LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you all think is the best book about the psychology of serial killers? This one? Any others that you would recommend?

Island Hopper had a close relationship with a serial killer. Y'all could likely gain some valuable insight from that kind of personal knowledge. Better than a book that is real life experience.

There was a good bit of blood somewhere, maybe his truck or home. Looks like some of it was his. Could have burned the truck because his blood was in it.
I am scared for Mickey and so very proud of her.

Okay if his wallet was stolen, how was he altering his license not long afterward...they will know if he applied for a new one in recent weeks or not...

Coming up at 5:00 today - we just got an incident report in from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office that indicates Brandon Lavergne was in a hospital there almost 24 hours after Mickey's disappearance; he was being treated for stabbed wounds. We're writing up the story now, and will provide more information shortly.

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

Hmm I looked at Jefferson Parish reported crimes didn't see his birthdate!
ETA: duh they don't give birthdates!
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/05/jefferson_parish_sheriffs_offi_858.html
Thanks for the update!

On 05/19/12 at 11:00, Detectives from Jefferson Parish were called to Oschner's Hospital where BSL sought treatment for injuries....BSL claims he was attacked at a gas station by a white male on 05/19/12 at 3:00pm (**note: could be that the news channel meant to print 3am...not sure)...claimed to have been stabbed in the chest, back, neck, AND HAND...claims his wallet was stolen ...WHEN QUESTIONED BY OFFICERS, BSL CLAIMED THAT HE WASN'T SURE OF THE LOCATION OF THE GAS STATION WHERE THE ASSAULT TOOK PLACE.

'He wasn't sure of the location of the Gas Station'! Maybe because it didn't happen at a gas station. What a crock! Ooh Ochsner!

If he was robbed in New Orleans, then why did he still have his 'tampered' with DL days later when he tried to rent a car? Did the robbers scratch out his RSO status?

Honestly, I am more than willing to keep an open mind at this venture, but NOTHING adds up here, dsl.

Where are you, Mickey?

On 05/19/12 at 11:00, Detectives from Jefferson Parish were called to Oschner's Hospital where BSL sought treatment for injuries....BSL claims he was attacked at a gas station by a white male on 05/19/12 at 3:00pm ...claimed to have been stabbed in the chest, back, neck, AND HAND...claims his wallet was stolen ...WHEN QUESTIONED BY OFFICERS, BSL CLAIMED THAT HE WASN'T SURE OF THE LOCATION OF THE GAS STATION WHERE THE ASSAULT TOOK PLACE.

...BSL also claimed that he stopped at the gas station to ask directions because his GPS was broken...BSL claimed that his driver's license was stolen along with his wallet.

***The date of issue is ALWAYS visible on Louisiana driver's license...anybody want to wager that BSL kept right on using his 'stolen' driver's license?

Big saws in the for sale pictures?

I am on my way to work now and cannot look up the link. It has been posted prior. It is my understanding that his parents were trying to sell their home. The pictures were on trulio.com. The saws may have burned in the fire or someone may have moved them out prior to the fire.

On 05/19/12 at 11:00, Detectives from Jefferson Parish were called to Oschner's Hospital where BSL sought treatment for injuries....BSL claims he was attacked at a gas station by a white male on 05/19/12 at 3:00pm ...claimed to have been stabbed in the chest, back, neck, AND HAND...claims his wallet was stolen ...WHEN QUESTIONED BY OFFICERS, BSL CLAIMED THAT HE WASN'T SURE OF THE LOCATION OF THE GAS STATION WHERE THE ASSAULT TOOK PLACE.

This is quite a shocker!!! I'm imagining Mickey fighting so hard with him!!! :what:

This is quite a shocker!!! I'm imagining Mickey fighting so hard with him!!! :what:
I wonder if the wounds looked fresh at 3pm, or looked like they'd occurred at an earlier time. If it was Mickey he was fighting and the wounds were fresh, that would mean he must have held her someplace after abducting her.

so if we are to believe the perp he was randomly stabbed and robbed in NOLA at a gas station that he cannot recall and than, according to LE, was randomly driving around looking for people to victimize the night that Mickey went missing and his truck was last seen driving right behind her and than his truck is placed at the WBB where her bike was dumped and now that same truck was reported stolen and burned in texas and he bought another one just like it using a license (he says his wallet was stolen so I guess his license was too?) that was altered.

riiiiiiight.

...news report also stated that the more questions that detectives asked him, the less information he gave them. Because his injuries were not considered life-threatening, he was allowed to leave the hospital.

*Mickey, your fight was not in vain...you got that SOB, baby girl*

I fear that the interior of the truck was too compromised to be saved, and if so, Mickey was probably killed inside it. Sorry to say that. Of course we all want her to come home, but I guess I am too cynical.

No, I wouldn't say you're cynical, maybe more realistic than me though. I have been through some experiences which I won't share here, because this thread is for Mickey. Suffice it to say, I do tend to see these situations from an emotional perspective. I have been deeply moved by Mickey Shunick. Her sunny smile and her caring friends and family. There is a light that just seemed to shine through her photographs. Wherever she is right now, God Bless her and keep her.

:rose:

Okay if his wallet was stolen, how was he altering his license not long afterward...they will know if he applied for a new one in recent weeks or not...

"He was stabbed several times in the chest, back, neck, and hand. Lavergne's wallet was also reported stolen, in it was his license and $40. Lavergne then told deputies he drove around until he found the hospital."

Oh! You mean the one that states he is a registered sex offender?
The license he DIDN'T HAVE to show LE???
It is becoming VERY clear what happened.:maddening:
http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-questioned-in-jefferson-parish-may-19th/

...BSL also claimed that he stopped at the gas station to ask directions because his GPS was broken...BSL claimed that his driver's license was stolen along with his wallet.

I wonder if that broken GPS got him lost on the interstate and he somehow ended up in WB? LOL... actually I wonder if Mickey kicked it and broke it if it was in his truck. She sounds fierce!

If an RSO showed up at the ER with an almost severed finger and was stabbed/scratched I'd hope a call to LE was made but I REALLY don't know what the laws!

I guess if the ambulance or police brought him there then maybe no but... IDK

I would think so too, however, BSL told them his wallet, including his drivers license was stolen, so they would not know he was a RSO. I guess if this is true, he must have used the white out on his new license.

ETA He said the attack happened around 3 PM and he arrived at the hospital at 11 PM because he said he was driving around looking for a hospital? I don't think it would take 8 hours to find a hospital in New Orleans....

I wonder if the wounds looked fresh at 3pm, or looked like they'd occurred at an earlier time. If it was Mickey he was fighting and the wounds were fresh, that would mean he must have held her someplace after abducting her.

This is a good question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member