LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To Someguy: please call the police and tell them. Please.

Admins: this is my first post ever. I am on my phone. I don't know how to quote him. I tried but got an error. Sorry.
Choose "quick reply to this message" in bottom corner of message you're replying to, and then check "quote message in reply" on the bottom left corner of the message box.

What about Danielle Van Dam, Elizabeth Smart (both 2002), Polly Klaas (1993)??? Chandra Levy (2001)? There had to be a massive search for those girls.

I appreciate your criticism of my statement and am taking your observations in.

What I meant to say, is that I think the search for Dru was similar in it's level of community involvement to what the search for Mickey is.

Thank you.

I am a relative of BL. I know that his birth sister lives in Spring, TX, right next to Montgomery county. I also think that his birth mother lives in the area as well. Not sure if the police know about this or not. Not sure if they know he has had some contact with his birth family members, but I know that several months ago he was saying he was going to visit his real sister and mother.

I really want to know more about the evidence they have against him. So many people want answers including myself. I certainly believe he is capable of the crime, but I would like to know more evidence than what they have released, it all seems so circumstantial. I have considered calling the police and telling them about his relationship with his birth sister in the area if there is some sort of connection. I'm not sure why else he would have chose Montgomery county as the place to come and ditch the truck.

When a family member spoke to BL after the arrest, one of the things he said was, "they did it to me again" which i take as him stating that he was wrongfully accused again.

Don't lash out at me I'm not defending anybody just want to know more like everyone else. And i think the reason for the police withholding information is to try to keep the trial in Lafayette which in my opinion is ridicules because there is no chance in hell he would receive a fair trial there.

--------

Thank you.

I keep referencing BSL's mother's quote on the FB wall. I'm wondering, had she noticed a change in his behavior or unexplicable wounds, would she testify for the prosecution?

I think she may have noticed a few things after the fact. When she made the post it seemed she was in shock and she said that she had'nt spoken with LE but cooperate. I feel as though she is a really genuine "good person" and she would give any information she had rather than protect the son. JMO

I think she may have noticed a few things after the fact. When she made the post it seemed she was in shock and she said that she had'nt spoken with LE but cooperate. I feel as though she is a really genuine "good person" and she would give any information she had rather than protect the son. JMO

I'm putting myself in her shoes. If it comes to that, I can't think of a braver thing a mother could do.

I hope they did a good search. The weather is getting bad here in St Landry parish. I just noticed which church they were searching and I doubt he would have gone their to bury her, it's too open around there, you can see all around their from the hwy.

I think that his mother could be the one to help in this case.

This would stand to reason for a normal person with empathetic qualities. Psychopaths feel no human emotions. In the Gary Hilton DP trial for the murder of Cheryl Dunlap(FL), a video of an interview by LE with his recently deceased biological Mother shared her memories of his life from childhood. It brought tears to most people watching it. The livestream tv camera panned on him several times. He showed no emotions..

Imo, BSL's adoptive Mother means no more to him than his Pastor. In fact, it would not surprise me if he thought of them as worthless pawns to achieve his goals, and only held them in contempt...

Sad to say, but this is the tragic reality...
jmho

I don't know of a case when a mother was able to get a suspect to give up a body and/or confess...? Presumably they all have mothers...if they do it, it is for themselves at their lawyer's advice, IMO.

This would stand to reason for a normal person with empathetic qualities. Psychopaths feel no human emotions. In the Gary Hilton DP trial for the murder of Cheryl Dunlap(FL), a video of an interview by LE with his recently deceased biological Mother shared her memories of his life from childhood. It brought tears to most people watching it. The livestream tv camera panned on him several times. He showed no emotions..

Imo, BSL's adoptive Mother means no more to him than his Pastor. In fact, it would not surprise me if he thought of them as worthless pawns to achieve his goals, and only held them in contempt...

Sad to say, but this is the tragic reality...
jmho
--------------
IMO: True, that. However, his adoptive mom could supply some valuable info. regardless to whether she might be able to get him to "crack."

I agree with you. I'm guessing his mother knows him inside out - all the good and the bad (and the ugly). I think she was very quick to make a public apology to the Shunick family and it only served to seal his guilt and make her look better IMO. My opinion of BSL is that he is most likely an expert at compartmentalizing his life. He manages to keep a job, have a girlfriend, keep family ties, but also has this sick obsession that needs to be fed by seeking victims that he can somehow view as *other* than human. He then wipes the slate clean by disposing of all evidence of the crime and effectively *brain bleaches* the guilt from his mind. Although he probably disposes of evidence, I suspect he keeps a trophy of some kind from each victim JMO
:mad:

Just want to say hi guys Im have been following here from the begning here but have never post anything but couldnt hold out any longer today i heard awhile back that bsl work out of the belle chasse office of that company and may have left out of Venice for offshore well Im from iberia parish and have a sister who lives in gretna and spent many year traveling there from US90/I49 and have travel 10 not just leaving from iberia parish also upper st Martin and have found that the US 90 is the easy route there is a lot of sugarcane fields on this route and a lot of land where there is not traffic for offshore month are not at but in the next couple of months is harvest i just hope that this case has reachas reach the home of the ones who will be working them fields any report any thing strange sorry for so much on my first post just had to get it out there

I'm putting myself in her shoes. If it comes to that, I can't think of a braver thing a mother could do.

I have a brother who is no stranger to criminal activity and what my family has learned is when it comes to a psychological disorder/ mental illness people can have different sides to them. In our case it's a stand by him and be encouraging when he is doing well and when he's not we always do the right thing other than lie/ protect him. Fortunately in our situation his crimes have all been stupid/non violent towards others but I have personally revoked bond, called police etc. in times where I knew thats what had to be done even though he's my brother and I love him. I know my family would all do the same. A little OT but there is certainly some psychological issues with BSL in my opinion.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already. I really do try to keep up with all the posts. Have dogs been taken out to BSL's house since the arrest? Would it be too late for that due to weather or other reasons?

:welcome5:

There are at least three new posters on this thread! Thanks for joining!

To "Some Guy" please, please call LE with your information.

I would hope they already have the bio family information, but they may not know what you have to share.

:please: It may just be the tip that leads to Mickey?

Guys, I'm trying to hold a slither of hope she is still alive too.... But if Brandon has been offshore the 2 weeks previous to his arrest, how could she be? Wouldn't he need to have been keeping track/hold of her?

So in my opinion, I would only be "happy" if there IS a second perp, and he has Mickey, ALIVE.

One thing that keeps me believing she may still be alive, he's been so smart yet sloppy with other things in the case. Even dating back to his 1999 incident (he forgot the wash cloth with his DNA, dead give away). But yeah, the burnt truck, the obvious weird let me trade in this truck for one exactly like it, his weird show up at church even though he had not attended in years, the possibility that there is something they found on the bike or in that general area that they are not saying, him being placed at the exact location.

So it seems like a body, something really noticeable, would possibly have been found by now since he does things in a sort of sly yet unthinking manner.

I hope that's the case...
I want her alive.

I have a brother who is no stranger to criminal activity and what my family has learned is when it comes to a psychological disorder/ mental illness people can have different sides to them. In our case it's a stand by him and be encouraging when he is doing well and when he's not we always do the right thing other than lie/ protect him. Fortunately in our situation his crimes have all been stupid/non violent towards others but I have personally revoked bond, called police etc. in times where I knew thats what had to be done even though he's my brother and I love him. I know my family would all do the same. A little OT but there is certainly some psychological issues with BSL in my opinion.

I think you are very, very brave. That says so much about your character. Thank you.

So many have posted with my exact thoughts prior to me composing myself to type. The roller coaster I've been on just never ends ..... I can't imagine what the Shunick family is going through.

May Jesus cradle Mickey and her family in his arms.
God bless them with strength.:angel: Love to you Mickey.

Amen.:grouphug:

Perhaps he will lose some confidence when that grand jury endictment comes and crack once he knows a little more of what they have on him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's my hope, too. It is possible that once all this sinks in, BSL might do the right thing (unlikely, but stranger things have happened).

Just want to say hi guys Im have been following here from the begning here but have never post anything but couldnt hold out any longer today i heard awhile back that bsl work out of the belle chasse office of that company and may have left out of Venice for offshore well Im from iberia parish and have a sister who lives in gretna and spent many year traveling there from US90/I49 and have travel 10 not just leaving from iberia parish also upper st Martin and have found that the US 90 is the easy route there is a lot of sugarcane fields on this route and a lot of land where there is not traffic for offshore month are not at but in the next couple of months is harvest i just hope that this case has reachas reach the home of the ones who will be working them fields any report any thing strange sorry for so much on my first post just had to get it out there

Welcome to you and all the new members

:welcome:

I am a relative of BL. I know that his birth sister lives in Spring, TX, right next to Montgomery county. I also think that his birth mother lives in the area as well. Not sure if the police know about this or not. Not sure if they know he has had some contact with his birth family members, but I know that several months ago he was saying he was going to visit his real sister and mother.

I really want to know more about the evidence they have against him. So many people want answers including myself. I certainly believe he is capable of the crime, but I would like to know more evidence than what they have released, it all seems so circumstantial. I have considered calling the police and telling them about his relationship with his birth sister in the area if there is some sort of connection. I'm not sure why else he would have chose Montgomery county as the place to come and ditch the truck.

When a family member spoke to BL after the arrest, one of the things he said was, "they did it to me again" which i take as him stating that he was wrongfully accused again.

Don't lash out at me I'm not defending anybody just want to know more like everyone else. And i think the reason for the police withholding information is to try to keep the trial in Lafayette which in my opinion is ridicules because there is no chance in hell he would receive a fair trial there.

If you haven't already, please please call LE and let them know. It's quite possible they already have the info, but in case they don't know that his birth family is in the vicinity of where the truck was found, it could be really helpful. Welcome to Web Sleuths!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub