LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as I think there is a special place in hell for people like BSL, I also believe there has to be a special place in heaven for people like Tim and the volunteers who put themselves into uncomfortable and potentially dangerous situations looking for someone they don't even know.

Those searchers rock!:rocker:
------------

And have you ever wondered, like myself, if the searchers just collapse in tears sometimes? It must be incredibly frustrating and exhausting going on and on and not being able to find the victims.

Can you imagine the exertion, hours, people, agencies, expense all of this has added up to, because of one person's selfish/deviant actions?

so "brought back home" means he didn't rent a car and drive himself? do we know more about the rental car than the Eunice paper or were we fooled when a rental car person told us he rented a red chevy aveo in Texas?

I don't think the wording means anything in particular. A rental car could have "brought him home."

I had wondered if TES (Equi as in Equine) was using horses in the MS search. I knew that they used different modes of search transportation, including ATV's for instance in the Caylee search.

Here's a post by one of our members on the MS forum:

07-18-2012, 10:36 AM
catmanchar
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2012

Today is a big day. I've been following in the background from the beginning. I finally registered because I had a little personal info on the TES horse-use topic yesterday. When TES was here in the beginning and still located at Wisdom, I lent two of my horses and trailer to them for use in searches. TES was unable to bring all of their horses due to trailer shortage or some other issues. My horses were ridden by locals who were friends of MS through the stables.

There are many types of horses that are well-suited for this type of work - think police horses - calm, thinking horses. Someone mentioned injuries (and one of my horses did actually step through a foot bridge and received a few minor scratches) but in my opinion, horses are extremeley capable of trudging through brush/vines/water to search. They can get in many places ATVs cannot.

I don't know MS but because I am involved in horses I know many people who do. It really pains me that her young friends are so torn up over this terrible crime and they really need her back. Bring her home.

Thank you for allowing me to participate in WS.

so when i look at a map, if this Parish Road 3-95, aka W Atchafalaya Levee Road, pans out, it hooks up to I-10 at exit 121 then the very NEXT exit is Whiskey Bay, so it seems logical for him to have used both very remote areas right next to each other rather then placing Mickey and the bike both at the same exit.

I just assumed that TES was using horses on the searches because one of the posters here said that he supplied horses.

Maybe no horses are being used. Just assumed so, since it is Equi as in Equine.

i think they are. they are using everything from what i understand. boat, horses, ATV, foot etc.

also, 190, which is right by his house runs all the way to Parish road 3-95. then 3-95 runs all the way to i-10

My info says that they are searching the power line area today shared by the Vegas psychic..

That tip makes total sense to me. (scientifically) If power lines really do scramble or interfere with electromagnetic/RF waves.

Something else just hit me.
BSL didn't have to remove the GPS or the On Star.
All he had to do is block it.

I believe this can be done fairly easily.
I know some buildings are designed to block any
cell phone transmission. (Faraday Cage Principal)

I know people joke all the time about tin foil hats!
BUT... seriously... if you wrap a potato in foil and try
to microwave it the potato won't cook. ** I don't recommend trying this!
"Your food is heated by absorbing microwaves, but tin foil does not allow microwaves to pass through it. In other words, tin foil shields your food from microwaves."
http://brokensecrets.com/2009/11/19/you-can-use-foil-in-the-microwave/

:what:COULD it be as simple as wrapping the GPS device
or the cell phone in tin foil...to prevent signals from being sent?
"With this basic science experiment, you can demonstrate how your cellular phone works by stopping it from receiving any signals, including GPS."

Read more: How to Block a Cell Phone GPS Signal With Foil | eHow.com
http://www.ehow.com/how_7199953_block-phone-gps-signal-foil.html

also, 190, which is right by his house runs all the way to Parish road 3-95. then 3-95 runs all the way to i-10

:seeya:Would you mind giving me a google maps link so I can look too?
(ya don't have to post the map)

Speaking of searchers clothing drenched in sweat. Why the heck don't altruistic millionaires in this country give money to help search for missing persons? I don't get it. Also, those Tide trucks sent out to help with the hurricane disasters, might be useful to volunteers who give their blood, sweat and tears into searching for the missing.

What is "the power line"? thanks

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8177439&postcount=1114"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38[/ame]

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Carencro,+LA&hl=en&ll=30.254341,-92.740526&spn=0.002382,0.004823&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=35.768112,79.013672&oq=carencro&t=h&hnear=Carencro,+Lafayette,+Louisiana&z=18&layer=c&cbll=30.254456,-92.740526&panoid=LHXFHFf_il2h9bB84U84HQ&cbp=12,270.84,,0,-0.4"]Carencro, LA - Google Maps[/ame]

B on map...Is this where they are searching?
Untitled.png

A and C are Whiskey Bay and BSL home.

Speaking of searchers clothing drenched in sweat. Why the heck don't altruistic millionaires in this country give money to help search for missing persons? I don't get it. Also, those Tide trucks sent out to help with the hurricane disasters, might be useful to volunteers who give their blood, sweat and tears into searching for the missing.

I'm certain some millionaires do give money to fund searchers. Many who give charitable donations do so anonymously.

I had wondered if TES (Equi as in Equine) was using horses in the MS search. I knew that they used different modes of search transportation, including ATV's for instance in the Caylee search.

Yes, horses were used. Their hooves sank into the mud and made these huge holes everywhere, we had to watch where we walked so we wouldn't fall in!

If Mickey were dumped in a rice field, or a cane sugar field, would she likely be discovered before harvest? When is the harvest for those two crops? Around here, all that is grown are vegetables, fruits, cotton, and tobacco (and not much of that anymore). Farmers are usually in their fields almost daily. Is it the same for rice and cane, or different?

If Mickey were dumped in a rice field, or a cane sugar field, would she likely be discovered before harvest? When is the harvest for those two crops? Around here, all that is grown are vegetables, fruits, cotton, and tobacco (and not much of that anymore). Farmers are usually in their fields almost daily. Is it the same for rice and cane, or different?

My husband is a sugar cane farmer and he and his men are in their fields daily.
Whether or not a body would be discovered is questionable. There are always wild animals dying as a result of the life cycle and so vultures or buzzards (forgot what they're called here) are often seen. It would not be out of the ordinary. Huge machines are used in the fields so a body or bones might be overlooked. I did tell my husband and he told other farmers to be on the lookout for Mickey. Because they know about her, they are keeping their eyes open however, if they didn't know about a body, they could easily miss her.

Court documents, police reports/statements indicate the victim said he tied her up with her own shirt. It was found on the floor still knotted. She said he ripped telephone out the wall. His fingerprints were on the phone. She said he crawled through the window and his muddy foot prints were around the window. Her writsts were bruised from being tied up. Etc.

He tried to tell one story at the beginning and as LE continued questioning him the more he talked the less it made sense to them. If it was consensual why crawl through the window? After BSL said it was her who ripped the phone from the wall they were unable to find her fingerprints on the phone and he tried changing his story to say he may have picked up the phone. The story he made up didn't match the evidence. Reminds me of the police report after he went to the hospital for his wounds. He stated someone attacked him at a store, but he could't give one street name or store name to help pinpoint where he was. The more they asked the less he said. He knew he was caught in a lie.

It would be interesting to hear about RSO's who have totally changed their lives for the better - has anyone heard of an example of that? Believe me, I have no sympathy for rapists, but how does a person *reform* if they're essentially branded for the rest of their lives as a sex offender? It's got to be really difficult. If you treat them like dirt, dirt's what you'll get. Just my :twocents:

Sorry, but to me it's not treating them as dirt by "branding" them as a sex offender for the rest of their lives. I see it as protecting the public at large.

IMO sex offenders cannot be "fixed" or "reformed" because their brains are wired in such a way that they cannot stop their behavior.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012207220341&gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

I'm sure this has been posted before and
I just missed it. I thought this article was interesting.

"A quiet fear permeates the streets and blacktop roadways of the town. The few residents willing to talk about the years when Lavergne lived with his parents and brother on North Brasseaux Street don't want their names to appear in the newspaper for fear of retribution."

Sorry, but to me it's not treating them as dirt by "branding" them as a sex offender for the rest of their lives. I see it as protecting the public at large.

IMO sex offenders cannot be "fixed" or "reformed" because their brains are wired in such a way that they cannot stop their behavior.

It's been proven time and again that certain personality disorders aren't even treatable. No psychiatric association considers them 'curable'.

To those who would disagree, I recommend reading any number of articles published by experts in the field.

There are thousands of links on google.

I didn't pull this opinion out of my @$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee