LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I heard his brother was not a POI but good gosh I can't help but wonder WHY trade it in ... The day after!
He drove a silver Cadillac cts

But one of our verified ' insiders' just posted that Brandon did not drink. He disliked drinking and even broke up with a woman who drank too much for his liking.

Yes, I made this post prior to catching up to that point. I didn't take his statement to be an absolute but certainly a very strong case for the likelihood that he was not drinking on that night.

I still feel it is slightly possible that he could have been drinking if perhaps he had been out with his girlfriend or maybe is just a very occasional drinker. Kind of a never say never thing.

With that information it seems like he was probably sober which changes my mind on a few things. Leads me to believe like the rest of y'all that maybe he was out looking for a victim and in a better state of mind for covering his tracks.

It also got rid of the tiny bit of doubt that I had in thinking maybe Mickey did get the best of him because he was impaired by alcohol. I really find it hard to believe a sober Brandon wouldn't have gotten the upper hand before that many wounds were inflicted on him.

SomeGuy - thank you for giving us the opportunity to ask you questions. Do you know if BL harbored anger toward his birth mother for giving him up for adoption? Did he have a relationship with his birth mother? Thank you again.

Thanks this a lot for asking this question. The answer was exactly what I suspected.
I think BSL had a lot of feelings of rejection, suppressed anger and resentment towards women.

Someone had mentioned oyster shells along Mickeys route. I drove down St Landry last night and saw gravel in several places. I did not go all the way down to Colliseum. I turned left at St. Julien and down by the parking lot for the Krooked Nickel there were many oyster shells.

ever seen "I Survived" some bad@$$ women on there who survived what most wouldn't b/c they fought :) I agree though, most women (and it's hard to admit b/c I AM a feminist) are smaller in weight/height than many men so they don't have a fighting chance, unfortunately.

Oh I have seen every episode! Yes, many have fought but not to this degree of stabbing the attacker. And, if she were fighting for her very life I think at least one would have been life threatening or very damaging not just random stabs to all areas of his body.

Now I am not saying it's not possible just unlikely in my opinion. It does not make her any less of a hero!

ETA: IMO brother didn't trade the car in the day after so to speak...
BSL chose to attack the day before the brother traded the car in... KWIM? mooo

If he knew his brother had plans to trade in a car the next day
he also knew his brother would be busy all day (or most of it)
and wouldn't come "knocking".

Could also be another reason he went for treatment...
he knew his bro might be calling or dropping by and
see those injuries and ask "what happened to you"?

Attacked in NOLO...:banghead:

His brother traded it in the day after BSL was arrested not the day BSL went to Ochsner hospital.

Supposedly there was a DWI stop somewhere that night. Does anyone know where? Thanks!

Thanks this a lot for asking this question. The answer was exactly what I suspected.
I think BSL had a lot of feelings of rejection, suppressed anger and resentment towards women.

Someone had mentioned oyster shells along Mickeys route. I drove down St Landry last night and saw gravel in several places. I did not go all the way down to Colliseum. I turned left at St. Julien and down by the parking lot for the Krooked Nickel there were many oyster shells.

I think way back when someone brought up the oyster shells as a possible explanation of how he received a cut. Not sure which cut.

I mentioned oyster shells. That and the term bay-bay. Since this is not a psychic site, I will not say anything further. There is no factual basis for oyster shells. I believe the term Bay-bay was relating to another case. Could be this one though -- time will tell.

I mentioned oyster shells. That and the term bay-bay. Since this is not a psychic site, I will not say anything further. There is no factual basis for oyster shells. I believe the term Bay-bay was relating to another case. Could be this one though -- time will tell.

I believe someone else mentioned the oyster shells also because they were pointing out that a struggle could have taken place there resulting in an injury.

SomeGuy stated that his finger was nearly cut off.

Is the new car the white truck? Not Brandon's truck but the one on Facebook?

But it was Brandon himself who described his finger as ' nearly being cut off.' And i think he only said that because he needed a great excuse for not picking his dad up sat the hospital and being there for him. Something like that needs a very dramatic excuse.

I believe that "temporarily held for observation"+ "treated and released"+"released from hospital shortly" are all in reference to his ER visit and it is safe to conclude he was not admitted to the hospital main floors.

That was my take, too. I don't know how Ochsner is set up, but my son had an accident and was taken to the ER (at another hospital). He was triaged and then eventually brought to an exam room (still within the ER) for further evaluation & treatment. After the doctor examined the xrays, stitched him up, we were released to go home. In other words, although my son received treatment in a numbered room in the ER, he was not admitted to the hospital. That may, or may not be the case with BSL but I thought I'd toss it out there.

This surprises me because they kind of look alike.

Editing to add: I say this but when I went into the hospital I had a picture of my husband and son. The nurse told me that my son looked just like his dad. I had to laugh because my son was from my first marriage and I didn't even know my present husband at that time I was married to husband#1. Just goes to show there can be resemblances even though people are not related.

That's so weird cause I don't think they look alike at all. The bro has his mothers coloring whereas Brandon is darker.

I read that Ted Bundy thought his mother was his sister. Who he thought were his parents were actually his grandparents. He didn't find out the truth until he was an adolescent. His victims also looked much like his birth mother. Not saying that BSL is a serial killer, just wonder if Mickey looked anything like BSL's birth mother.

my gut tells me that BSL hit her bike in order to take control of her and then do whatever he wanted to her.
I think he would have been focused on his immediate gratification prior to figuring out what to do with her bike.
I suspect the hiding of the bike came after the attacks.
imo

Also, has anyone mentiond the fact BSL's brother traded in his car the very next day after BSL was arrested?!

For a newer model? For cash to maybe help with BSLs expenses or his mom?

Or to get rid of his vehicle? Maybe he is driving BSL's truck?

I've been thinking about several posters who said that sometimes murderers will give up location of the victim in exchange for taking the death penalty off the table.

I may be odd, but if given the choice between life in prison without the possibility of parole and the death penalty, the latter doesn't seem like the worst alternative. Am I the only one? Life in prison seems so dangerous, degrading, pointless, depressing... Not worth living. I mean, we all have to go sometime right? I think I'd rather it be sooner than later.

While I agree with you, I'm surprised that in all the shows I watch, when given the option, the goes for saving his live over death..

There should be some other way to get this info out of a ... (a cell mate snitch often works)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub