LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have carried a mini box cutter for years in my purse or pocket. I chose it over a knife because if the razor blade-like sharpness. I feel I have a better chance at getting in a few good deep and sharp lacerations than a good stab. A stab takes more force and you get less stabs per minute!

I guess self defense just depends on the person. I have a stun gun and will have a concealed carry permit soon. I want the perp to go down immediately. I dont want to injure him to get enough time to hopefully run away. I want him down and I dont want the possibility of him getting back up at least til LE gets there. So I guess thats why I just dont understand the boxcutter self defense method. A few deep lacerations is just going to piss him off. He needs to stop NOW

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

JMO but I think the only trigger that sent bsl off was that he saw MS and had opportunity. I think by saying having a fight with his Gf, being drunk or his dad being sick just gives him excuse as to why he could do such a thing! I believe that his driving around isn't just a one off and would most likely be a hobby of his that he did quiet often.

I disagree. I believe the stressors in BSLs life played a large part in this happening.

There are eight paraphilias in the DSM-IV-TR (diagnostic & statistical manual of mental disorders. 4th edition, text revision) used here in the US by mental health professionals.

One is sexual sadism where a person achieves sexual gratification by inflicting cruelty, pain or emotional abuse on ohers. They may rape, torture, whip, cut,burn, beat, stab and humiliate.Cause may be biological, behavioral-(victim as a child of such behavior),Neuroendocrine disorders, or psychosocial stressors.

Risk factors include a concurrent mental disorder or personality disorder or dysfunctional family life and isolation/ emotional/sexual/ physical abuse.

YES, probably so! If he picked the bike up to dispose of it his injured finger could have left blood evidence. Wouldn't he have thought of that though?? As far as I can remember many news outlets reported the bike "partly submerged" there was mention of trash piles because of WB's reputation as a dump site, but I haven't read a single report alleging the bike placed in the garbage piles. Someone please post a link to support the bike NOT being found in water. I sure it was reported "partly submerged." And that would probably lead him to believe prints and DNA might wash away if the bike were found. Seems pretty dumb to touch the bike with your bare bloody hand and toss it into a pile of trash...

Would his dna be left on the bike after so many days under water? I am not knowledgable about those kind of things!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Hey yourself,, :)

Yes, legally speaking, you're right. I was thinking in terms of his planning this for a week or month or year and having certain actions preplanned, vs. having 5 minutes to plan after he got her in his truck
I believe the issue y'all are discussing is not a matter of premeditation but rather a matter of STALKING.......WHETHER HE STALKED HER IN ADVANCE OR NOT.......because premeditation is definately there from a legal standpoint.

Anywho, does anybody else think that maybe his initial intentions were to bring HER to oshners? IMO its possible he had initially thought maybe that he could bring her to the hospital way out of town to avoid trouble with the law....and IMO on the way she started panicking and trying to fight back because she didn't want to be taken there.....IMO they could have even possibly argued for a bit. IMO perhaps it was an accident and IMO maybe got into truck willingly because she was convinced he was just trying to help. IMO

IMO .......AN ABLE BODIED MICKEY WHO WAS ABLE TO FIGHT BACK.....WOULD HAVE BEEN HARD TO GET INTO THE TRUCK LOAD THE BIKE ETC.....PICKING UP EVERY BELONGING AND PERSONAL ITEM WITH HER ABLE BODIWD ENOUGH TO FIGHT BACK WOULD BE REALLY HARD TO DO QUIETLY! IMO....she would have fought back and made lots of noise and hoopla.....so if she fought back to cause those cuts.....then she probably got into the truck willingly thinking he was trying to help.....MOO

Did anyone think that perhaps he removed the siding to get under the house to remove boards from the flooring that perhaps had blood on them? Maybe it was not the siding that was important but something that was under the mobile home itself that he removed. Damaged carpet, damaged floors, etc.

