LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That statement doesn't make sense --- *A rice farmer found Pate's body, the remains were sent to forensics, but it couldn't be identified as Pate.*

Maybe a body was found and was assumed to be Pate, but forensics showed it was someone else.

Thanks -- I was so busy scratching my head over rice farmer in field vs. couple behind house that THAT major blunder slipped right by me!

Are they possibly trying to indicate that no definite ID of the body could be made until recently?

That statement doesn't make sense --- *A rice farmer found Pate's body, the remains were sent to forensics, but it couldn't be identified as Pate.*

Maybe a body was found and was assumed to be Pate, but forensics showed it was someone else.

Iirc the remains were found in Sept 99 but it wasn't until Oct 99 that the LSU anthropologists were able to make an ID based on dental records. So maybe it means the ME couldn't initially make a positive ID, but after consulting with the anthropology dept they were eventually ID'd as LP. On a side note, it makes me sad to remember about MS being an anthropology student.

Thanks -- I was so busy scratching my head over rice farmer in field vs. couple behind house that THAT major blunder slipped right by me!

Are they possibly trying to indicate that no definite ID of the body could be made until recently?

Its actually quite likely that GL was a rice farmer and his field was behind the house. Very common here.

This is what I see.. Crudely drawn in a hurry..the figure that I see has their back to the camera(as if walking away from the camera) The yellow represents the hair(again from the back).. The white represents the torso of the figure and the blue are the legs.. Again IMO it's as if the figure is walking away as in saying "follow me"..jmo
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342939887.074574.jpg

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Its actually quite likely that GL was a rice farmer and his field was behind the house. Very common here.

He was a renter, though -- but guess he could have been renting the field as well.

Iirc the remains were found in Sept 99 but it wasn't until Oct 99 that the LSU anthropologists were able to make an ID based on dental records. So maybe it means the ME couldn't initially make a positive ID, but after consulting with the anthropology dept they were eventually ID'd as LP. On a side note, it makes me sad to remember about MS being an anthropology student.

bbm: Whew -- I am so glad you posted that date Oct 99 along with the words "dental records". Because that she was identified by dental records was swimming up from my memory just before you posted, and I was starting to feel woozy, thinking that maybe they found teeth at BSL's place.

Yes, very sad about the anthropology/Mickey reminder. I was wondering earlier if she ever considered going into forensic anthropology.

This is what I see.. Crudely drawn in a hurry..the figure that I see has their back to the camera(as if walking away from the camera) The yellow represents the hair(again from the back).. The white represents the torso of the figure and the blue are the legs.. Again IMO it's as if the figure is walking away as in saying "follow me"..jmo
View attachment 24814

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

bbm: Yep, Smooth, that's what I said I "saw" earlier -- as though she was walking away from the viewer. "Follow me." That's spooky, Smooth -- you've said almost exactly what I posted.

My post from earlier:
If genuine and picturing what you believe it does: Looking at a larger version, I "see" her facing away from the camera -- almost as if taking a step away at the moment. What jumps to mind is: "Follow me." FWIW

And, I didn't mention it before, but the "hair" appears wet.

OK, stopping now before I get this topic pulled.

Hmmmm.. Is spooky in a way.. But IMO just validates all the more that there certainly "appears" to be a figure and it's even seen by more than one to be the back of a person as in leading the way.. Jmo only of course..

____________________...

http://www.wafb.com/story/19069776/shunick-case-leads-to-charges-in-unsolved-murder

Shunick case leads to charges in unsolved murder

The video makes it clearer as to where LP's remains were found.

Also !!!

I'd like to draw your attention to a comment below the news story made by *belearl* :what:

Something else noted from this coverage: I believe this is the first time I've seen reported that it's thought BSL and Lisa Pate possibly knew each other to some extent. Previous reports I've seen, IIRC, have said authorities felt they were not acquainted.

Hwy (road??) 3-95 right of WB and has the power lines and is a back way to get back to 190 (hwy BSL lives off of)...I'd think this could be the one. I don't necessarily believe in mediums and all that, however if someone had knowledge of the location they could easily and anonymously post such info and use the psychic's name as cover. Hopefully LE and the PI will check it out and also determine the IP address of whoever posted the info.

It was late September, Katie, because the Advocate article is dated Oct 1, 1999.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...page=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

He was a renter, though -- but guess he could have been renting the field as well.

Now that I reread the article, I notice it says "empty field" so perhaps GL is a rice farmer (with a field "elsewhere") and was renting this house but not using this field behind it? Confusing.

Hwy (road??) 3-95 right of WB and has the power lines and is a back way to get back to 190 (hwy BSL lives off of)...I'd think this could be the one. I don't necessarily believe in mediums and all that, however if someone had knowledge of the location they could easily and anonymously post such info and use the psychic's name as cover. Hopefully LE and the PI will check it out and also determine the IP address of whoever posted the info.
That thought occurred to me,too. That the poster was familiar with that name and used it as a cover. It's a big stretch, but who knows. The comment did say La 395, but if you follow the other directions it leads right to the spot I marked on the map, except it's parish road 3-95. And, yeah, a straight shot across 190 from Opelousas.

ETA: Here's another screenshot from an aerial view. It didn't show up on street view because the levee is in the way. Well, if you north "into and around" this transformer tower on the right, you're in the Sherburne Forest.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=W+Atchafalaya+Levee+Rd&daddr=E+Ebey+St&hl=en&ll=30.45045,-91.823044&spn=0.316093,0.676346&sll=30.41315,-92.214432&sspn=0.156923,0.468979&geocode=FfHQ0AEdDOGH-g%3BFYDvzwEd2PKA-g&oq=brigman+highwa&t=h&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=12&z=11"]W Atchafalaya Levee Rd to E Ebey St - Google Maps[/ame]

Attachments

• par 3-95 power lines.jpg
    par 3-95 power lines.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 30
Now that I reread the article, I notice it says "empty field" so perhaps GL is a rice farmer (with a field "elsewhere") and was renting this house but not using this field behind it? Confusing.

Yep, and other reports seem to say the body was found under boards sort of "out back" of the house, along or near a trail of some type -- I guess all that could be in a field. Somehow I'd pictured almost just outside the back yard (and that could still be in a field), but maybe just got the wrong image.

This is from the website I googled for belearl, it's a forum of a Druidic group, they offer services (please see link and brief posting). However, it seems they would charge for these services, and that would lead me to wonder why that info would be posted on a random news site if sommeone requested it, it would just be given to whoever paid for it. Its a little wierd. So I'm gonna agree with you guys that perhaps someone is using that name as a cover.

From the site:0
A brief list of the services offered is:

Handfasting
Passage Rituals and Ceremonies
Missing Persons
Ghost or Spirit Hunting
Sitting Up with the Dead
Residing over Holiday Ceremonies

some of these naturally would have fees attached, mainly for the purpose of covering my expenses, however. Or whoever actually did the work. In a perfect environment though these services would be free since we do not normally do these things as some type of business venture. We are trained to do these things mainly just to help the children.

Read more: http://angeleseyacademy.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=work&action=display&thread=828#ixzz21KuO0P1Wa

I have been reading all posts since Mickey has been missing. At times I'm scared for my own safety, mad that he has done this to these girls, so many emotions from this!!!

First of all I live between Lafayette and Church Point and not to far from Whiskey Bay. I grew up here all my life and have never even thought about this happening so close to home. I had faith in the legal system protecting society from these sick individuals, BSL.

For the last few pages I haven't even read because it's all about who found the body Landry...CH.....I'm so over that. LP is found and her murderer is found. Poor Mickey is still Missing and needs to be brought back to her family as soon as possible.

My one thought that I wanted to mention, as we know BSL is all about traveling and trying to fool LE, had anyone ever thought she might be in Jennings trying to pin it on someone there.

I also want to thank everyone single person on this site.

I find it interesting and not sure if it has any symbolic meaning but you decide. Someone decided, don't know who, and dont know why, that LP date of death was July 3, 1999.

On July 3, 1999 Billy Mitchell was the first person ever to get a perfect score in the arcade game Pacman. The score was 3,333,360.

On May 19, 2012, MS went missing from the Ryan street house. It was noticed by many that there was a new graffiti on a commercial building nearby that illustrated the pacman game and said Game Over. The graffiti was new because that wall had recently been painted to remove the grafitti that had been put on there.

May 22, 2012 marked the 32nd anniversary of the Pacman game.

the arcade game you gobble up inky, blinky, pinky, clyde because they are the enemies of pacman.

I am just throwing this out there for you to ponder. It probably means nothing, but it is food for thought. If BSL is a serial killer, then I would guess that his actions would be more systematic and not random. I am far from being an expert on the mind of a serial killer, but maybe some of you with more knowledge could enlighten us about their personality traits and what to look for.

I have been reading all posts since Mickey has been missing. At times I'm scared for my own safety, mad that he has done this to these girls, so many emotions from this!!!

First of all I live between Lafayette and Church Point and not to far from Whiskey Bay. I grew up here all my life and have never even thought about this happening so close to home. I had faith in the legal system protecting society from these sick individuals, BSL.

For the last few pages I haven't even read because it's all about who found the body Landry...CH.....I'm so over that. LP is found and her murderer is found. Poor Mickey is still Missing and needs to be brought back to her family as soon as possible.

My one thought that I wanted to mention, as we know BSL is all about traveling and trying to fool LE, had anyone ever thought she might be in Jennings trying to pin it on someone there.

I also want to thank everyone single person on this site.

Amen! It seems to me that sometime late afternoon, early evening, this thread ceased to be about Mickey and became an extension of the Cajun Net with "My source in the net said...", and it all pertained to who found Lisa and who lived where with whom, etc. I agree with you. Lisa's death is tragic, and she is as important as Mickey, but she has been found, and as you say, her suspected killer is behind bars...the justice system can sort the other stuff out. MIckey is still out there somewhere, and her family needs and deserves to have her back, so that she may receive a proper goodbye. I seriously hope this forum returns to being about her soon. JMO!

Those are really kind words, thanks. The only good thing that has come out of this for her is that what happened to her made him already a high profile suspect. It may have made it easier to believe that he is a person that could do something like this. She had a notion not to say anything at first because he had threatened to kill her family and burn her house down but she thought better of that and knew that he could still come back after her anyway if she did nothing.

Thank you for joining the forum. I have a wondered. Since the victim was so close in age to BL and this was first offense, there must have been some compelling evidence to have him serve 8 years in prison. Do you know of any information that was brought out during the trial that would have convinced the jury he was violent and needed too be removed from society?

Your wife is a brave woman.

Thank you for joining the forum. I have a wondered. Since the victim was so close in age to BL and this was first offense, there must have been some compelling evidence to have him serve 8 years in prison. Do you know of any information that was brought out during the trial that would have convinced the jury he was violent and needed too be removed from society?

Your wife is a brave woman.

Was there a trial? I thought BL pleaded guilty in order to reduce his sentence?

ETA: He did plead guilty, but later tried to appeal 3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member