LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never saw this photo before. Looks like lots of potential evidence. http://theadvocate.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=JejPqVAjRaDEupGDVub468$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYttqQdI7NyZ5t0$g3z2ztpAWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_CryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

Hope you don't mind - just wanted to repost with the picture in the post showing for everyone. :) BBM

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

If he walks, he better run.

No matter innocent until proven guilty - this town will lynch him.

Given the level of public anger I've seen - and driving down Johnston St. - one of the main streets in town, and seeing the store marquee that spelled out in big black letters, "BRANDON SCOTT LAVERGNE BURN IN HELL," for all the town to see, my gut tells me there will be a change of venue, so as not to endanger the case.

If he walks, he will be in hiding like George Zimmerman and Casey Anthony.
-------------

I don't understand. What is your position on making this statement?

Given the level of public anger I've seen - and driving down Johnston St. - one of the main streets in town, and seeing the store marquee that spelled out in big black letters, "BRANDON SCOTT LAVERGNE BURN IN HELL," for all the town to see, my gut tells me there will be a change of venue, so as not to endanger the case.

There might be a change of venue but he won't walk.

-----------------

Thanks for that! I was one of the people having questions about the horses, because I was a horse "owner" for a long time. I said they can access all kinds of terrain, in all kinds of weather.

I asked a question about the horses' sense of smell. I know that they sense danger, but I wondered if they also can have a reaction to finding a body, for instance.

Thanks in advance.
www.horse.com is an excellent reference for equine behavior and facts. An article of interest contains the following:

"According to David Whitaker, PhD, of Middle Tennessee State University, "Horses depend on their sense of smell the way we depend on language."

It's generally agreed that dogs are the domestic animals with the most sensitive noses, but horses aren't far behind. As prey animals, it behooves them to be able to detect even the slightest scent of danger on the wind. They're also quick to detect the "smell of fear" in other animals and in humans (probably an emanation of chemical signals we cannot detect). Many trainers over the centuries have agreed that horses also seem to be able to recognize the smell of death, sometimes reacting suspiciously to a spot where another horse has died, sometimes for months or years after the animal perished."

The full article is located at http://www.thehorse.com/ViewArticle.aspx?ID=62 but it may require sign in.

Today is a big day. I've been following in the background from the beginning. I finally registered because I had a little personal info on the TES horse-use topic yesterday. When TES was here in the beginning and still located at Wisdom, I lent two of my horses and trailer to them for use in searches. TES was unable to bring all of their horses due to trailer shortage or some other issues. My horses were ridden by locals who were friends of MS through the stables.

There are many types of horses that are well-suited for this type of work - think police horses - calm, thinking horses. Someone mentioned injuries (and one of my horses did actually step through a foot bridge and received a few minor scratches) but in my opinion, horses are extremeley capable of trudging through brush/vines/water to search. They can get in many places ATVs cannot.

I don't know MS but because I am involved in horses I know many people who do. It really pains me that her young friends are so torn up over this terrible crime and they really need her back. Bring her home.

Thank you for allowing me to participate in WS.

Hi catmanchar, welcome to WS, it's been a while since i posted, just lurking in the shadows here & another forum.
You mentioned dark slate blue, do you have synesthesia??

on road to justice for Mickey, we hope...

WELCOME to WS Catmanchar - informative 1st post.... Thanks

You have a terrific pic.

Thanks for posting the photo Rapsdy for us; I could not make the link work. Gosh, they have a lot of somethings in those bags. :what:

Hi catmanchar, welcome to WS, it's been a while since i posted, just lurking in the shadows here & another forum.
You mentioned dark slate blue, do you have synesthesia??

on road to justice for Mickey, we hope...
No, I don't have synesthesia...... only inaptitude in applying dark slate blue and italics to my chosen quote!

www.horse.com is an excellent reference for equine behavior and facts. An article of interest contains the following:

"According to David Whitaker, PhD, of Middle Tennessee State University, "Horses depend on their sense of smell the way we depend on language."

It's generally agreed that dogs are the domestic animals with the most sensitive noses, but horses aren't far behind. As prey animals, it behooves them to be able to detect even the slightest scent of danger on the wind. They're also quick to detect the "smell of fear" in other animals and in humans (probably an emanation of chemical signals we cannot detect). Many trainers over the centuries have agreed that horses also seem to be able to recognize the smell of death, sometimes reacting suspiciously to a spot where another horse has died, sometimes for months or years after the animal perished."

The full article is located at http://www.thehorse.com/ViewArticle.aspx?ID=62 but it may require sign in.
----------
Yep, I asked if horses could have any sense of smell like dogs can. Thank you for that.

Also, thanks for this:

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

I know it well.

Thanks for posting the photo Rapsdy for us; I could not make the link work. Gosh, they have a lot of somethings in those bags. :what:

You just copy and paste the link.

Yeah, it appears that they are long objects, having to be covered with a second bag on top. Hmm..

My FIL is a coroner, and he always leaves the scene with usually ONE small brown bag that says "Evidence" on it. I wonder what that is too long to fit in a bag?

Hope you don't mind - just wanted to repost with the picture in the post showing for everyone. :) BBM

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Of course not. Wasn't sure if we were supposed to do that. Probably okay if we cite the source I would imagine.

Yeah, it appears that they are long objects, having to be covered with a second bag on top. Hmm..

My FIL is a coroner, and he always leaves the scene with usually ONE small brown bag that says "Evidence" on it. I wonder what that is too long to fit in a bag?

My thoughts (posted earlier) are that at least one of those "things" could be a vacuum cleaner.

--------------

My bold. I'm asking you what your position is on the bolded portion above.

There might be a change of venue but he won't walk.

I agree I dont think he's going anywhere. IMO the DA's office is pretty sure that these charges are gonna stick if not they would've surely tacked on Insurance Fraud and Arson by now just to buy a little more time. JMO

Thought that just came to me while reading something somewhat related, on another forum:

Regarding LE's being able to place BSL at WB...perhaps his blood/DNA was found at the dump scene? Or even, perhaps, on the bike? IIRC, the bike was found almost directly beneath the bridge. This could have shielded any blood evidence from the elements (esp. rain), to a degree.

My 1st thought regarding the tall one on the right was a shotgun or rifle - just something about the way the officer is carrying it. :waitasec:

I asked Leslie Turk (TheInd Reporter) for insight and her opinion on why other main stream media outlets have not run with the story about the "undisclosed number of women's ids" taken from BSL home during LE search. I also asked if she would reveal her LE source for this information.

Here is the e-mail quoting her reply:

"the two newspapers don't use anonymous sources. it's against their policies. my guess is they have the info but won't use it for that purpose. not sure why the tv stations have not. my guess is they don't have it. no, i cannot reveal any more to you than i have revealed to our readership. you may know more after today. a press release will be issued."

Attached in the initial link to The Independent article that had us all asking about the accuracy of this information.
http://www.theind.com/news/10964-lavergne-linked-to-other-crimes-against-women

Not wanting to beat a dead :deadhorse: horse here, but did want you all to know her comments back to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3