LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be the case for the murder of Mickey or more recent victims. But in 1999, the cell phones didn't take pictures. I had a Motorola Star-Tac phone in 2000 and it was pretty "high tech" at the time. It was analog and showed on the phone number on the screen.

No I meant Mickey and possibly others he might have been "stalking"

BUT what is to stop him from taking a pic of a pic?
I can take a picture of me form 1967... YKWIM?

As far as him giving up Mickey's location, I think it depends more on what they have on him for Lisa's murder. Right now, it seems they don't have a cause of death for either woman, so they will have to work around that. He may feel he has a chance to beat both cases if he keeps his mouth shut.

Ugh, I wish I had paid more attention to the initial stats on BSL's SO page. I'm reading that they now have 'Scar on Hand (Surgery on right hand) ' Was that there before? If not, does that confirm that he did indeed have surgery on his hand, and it's not just speculation that he had surgery on it (whether it be at OGH or elsewhere)?

In case you've not been answered yet (I'm a bit behind in the thread): Yes, I believe that was already there.

In case you've not been answered yet (I'm a bit behind in the thread): Yes, I believe that was already there.

So now we know he has had 2 hand surgeries! Wonder what the story was the last time!!!:jail:

I wonder Chicken (and I know BSL was jailed for MOST of the time when the majority of the Jennings murders happened)...it's a stretch but it's almost like BSL got wind of a serial killer operating in & around BR (or at least a lot of women going missing/murdered with no one seemingly doing much), so he put together there was a serial killer in BR they were focusing on and went on a little killing spree (hope it was little) in the late 1990s and got away with it, with many believeing the murders/missing women might be related to the BR killings/disapearances. When he was released in 2008, he knew Jennings had a SK. Maybe some of the post-2008 killing were his work? I know all of the victims hung out in the same places/social group, and this was stuff he could find out on the internet and TV shows about the murders. He could then drive to Jennings, find women in the area of the drug house many of the victims were seen at, etc and abduct them. I mean, I am not familar with Jennings at all but feel confident I could find the areas their social groups frequented and many worked (the fast food places, for example), simply by reading the Jennings thread on WS, doing some Google earth searching, & getting in my car. I am sure plenty of them walked all over and I'd probably see someone who knew all of most of the victims walking by these places at some point. I especially wonder about the last victim (2009):

Necole Jean Guillory, 26, was found dead on Aug. 19, 2009, along Interstate 10 in Acadia Parish. Acadia Parish Coroner Mark Dawson said asphyxiation was a cause of death. Guillory was known to frequent the same places as the other seven victims. She was last seen three days before the discovery of her body.

The others were found in/around Jennings. This woman was found along the exit near Crowley (I believe), pretty darn close to Church Point.

I am probably reaching, but I think you're right, Chicken, that this will indeed flush that situation out (and likely none will be victims of BSL). I hope so, anyway. Those women have been written off for too long because of their lifestyles. They may not have been middle class college girls with families who had the means to make a big fuss in the community & media like - thank god - the Shunicks have, but they were someone's daughter, sister, mother, etc.

I'm very familiar (born/raised in JDP) & Necole's death was definitely different from the rest. With the others, they were left spread "eagle" in B-F-E fields & loaded full of dope/alcohol. Two girls, one of the two in particular was near decapitated but the two black females were "over kill" & also the one that was nearly beheaded was doused in bleach, left at the JDPSO shooting range (at the door step of the police) but the last three females there is NO mention of drugs...2 very decomposed & the last left out there just moments after the grass had been cut at the Crowley exit.

I think he's saying that he's hoping the second murder charge (for Lisa Pate) will cause BSL to reveal where he put Mickey, since he might feel like, "Well they've got me now..."

Serial killing is his biggest acomplishment in Brandon Scott Lavergne's life.. His purpose.. His victims remains are his only possessions; his assets..
Has Derrick Todd Lee or Sean Vincent Gillis negotiated with authorities? Serial killers don't usually cooperate...

To give the remains location of his victims up would be analogous to bankruptcy to the rest of us. Admitting failure.. He thrives off of the control
of others. To reveal his victims would mean giving up this control..

It is unlikely that he will negotiate..There are other unknowns, imo..

The FBI BAU2 is coming in to Lafayette to join the task force, according to one of todays articles.. BSL's mask of normalcy was snached off his face today..

Maybe they can get to the bottom of BSL's trail of terror..

Praying for the truth...

Yeah. There was another case where a woman took pictures of herself having sex with dogs. The photo lab called the police, and the woman was arrested.

However, the DA didn't take the case because she owned the dogs. They said that it's only a crime if they weren't her dogs.
cat.jpg

Yeah. There was another case where a woman took pictures of herself having sex with dogs. The photo lab called the police, and the woman was arrested.

However, the DA didn't take the case because she owned the dogs. They said that it's only a crime if they weren't her dogs.

I remember that case. It had to be molestation of someone else's mutt for charges to stick. :what:

I believe, however, that the woman's name in the paper for the photographs may have been quite the punishment in and of itself. Can you imagine the whispers when she was grocery shopping?

so very true. her courage saved the public 8 years of his hunting!!

ABSOLUTEY, it put a stop to BSLs terror for 8 yrs.
Thank you for her bravery in pursuing to get him convicted by reporting the rape in 1999. God bless her.
:woohoo:

Prayers for Mickey :angel: to come home soon.
God bless victims & families involved.

Please tell me they at least removed the dogs from her home :please:

Serial killing is his biggest acomplishment in Brandon Scott Lavergne's life.. His purpose.. His victims remains are his only possessions; his assets..

To give the remains location of his victims up would be analogous to bankruptcy to the rest of us. Admitting failure.. He thrives off of the control
of others. To reveal his victims would mean giving up this control..

It is unlikely that he will negotiate..There are other unknowns, imo..

The FBI BAU2 is coming in to Lafayette to join the task force, according to one of todays articles.. BSL's mask of normalcy was snached off his face today..

Maybe they can get to the bottom of BSL's trail of terror..

Praying for the truth...

Right, I'm not saying I'm hoping the second murder charge would make BSL talk. I'm saying Mr. Shunick is. Someone had misinterpreted his statement, and I clarified it for them.

I don't think anything is going to make BSL talk, unless he has a respect for his family that we don't know about. And I doubt he does.

Someguy-
If you are on line, can you tell us how you are taking all of this? What are you learning about BSL reaction to today's grand jury findings?

We are here for you and know that this must be very hard day for you and your family. God Bless you!

Its very very very sad. Over the past few days I have been uncovering extremely horrifying things he went through as a child pretty much from the time he was born. The pain and hatred he must have felt had to be incredible. I feel very very sad for brandon that he was so twisted in the head that he was driven to do these evil things. what he did was unforgivable and heart breaking, yet somehow I feel as if he is a victim of his father and a victim of his own twisted reality that resulted from years and years of extreme physical and mental abuse. It makes me very very very sad.

I want to just tell everybody everything i know but ive been told not to talk about it, but I feel that everyone should know the truth however im very conflicted right now im not sure what to do honestly.

thanks to everyone who sent me a kind PM sorry my inbox got full very quick and i missed quite a few messages.

Its very very very sad. Over the past few days I have been uncovering extremely horrifying things he went through as a child pretty much from the time he was born. The pain and hatred he must have felt had to be incredible. I feel very very sad for brandon that he was so twisted in the head that he was driven to do these evil things. what he did was unforgivable and heart breaking, yet somehow I feel as if he is a victim of his father and a victim of his own twisted reality that resulted from years and years of extreme physical and mental abuse. It makes me very very very sad.

I want to just tell everybody everything i know but ive been told not to talk about it, but I feel that everyone should know the truth however im very conflicted right now im not sure what to do honestly.

thanks to everyone who sent me a kind PM sorry my inbox got full very quick and i missed quite a few messages.

Were any of the other children in the family abused? It does seem sometimes that 1 child is singled out for abuse while the others are not harmed. There have been questions about which father was the abuser.
Thanks for sharing with us.

I-49 in some parts in the 1990s was not finished. I lived in the Alexandria area for 1993 to 2000.

That is true, it was not finished all the way to Shreveport from Lafayette. But it IS finished now and the quickest way to get from Lafayette to Shreveport and then north to Atlanta, Texas.

I was writing for those not familiar with Louisiana roads. I-49 is the interstate. It is a very fast, straight shot to Shreveport and then north up to Arkansas and east Texas. The fastest road in Louisiana probably.

Can you tell us how old he was when he was adopted by Cynthia Lavergne?
Remember your family member Brandon is innocent until proven guilty.

I have to wonder how BSL's latest "relationship" feels at this point knowing how Lisa Pate had very young children, just as she does. I cannot imagine what she must be going through knowing...
I am certain that there must be other victims here.

Really cool of you to hang out here and post, Someguy. I love the inside info, as I'm sure others do as well...but the flip side is that the Shunicks and the Pates need justice. If your participation here jeopardizes the case, then that could hinder justice being served. Food for thought.

All I would counsel you to do is to take extra care in that regard. Again, this isn't a complaint -- I fully appreciate the position you're in, as a family member; and also I'm appreciative of the insider perspectives and insights you're trying to bring to this discussion. Instead, it's a bit of cautious counsel.

Just my opinion, of course.

I respect you being hesitant about discussing some Brandon related things. But truth be told, I think everything about that man will come out whether it be through you or the media.
At least with you, we would know it is the TRUTH, and not the media's publicity stunts. So please consider that.

I feel for Brandon and what he went through as a child, but i have no compassion for him. I know people react differently to abuse, but people who are decent people do not go onto rape and kill as a result of that abuse.

It seems he had many more issues in his head, rather than the abuse he went through. Abuse might just be a trigger that maybe erupted him, but I think a psychopath was always in his head, with all due respect.

That's just my opinion, and I'm definitely not trying to be rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne