LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im thinking BSL was considered a suspect because of police work. Who lived in this house 3 to 4 months ago and who were the visitors during that time? Oh look Brandon was in a auto accident when he says he was at Fort Polk not to mention he's currently charged with a sexual assault. Definately would have thrown up some flags.....

Don't thank us yet. We're still treading on very thin ice around here. :nerves:

Well, I won't argue wit dat! :floorlaugh:

Yeah, I know. Trying to keep it down to a dull roar, as my dad used to say. We are, though, allowed to take a verified local's word at higher face value, I thought, and so it seems that we are allowed to vet Laffy Taffy's comments, aren't we?

I don't know how many PMs you've been getting, Bessie, but there's a LOT more rumor swirling around than what's been printed on WS..... so y'all have actually been doing pretty good! :)

;)

Im thinking BSL was considered a suspect because of police work. Who lived in this house 3 to 4 months ago and who were the visitors during that time? Oh look Brandon was in a auto accident when he says he was at Fort Polk not to mention he's currently charged with a sexual assault. Definately would have thrown up some flags.....

Im not so sure Pate was even dead yet the night of the accident could have been a week or two later.

As you all know BSL has been in jail for many of the last 13 years. What did CH have to fear by coming forward while he was in jail. Also, LP body was found on the property that CH shared with her boyfriend, is that right? Was she ever interviewed by LE for her knowledge in Lisa's disappearance?

His step dad's funeral was August 29,2009 so this must be the adoptive dad. I understood he was in the hospital closer to home because BSL said he was in NOLA being treated for the mugging and couldn't make it back to pick him up.

Link to step dad's obit:checking with mod

This woman may have approached LE with her information because of the case presented before the grand jury. They could not find enough evidence for a true bill. If this is the case, she must have been scared to death when he was released.

Cajun net said BSL wanted the guy who lived in the house to get blamed for Lisa's death. In a way it makes sense because if blame leaned that way, the guy was dead and couldn't defend himself.

Lisa went missing in late June and it's believed for some reason that she died on July 3rd. People have been asking why and I'm thinking it may be because the woman in the accident, CH knew Lisa Pate's death had occurred on that day.
Claire is working with the prosecution now and that's all I know.

So if CH was afraid of BL why did she get in the car with him the night of June 19? The three people in the car were CH, BL and the boyfriend of CH right? Now the boyfriend of CH who was 44 at the time, was he also BL's cousin? And he is the one who died in accident right? So where was Lisa P. ? The official date of death is July 3 right? how was that determined? So if she didn't die until several days later, then where was she the night of the accident?

hey, you :)

From what I gathered, CH and BSL had become friends after problems when they were kids. She likely wasn't afraid of him when she got in the car with him.

Question - when did the town find out that he was the suspect in the '99 rape? Did his friends know it yet in June, '99?

Was the boyfriend 44? I hadn't seen that. Do you have a source?
I don't think it was BSL's cousin who died - you'd think that we'd have heard that.

No one knows where Lisa Pate was, and when. I would like to know when she went missing, but the only way to find that out would be to find out when her son's birthday was, as the family said they were alerted when she didn't show up.

His step dad's funeral was August 29,2009 so this must be the adoptive dad. I understood he was in the hospital closer to home because BSL said he was in NOLA being treated for the mugging and couldn't make it back to pick him up.

Link to step dad's obit:checking with mod

This woman may have approached LE with her information because of the case presented before the grand jury. They could not find enough evidence for a true bill. If this is the case, she must have been scared to death when he was released.

Cajun net said BSL wanted the guy who lived in the house to get blamed for Lisa's death. In a way it makes sense because if blame leaned that way, the guy was dead and couldn't defend himself.

Lisa went missing in late June and it's believed for some reason that she died on July 3rd. People have been asking why and I'm thinking it may be because the woman in the accident, CH knew Lisa Pate's death had occurred on that day.
Could be...
I'll cut her some slack if she was injured that bad in a car wreck
she may have had no memory of events prior to the accident.

The accident date is important to nail down.
If it did happen Saturday June 19, 1999
I don't see how she could know LP was killed on July 3
unless someone told her!

I thought BSL was saying the guy who died killed Pate???
Again if he died in June no way could BSL blame him!
moo

Jujube.... Thanks. I cannot begin to figure out how to snip, but this is re: your post.

Speculation and rumor says that bsl framed they guy who died in the accident with pates murder by saying that he confessed to killing her before his ill fate. Then the remains were found on the property that he lived at before his demise. Maybe no matter what CH said to that gj they still found reasonable doubt due to all of this.

Kwim?

Well, that's definitely RUMOR, unsourced.

It does sound plausible, for one reason. I am bothered by CH's quote from upthread where she was interviewed by KATC and said that BSL was "going to take revenge."

There's something to that - very sleuthable, and fair game, if we can find out what BSL would have been exacting revenge for.

So if CH was afraid of BL why did she get in the car with him the night of June 19? The three people in the car were CH, BL and the boyfriend of CH right? Now the boyfriend of CH who was 44 at the time, was he also BL's cousin? And he is the one who died in accident right? So where was Lisa P. ? The official date of death is July 3 right? how was that determined? So if she didn't die until several days later, then where was she the night of the accident?

My opinion only, I think she didn't get incredibly fearful of him until AFTER the accident. She made the statement on the news that BL said he would get revenge, as chicken said, revenge for what!? I am betting the threats got real serious after the wreck

Chicken Fried, we're allowed to vet the story since much of it has been reported in MSM. We're not allowed to make it personal, as in trying to prove or disprove another member's word. Nothing said here should be taken at face value without the documentation to back it up.

Could be...
I'll cut her some slack if she was injured that bed in a car wreck
she may have had no memory of events prior to the accident.

The accident date is important to nail down.
If it did happen Saturday June 19, 1999
I don't see how she could know LP was killed on July 3
unless someone told her!

I thought BSL was saying the guy who died killed Pate???
Again if he died in June no way could BSL blame him!
moo

That's why I don't think that CH is the source of the putative July 3rd date of decendence. I think they found something in BSL's trailer - UNLESS - someone other than CH knew something, and then told her later.

That opens up the question of whether someone else saw something, or whether BSL talked.

I have read that most killers have an almost uncontrollable urge to tell someone.

Derrick Todd Lee was said to have told people things when he was drunk.

From what I gathered, CH and BSL had become friends after problems when they were kids. She likely wasn't afraid of him when she got in the car with him.

Question - when did the town find out that he was the suspect in the '99 rape? Did his friends know it yet in June, '99?

I don't think it was BSL's cousin who died - you'd think that we'd have heard that.

No one knows where Lisa Pate was, and when. I would like to know when she went missing, but the only way to find that out would be to find out when her son's birthday was, as the family said they were alerted when she didn't show up.

Did the accident statistic or one of the reports list the ages of the three people in the car and didn't they list that the deceased was 44? I think that is how I got the age. And yes I did understand that the two men BSL and the 44 year old were cousins. I thought that was discussed by someguy, please correct if I misunderstood that.

Where is Ft. Polk in relation to where Pate disappeared from?
Could BSL have "picked" her up on his way from Polk to Church Point?

He also said that Pate WAS killed THAT night.
I take that to mean THEY must have found her/saw her?
THEY didn't advise the authorities...
The people who moved in after them did.
(or Ch moved in with a new bf? and they found the remains?)
Does that sound right?
~see post.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

All I could figure was that it was a different boyfriend that CH moved into the house with, yes.

I do NOT think Laffy Taffy said Pate was killed the night of the accident, just that the accident happened the same night Pate went missing. (We have speculated a good bit about what else might have happened, though.) Laffy Taffy also said that CH and boyfriend were called to the house to pick BSL up, I believe (called by BSL, I have assumed).

ETA: OK, I see that in the later post --the one you quoted, duh! -- LF did come back and say accident and murder = same night. Sorry.

Did the accident statistic or one of the reports list the ages of the three people in the car and didn't they list that the deceased was 44? I think that is how I got the age. And yes I did understand that the two men BSL and the 44 year old were cousins. I thought that was discussed by someguy, please correct if I misunderstood that.

I haven't dug deeply on this. The accident report I saw just listed the number of people. It's all news to me. I'm sure that Eunice/Church-Point locals know all this... if we could only get some of them on board!

As far as Someguy.... we need to make a synopsis of his comments, as well as Laffy Taffy's, as they are verified. I probably missed the majority of their comments, and now am subsisting on the grapevine!

Ok, I've not posted much but i' ve been reading forever so I'm just gonna throw this out there and it's purely a hypothetical. Nobody knows when LP disappeared in June or when she died. It has been posted July 3 rd, however, as far as disappearance is concerned what if, it was LP, CH and CH's boyfriend in the car and the wreck was caused by the accused. After the wreck BSL removes LP from said vehicle therefore giving us the date she disappeared on and something he can threaten CH with and since the husband/ boyfriend had passed he did not have to worry about him. Just a theory, a crazy one I know but I have not read anywhere how we know she disappeared or died that evening of the accident.

All I could figure was that it was a different boyfriend that CH moved into the house with, yes.

I do NOT think Laffy Taffy said Pate was killed the night of the accident, just that the accident happened the same night Pate went missing. (We have speculated a good bit about what else might have happened, though.) Laffy Taffy also said that CH and boyfriend were called to the house to pick BSL up, I believe (called by BSL, I have assumed).

Wait wait wait WAIT - Backwoods, are you saying that Claire Higginbotham was living there with Guy Landry in Sept. '99, when the body was discovered?

Dimly through the tired haze, I seem to remember something about someone in a wheelchair there when the remains were found?

This is important. Was CH living in the house in Sept. '99?

I understand all the discussion about Lisa, but with all due respect, isnt this thread supposed to be about Mickey? I know they are all tragically intertwined now, but let's not forget her. Knowing when Lisa went missing is not going to find Mickey.

Wait wait wait WAIT - Backwoods, are you saying that Claire Higginbotham was living there with Guy Landry in Sept. '99, when the body was discovered?

Dimly through the tired haze, I seem to remember something about someone in a wheelchair there when the remains were found?

This is important. Was CH living in the house in Sept. '99?

Holy Heck, I remember that too. Something shady with this lady... And I know the ws'ers are gonna figure it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee