LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I am a first time poster although I have been reading along for a couple of weeks now. I have a question about BSL personal effects. If I have understood correctly at the time of LP's death BSL lived on base. My question is if it is true as some people speculate that he keeps momento's from his crimes where could these have been kept? Was his mothers house completely burned down? Was his trailer completely burned down? And who would have had possession of all of his belongings while he was in prison for 8 years? It seems like someone would have knowledge of what incriminating evidence he had kept if he did keep anything. This has probably been answered already but it is something that just bothers me. I just know that if a child of mine was sent to prison for such crimes I would have gone through their belongings left in my care to search for anything that would either link them or clear them of such a crime. I would just need to know the truth I suppose is what I'm saying. I just feel like someone else out there knows alot more than they are telling.

:welcome4::welcome4:
Hello everyone! I am a first time poster although I have been reading along for a couple of weeks now. I have a question about BSL personal effects. If I have understood correctly at the time of LP's death BSL lived on base. My question is if it is true as some people speculate that he keeps momento's from his crimes where could these have been kept? Was his mothers house completely burned down? Was his trailer completely burned down? And who would have had possession of all of his belongings while he was in prison for 8 years? It seems like someone would have knowledge of what incriminating evidence he had kept if he did keep anything. This has probably been answered already but it is something that just bothers me. I just know that if a child of mine was sent to prison for such crimes I would have gone through their belongings left in my care to search for anything that would either link them or clear them of such a crime. I would just need to know the truth I suppose is what I'm saying. I just feel like someone else out there knows alot more than they are telling.

jmo.....maybe the kids in the wreck were with bsl and taking drugs and lp was there also ...then the kids left and got into accident. maybe LP was going out with bsl. Then LP turned up missing at a later time...and found dead. That could be why he was a suspect early on with them saying he was in the area the night the accident happened. Also the victims of the accident may know she was there that night but didn't say because BSL threatened them to not say or he would talk about the drugs? Maybe now they are talking about LP knowing BSL . And now they have something they found to prove that he killed lp?

:welcome4: passnthru

Thanks for joining us. We could use some people with inside knowledge to help answer your questions. I'm particularly interested in where he kept any incriminating items over the years and can only speculate that he had a secret hiding place for these, close to his property...perhaps buried in a tin. Just a guess.:twocents:

Reliable source tells me that BSL vomited when questioned about MS. Wouldn't think this would be the response of a typical SK???

:moo: I think BSL vomited as a nervous response from fear that he was caught and
possibly going back to prison :jail: for a very very loooong time.
He figured he had gotten away with another incident free & clear but he was WRONG.
Just my own opinion.

jmo.....maybe the kids in the wreck were with bsl and taking drugs and lp was there also ...then the kids left and got into accident. maybe LP was going out with bsl. Then LP turned up missing at a later time...and found dead. That could be why he was a suspect early on with them saying he was in the area the night the accident happened. Also the victims of the accident may know she was there that night but didn't say because BSL threatened them to not say or he would talk about the drugs? Maybe now they are talking about LP knowing BSL . And now they have something they found to prove that he killed lp?

We really need to know the correct timing between LP's murder and the car wreck involving CH. I think this is vital in determining linkage between these two events. Does anyone have more info on that?

:welcome3: to new members!!!!

speculation
Even if the hyoid is found broken, this is not positive proof of strangulation as the COD. Really hoping the DA has good evidence.

According to what I've read, BSL may have tried to run the car off the road.

I've heard different things. I've heard he was in the car driving, that he wad a passenger, that he tampered with tires or brakes, that he chased the car, that he called for a ride. I've heard just about every combination of scenerios and circumstances possible and the only people who know are God bsl and the one other person still alive that was there. And I speculate that if bsl had his way she wouldn't be!

ALL RUMOR AND SPECULATION.

From what I have read online, the date of the car accident involving BSL and CH was June 19, 1999 and the date of Lisa Pate's death was July 3, 1999.

If this is so, then the accident could have been unrelated to the murder...or is the date of death wrong?

Do we have verifiable links to back up these dates? :websleuther:

We really need to know the correct timing between LP's murder and the car wreck involving CH. I think this is vital in determining linkage between these two events. Does anyone have more info on that?
Don't quote me because I am not sure but I think the car accident was on July 3 1999. Which was the same date as PO's death was......on or about July 3 1999.
IM NOT CERTAIN!! but maybe Google it. 3 passengers one fatality single car accident St Landry parish on Brigman highway.

Moo

I think we are getting pretty lost in the weeds.... and all need to take a step back to refocus.

The basic question is:

What, if anything, does a car accident involving CH on 6/19/99, have to do with Lisa Pate or BSL?

So far, I am seeing nothing.

I am seeing that:

1. CH once lived in a house/camp. The house was rumored to belong to a Lavergne cousin, but I have never seen a source.

2. A body was found behind the house.

3. BSL is said to have known CH.

4. Last week, CH was quoted on the KATC website as having said BSL would "take revenge."

5. CH was in a car wreck, either before or after LP went missing.

6. BSL was put before an inconclusive grand jury in '08, and indicted by grand jury on 7/18/12.

I don't see a single connection between BSL and a car wreck, and the only connection between Lisa Pate and CH is that LP's remains were found behind a house where she lived when she may or may not have been living there.

What am I missing?

What are we sleuthing?

:waitasec:

I asked last night and will ask again:

Does anyone have the address of the camp on Brigman Hwy.? I'd like to put it in Google Earth to look for the rice field.

Thanks!

A while back before the grand jury met and before we knew about the 1st degree murder charge for LP....right after he was arrested..i was reading that he was a suspect in another murder because of a car accident he was in the area. So now we are hearing about this car accident and LP's murder..but how it is tied together..i have no idea.

Don't quote me because I am not sure but I think the car accident was on July 3 1999. Which was the same date as PO's death was......on or about July 3 1999.
IM NOT CERTAIN!! but maybe Google it. 3 passengers one fatality single car accident St Landry parish on Brigman highway.

Moo

This is my first time posting so I hope I am doing this correctly...

The car accident was not July 3, 1999, it was June 19, 1999. As far as the police report shows BSL was not a passenger in that car. My brother is the one who died from this accident. I have lots of information that could possibly clear up many of your questions, but I'm not sure what I can and can't post. I must say though, to date, we have not been told the truth by either of the other occupants of the car accident. I hope soon the truth will be revealed so we can have closure as well.

The only residence that has a thicket "25 yds. from the front door," as a news article said, is the overgrown-looking one on the NORTH side of Brigman, at the bend.

ETA... actually it looks like the "2290" marker is on the property across the road - to the north - from the house with the red roofs.

:Welcome1:

The car accident was not July 3, 1999, it was June 19, 1999. As far as the police report shows BSL was not a passenger in that car. My brother is the one who died from this accident. I have lots of information that could possibly clear up many of your questions, but I'm not sure what I can and can't post. I must say though, to date, we have not been told the truth by either of the other occupants of the car accident. I hope soon the truth will be revealed so we can have closure as well.

Oh YAY! Maybe you can clear some of this stuff up for us- we are a bit fuddled! Sorry for the loss of your brother.

Welcome to the forum.

I am sorry for the loss of your brother. These recent events must have brought back many memories.

If you would like to be verified as an "insider" at WS, then you can follow the simple instructions here.

I am sure many posters here at WS have lots of questions.

Mine is, what do you think happened to your brother the night of his accident?

Here are the instructions to be verified:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7735200&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Rules Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters[/ame]

There is a thicket 50 YARDS from the house.. but not 25 yards.

Looks like a dense thicket. This may have been where they found Lisa.

There's a large field to the east of the house, but can't tell if it a rice field, or just a mown pasture.

Welcome to the community. We try to be fair here and stick to the facts - no personal attacks allowed. I hope you will find Websleuths a good resource for you and your family to follow the case. So sorry about your brother.... so much must be coming back to the surface for you.

:welcome4:

You could really help out the sleuthing in this case by helping clear up the facts of the accident. So many rumors have been reported, and we are just trying to stick to the facts here.

My question for you would be a basic one:

Do you think there was any connection between the accident and BSL? Any link between the two?

Also, did your brother know Lisa Pate or BSL?

Thanks, and welcome...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member