LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When going offshore they usually carry a Durrell ag and tools they are using, sometimes a laptop/briefcase.
I have wondered if he may have brought her offshore and thrown her overboard but the smell would have been bad. Also, they have weight limits when flying out on the helicopters. Now if he took a boat he wouldn't have he weight limit. I don't see him chancing bringing a body offshore. Maybe some evidence. Otherwise there is too much risk.

I can imagine him tying her up, dropping the bike in WB, driving to some secluded area on the way to Venice (maybe even a little
Motel) and doing his thing, then driving back to NO for the ER.

bessie, I agree, I do not think he drove Mickey to NOLA.. I think his visit there was his smoke screen.

He had about 21 hours from the time she was abducted to when he showed up at the ER for his "wounds"... so minus about 3 hours of driving there to the hospital an hour for driving up to WBB and near his home we are at 17 hours.

17 hours where this "seasoned" perp was doing whatever he could to dispose of anything that related him to the crime. Again, I don't think this guy will crap in his own sandbox but I also think that he would visit places known to him but most likely not around his own home. I wonder if he has ties to any other states or locations. I think a geographical profiler would help in finding Mickey at this point. I would also interview all that worked with him offshore... like what did he bring on board (large suitcases etc) that he never left with? Just a thought.

ok. i'm stilllll catching up, so forgive me is someone already posted this, but one may wait HOURS in the NOLA ER, and the police definitely didn't get there right away. i promise you that, especially on a hot weekend. so we need to figure out exactly when he arrived at Ochsner. this can help us figure out how far out he could have possibly gone to hide her. we now KNOW that he didn't hide her in that Texas forest! that is good news!

what about cameras at the hospital parking garage? surely she wasn't still in there, but maybe a pic got the condition of the inside of his truck?? a stretch??

My experience with Ochsner emergency room (for non-life threatening conditions) is that one would not wait hoooooouurs. From my experience one Saturday evening, I was close to being discharged before my mother made the 45 minute trip from her home to meet me. I even got a CT scan during that time. This is only my perspective based on my personal experience.

Am I safe in saying that we don't know his whereabouts from May 24-30? During the TES organized search? I'm curious if he was on a search team during that time.

Quick question for those who work offshore, can you get a TWIC card if you're a registered sex offender? I thought someone said many posts ago (before BSL's arrest) that you couldn't. I asked my husband who used to work offshore, but he doesn't know.

Am I safe in saying that we don't know his whereabouts from May 24-30? During the TES organized search? I'm curious if he was on a search team during that time.

I think he was offshore during that time. JMO

I have to wonder if she didn't cut him So bad (pissed him off really bad) if he would have let her go and just threatened her like the first victim. I hope by fighting him wasn't what got her killed in the end. I don't think we will ever know. very very sad.

I doubt he would have let her go either way. He paid the price, in his mind, for letting the other girl survive to "tell" on him.

I don't know if I believe the rumor about biting his finger off. Wouldn't the police have been piqued by this if it was a robbery scenario?

Quick question for those who work offshore, can you get a TWIC card if you're a registered sex offender? I thought someone said many posts ago (before BSL's arrest) that you couldn't. I asked my husband who used to work offshore, but he doesn't know.

I looked it up...it seems that you can get a waiver to get a twic card.

http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/twic_faqs.shtm#disqualifying_offenses

Conviction for one of the following felonies is disqualifying if the applicant was convicted, pled guilty (including 'no contest'), or found not guilty by reason of insanity within 7 years of the date of the TWIC application; OR if the applicant was released from prison after conviction within 5 years of the date of the application. The applicant may apply for a waiver.

10. Rape or aggravated sexual abuse.

we are only now seeing a glimpse into what LE has on this guy...

now we know he was treated for injuries and also claims he was robbed

well, there are cameras in NOLA and I can just bet that is part of what LE has on this guy. I am sure they are reconstructing his "trail" if you will and have a lot of information on where he went.

I am also pretty sure that his broken gps was turned off by him and that will able to be determined by the provider.

We also have a better timeline now if his report is to be believed:

1) he was in laffy right behind Mickey when she was abducted around 1-2 am

2) he was at WBB next (truck has been linked there)

3) he could have went home in between 1 and 2

4) by 11pm he alleges he was being robbed at a gas station he cannot recall and stabbed in multiple places at 3pm

5) and than goes to a hospital for treatment

(of which in the pictures it does not seem that he had stitches..as it is keloid in nature and I cannot see suture lines.. so it was most likely superficial and was butterflied imhoo)

**random thought: was the reason why he altered the ID because he had reported it stolen with his wallet? Or rather because he thought that by reporting it stolen he could get away with it?

as per the keloid scar instead of suture lines......i know a lot of the times if a wound is not sutured shortly after it happens, sometimes it becomes too swollen to stitch up. so if he waited a while to go to the hospital, say he had to go home and shower himself and get a somewhat clean set of clothes first, the wound may have been too swollen to do anything but clean it.

Map anyone?

A map does not do the spillway justice for those that are unfamiliar with it. If you Google map directions, basically Kenner and LaPlace are the "start" and "end" points on a map. As I said, the spillway bridge is about 10 miles long.

However, I found an excellent arial photo so that you can grasp the area that is small part of the well traveled route from Lafayette to New Orleans and back.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=bonn...dsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:309,i:68&tx=115&ty=95

as per the keloid scar instead of suture lines......i know a lot of the times if a wound is not sutured shortly after it happens, sometimes it becomes too swollen to stitch up. so if he waited a while to go to the hospital, say he had to go home and shower himself and get a somewhat clean set of clothes first, the wound may have been too swollen to do anything but clean it.

exactly.. it was too shallow to approximate with stitches/ started to granulate in. that is what I am thinking. And the more I look at that neck slash (actually the FIRST time I looked at it) I wondered if it were not self inflicted. It looks shallow and like a clean slash. When I first saw it I never for a second thought it was a defensive wound just related to the angle.

moo of course

Wouldn't he have blood on him and his clothes after being "stabbed at the gas station"? I'd love to know the condition of his clothes or wounds when he first walked into the ER.

I think it just shows that BSL is extremely charming and manipulative

Ok I feel I need to jumo in here. I have stated before that I worked in Corerections. I still have many ties to the facility he is being held at and go in the facility regularly. The skinny picture IS NOT the latest. The 2 in the orange jumper are!!!!! That comes from a very reliable source MY EYES!!!!!

Also if he was Charming and polite, that is so very normal. Not only looking at serial killers, but any murderer or rapist I have come across in my line of work. These people were the kindest and most polite of all the inmates, because they had nothing to prove. They had proved it. Now an inmate that robbed or was a dealer, those are full of attitude!!!

I do take my work very seriously and do not even discuss anything involving him with my best of friends. So please respect me and my profession. I will not answer any p[ersonal questions. Thanks

Also wondered if perhaps someone was attacked with say, only fingernails for scratching/gauging, could one use a knife to go over said wounds changing their appearance to look like they were attacked by a knife and altering the original 'weapon' that truly inflicted the wounds? This has crossed my small, addled mind.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=lutcher,+la&daddr=Ochsner+Medical+Center,+Jefferson+Highway,+Jefferson,+LA&hl=en&ll=29.976349,-90.416794&spn=0.302749,0.676346&sll=30.04283,-90.4223&sspn=0.302546,0.676346&geocode=FaBhygEdHAuY-in3rd4YKiwhhjHSaA-C4QQnuw%3BFdgtyQEdhX2g-iFGTxCyZwr5DymBBPrpTaUghjFGTxCyZwr5Dw&mra=ls&t=m&z=11"]Lutcher, LA to Ochsner Medical Center, 1516 Jefferson Highway, Jefferson, LA 70121 - Google Maps[/ame]

Many places along River Rd on this route to hide a body, IMO.

IMO, he headed towards Whiskey Bridge. And he knew his way around that God awful place.

I think she's downstream. (please forgive me if this offends anyone) She put up a good fight.

He didn't go home until all was done. Back from Nola with mucho DNA evidence.

(When he had time to fabricate his story. Burning truck etc. )

Then, he headed towards New Orleans. With his far-fetched story etc.

Does this make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member