LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theind.com/news/10964-lavergne-linked-to-other-crimes-against-women
:what::what::what:

When Lafayette police arrested Lavergne, they searched his home in the Swords area of rural St. Landry Parish. Among items taken was an undisclosed number of women’s IDs, according to sources with information of the ongoing investigation.

:what::what::what:

OMG, it that is true it changes my mind about this case completely. That is known serial killer behavior, and I've been thinking BSL did not fall into that category.

Although I see who wrote the article and put pretty good faith in her having accurate sources.

eta: I don't "know" her know her, but we have mutual friends.

The Independent (a free Lafayette muck-raking newspaper) has been a good source of info in the past, and a bad source. The editors like to put stuff out there to see what sticks.

Definitely monitor what The Independent says, but take it with a grain of salt. It's the CajunNet on steroids, and has had many controversies in the past with printing questionable info. BUT, it usually DOES hit somewhere around the target, based upon leaks.

But don't treat stuff in The Independent as established fact - because it's not.

First I want to make sure its clear I am only surmising why the defense attorney would file what he did, not whether I think it holds merit or not. Second, of the charges filed against BSL, I think it is unquestionable that the most difficult to PROVE will be the 1st degree murder, without a body. That's not to say it can't be done or else they wouldn't have even filed that charge. It can be done, its just the toughest. So the defense attorney is asking that bond be reduced on the other 2 charges and hopes that he's not indicted on the 1st degree murder charge.

The defense atty has a job to do and people would question him if he didn't try ~ I was just saying how rediculous it "sounds" to me.
You are right about the no body!

This horrifies me, but at the same time does NOT surprise me!

They really need to find Mickey. All of these agencies should look in their respective parishes. It's possible she has been placed with other still missing women?? Finding one woman could lead them to others.

OMG, it that is true it changes my mind about this case completely. That is known serial killer behavior, and I've been thinking BSL did not fall into that category.
----------
For reals. What other reason can you think of that there would be multiple women's ID's in a guy's possession? I can't think of any.

O/T but somewhat relevant:

My significant other (what a lame phrase!) has a habit of picking up stuff he finds on the sidewalk, especially if it's something pretty like an earring. I have a jewelry box full of single earrings he's picked up over the years, and I've often told him that if he was ever suspected of being a SK, my jewelry box would send him to death row!

----------
For reals. What other reason can you think of that there would be multiple women's ID's in a guy's possession? I can't think of any.

It all depends on the current status of these women. If they are missing-yikes. If they are not, I can't think of any good reason him to be collecting them, unless for future "use"...

----------

Well if he had been stalking some women and took their ID's, and they just thought they lost them or whatever...I'm sure hearing from LE that they had been found in his home, would be absolutely horrifying for them.

----------

It's from The Independent, and so it's just rumor.

Answer as to why he has women's IDs - IF he has them...

1. He steals them so as to take personal info for his own uses.
2. He may be a serial killer/rapist.

----------

I have to admit, I'm hard pressed to think of an innocent explanation.

I hope we hear confirmation or denial of this story soon.

----------

My son's friend is a doorman/bouncer at a local nightclub. He has an entire wall full of fake Id's,mostly from young women. He keeps them and has a funny design on his wall.

But I don't think BSL has the same excuse or explanation.

A word of caution- I have seen the Ind print wrong/false information in the past.

I've been searching everywhere to find more on this story but no luck so far.
It is very inflammatory if untrue and I doubt they would print something this important if there was nothing to back it up. JMO I'm in a state of panic right now thinking of all the implications if this is indeed true. I'm horrified, shocked and deeply saddened all at the same time. Going back to search for more info and will post it here as soon as I see something.

I've been searching everywhere to find more on this story but no luck so far.
It is very inflammatory if untrue and I doubt they would print something this important if there was nothing to back it up. JMO I'm in a state of panic right now thinking of all the implications if this is indeed true. I'm horrified, shocked and deeply saddened all at the same time. Going back to search for more info and will post it here as soon as I see something.

Oh, The Independent would print it... based upon rumor only.

It's from The Independent, and so it's just rumor.

Answer as to why he has women's IDs - IF he has them...

1. He steals them so as to take personal info for his own uses.
2. He may be a serial killer/rapist.
----------
However, on the #1, how in the heck did he obtain the ID's then?

I hope LE would go public with the names of any of the women they are unable to contact.

As tight lipped as the LE has been on this case and rightfully so IMHO . I highly doubt we will hear any names for sometime at least . They had BSL in their sights for sometime but how shocked were we when we heard an arrest was made.

My son's friend is a doorman/bouncer at a local nightclub. He has an entire wall full of fake Id's,mostly from young women. He keeps them and has a funny design on his wall.

But I don't think BSL has the same excuse or explanation.

Really he is allowed to keep them?

As tight lipped as the LE has been on this case and rightfully so IMHO . I highly doubt we will hear any names for sometime at least . They had BSL in their sights for sometime but how shocked were we when we heard an arrest was made.

True, but I would think it would be a matter of public safety if they DID find women's ID cards and cannot locate the women and verify that they are alive and well. If they are women already reported as missing, they might not release anything however.

If this source is so "iffy"-is it even considered MSM and should it be posted here at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopy22192