LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop. Who is "She" and are you saying "her" Brother worked at the prison in Oberlin where BSL was incarcerated? Was he in Oberlin? Or is that the fed prison in Oberlin you are talking about? Please clarify this.

hi y'all.

been lurking since Mickey's thread started & just wanted to introduce myself.

also, this just got posted on NOLA.com - a body was found in the woods in Marrero this evening. no other information is available yet. Marrero isn't far from Gretna, one of BSL's work addresses.

much love & respect to you all, & thank you so much for all that each of you have done to help bring Mickey home.

http://mobile.nola.com/advnola/pm_103995/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=sTeT2Dai

Robinson Avenue is right off of Hwy 90, a possible way BSL could have driven into New Orleans. He could have passed up the Huey P Long bridge, gone into Marrero, dumped body, driven back to Huey P Long bridge, and been at Ochsner fairly quickly after dumping the body.

I doubt this is Mickey but I hope it is for her family's sake and to help strengthen the prosecution's case.

Thanks ktgirl. Sorry I got it mixed up. I started reading the book after Mickey went missing. I feel like I blew thro it do quickly like I have done on all these threads.

Stop. Who is "She" and are you saying "her" Brother worked at the prison in Oberlin where BSL was incarcerated? Was he in Oberlin? Or is that the fed prison in Oberlin you are talking about? Please clarify this.

She is Brandon's last girlfriend...her brother is a corrections officer in Grayson, sorry I said oberlin...anyway, no Brandon was not there, I was just saying that it's weird that the bro in law would be the one worried, but to be fair, her bro is in the NG and was in Iraq for a while.

seriously this is like a lifetime murder mystery movie.

<respectfully snipped>

modern Southern Gothic

Southern Gothic is a subgenre of Gothic fiction unique to American literature that takes place exclusively in the American South. Common themes in Southern Gothic literature include deeply flawed characters, decayed or derelict settings, and other sinister events relating to or coming from poverty, racism, and violence.[1] It is unlike its parent genre in that it uses these tools not solely for the sake of suspense, but to explore social issues and reveal the cultural character of the American South, with the Gothic elements taking place in a magic realist context rather than a strictly fantastical one.
The southern Gothic style is one that employs the use of macabre, ironic events to examine the values of the American south
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Gothic"]Southern Gothic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Except -- this is real.

I figured it out. :woohoo:

Here is one possible route. He'd be familiar with this area because he went to CPHS, lived "in the city" of CP... and wasn't LP's body found at a camp near Pitreville? Well, this map goes right through it. I'll do some more when I get back from the doctor.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=
211044958414190340962.0004c5430bf9f43499938

I would venture if he traveled I-10 he might've gotten off at the Duson/Mire exit and traveled up hwy 95 rather than the Rayne/CP exit for hwy 35. Reason being that locals know state troopers are out a lot late at night on hwy 35 patrolling for drunk drivers and will use any small excuse to pull you over to check. I once got pulled over for driving with my fog lights on when there wasn't fog and the trooper told me they stop everyone they can find reason to late at night to catch drunk drivers. Rarely ever see any cops on hwy 95. Only thing is coming in on hwy 95 he'd have to drive up CP main street and past the police station. Though I'm sure there are ways around it, just not familiar with it myself. I'd be more likely to think he would take I-49 to 190 because it's more heavily traveled at all hours, so being out there wouldn't necessarily be suspicious.

i wonder what he did while he was there. wasn;t he in the one you are describing?

The time frame is right -- the honest answer is -- I don't know. Other writers have denied he was ever there. Then some writers will swear he was. I don't know. I do remember that the Elvis impersonator looked somewhat like the perp at hand, but I cannot be sure, it was too long ago. I was there visiting a friend's family member who had had surgery and delivering a care package. Honestly it was sad and funny at the same time. It was very dangerous and I don't care what people say -- the men there were violent, extremely impulsive, psychotic and delusional. For some reason I remember they were also big guys -- almost oversized -- and muscular and healthy. I always felt anything could happen at any moment.

One funny part is that they would order things off of the television commercials and have them delivered to that building. Then the bill collectors would call on the pay phone and ask for different patients because they had ordered items....the ensuing conversations that I overheard (because they would shout) were hilarious. I can only imagine that the recorded conversations from that pay phone were used in training sessions for probably 20 years...oh my....

Thanks ktgirl. Sorry I got it mixed up. I started reading the book after Mickey went missing. I feel like I blew thro it do quickly like I have done on all these threads.

No prob. I actually had to go and check...I forgot whether or not he actually killed the couple. He certainly did intend and try his hardest to kill them both, male and female.

I believe you are correct. Go back to #37 p.56 #1400 and you will find interesting information posted by Katie. I have never posted so I'm not quite sure how to link.

Robinson Avenue is right off of Hwy 90, a possible way BSL could have driven into New Orleans. He could have passed up the Huey P Long bridge, gone into Marrero, dumped body, driven back to Huey P Long bridge, and been at Ochsner fairly quickly after dumping the body.

I doubt this is Mickey but I hope it is for her family's sake and to help strengthen the prosecution's case.

this is the 1200 block of robinson avenue. it is literally right off hwy 90
http://goo.gl/maps/G7aV

it's a neighborhood with wooded area surrounding it. idk. i don't think it's her

Heard some unsettling news today via a friend (albeit hearsay) that an attorney said that there is not enough evidence to win a conviction re: the MS case, that's why the LP case was pursued. God, I certainly hope that this attorney is just not "in the know" about the particulars and he is wrong. This man needs to be off the streets before he harms yet another innocent beautiful woman and all the individuals impacted by this.

Unless he works in the DA's office, he has no idea. Heck, BSL's defense attorneys don't even know how much or what kind of evidence there is, so I doubt this guy has any clue unless he's in the DA's office and I doubt that too if he's making those kind of statements. Many lawyers just try to come off as all knowing and like to hear themselves talk.

I think that there is a very fine line between this kind of discussion, and outright discrimination against adoptees. I think we need to be careful to not paint all adoptees with the ' damaged children' brush. JMO

ETA: I know you work with adoptees and you base your findings on those whom you work with. But keep in mind that you are working with those that want to search for their bio family. I know many adoptees who are in open adoptions and do not have those obsessions that you are describing.
And I know many that do not want to search because they like thier lives they way they are.

You are very right. There are many many adoptees in open adoptions who do not have any desire to find their bio families. Especially men. I have had men tell me "my mother did not want me and I do not want her. I am very happy with the family that raised me. They ARE my family."

I do have a bias towards those searching -- because there are literally millions who search. However, to be fair -- there are also millions that do not search and are much better off in their adoptive family. I actually changed my searching parameters in recent years based on some cases that a social worker shared with me while my children were at gymnastics. She told me "Evelyn, you work so hard trying to help people reconnect with the bio famlies. ...I work so hard trying to help people forget their bio families." Those words really moved me. We all speak from what we have experienced. My slant is from 30 years of reunion work. Her slant was from 30 years of moving children out of hellish bio families. But all of our work is based on love and compassion for family.

this is the 1200 block of robinson avenue. it is literally right off hwy 90
http://goo.gl/maps/G7aV

it's a neighborhood with wooded area surrounding it. idk. i don't think it's her

Gut tells me that she is closer to home, his comfort zone. Soooo... I drove by his house today. Curiosity got the best of me. Talk about remote! Also, just a little past his home, there is a really good sized coolee along with woods behind his house and on the other side of Jessee B. I just kept thinking, she could be anywhere.

<respectfully snipped>

Is it possible Brandon Lavergne used to stalk/threaten Miss Church Point Claire and that she is/was in a wheelchair (maybe due to an unrelated car accident), and these two stories got merged together/mixed up on the rumor mill?

Many locals were also saying they had heard that BSL had set a house on fire in Church Point with the bodies of two already deceased women in it and gotten away with it. Some newspaper database sleuthing showed me that this case happened while BSL was in prison and that a man was eventually arrested & charged for the murders/arson (Not BSL). I'm just thinking that BSL might be getting blamed for every single incident of arson & women's unnatural deaths in and around Church Point. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's guilty of A LOT just not everything bad that's ever happened in the area ever.

I'm not saying Laffy Taffy doesn't know what he/she is talking about, just throwing this out there in case...I am probably just not as in the know as Laffy is.

I think you take a reasonable position here and make some very good points.

A body has been discovered in Marrero. The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office is investigating.

JPSO
Col. John Fortunato, a JPSO spokesman, said information is not yet available regarding the gender, age or condition of the body.

The body was found Friday night in the 1200 block Robinson Avenue.

Authorities suspect foul play, according to preliminary reports.

CH was in a wheelchair when she was interviewed tonight.
http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-stalked-former-miss-church-point/

I did not see her being interviewed. I did see a picture when she was wearing the Miss Church Point crown and she is in a wheelchair back then.
There was another pic of two women one possibly her as she looks now standing by a younger woman. That and she says " I stand here shaking as we speak"....

http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-stalked-former-miss-church-point/#!prettyPhoto/0/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3