympathetic to the Shunicks, the pastor expressed how surprised they were to learn about BSL's connection to crime -- despite the fact that BSL participated in the church's 'prison outreach program' ( my term - I don't recall the actual verbage used in the article. We've heard from a hairdresser, a rental car agent (a one-time contact, presumably) , a car saleswoman (another one-time contact?), one high school friend who recalls BSL being bullied and a relative here (someguy). Oh, and the guy who wrote the letter of recommendation upon completing the RSO program. No co-workers coming forward...no ex-girlfriends, no checkout clerks at the grocery, no other acquaintances. Sad....and yet telling.

Some other towns in Acadia parish are Mire, Egan, Iota,Branch,Richard,Estherwood,Morse,and Roberts Cove.

I am doing a Google Historical Search on the remains found in 1999, and since Acadia Parish is just not working for key words, I thought I would determine the names of the towns and cities in this Parish.

For anyone interested, here is a geographical map of Acadia Parish:

Map_of_Acadia_Parish_Louisiana_With_Municipal_Labels.PNG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ia_Parish_Louisiana_With_Municipal_Labels.PNG
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acadia_Parish,_Louisiana

Good post.

I think it is possible the siding issue is a red herring.

As you can see by the pile of siding that is in an old truck box carcass, as originally pointed out by Cajun Stong, I think, BSL already had the siding, so, perhaps he had simply been working on it in no relation to Mickey.

Here is the picture of the siding, beside one of his cars, the silver abandon car.

bilde

http://cmsimg.dailyworld.com/apps/p...MaxW=640&Border=0&Teams-continue-search-clues

528870_341418489269604_1455935998_n.jpg

Police finishing up the search at Brandon Lavergne's house. They removed the skirting off of both ends of the house to look underneath for any evidence.

ETA by Me: LE kept the skirting removed.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Did anyone think that perhaps he removed the siding to get under the house to remove boards from the flooring that perhaps had blood on them? Maybe it was not the siding that was important but something that was under the mobile home itself that he removed. Damaged carpet, damaged floors, etc.

Interesting how silent the people in BSL's life are. His mother and brother have issues statements sympathetic to the Shunicks, the pastor expressed how surprised they were to learn about BSL's connection to crime -- despite the fact that BSL participated in the church's 'prison outreach program' ( my term - I don't recall the actual verbage used in the article. We've heard from a hairdresser, a rental car agent (a one-time contact, presumably) , a car saleswoman (another one-time contact?), one high school friend who recalls BSL being bullied and a relative here (someguy). Oh, and the guy who wrote the letter of recommendation upon completing the RSO program. No co-workers coming forward...no ex-girlfriends, no checkout clerks at the grocery, no other acquaintances. Sad....and yet telling.

Telling how? He didn't have friends? People suspected he was capable or he would eventually...? Or maybe people are just scared he will get off and come after them.

Here's another thought re. BSL's hospital visit: when he was questioned by LE, he had conveniently had his driver's license "stolen", thus preventing them immediately seeing his sex offender status. I'm wondering how quickly LE knew of his record and status, simply by having his name and address on the report.
:waitasec:

Chief Craft said at the press conference on July 6th, "A: Uhm, the bike was consistent &#8211; the rear rim was consistent with being struck by a vehicle and &#8230;"

A reporter cut him off before he could finish.

bbm: Now there's a switch -- usually the other way 'round! LOL

Here's another thought re. BSL's hospital visit: when he was questioned by LE, he had conveniently had his driver's license "stolen", thus preventing them immediately seeing his sex offender status. I'm wondering how quickly LE knew of his record and status, simply by having his name and address on the report.

Not sure about LA but in Ohio you have to register yor address as a RSO. That way when and if ou get pulled over they run your name and it comes up. I know deputies will go to houses to make sure the RSO still resides there

Did anyone think that perhaps he removed the siding to get under the house to remove boards from the flooring that perhaps had blood on them? Maybe it was not the siding that was important but something that was under the mobile home itself that he removed. Damaged carpet, damaged floors, etc.

I haven't lived in a mobile home, but wouldn't it have been at least as easy to pull up carpet, floorboards, base boards, etc. from inside the home? Certainly he'd be out of prying eyes.... I'm speculating that IF the skirting is relevent, it's b/c something else was stashed there. I don't believe it to be Mickey, though. Perhaos her belongings, his bloody clothes... just guessing.

It is not surprising. LE has more than likely talked to the family and maybe close friends if he had any, as have BSL's lawyers. They probably asked them to keep silent. There are others who may not want to be associated with him.

There are several Brandon Lavergnes in Louisiana. He may have just told them his name and he could have given them either a fake address or the address of one of the other Brandon Lavergnes.

Telling how? He didn't have friends? People suspected he was capable or he would eventually...? Or maybe people are just scared he will get off and come after them.

Usually you'll see headlines about how friends and coworkers are shocked. I haven't seen a single comment from anyone who seems surprised. Who never saw it coming. Who had a beer with him the first week of June and he seemed as normal as always. Not one single coworker. Just speculating but did he not have casual relationships with anyone who is willing to come forward and say that they observed something good or kind? Again, my thoughts only.

What do you make of their silence? I don't know what to make of it? Police hushing them or are there just no other acquaintances? Im surprised his mother hasn't said more

It is not surprising. LE has more than likely talked to the family and maybe close friends if he had any, as have BSL's lawyers. They probably asked them to keep silent. There are others who may not want to be associated with him.

There are several Brandon Lavergnes in Louisiana. He may have just told them his name and he could have given them either a fake address or the address of one of the other Brandon Lavergnes.

Possibly, but there's usually at least a few casual acquaintances who want thto respond to a subseqeir 10 seconds of fame and who will talk, or perhaps do not register on LE's radar (So they weren't asked not to talk). Then reporters can be pretty resourceful.

I agree 100% about those not wishing to be associated with him. Side note: I was surprised to see how many Brandon Lavergnes there are.

Edited to add to Justwannahelp: I'm not surprised by his mother's silence. I'm guessing she was asked by his attys not to speak publicly. As for others, perhaps he didn't form casual friendships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3