Eh, it may not make a difference, but the siding is on a double axle trailer, not an old truck bed. It could mean that he had gotten it from somewhere and planned to replace his with it, or it could be just scrap. All I can see is a little bit of the siding off of the end of his trailer. Was this done by LE? Or maybe he had it off to fix a water leak or something? I don't know just speculating as I'm kinda behind. JMO

I was in Lafayette picking up two horses Thursday and drove down to WB, parked, got out and said a prayer for Mickey and her family. It sure is a foreboding place in person.

I disagree. I believe the stressors in BSLs life played a large part in this happening.

There are eight paraphilias in the DSM-IV-TR (diagnostic & statistical manual of mental disorders. 4th edition, text revision) used here in the US by mental health professionals.

One is sexual sadism where a person achieves sexual gratification by inflicting cruelty, pain or emotional abuse on ohers. They may rape, torture, whip, cut,burn, beat, stab and humiliate.Cause may be biological, behavioral-(victim as a child of such behavior),Neuroendocrine disorders, or psychosocial stressors.

Risk factors include a concurrent mental disorder or personality disorder or dysfunctional family life and isolation/ emotional/sexual/ physical abuse.

Are you saying you don't think he needed a stressor because he appears to be a sexual sadist? That's what I believe. He decided he needed "release" and went looking for a victim. Everything in this life could have been absolutely fine. He just wanted to have his world rocked. Unfortunately the way sexual sadists achieve that means a woman ( or a man or child) will be sexually molested in some way and may be killed.

Possibly, but there's usually at least a few casual acquaintances who want thto respond to a subseqeir 10 seconds of fame and who will talk, or perhaps do not register on LE's radar (So they weren't asked not to talk). Then reporters can be pretty resourceful.

I agree 100% about those not wishing to be associated with him. Side note: I was surprised to see how many Brandon Lavergnes there are.

Edited to add to Justwannahelp: I'm not surprised by his mother's silence. I'm guessing she was asked by his attys not to speak publicly. As for others, perhaps he didn't form casual friendships.

I agree with everything you are saying about people not wanting to be associated with him, or those the le have talked to being told to not say anything. But there was one casual acquaintance, the hairdresser, in the article she said she was shocked.

Edited to add: But it seems those close to him were not surprised by their reactions. Just moo

I agree with everything you are saying about people not wanting to be associated with him, or those the le have talked to being told to not say anything. But there was one casual acquaintance, the hairdresser, in the article she said she was shocked.

Yep. I stand corrected. :) But I wonder if she was shocked b/c she thought she knew him, or shocked b/c a potential murderer sat in her chair and asked her out...perhaps a bit of both.

Yep. I stand corrected. :)

Sorry Kitty, that wasn't the intention. :) It is easy to forget that sort of thing, when only one person has said something about him being charming and nice. I completely get what you are saying though. Those closest to him did not seem surprised at all, just my opinion of course.

Yep. I stand corrected. :) But I wonder if she was shocked b/c she thought she knew him, or shocked b/c a potential murderer sat in her chair and asked her out...perhaps a bit of both.

This is true! It could be one or the other, and she couldn't have known him very well having seen him only a few times in the past few years. And for short amounts of time since she was cutting his hair.

People who know him can't exactly say how shocked they are; he did serve a prison term for s violent sexual offense. So it is not like "we were so shocked to hear of his arrest, he seemed so normal..."

I believe the issue y'all are discussing is not a matter of premeditation but rather a matter of STALKING.......WHETHER HE STALKED HER IN ADVANCE OR NOT.......because premeditation is definately there from a legal standpoint.

Anywho, does anybody else think that maybe his initial intentions were to bring HER to oshners? IMO its possible he had initially thought maybe that he could bring her to the hospital way out of town to avoid trouble with the law....and IMO on the way she started panicking and trying to fight back because she didn't want to be taken there.....IMO they could have even possibly argued for a bit. IMO perhaps it was an accident and IMO maybe got into truck willingly because she was convinced he was just trying to help. IMO

IMO .......AN ABLE BODIED MICKEY WHO WAS ABLE TO FIGHT BACK.....WOULD HAVE BEEN HARD TO GET INTO THE TRUCK LOAD THE BIKE ETC.....PICKING UP EVERY BELONGING AND PERSONAL ITEM WITH HER ABLE BODIWD ENOUGH TO FIGHT BACK WOULD BE REALLY HARD TO DO QUIETLY! IMO....she would have fought back and made lots of noise and hoopla.....so if she fought back to cause those cuts.....then she probably got into the truck willingly thinking he was trying to help.....MOO

bbm: Actually, yes, that did cross my mind. I'm not giving that possibility a lot of weight, but -- just the fact that he chose to weave at least one (and maybe two, but the second is rumor) hospital/s into his "cover" made me wonder if at some point he was thinking about hospitals in connection with "what to do with the girl" (this is if the accident scenario applies, of course).

Taser to keep her quiet until she could be tied up and gagged.

Never once crossed my mind that he was bringing Mickey to Ochsners. If he wanted medical treatment for her, he could have dropped her outside a local emergency room or an urgent care center and took off.

Never once crossed my mind that he was bringing Mickey to Ochsners. If he wanted medical treatment for her, he could have dropped her outside a local emergency room or an urgent care center and took off.

bbm: Yes, very true. I was not thinking specifically of only Ochsners but wondering if at some point he may have considered doing something much like you describe regarding a medical drop-off as one of his options.

One reason I am willing to give a possible accident scenario some weight is because of Mickey's mom's plea early on for the person involved to drop her off at a hospital if there had been an accident. I still wonder if there was/is some evidence known to LE that an accident may be how the whole chain of events started. JMO. The kidnapping charge would still apply in that case, if he opted not to drop her off for medical attention but instead to hold her, and of course the murder charge could still apply if he ended up murdering her.

BBM: that is something that happens in New Orleans ALL THE TIME. So, it's not like he'd be the first to ever do it. Had whatever events with Mickey transpired in NOLA, he'd have a far better chance of "getting away with it" because their caseload is overflowing, as it is. This case would just get tacked to the end of an already long line...which is one reason I can lend some credence to the theory that maybe he initially did have plans to bring Mickey to Ochsner. If we stick with the 'accident/taking her to the hospital theory, it stands to reason that, as he was driving to NOLA, he realized that once they linked her to Lafayette, the case would get handed over from NOPD to LPD, thus making it front and center instead of the "just another day in NOLA crime" case it would be for NOPD. He panicked, a fight ensued, and he wound up needing medical attention?

All JMO and 100% pure speculation on my part. I need sleep, I think. Sleep deprivation is making me think weird things. ;)

If BSL wanted to get help for MIckey at Ochsner Hospital, why wait about 16 hours?
The last time Mickey is seen is about 2am. He talks to JPSO at 10:16. He said he spoke to NOPD for 2 hours. That means he arrived by at the latest 8:16. Give him 2.5 hours to get to Lafayette. That means he left his house at about 5:30 pm.

I think what the other poster and I were getting at is more like: maybe there was an accident; at one point he may have considered taking Mickey to a hospital -- things went bad -- but the hospital concept may have lingered in his mind and influenced the "cover" he chose to try to implement ...

If BSL wanted to get help for MIckey at Ochsner Hospital, why wait about 16 hours?
The last time Mickey is seen is about 2am. He talks to JPSO at 10:16. He said he spoke to NOPD for 2 hours. That means he arrived by at the latest 8:16. Give him 2.5 hours to get to Lafayette. That means he left his house at about 5:30 pm.

For most sensible/reasonable people, the scenario doesn't make sense. But, when you're accused and convicted of the heinous acts BSL is accused of and has been convicted of, I don't think logic applies to their thought process. If they were logical or reasonable, in any sense of the word(s), they wouldn't have committed the crimes in the first place.

This is my vision that I see that may have happened... I see Brandon at a stop sign or red light and notices s young hot chick alone on her bike, so he puts his window down and says something flirty and she doesn't respond so he says something nasty <modsnip> And I see her sticking the bird and and giving him a dirty rejection kind of look. So he gets pissed and follows her hits her from behind jumps out his truck and not sure what happened next...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal