LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ANY LA LOCALS HERE? ***TES NEEDS DONATIONS***
Search Team from Texas...EQUU SEARCH TEAM, IS IN NEED OF DONATIONS..NO MONEY, JUST WATER, GATORADE, SNACKS, FOOD...THEY ARE SEARCHING FOR MICKEY:))) THEY CAN CONTACT TRUDY ROBIN AT 337-322-9226 FOR INFO...ME OR TRUDY WILL GLADLY PICK THEM UP. OR CALL SUSIE, AT 337-322-7083..THANKS SO MUCH:))

Kind of O/T--- how does TES transport their horses?
Do the horses belong to the searchers or TES?
I am curious about volunteering for TES. Read about it on their website but it did not answer my questions...

From what I know (from someone who was/is a member) the searchers have horses and they transport them to the search sites. Maybe not all of the horses I don't know, but I do know that this person takes their own horses.

Best thing you can do is contact them directly and ask.

Search Team from Texas...EQUU SEARCH TEAM, IS IN NEED OF DONATIONS..NO MONEY, JUST WATER, GATORADE, SNACKS, FOOD...THEY ARE SEARCHING FOR MICKEY:))) THEY CAN CONTACT TRUDY ROBIN AT 337-322-9226 FOR INFO...ME OR TRUDY WILL GLADLY PICK THEM UP. OR CALL SUSIE, AT 337-322-7083..THANKS SO MUCH:))

Can non locals do anything? Call into a local store and buy snacks, water? If so can you recommend a store that is close for Trudy or Susie to pick up at?

:seeya::fence::seeya:

:bump:

Can non locals do anything? Call into a local store and buy snacks, water? If so can you recommend a store that is close for Trudy or Susie to pick up at?
These are great thoughts, thank you! Please call one of the numbers listed. I'm in NY. :)

The Independent (a free Lafayette muck-raking newspaper) has been a good source of info in the past, and a bad source. The editors like to put stuff out there to see what sticks.

Definitely monitor what The Independent says, but take it with a grain of salt. It's the CajunNet on steroids, and has had many controversies in the past with printing questionable info. BUT, it usually DOES hit somewhere around the target, based upon leaks.

But don't treat stuff in The Independent as established fact - because it's not.

I contacted Leslie Turk (The Independent reporter) to confirm accuracy in the article from today's link. She e-mailed me the following:

"that IDs were found and removed from the home was confirmed to me by law enforcement officials. they would not tell me who they belong to nor would they say how many were located. they also would not say if they were driver's licenses, school IDs, etc."

O/T: Leslie was not aware of the missing seven teens from Spring, TX. She is now.

I contacted Leslie Turk (The Independent reporter) to confirm accuracy in the article from today's link. She e-mailed me the following:

"that IDs were found and removed from the home was confirmed to me by law enforcement officials. they would not tell me who they belong to nor would they say how many were located. they also would not say if they were driver's licenses, school IDs, etc."

O/T: Leslie was not aware of the missing seven teens from Spring, TX. She is now.

:what: :what: :what:

Oh no...this might be the tip of a huge iceberg.... I really hope not. Didn't realize that the IDs could be anything else then DL, maybe he "collected"/stole them from girls he preyed/stalked in places he frequented. Such as employee IDs/medical/LE related/offices/etc. Also the fact that he also tried to white out the sex offender stamp on his ID maybe he was stealing them from just about anyone to try and make himself a "fake ID". I wonder if they found any male ID cards that look similar to pass off as himself.

Does this mean that is now confirmed/fact information? (new to WS)

Oh no...this might be the tip of a huge iceberg.... I really hope not. Didn't realize that the IDs could be anything else then DL, maybe he "collected"/stole them from girls he preyed/stalked in places he frequented. Such as employee IDs/medical/LE related/offices/etc. Also the fact that he also tried to white out the sex offender stamp on his ID maybe he was stealing them from just about anyone to try and make himself a "fake ID". I wonder if they found any male ID cards that look similar to pass off as himself.

Does this mean that is now confirmed/fact information? (new to WS)

Not sure what the mods think here, but the reporter told me (in writing) that LE confirmed that ids were removed from the home. So, unless LE is yanking her chain, I believe it. JMO!

Now, whether or not, these ids are related to any missing person or victim of any crime remains to be seen.

All I can say is, he didn't burn the "alleged" ID's with the truck that is VERY telling!

The report of the IDs found is in MSM, correct? Then it should be okay to discuss IMO

Kind of O/T--- how does TES transport their horses?
Do the horses belong to the searchers or TES?
I am curious about volunteering for TES. Read about it on their website but it did not answer my questions...
I've been told that searchers use their own horses, but i'm not sure that's always the case. Contact them! That's awesome that you want to help! Go you!

:)

http://www.facebook.com/katctv3

Tomorrow, Brandon Lavergne's case will be heard before a grand jury. Jurors will decide whether to indict him for aggravated kidnapping and first degree murder in Mickey Shunick's case. What exactly happens during a grand jury proceeding? KATC's Jenise Fernandez talks to a DA in another district and breaks it down at 5 and 6.

Livestream for KATC at 5 and 6 here:

http://www.katc.com/pages/katc-live-streams/

:what: :what: :what:

Sorry MamaCat,
I saw this link earlier today/when it first was posted and sent a quick e-mail to Leslie to confirm. Stepped away from my computer for a while and just returned. I read your post about contacting the independent and checked my inbox.

I was surprised that the reporter got back to me so fast. I sent Leslie the link that was posted on this thread (or the thread before this) about the Spring, TX missing teens. Thanks to the poster for that!

In my state/city bouncers turn the fame IDs in for $50 each as a bonus reward!!! (my old fake got taken and I just smiled and was like alright you win, haha)

I'm behind so I apologize if this has been posted, but my husband was a bouncer at a college bar in lsu campus in the late 90s and he turned in the fake ids to the bar owner. Not sure what the owner did with them, but Surely BSL wasn't a bouncer?? That should be against RSO rules right!? Ok so yeah, what in the world was he doing with these id's? He is sooooo guilty if you ask me. OJ and Scott Peterson seemed 20 times more innocent than this fella!

I have to admit, I'm hard pressed to think of an innocent explanation.

I hope we hear confirmation or denial of this story soon.

Not what I think most likely, but just to play devil's advocate for a second here: His girlfriend or mom or someone else could have left a wallet, purse, etc. at his house -- thus we might have multiple IDs of one woman; I know it says "multiple women's IDs" but that can be read with a little wiggle room.

The article posted does make it seem that the IDs might be the information that has been shared with other jurisdictions -- but it does not come right out and say so.

Again -- I'm thinking something this innocent is NOT the case, but it is possible.

True, but I would think it would be a matter of public safety if they DID find women's ID cards and cannot locate the women and verify that they are alive and well. If they are women already reported as missing, they might not release anything however.

If this source is so "iffy"-is it even considered MSM and should it be posted here at all?

We've had a lot of links from this source in this case, so I think it should be posted. Who knows -- may really be a BIG scoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee