LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
---------

That's reasonable. On the other hand, this reporter may be one of only a handful of true investigative journalists left in this country.

There are other "true investigative journalists" in the country and in Lafayette, LA. But some of us do not publish information from unnamed/anonymous sources. Our company's ethics policy does not allow it. The Daily Advertiser has heard lots of information about this case, too. But if a source is not willing to go on the record with it or we cannot obtain a document to back up the claim, we cannot and will not publish it.

They may have jumped the gun with the RM story, and then it seemed doubtful when no other MSM followed suit, but it's true he WAS brought in for questioning. His family aired their frustrations about it weeks later. I have to say, it's interesting that this is coming from the IND and we haven't heard about it (yet) elsewhere, so I am keeping a look out for a backup source.

I am speaking of things non-related to Mickeys disappearance.

Really he is allowed to keep them?

Yup. He takes them away if he knows they are not real. He is not required to call LE, but he can take them if they try and use them to enter the bar.

The girls never argue about it, they are just glad not to be arrested. And at the end of the night he usually has 4 to 10 fake ID's.

True, but I would think it would be a matter of public safety if they DID find women's ID cards and cannot locate the women and verify that they are alive and well. If they are women already reported as missing, they might not release anything however.

If this source is so "iffy"-is it even considered MSM and should it be posted here at all?

http://www.theind.com/new/images/stories/Award.pdf

I wonder if Mickey's ID was one found.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Yup. He takes them away if he knows they are not real. He is not required to call LE, but he can take them if they try and use them to enter the bar.

The girls never argue about it, they are just glad not to be arrested. And at the end of the night he usually has 4 to 10 fake ID's.

In my state/city bouncers turn the fame IDs in for $50 each as a bonus reward!!! (my old fake got taken and I just smiled and was like alright you win, haha)

If Mickey's body is found and it is in a different parish, a murder trial would occur in the parish where the body is found, correct?

That is how it works here in Texas.

In my state/city bouncers turn the fame IDs in for $50 each as a bonus reward!!! (my old fake got taken and I just smiled and was like alright you win, haha)

wow. My son's friend would be rich. His club doesn't pay rewards but they get in a lot of trouble if they let underage kids in, so they confiscate the ID's just to make sure they don't try coming in again.

If Mickey's body is found and it is in a different parish, a murder trial would occur in the parish where the body is found, correct?

That is how it works here in Texas.

My understanding is where the crime took place, if they know...in this case, we know the crime began in Lafayette.

Those ID's really should be turned in. The law cannot be carried out if bouncers are not turning them over in the proper channels.

Misrepresentation Of Age To Obtain Alcoholic Beverages Or Gain Entry To Licensed Premises Prohibited — La R.S. 14:333 It is unlawful for any person under the age of twenty-one years to present or offer to any person having a license or permit to sell alcoholic beverages or to his agent or employee, any written, printed, or photostatic evidence of age and identity which is false, fraudulent, or not actually his own for the purpose of obtaining or purchasing alcoholic beverages or attempting to enter the licensed premises.

Whoever violates the provisions of this Section shall be punishable by one or more of the following:

(1) A fine of not more than two hundred dollars.

(2) An appropriate amount of community service not to exceed thirty hours.

(3) Suspension of the violator’s driver’s license for ninety days.

There are other "true investigative journalists" in the country and in Lafayette, LA. But some of us do not publish information from unnamed/anonymous sources. Our company's ethics policy does not allow it. The Daily Advertiser has heard lots of information about this case, too. But if a source is not willing to go on the record with it or we cannot obtain a document to back up the claim, we cannot and will not publish it.

Which is how it should be - report the news, don't create the news.

FWIW I just emailed the managing editor of The Independent, asking him about his source for today's story about the women's i.d.'s. I don't expect him to tell me, but I just voiced my feelings about this story not being backed up by any reliable news source out there. :twocents:

Thanks for going the xtra mile mamacat. Kudos to you!!!

Claire Taylor from The Daily Advertiser! You are one of those "true investigative jounalists." I have enjoyed your reporting over the years. We are fortunate to have you participating on this site!

The Independant probably has their sources, but it is a "boutique publication." They print whatever they want and mostly serve the City-Parish Government in their propaganda, that is where most of their ad revenue comes from.

FWIW I just emailed the managing editor of The Independent, asking him about his source for today's story about the women's i.d.'s. I don't expect him to tell me, but I just voiced my feelings about this story not being backed up by any reliable news source out there. :twocents:

That deserves more than just a thank you. It's great to know you voiced your opinion on this!

The Independent either has a great scoop, or has muddied the already muddy waters by printing unsubstantiated crap.

It's from The Independent, and so it's just rumor.

Answer as to why he has women's IDs - IF he has them...

1. He steals them so as to take personal info for his own uses.
2. He may be a serial killer/rapist.

Oh, I guess there could be another unlikely one:

3. Past girlfriends - (I just ran an old student id last week).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne