LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone answer my question on the previous page about the article in tow talk. On phone and row talks website keeps crashing on me for some reason. My kids are begging to go to the pool, but I won't go until I've this info straight. I have become a lackluster mom since this case began
I don't know that answer, but as a mom of grown sons, I say take your kids to the pool! :)

This is a sticky at the top of the forum.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106653"]Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Agree, I don't think it's a connection. Blaming his actions on personal stressors isn't going to work.

No one is using it as an excuse or blaming that for anything. He still had a choice and he was still wrong....period. We keep saying this. Why is it such a problem to come up with a psychological profile? Why is it a problem to try to figure out how their brain works? People who murder clearly have something wrong with them...and humans have been trying to figure out what makes them tick since the beginning of time. How do you think some people (very few...but could be more with research) are rehabilitated? How many children could have grown up to be murderers but their shrink saw red flags and were able to show the child how to think positively? I know it won't save them all, but I'm sure there are more than people think. Knowledge is power and we should try to find out as much as we can.

Hear he may be getting a new trial.. Can you imagine our old friend Scott Peterson getting a life sentence W/O parole and being placed in the prison's general population?

'If so swift Justice will finally be served, imo'..

AMEN! I'd love for little Scotty to make a lot of new "friends".:floorlaugh:

I may have missed this, but do we know who BSL's attorney is? Or does he have a public defender? I'm sure some high-powered attorney would love to represent him for the publicity.

I know, everyone is entitled to representation, which means defense lawyers are necessary. But sometimes I wonder how they can represent some of these people. (I've been on the prosecution side of things as a paralegal and researcher, and we refer to defense lawyers as "the dark side".)

I read that article once and can't read it again because the website keeps crashing, but did it say that he checked in st Landry parish on may 29th for his quarterly RSo check in? If so, his wounds should have raised eyebrows!!! Especially if it was on the 29th. Did I misread that?

I just read the most recent article from the Town Talk (I had to go directly to the Town Talk and look at the article, the previously posted link brought up an error page) and it does not mention anything about him checking in on May 29th. http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/...to-moving-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

But here is an older article from the Town Talk http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/...-followed-murder-suspect?odyssey=mod|mostview that does mention it. "The next official confirmation of Lavergne's whereabouts comes May 29, 10 days after Shunick disappeared and Lavergne reported the New Orleans stabbing. On that day, Lavergne went to the St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office for a quarterly check-in required of Tier III sex offenders. He was deemed to be in good standing at that time."

I think we already knew that information long before the Town Talk posted these articles....right?

I feel confident I could stab myself in the back in an area out of my arm's reach. I can think of plenty of ways to go about it. Please don't ask me to prove it. Think about it and you'll realize it can be done.

For Websleuths' purposes, I thought the most interesting takeaway from the police report is that Lavergne appears to have entered Ochsner around 3:30PM (as per the end time/location of the "crime").

That leaves a 13.5 hour window for Lavergne to have moved from where Shunick was last seen to Jefferson, LA. Minus about 2.5 hours for the drive, that leaves about 11 hours unaccounted for.

On page 3 of the report the officer states that he was called to Ochsner at 2216 (10:16 pm) Saturday, May 19th. He reports that BSL reported being attacked earlier that day at 1500 (3:00 ) pm. The report lists the attack at some unknown location occuring between 3 and 3:30 pm.

The report does not say what time BSL arrived at the hospital; BSL reports that he drove around after the attack until he found the hospital. We don't know how long it took him to find the hospital. BSL also reports to the JCSO that he had previously spent two hours being interviewed by NOPD at the hospital.

http://klfy.images.worldnow.com/images/incoming/JPSOCrimeReport.pdf

The end time/location of the event is listed as 1530 at the address for Ochsner Medical Center.

Lavergne claimed that he was attacked at a gas station in New Orleans, but is apparently unable to identify where he might have been. Other than his claims, there's no proof he was ever in the city.

Right, and I think Jefferson Parish was called in also because the alleged gas station might have been in their jurisdiction. Thus the two police departments responded to the hospital.

I feel confident I could stab myself in the back in an area out of my arm's reach. I can think of plenty of ways to go about it. Please don't ask me to prove it. Think about it and you'll realize it can be done.

Don't worry, I won't ask you to demonstrate!

I don't think he did this to himself. I think someone else did it to him, and the most likely person would be Mickey IMO.

I can't find anywhere in the report that states he arrived at Ochsners at 3:30. It states that he was stabbed at about 3pm.
He had to have said something about New Orleans or the NOPD would not have been called.

I will try to find the link and edit but I remember reading that the hospital staff called both PDs since he didn't know where the attack actually happened.

ETA: it is actually in the link above. 2nd paragraph on the last page.

I have a question:

Is Brandon a drinker? How often/how much, hard alcohol or beer - and how does he act? Happy drunk? Unhappy drunk?

Much appreciated.

To my knowledge, Brandon did not drink. He specifically said he didn't. I recall that he dated a girl for a while (after being released from prison) and he broke up with her because she drank quite a bit and he didn't like drinking.

SomeGuy - thank you for giving us the opportunity to ask you questions. Do you know if BL harbored anger toward his birth mother for giving him up for adoption? Did he have a relationship with his birth mother? Thank you again.

6 months to a year ago (i don't recall the exact date) he went to go make contact with his birth mother. I'm not too sure but i don't think it went very well i think he wanted to have a relationship but I don't think she felt the same way. She also has other children also that she didn't give up for adoption, I don't know how this affected him. I'm not sure if Brandon Knows who his birth father is or not.

No one is using it as an excuse or blaming that for anything. He still had a choice and he was still wrong....period. We keep saying this. Why is it such a problem to come up with a psychological profile? Why is it a problem to try to figure out how their brain works? People who murder clearly have something wrong with them...and humans have been trying to figure out what makes them tick since the beginning of time. How do you think some people (very few...but could be more with research) are rehabilitated? How many children could have grown up to be murderers but their shrink saw red flags and were able to show the child how to think positively? I know it won't save them all, but I'm sure there are more than people think. Knowledge is power and we should try to find out as much as we can.

One reason I can think of is because are any of these people psychologists?
I've seen borderline, sociopath, psychopath thrown around but are the people usng the terms certified to use those terms? There's a lot more that goes into diagnosing someone that just perceived behavior by people who have never met BSL or who do not have any training.

AMEN! I'd love for little Scotty to make a lot of new "friends".:floorlaugh:

I may have missed this, but do we know who BSL's attorney is? Or does he have a public defender? I'm sure some high-powered attorney would love to represent him for the publicity.

I know, everyone is entitled to representation, which means defense lawyers are necessary. But sometimes I wonder how they can represent some of these people. (I've been on the prosecution side of things as a paralegal and researcher, and we refer to defense lawyers as "the dark side".)

Sorry I don't have the link, but if I remember correctly two public defenders have been assigned to the case........

You never know.
Look at John Gardner:
Moe Dubois comments led JAG to confess - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

he gave up the remote location of Amber Dubois as part of a plea-but confessed partly due to Moe Dubois comments at a presser.

My opinion may be that he will never tell. I think he will deny it to his last day. He may never admit to committing the crime ever and if he didn't commit the crime then how would he know where she is... At least until every last appeal has been exhausted.

He appears to me to be one of those criminals that is always innocent and the victim himself. I can see him playing it out thinking he will appeal, and appeal and eventually they will believe his innocence. I cannot imagine him ever admitting guilt because he will always hold out hope he can overturn it.

I hope I am very wrong! I hope his attorney makes it clear to him that there is enough evidence to prove he did it and that no amount of appeals will ever set him free, that he needs to deal with his mistake and do what he can to help the family and ease the burden on himself.

Thanks for helping to clear this up. Are Brandon and Joshua blood brothers? I ask because they look so much alike.

In reading CL's husband's obituary, it showed that the two boys were stepchildren of this husband, and his last name was Lavergne, too. That would make Lavergne the last name of both his Mother's husbands.

They are not blood brothers.

On page 3 of the report the officer states that he was called to Ochsner at 2216 (10:16 pm) Saturday, May 19th. He reports that BSL reported being attacked earlier that day at 1500 (3:00 ) pm. The report lists the attack at some unknown location occuring between 3 and 3:30 pm.

The report does not say what time BSL arrived at the hospital; BSL reports that he drove around after the attack until he found the hospital. We don't know how long it took him to find the hospital. BSL also reports to the JCSO that he had previously spent two hours being interviewed by NOPD at the hospital.

Thanks. I think the confusion stems from the top of page 1 of the JPSO report. Begin time is 1500, end time is 15:30, address is Ochsner. I believe these times indicate the time of the alleged robbery. Ochsner's address was used because BSL stated he didn't know where the incident occurred.

A little further down the same page shows the officer arrived at 192219 and completed his interview at 192234. I believe this date format is DDHHMM, meaning h
e arrived on the 19th at 10:19pm and completed the interview at 10:34pm. (Had the interview lasted until
10 mins after midnight, the date would be 200010 -- 20th day at 12:10 am)

ETA unless his arrival time at the hospital has been verified (if so, I missed it), that's more than a 13 hour window. More like 20 hours.

~J Bean and anyone else that might know...
Avid biker, frequent biker, young female bikers etc...

Forget about "in the event you are attacked" mace talk etc...
A cell phone is great! Would it be wise to bike at 2am the
distance Mickey went without some kind of repair/tool/emergency kit?

Even a minimal one?

I don't know what "type" of biking she did,
but I heard that she participated in biking events.

They are not blood brothers.

This surprises me because they kind of look alike.

Editing to add: I say this but when I went into the hospital I had a picture of my husband and son. The nurse told me that my son looked just like his dad. I had to laugh because my son was from my first marriage and I didn't even know my present husband at that time I was married to husband#1. Just goes to show there can be resemblances even though people are not related.

For Websleuths' purposes, I thought the most interesting takeaway from the police report is that Lavergne appears to have entered Ochsner around 3:30PM (as per the end time/location of the "crime").

That leaves a 13.5 hour window for Lavergne to have moved from where Shunick was last seen to Jefferson, LA. Minus about 2.5 hours for the drive, that leaves about 11 hours unaccounted for.

I really do think he was sleeping through some of this time. Not because it is logical but because he probably needed to clear his head and think freshly.

It is not a fact he was drinking but if he had been intoxicated, he may have had no choice but to sleep it off a little.

Back to my drinking days... I was always a casual drinker but on the occasion I did drink I really made it count. One late night I for whatever reason washed some glasses and cut my finger very badly when the glass broke. It definitely needed stitches. I was so intoxicated and tired that I would have never made it to the hospital so I wrapped it up really well and slept for a few hours.

Not the same as murdering someone I know but if you are that intoxicated you just tell yourself that it has to wait until the next day.

To my knowledge, Brandon did not drink. He specifically said he didn't. I recall that he dated a girl for a while (after being released from prison) and he broke up with her because she drank quite a bit and he didn't like drinking.

6 months to a year ago (i don't recall the exact date) he went to go make contact with his birth mother. I'm not too sure but i don't think it went very well i think he wanted to have a relationship but I don't think she felt the same way. She also has other children also that she didn't give up for adoption, I don't know how this affected him. I'm not sure if Brandon Knows who his birth father is or not.
Thanks this backs up my point that I believed he didn't drink the night of ms disappearance. Too risky for bsl to add drinking to the mixture. Thanks for info someguy:) you have been very helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne