LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW I just emailed the managing editor of The Independent, asking him about his source for today's story about the women's i.d.'s. I don't expect him to tell me, but I just voiced my feelings about this story not being backed up by any reliable news source out there. :twocents:

I considered messaging the author of the article on FB, since like I said, we have mutual friends--but didn't, because I don't expect her to reveal any information, especially when it involves a case like this. My sis-in-law and brother are both reporters and my sis-in-law found herself in danger when covering a huge story like this a few years back. Such a risk putting your name out there like that.

I hope so, but in the article I read this morning, Tim M. sounded very tired and frustrated...he said they have many more areas yet to search...:(
It appears that BSL had covered so much ground on May 19th.
I was hoping that Texas Equuasearch has reasonable info as to where she could be... but Tim Miller does look tired and discouraged. I hope they don't pack it in yet.
I hope they find her. This BSL was all over the map that day.... it's too bad he won't talk.

I was hoping that Texas Equuasearch has reasonable info as to where she could be... but Tim Miller does look tired and discouraged. I hope they don't pack it in yet.
I hope they find her. This BSL was all over the map that day.... it's too bad he won't talk.

He might after the grand jury indicts him for murder. The death penalty is a powerful motivator.

--------------
I guess I thought that TES takes their horses with them on their searches-Equus. Do they do that on every search, or only on some? I read when they were down in FL, they also used ATV's. What's their ratio of ground searchers to horseback/vehicle?

He might after the grand jury indicts him for murder. The death penalty is a powerful motivator.

He may still feel cocky and think they won't be able to actually convict him without finding her body, though...I can't see him admitting to anything, just from what we've learned about him so far.

Not packing up yet. Per 99.9 KTDY (Radio station) FB page 20 min. ago... Donations are being asked for gatorade, water, snacks for TES.

This group is amazing for the conditions they are enduring. It's being raining on and off for days and its been so stuffy especially after the rains.

http://youtu.be/zLGz5tdZYfs

Tim Miller shares his own personal tragedy in this 48 Hours Mystery documentary about possible serial killer in Texas. Makes me wonder if BSL has anything to do with some of the more recent cases. God bless him and his search team. He's in my prayers - God shine a light on sweet Michaela's resting place. Bring Mickey home now.

--------------
I guess I thought that TES takes their horses with them on their searches-Equus. Do they do that on every search, or only on some? I read when they were down in FL, they also used ATV's. What's their ratio of ground searchers to horseback/vehicle?
They use horses, yes, but they use all sorts of other forms of seach-vehicles as well. If they're not using any horses, they may have a reason, which could be as simple as weather-related. Not sure what the status is in this case today regarding.

one page behind but would this be his TROPHIES?

If the story is true (we're still waiting to find mainstream media new sources to back this up) - then, yes it's definitely a sign of *trophies* - and would explain why LE were so quick to charge him with murder. God knows what else they found among his sordid little collection.

If the story is true (we're still waiting to find mainstream media new sources to back this up) - then, yes it's definitely a sign of *trophies* - and would explain why LE were so quick to charge him with murder. God knows what else they found among his sordid little collection.

yeah and didn't LE state they were looking into possible other connection's to other murders or something to that? Wonder if that meant the ID's and LE had to locate all the people with those ID's to see where they were. HRM...

So all RUMOR now because it wasn't sourced.

This case has twist and bends every day.

Not BSL, but here's an example of a serial killer and the discovery of his victim's photos and i.d.cards.

The Grim Sleeper:
http://www.scpr.org/news/2011/04/06/25637/sleeper-more/

"Tips from New Orleanians have poured in since news broke about Lavergne seeking medical treatment for stab wounds in New Orleans, only 13 hours after Shunick's disappearance."

"They know the area," Abdella said. "They're telling me about a district that never was repaired after Katrina, and they'll say that they find bodies there"

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20120717/NEWS03/120717022/Extensive-search-continues-missing-Mickey-Shunick?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

Wow.

yeah and didn't LE state they were looking into possible other connection's to other murders or something to that? Wonder if that meant the ID's and LE had to locate all the people with those ID's to see where they were. HRM...
So all RUMOR now because it wasn't sourced.

This case has twist and bends every day.

There's no smoke without fire - seems especially appropriate in BSL's case.
So, I'm thinking we'll see more information soon to back up these words:

When Lafayette police arrested Lavergne, they searched his home in the Swords area of rural St. Landry Parish. Among items taken was an undisclosed number of women’s IDs, according to sources with information of the ongoing investigation.

“We have been contacted by other agencies regarding the arrest and have shared information,” Lafayette Police Department spokesman Paul Mouton writes in an email response to The Independent’s questions about Lavergne's potential involvement in other crimes. “I cannot confirm the agencies that have contacted us in this investigation.”

They use horses, yes, but they use all sorts of other forms of seach-vehicles as well. If they're not using any horses, they may have a reason, which could be as simple as weather-related. Not sure what the status is in this case today regarding.
--------
I would imagine that the horses get spooked by snakes and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne