LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. I think he would go to the most convenient place to have sutures removed. Some folks cut them out themselves. Snip snip.

Correct, if it was just a simple suture to a simple wound. My thought process is if it's related to his surgery to his finger, then no I don't think he would be able to go to any location for suture removal. Usually when you have surgery on your finger it's because of a cut tendon, which if not repaired you lose flexion in that finger for the rest of your life which he would need repaired in his occupation as a mechanic. Surgery doesn't just make it better. You have to be splinted for a certain period of time. Attempting to move your finger too early causes the healing structure to basically be ripped apart too soon inside of your finger and negates the surgery. He would need to have someone remove the sutures for him while keeping his finger in the correct position as not to add stress on the healing tendons inside of his finger. No average joe can just do that, especially if it's your dominant hand that has the injury. And then all the rest that I added in my previous post about why that operating surgeon is going to want to see him back. I'm almost positive if a surgery patient came in to a different hospital asking for sutures to be removed from a surgical incision like this that they absolutely would not do it because the operating surgeon decides when to take out the stitches and needs to check up on him, etc.

Now he could have just went to get his other sutures out from the other places he was stabbed excluding his finger injuries. Another poster mentioned that they didn't think he'd go to the hospital to remove stitches, you've got to remember where his injuries were located. It's pretty hard to remove stitches on your back, etc!! Especially with only one hand without a splint on it!

LOL!
Are there charges against him for arson of his vehicle, tampering with evidence (the truck), filing a false police report, insurance fraud?

So far, none of that, or the reports stating those charges have surfaced. But I feel certain they will be added onto his charges sometime in the future if needed.

"During his time in prison, he completed the adult sex offender program during which time he impressed the program’s director so much that he wrote him a glowing letter which was sent to the Louisiana Adult Probation and Parole Districts. Lavergne was referred to as ‘a man who assists other inmates with their workbooks, handouts, videos, etc. He is prompt, reliable and maintains a positive attitude in his work."

"How much influence the letter (which was written in January of 2003) had on Lavergne’s release is unknown. However, it does reflect the actions of a man who may be capable of easily fooling people"

Read more: AcadiaParishToday.com - Prior arrest prison records show Lavergne s violent nature

Food for thought...

I think it is possible that he was NOT behind bars 100% from Feb 2000 - Aug 2008
moo

This should be found out. Scary to think about. But even so, wouldn't he have been completely monitored?

I hope I don't disturb anyone with this, but I'm a woman with no medical training and I've removed my own stitches. If BSL was really worried about getting caught (I personally think he took a lot of dumb chances and maybe he wasn't all that worried), why would he go to a third hospital just to have stitches removed?

Maybe (and just taking a quick guess) he wanted to be able to prove to somebody (who?) that he was in that part of Texas on that particular day...?

Can't help but wonder if perhaps he burned himself...

Now that would just be about the stupidest thing to go to the hospital for when your "stolen" truck would later be found burnt. Surely he's not that much of an idiot. Hopefully he is for the families sake :floorlaugh:

This should be found out. Scary to think about. But even so, wouldn't he have been completely monitored?

Nooooooooooooo. I think he is a master manipulator, even fooling those in control of his comings and goings...even people who should have known better. Slick and evil incarnate.

LOL!
Are there charges against him for arson of his vehicle, tampering with evidence (the truck), filing a false police report, insurance fraud?

It could turn out that it will actually be hard to prove that he burned his own truck, JMO. Maybe that part is just being assumed, at this point anyhow, for the sake of the murder case.

Now that would just be about the stupidest thing to go to the hospital for when your "stolen" truck would later be found burnt. Surely he's not that much of an idiot. Hopefully he is for the families sake :floorlaugh:

Well, if he really rented a car in Spring, that would be the stupidest thing...or maybe a tie...

Do we know when he went to the hospital in Texas? Was it at the same time his truck burned?

No, we don't have any information on when he went to the hospital in TX. We are just making assumptions it was around the time his car was found burned on May 31 northeast of Houston, but we do not know if it was before or after.

I'm forgetting -- do we know to which hand (and dominant or not) the hand/finger injury/injuries were?

(danzn16, one of your posts above made me wonder about this)

And of course, during the time of his incarceration, if he was allowed to drive a vehicle, or be on a work crew, or accompany a certain person to a certain type of job or whatever -- guess what he would be driving or be riding in?

Okay, well, let me put it this way: While I was visiting a friend in x parish near Central Louisiana, I was watching "cops". About that time a figure appeared in the door way with a flashlight and I swear it looked like a real cop. I yelled for my friend "anita" and asked her if I was hallucinating or was there really a cop with a flashlight standing in the doorway of the bedroom where I was watching t.v. She walked in and said that they were looking for Boudreau who had been on a work crew that day but had not shown back up that night for evening roll call. Now Boudreau had an arrest record as long as my arm and was serving time with crimes against children, etc. in his background from previous arrests. However, because he was a diesel mechanic and worked on the sheriff's properties, etc. he had a lot more freedom than other prisoners. I have lived and live in a different state and I know that in my present state prisoners are not given as much freedom as they were in Louisiana.

Certainly there are many more criminals capable of committing crimes in Lousiana besides BSL. I am writing this because I know that some folks on here are from other countries and other states and would not even consider that somebody in prison could commit a crime -- but I am here to say and repeat as often as necessary -- I truly believe in Louisiana that exact thing could and does happen. It just depends on what kind of facility they are in and how much the warden or sheriff or whoever trusts that particular inmate. It sounds to me like BSL was trusted and that sets off red warning lights in my head. NOTHING surprises me. It ain't my first rodeo.
Thank you for pointing this out. It makes sense because I have heard of work release programs. I always associated prison with being locked up. This is good to know.

snipped by me

Food for thought...

I think it is possible that he was NOT behind bars 100% from Feb 2000 - Aug 2008
moo

I'd say its even probable. Everyone around here has surmised that he got his TWIC card to be able to hold an offshort position during that time actually - lots of work release programs provide labor for rigs...unusually unskilled positions from what I understand but I suppose it could transfer into a rig position. He was busy being an outstanding inmate so if anyone qualified to head out into the community...it was the guy completing all of his courses and acting like the model citizen who had been falsely accused. Blah.

We don't know from where exactly he reported the truck stolen (as someone said -- motel, side of road, etc.), nor which hospital in TX he went to -- is this a correct statement? (I may have missed something!)

If it is -- for all we know, he may have reported the truck stolen from the hospital parking lot!

I need to be reminded of who Someguy is.

Somebody.....Someguy? :)

Just taking a break from pool cleaning and saw this question. Sorry for the duplication, if it's already been answered.

Someguy posted on this thread back on July 12 and introduced himself as a "relative of BSL". He clarified that he was not his brother in a later post. Thread #35 (pretty sure).

I'm forgetting -- do we know to which hand (and dominant or not) the hand/finger injury/injuries were?

(danzn16, one of your posts above made me wonder about this)

I don't think we know this answer, nor which finger was injured. The only thing we know is that on the police report it said a stab to the hand, on news articles it said lacerated finger, and someguy said BSL said his finger was nearly cut off. In my years in the medical field a cut to the finger = tendon laceration in almost every case. I guess time will tell!

I don't think we know this answer, nor which finger was injured. The only thing we know is that on the police report it said a stab to the hand, on news articles it said lacerated finger, and someguy said BSL said his finger was nearly cut off. In my years in the medical field a cut to the finger = tendon laceration in almost every case. I guess time will tell!

bbm: Guess so -- sure wish we knew.

Do you think that would put him on table for others? Can I even say what others?

I live in a different La. parish. We have numerous work release programs where the men in their final years (sometimes months) of serving their terms are housed. They go inside the community, work side by side with citizens and are brought to and from their work facility by a van.

On more than one occassion a few of these men have gone missing, been forgotten at a certain location for over 24 hours... These men are being introduced back into society at the discretion of the higher ups. What worries me is bsl seemed to be the model prisoner and could garner a more lenient program towards the end of his sentence.

I can only speak for my parish and in no way am I saying this program even exists in the parish he was in prison. And FYI, not all of these men were involved in drugs or burglaries some of the rap sheets are long and scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub