LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His "story" is just so far-fetched. If stabbed at a gas station at 3PM, why not call police right then and there. Wouldn't you go inside and call? It's the middle of the afternoon.

He's a big guy 220 lbs, some stabs and steals your wallet? Yeah right.

Many years back, my cousins husband got stabbed in the arm, in his car.
He has a license to carry. Shin holster. The got one try, wouldn't you just step on the gas? I would, then reverse--a big truck like that is a weapon.

I call BS.
I'm glad this is all coming out BTW.
:twocents:

This has created an image of a horrible struggle and a horrible ending...I almost don't want to think about it, so imagine how her family feels. I am certain her father did not know these details three nights ago when he was on NG; he knew very little. So the family is likely hearing all of this now, with us.

I know it must be horrible for family and friends to hear this stuff, but I am proud of her for being so brave and feisty in battling a 220 lb pile of rage (for want of a better word). She is someone to be immensely proud of for the way she lived her life and also for the way she fought to cling onto every second of it. I hope and pray she inflicted enough pain on him that allowed her to escape!!! - now that would answer all our prayers and perhaps help us understand why BSL looks seemingly confident that he will avoid murder charges. JMO

Here's another point....

He had likely already considered the trouble he would be in if he were to present an altered license at the ER. Whether it be the same license he has had all along (bc it was never "stolen") or even if he has obtained a new one since, I don't think altering his license was a new thing for him. (ESP considering he was actively trying to get removed from the registry as well) Therefore, he had to produce a story that would be very handy to him. A story that would exempt him from the altering itself, as well as things like no drivers license in possession, etc. If you think about it, the license itself is a major player in his story. Could he have created this story based around his license and yet still wanting medical attention? I don't think I've done a good job of getting my point across (my lightbulb that went off) I have a hard time with that!

Well done fellow sleuthers; we all knew that his new scar would prove to be significant. Whatever the outcome, Mickey's fight was courageous and it may end up that her fight will have created a trail that helps us find her.

I heard on CAJUNNET two days ago that she had almost bitten his finger off and that he went to New Orleans for treatment. And, that the police were well aware of it.

New Brandon Lavergne charge led to new mugshot
snipped and BBM:

The original mugshot was taken when Lavergne was booked last week into the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center on charges of first-degree murder and aggravated assault in connection with the May 19 disappearance of Mickey Shunick.

It showed Lavergne with a slight beard and a cut or scar at his collarline.

Sheriff’s Office spokesman Kip Judice said the new mugshot was taken when Lavergne was re-booked this week on an outstanding warrant for altering his driver’s license.

more:
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...sey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

There is a guy on FB posting stuff on the media's threads like "Keep your head up B" and "Stay Strong B" and on one of the most recent threads, about BSL being treated for stab wounds, he posted "They'll never find her" and that is very strange.

What a creep...and as for the posts made by some of our fellow Cajuns on FB, well, it appears that there is an epidemic of clinical ignorance in and around Acadiana... :maddening:

Cher bon dieu, I sure hope that the grand jury pool has been thoroughly chlorinated.

I think the hospital calls le for stab wounds. If he had shown it with the RSO status the detectives would have seen the wounds in a different light.

Coming up at 5:00 today - we just got an incident report in from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office that indicates Brandon Lavergne was in a hospital there almost 24 hours after Mickey's disappearance; he was being treated for stabbed wounds. We're writing up the story now, and will provide more information shortly.

KATC facebook

I can't post the link because I'm on my phone, but I posted this a few days ago. I'm glad to see my sources were correct. Our girl put up a fight. I heard they are searching from where they found his truck burned all the way to the New Orleans area. Again, no link, just what I heard.

I think they are making a point to charge him for altering the license because they know it was not recently issued, and therefore, not stolen, as he claims.

I think what we are hearing is a small part of the total case that LE is building against this guy. Those who were afraid that LE did not have much to back up the charges, I hope are feeling more confident now.

...BSL also claimed that he stopped at the gas station to ask directions because his GPS was broken...BSL claimed that his driver's license was stolen along with his wallet.

***The date of issue is ALWAYS visible on Louisiana driver's license...anybody want to wager that BSL kept right on using his 'stolen' driver's license?

-_________
My thoughts exactly when I posted on page 9 or 10. Truthfully, though, I wasn't expecting there to be any report of an alleged robbery, but my original comments stand: if he lost the entire wallet, he'd need a replacement drivers license, and credit cards. The new DL would have a recent date.

"Sheriff’s Office spokesman Kip Judice said the new mugshot was taken when Lavergne was re-booked this week on an outstanding warrant for altering his driver’s license."
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...sey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

glad this news is official

his series of coverups really tells the whole story and his desperation to not be linked to the crime.

He was increasingly desperate to explain all connections to him away:

-wounds (gotta explain those.. have to report in for the rso thing and all!)
-truck (which places him right behind Mickey and at WBB)
-rso status (altering his DL)

He is toast at the grand jury on the 18th imhoo..

would love to see some reporters do some interviews with those that he worked "offshore" with (if he ever did work offshore)

another question in my mind is why buy a new truck that resembles the one that was in the news? why do that? why not buy a different car? Did he think that would draw more attention?

Hi everyone! I'm in Walker, LA and while I don't go to Lafayette often anymore- I used to go there a good bit back in my college days. I've followed this case from day 1 and lurked here for awhile, finally decided to register and speak up.
I have held out hope that Mickey is alive, but now knowing who the perp is, and seeing the past he is attached to, its hard to hold on to that hope. I messaged a few words of encouragement via facebook to Charlie and she responded almost immediately- while she seems slightly discouraged she remains positive- I'm not sure where she finds her strength- but she has handled this with such poise- it's an amazing thing to witness.
That being said, I don't really have much to add. I think LE has been on to BSL from the very beginning. I pray they find Mickey- for not only the family, but also to strengthen the case against him, but I also feel that if he put her in the basin and she hasn't been found by now, there is a strong chance that she never will be. Hopefully something makes him break and give this poor family some answers... but I know that is wishful thinking. My heart breaks for this family.

All that being said, at least it sounds like she gave him hell...

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

There is a guy on FB posting stuff on the media's threads like "Keep your head up B" and "Stay Strong B" and on one of the most recent threads, about BSL being treated for stab wounds, he posted "They'll never find her" and that is very strange.

Wow!!! They obviously share the same IQ level as their shoe size! I'm guessing LE is aware of these comments and from the sound of it, there are friends of his who know exactly where Mickey is!!!!

glad this news is official

his series of coverups really tells the whole story and his desperation to not be linked to the crime.

He was increasingly desperate to explain all connections to him away:

-wounds (gotta explain those.. have to report in for the rso thing and all!)
-truck (which places him right behind Mickey and at WBB)
-rso status (altering his DL)

He is toast at the grand jury on the 18th imhoo..

would love to see some reporters do some interviews with those that he worked "offshore" with (if he ever did work offshore)

another question in my mind is why buy a new truck that resembles the one that was in the news? why do that? why not buy a different car? Did he think that would draw more attention?

I think he was being cocky with the same truck...that way, when LE came out to check him out, if they did, as a routine RSO, they might suspect him but he knew they would never find anything. I think he thought he took care of everything so he was feeling smug.

I am not finding anyone who wears #24 on the Saints...?

There is a #24:

prodLeighTorrencep-24.jpg

http://www.fansyes.org/leigh-torren...orleans-saints-team-color-jersey-p-40322.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne