LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
some nurse is going to come forward soon with more details, unless the ER workers were put on a gag order :lipssealed:

Not a nurse that needs her job HIPAA regulations forbid it!

someone earlier said they would give you scrubs to wear home?? the only experience i have with bloody clothes and an ER is with a child. i can't remember what they did with the clothes he was wearing from falling off his bike - head injury so lots of blood. but they sent him home in a little pediatric hospital gown. drives me nuts that i can't remember if they bagged them for me to take home or if they kept them

my exhusband had c-diff (which is HIGHLY contagious and he was kept in isolation b/c of it for 10 days in ICU)-----they gave me his clothes to wash and told me to wear gloves when I did it :-/ They did throw away his hair brush and other things they didn't want to disinfect, but just in the regular garbage. He stayed a long time so I had brought him clothes to leave in. Sidenote: We don't have the best hospitals around here...so my statement doesn't mean much lol ;-) Luckily I haven't had to deal w/ the ER all that much!

I don't really think I'm following..... why would he stab himself in the chest, back, neck, and hand then drive all the way to Oschner? I mean, he had to know he'd most likely be questioned...right? And how does one go about stabbing themselves in the back?

Obviously nothing is out of the realm of possibility with this horrible excuse for a human being, but this just isn't adding up for me.

For proof of insurance--perhaps he had something in his glove compartment to prove he had health insurance. Unless of course they are planning on tacking on insurance fraud to his charges.

Can the ER turn you down? They can't in IL!

For proof of insurance--perhaps he had something in his glove compartment to prove he had health insurance. Unless of course they are planning on tacking on insurance fraud to his charges.

An insurance card, soc security and/or a birth cert maybe?
Asked them to bill him...
OR he just paid in cash! (doubtful since he had just been robbed!)

IDK! I always have to show my license and insurance to prove who I am!

agreed....do you think he ditched MS then drove to the hospital w/ the bike in the back (and ditched that on the ride home).....catching him FINALLY on camera w/ the bike and no MS at the hospital (I still want to know, as everyone else I'm sure, what they have for evidence of a murder)????

Just thinking of possible scenarios & timeline. (sorry for typos- on my phone)

I think it's most likely he killed her right away in his truck- but those wounds give me pause. Maybe he too her home, had her restrained & she got free, picked up a knife in his kitchen and fought him off? Maybe this didn't happen until Saturday afternoon but he had previously dumped her bike before bringing her to his house. Then he had to clean himself up some, maybe clean the house, and dispose of her body (hate typing that), then drive 3+ hrs from his house to NOLA for cover story, possibly disposing of her on the way. Maybe even disposing of the bike on the way if no fisherman were out during a 5 minutes stretch or so it'd take to drive down & dispose of the bike.
She also could have gotten control briefly of a knife he was using on her o to rape her at knifepoint (previous victim says she thought he had a knife against her) and stabbed at him (this could have happened in the truck).

Can the ER turn you down? They can't in IL!

No, they must treat you, and then you must pay them. I was in an ER recently for 45 minutes. It cost my uninsured bottom $4000.00. Perhaps in his brain, he wanted everyone to know exactly where he was, thus his real name. He was 'robbed' of his driver's license, so no RSO glaring everyone in the face.

He was there, and he can prove it. In his mind he was no where near Lafayette and he has a hospital report and a police report to prove why he was cut, marked, etc. (I won't go into the mistakes, but feel certain this was his train of thought.)

Last thought b/c I'm going to bed :)

I don't think BSL had to bleed at WB....he went down there and flung the bike....probably took a minute. If the crime happened somewhere else, say his house, he could of threw a band aid or something on it to stop it from "dripping"...his shirt could of even sopped it up IMO hardly does blood spew like a fountain (sorry for the image)

I think a lot of this will have to do w/ BSL's mindset. If MS did fight back it probably enraged him, which thus would make him work faster at cleaning up the mess and lead to sloppiness. If he was calm, crazy....he very well could of cleaned himself up (enough), changed his clothes, cleaned his truck (i'd check car washes along the way for cameras as well, he might of known they could trace the mud back to WB), thus leaving no specific "blood trail"....except in the truck, hence the burning. JMO, IMO, Until tomorrow sleuthers :)

For me, as a Christian, I think it would be worse to be the mother of a murderer. If my child was a victim it would hurt immensely but I'd have to trust that they are in a better place. If my child were a murderer I'd have to live with the fact that I would never be with them in the after life.

Hmm... I always thought that Christ died for all sins. I didn't realize some were left out. Which ones were left out?

If he got pulled over he could just show his police report to the officer. (in place of his DL) Of course then someone would have realized he was RSO...

Correct. My friend had her purse grabbed in N.O. one weekend. She received a police report stating that her DL was among the items stolen and was allowed to drive home. She was instructed to keep the copy of the report with her in the event she was stopped, but also advised to go to the DMV first thing on Monday to get a replacement.

You're welcome. There are some old abandoned structures not far off the route. BSL would be familiar with this route if he goes offshore from Patterson or Houma.

Thanks again! Seeing that map just brought to mind growing up in a smaller town in the Midwest and from the time any of us could drive we would drive to "the big cities" using back roads instead of highways, it just seemed that might be true for those that grew up in the Lafayette area. And BSL working offshore probably knew those roads even better than most.

Please say they have been searching 90 as well as other places. Not saying he is guilty until he is proven so, but he is the suspect at this time so until that is no longer the case we need to look at any possibility of where Mickey may be in relation to him and where we know he has been. Just moo.

Take care, all. Off to sleep--early day ahead.

Where are you, Mickey?

No, they must treat you, and then you must pay them. I was in an ER recently for 45 minutes. It cost my uninsured bottom $4000.00. Perhaps in his brain, he wanted everyone to know exactly where he was, thus his real name. He was 'robbed' of his driver's license, so no RSO glaring everyone in the face.

He was there, and he can prove it. In his mind he was no where near Lafayette and he has a hospital report and a police report to prove why he was cut, marked, etc. (I won't go into the mistakes, but feel certain this was his train of thought.)

I completely agree with that! He most def. thought he was covering his butt, he just wasn't a good thinker.

Christ can save all souls even the ones with the darkest sins staining them. However, I am not convinced this one has a soul to save. I am getting a bit too much into personal belief systems-I apologize since I know it is a personal matter and I respect ones that differ from mine.

The newer news I have read (mostly about the hospital visit) makes me feel all of a sudden that he kept her alive for awhile. That it wasn't a sudden, quick death and she was dead basically 5-10 minutes after being taken. That makes me sick to my stomach. I hope I am wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Hmm... I always thought that Christ died for all sins. I didn't realize some were left out. Which ones were left out?

Yes, all sins are forgivable, BUT you have to be sincerely remorseful and ask for forgiveness. Being forgiven does not mean that you do not have to take the punishment that goes with the sin here on earth.

some nurse is going to come forward soon with more details, unless the ER workers were put on a gag order :lipssealed:

That would be totally against HIPPA laws. Medical personal are not allowed to do any such thing, would be fired and could be prosecuted, sued by patient. etc.

agreed....do you think he ditched MS then drove to the hospital w/ the bike in the back (and ditched that on the ride home).....catching him FINALLY on camera w/ the bike and no MS at the hospital (I still want to know, as everyone else I'm sure, what they have for evidence of a murder)????

NO, I do not believe he had any reason to keep the bike. He most likely, IMHO IF he is the perp, over-powered her after he disabled her bike. Then drove away with the victim.

The reason I believe the victim is between Lafayette and NO's is that was the way he went and when he was injurred he drove off to NO's alone. After LE interviewed him, twice I believe, in the ER, when he was released, he drove the OPPOSITE way or PAST Layfayette attempting to throw LE off. I think he panicked.

Remember, the ONLY evidence, as far as he was concerned IF he's the perp, well, would be him being in possession of the victim, .......... or her bicycle. Caught with either one he would be guilty almost automatically. Anything directly connecting him to the crime was disposed of, ASAP!

JMHO
fran

....He was there, and he can prove it. In his mind he was no where near Lafayette and he has a hospital report and a police report to prove why he was cut, marked, etc. (I won't go into the mistakes, but feel certain this was his train of thought.)

That's what I think, too. If the wounds were that obvious, then certainly he'd be asked about it. I don't know that he needed medical care as much as he needed a plausible explanation for his injuries ('plausible' to his mind anyway).

Then there is a slight possibility that his old DL did not have the SEX OFFENDER written on it so when he got a replacement it showed up and so he whited it out. There was also a period of time you could renew online a d you got an expiration sticker in the mail to put on your old DL. He may have had one of them as well and not yet gotten a new & improved RSO one until his got 'stolen'.

Prolly around 2007/2008 due to the loss of federal funds if not implemented by 2009...couldn't find the exact date without downloading the long pdf..sorry
Found this while researching & thought this was interesting:

http://www.aclu.org/blog/organizati...x-offender-law-violates-rights-puts-kids-risk

Emma Devillier is a front-line prosecutor of sexual offenders in Louisiana, and was in charge of implementing SORNA's requirements in the state. She also argued that SORNA will make it harder for her to do her job. Sex offenses can be very hard to try. Often there is no physical evidence and no witness besides the victim. If Devillier does not have the discretion to waive the sex offender registration requirements, her ability to get defendants to plead guilty will be compromised. She will have to bring more of these cases to trial, forcing the victims to publicly relive their personal trauma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne