LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! If I was robbed and stabbed in NOLA and almost lost a finger and then my truck was stolen and burned in Texas, I would be scared to go anywhere!!

^ True that. I wonder whether there is a report of the alleged robbery filed with NOPD (doubtful, or we probably would have heard about it). Wondering if he was robbed only of cash...if CCs were stolen, certainly he'd report it to the CC company. Driver's license would have had to be replaced if his whole wallet was taken. Surely there'd be a record of that. I can generally suspend disbelief pretty easily, but with this "robbery"...not so much. :what:

Someones post seems to think I'm BL's brother which I am not.
I have submitted the form to verify.

About a week before she went missing, Brandon's father had some serious health problems and had to be hospitalized. He was in the hospital for a total of 2 weeks and she went missing about halfway through his stay. Towards the end of his hospital stay it was strange that Brandon wasn't around and when his father was being released and it was strange that he wasn't around to come pick him up from the hospital. Brandon said he was in New Orleans and had been robbed and stabbed and couldn't pick him up so his brother had to. one of his fingers had nearly been cut off.

Which father are you referring to, adoptive or bio? Is the 'she' you are referring to Mickey? Thanks

Just to clarify:
Some of us have been trying to think about scenarios in which Mickey might still be alive. I doubt that anyone thinks she has been tied up and left alone for all this time. Unfortunately, the other possibilities are just as grim. If this involved human trafficking, for example, she could have been taken to Mexico by vehicle or even flown out by private aircraft. I don't have the stats on human trafficking but there are probably perps who would pay huge sums of money for young women of a certain profile. No one is saying that we believe this happened to Mickey, only that it is one possibility. It is not denying reality, only exploring the idea that there are other possibilities. :twocents:

But why destroy the truck unless it contained evidence of a crime?

^ True that. I wonder whether there is a report of the alleged robbery filed with NOPD (doubtful, or we probably would have heard about it). Wondering if he was robbed only of cash...if CCs were stolen, certainly he'd report it to the CC company. Driver's license would have had to be replaced if his whole wallet was taken. Surely there'd be a record of that. I can generally suspend disbelief pretty easily, but with this "robbery"...not so much. :what:

I'm sure the robbery was his story if he sought medical attention. Any Dr. or Emerg Nurse knows a knife wound when they see one. Are they not mandatory to be reported to LE by Emerg. Physicians/Staff in your Country?

Bringing this forward in case it was overlooked

Hi, Im curious regarding BSL's first conviction. I hope it's not intrusive of me to ask. I'd like to know if your family believed BSL was innocent of his first conviction as he seems to believe that. Or if BSL is one of those people who believe they never do anything wrong. We all have those in our lives who do nothing wrong. Just curious and felt it might provide us information on BSL's personality. Thank you for sharing what you have already with us. If my question is too personal I understand completely and it's ok if you don't answer.

Thanks and welcome to WebSleuths
Karen

just my :twocents:

in my opinion he was not robbed and stabbed in NOLA.. he was making excuses for his injuries

this guy was setting up his stories if you will along with the elaborate scheme with his truck (why he had to buy a new one).

I also tend to believe that the DA has a lot more on him that we don't even know about yet. While he thought he was pretty clever it sure caught up with him, didn't it.

:moo:

this guy's actions set back the investigation but only for a bit....

I don't personally think he will "talk" until a true bill comes down and his defense team presents him with the evidence the state has. If he ever talks about where he put Mickey it will be after that.. when there is some deal making going on about the death penalty.

again :moo:

Just thinking, BSL told his family and presumably his girlfriend, that he was in New Orleans and had been beaten and robbed, while he was probably in reality in Texas. Did he tell the family that his truck was stolen as well? Just wondering if the family knew he had a new truck and what the reason was he gave for getting a new one

just my :twocents:

in my opinion he was not robbed and stabbed in NOLA.. he was making excuses for his injuries

this guy was setting up his stories if you will along with the elaborate scheme with his truck (why he had to buy a new one).

I also tend to believe that the DA has a lot more on him that we don't even know about yet. While he thought he was pretty clever it sure caught up with him, didn't it.

:moo:

this guy's actions set back the investigation but only for a bit....

I don't personally think he will "talk" until a true bill comes down and his defense team presents him with the evidence the state has. If he ever talks about where he put Mickey it will be after that.. when there is some deal making going on about the death penalty.

again :moo:

I agree 100%.

About a week before she went missing, Brandon's father had some serious health problems and had to be hospitalized. He was in the hospital for a total of 2 weeks and she went missing about halfway through his stay. Towards the end of his hospital stay it was strange that Brandon wasn't around and when his father was being released and it was strange that he wasn't around to come pick him up from the hospital. Brandon said he was in New Orleans and had been robbed and stabbed and couldn't pick him up so his brother had to. one of his fingers had nearly been cut off.

This makes me happy to know that Mickey fought very strong against him, yet very sick to know that he won.

This might have been Mickeys box cutter that she used, not an actual knife.

Someguy-
Thanks for this. I am so sorry that this is the reality for your family... and for the Shunicks. His injuries make me think that this was bad, real bad for Mickey. I'm so sad - hard to hold back the emotions. I can hardly type.
What are you thinking? Will he tell where Mickey is? Do you have any ideas where he may have taken her?
Bless you for sharing.

Someguy, just a request: Do you happen to know the dates of these events? The members here have put together a pretty detailed timeline about this case. If you could help verify some of the dates regarding Brandon's whereabouts (work and personal) that would be a huge benefit. Thank you.

But why destroy the truck unless it contained evidence of a crime?

Well, hypothetically speaking, he (suspect) could have had Mickey in his truck long enough to transfer her to another vehicle. After which he got rid of the truck because of fears regarding hair, skin or blood evidence. In this hypothetical situation, he no longer has her, but he still has a problem with his truck.

Edited to add: I am speaking hypothetically, because I understand these scenarios do not seem very likely. (Even so, I'll be holding out to the last possible hope and grasping at straws for as long as I can...)

Coming up at 5:00 today - we just got an incident report in from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office that indicates Brandon Lavergne was in a hospital there almost 24 hours after Mickey's disappearance; he was being treated for stabbed wounds. We're writing up the story now, and will provide more information shortly.

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

Well, hypothetically speaking, he (suspect) could have had Mickey in his truck long enough to transfer her to another vehicle. After which he got rid of the truck because of fears regarding hair, skin or blood evidence. In this hypothetical situation, he no longer has her, but he still has a problem with his truck.

I fear that the interior of the truck was too compromised to be saved, and if so, Mickey was probably killed inside it. Sorry to say that. Of course we all want her to come home, but I guess I am too cynical.

Coming up at 5:00 today - we just got an incident report in from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office that indicates Brandon Lavergne was in a hospital there almost 24 hours after Mickey's disappearance; he was being treated for stabbed wounds. We're writing up the story now, and will provide more information shortly.

KATC facebook

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

On 05/19/12 at 11:00, Detectives from Jefferson Parish were called to Oschner's Hospital where BSL sought treatment for injuries....BSL claims he was attacked at a gas station by a white male on 05/19/12 at 3:00pm ...claimed to have been stabbed in the chest, back, neck, AND HAND...claims his wallet was stolen ...WHEN QUESTIONED BY OFFICERS, BSL CLAIMED THAT HE WASN'T SURE OF THE LOCATION OF THE GAS STATION WHERE THE ASSAULT TOOK PLACE.

second time in a day or two yall referred to dtl as dexter... his name is derrick todd lee

lets keep calm and help find mickey!!

I'm perfectly calm, thank you.

I'm sure the robbery was his story if he sought medical attention. Any Dr. or Emerg Nurse knows a knife wound when they see one. Are they not mandatory to be reported to LE by Emerg. Physicians/Staff in your Country?

If an RSO showed up at the ER with an almost severed finger and was stabbed/scratched I'd hope a call to LE was made but I REALLY don't know what the laws!

I guess if the ambulance or police brought him there then maybe no but... IDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member